What is God doing in your life right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is teaching me how to eat locusts and wild honey, takes some adjustment to get used to the diet though lol
Are you planning to be on 'I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Here'?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good post. he is always doing something in our lives even if it is something we can't yet see. Like you I'm not as active or interactive as I once was and sometimes I worry about that. But then again I pray about it and nothing changes so I guess he hears but is telling me it's ok.

Maybe for us Pat, the ploughing and sowing days are over and now are the days of watering. Prayer is one of the most powerful thing we can do. ✟

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi there.
I am curious.
I have just read through this whole thread ( only just found it)

I notice, out of all the people who posted , you are the only one who has posted about five post and not once answered the Opening Post or subject line!!

Obviously God is doing nothing in your life, neither has He done anything in your life!! You just post a scripture verse or a one liner...
...View attachment 6047
This is why I quoted 1 Samuel 7.12:'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us'. This has indeed become my experience, as since the Lord intervened in grace in my life, He has gone before, opening and shutting doors (Revelation 3.7); I have thought a lot about Paul's experience, also 'Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day' (Acts 26.22). I do believe an excellent testimony method is to point away from oneself, pointing to the Lord Jesus Himself, who died at the Cross for us, pointing to the Scriptures.

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand your post. And how is that affecting your life right now? What is God doing in your life personally?

Yes, Mike is very un-understandable :D Have not understood even one of his posts yet, lol.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to thank the Lord for watching over us yesterday. We were about 10 miles away in driving rain and wind when most of the serpentine belt on our car shredded and wrapped around the fan. Originally about 2" wide, it was now about 1/2" with about 150 lbs of tension on it. We were in a remote area but decided to try for home on "a wing and a prayer". All worked out well and I installed a new belt in under an hour for about $30.

:eek: I'm glad you both are safe, and that the damage was taken care of at minimal cost. God is so good ♥

Reactions: farouk and Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is why I quoted 1 Samuel 7.12:'Hitherto hath the LORD helped us'. This has indeed become my experience, as since the Lord intervened in grace in my life, He has gone before, opening and shutting doors (Revelation 3.7); I have thought a lot about Paul's experience, also 'Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day' (Acts 26.22). I do believe an excellent testimony method is to point away from oneself, pointing to the Lord Jesus Himself, who died at the Cross for us, pointing to the Scriptures.

Thanks for responding. :)
I just wanted to give you a little poke there.
You are a man of few words.
( unless of course it is about tattoo's, earrings , or piercings . :D )

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thanks for responding. :)
I just wanted to give you a little poke there.
You are a man of few words.
( unless of course it is about tattoo's, earrings , or piercings . :D )
'In poke we hope...'

JFK, becoming the first RC President, suggested turning 'In God we trust" into 'In Pope we hope'....(....:eek:...)

Maybe another is: 'In poke we hope...' o_O

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, Mike is very un-understandable :D Have not understood even one of his posts yet, lol.

One painting had his name on it...so I just guessed that he was showing us that God gave him painting talent or something.
Bur true,,I don't understand much.

I have wondered if English is his first language....

D

Dave L

The case of the missing mechanic;
Unknown to us, the factory went bankrupt and we had only a few months left to use up the raw materials and ship the products. The mechanic walked out leaving vital machines in disrepair while production faced a standstill. We didn't know at the time of the peril we were in. Having already been fired from one job for not being mechanically inclined, I trusted the Lord to bless my efforts and keeping the machines running. Without any training he gave me wisdom in how things worked and how to keep the machines running. Eventually the factory closed but what I learned in the process opened new employment..... fixing industrial machines and computerized robots. Traveling from factory to factory, state to state at $90 per hr. at the time. Details available.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Good post. he is always doing something in our lives even if it is something we can't yet see. Like you I'm not as active or interactive as I once was and sometimes I worry about that. But then again I pray about it and nothing changes so I guess he hears but is telling me it's ok.
I think if we make sure that we are pursuing daily prayer and the Scriptures, then we may be sure that the Lord is at work silently.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This morning I had a wonderful example of God working in my life. I was praying for a difficult family situation and then read my scripture verses and was stunned by how relevant they were not just to the situation but actually to the moment. Once I read those words I knew things would work out right and ten or fifteen minutes later I heard that they had worked out. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but it is a private matter. God is good.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This morning I had a wonderful example of God working in my life. I was praying for a difficult family situation and then read my scripture verses and was stunned by how relevant they were not just to the situation but actually to the moment. Once I read those words I knew things would work out right and ten or fifteen minutes later I heard that they had worked out. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but it is a private matter. God is good.
The Word of God is so rich and powerful.

Reactions: Pearl and Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I really don't understand how ppl can say they feel great experiences with God but seem to have no interest in what the Word of God has to say, and who don't seem to feature in any prayer life.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't understand how ppl can say they feel great experiences with God but seem to have no interest in what the Word of God has to say, and who don't seem to feature in any prayer life.
I have discovered on similar sites to this that there are those who prefer knowledge to relationship. Who prefer to debate and argue to prove they are right rather than accept others for who they are without turning everything others believe into a contentious issue. And some people's views are just plain weird. But hey God loves all of us.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have discovered on similar sites to this that there are those who prefer knowledge to relationship. Who prefer to debate and argue to prove they are right rather than accept others for who they are without turning everything others believe into a contentious issue. And some people's views are just plain weird. But hey God loves all of us.
I guess that first and foremost the relationship must be vertical: Godward; and it's then afterwards the the horizonal - interpersonal fellowship - comes, as per the order in John's First Epistle.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess that first and foremost the relationship must be vertical: Godward; and it's then afterwards the the horizonal - interpersonal fellowship - comes, as per the order in John's First Epistle.
Yes the relationship I spoke of was the one with God through Jesus.

Reactions: farouk

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Dave L

I enjoy all of your testimonies of God goodness and answers to prayer.
They are great encouragement to live our life 'looking for' the hand of God in even the smallest of details.

"Despise not the day of small things "...which really to the Christian are BIG things!!
Praise God!

Reactions: Dave L and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Dave L

I enjoy all of your testimonies of God goodness and answers to prayer.
They are great encouragement to live our life 'looking for' the hand of God in even the smallest of details.

"Despise not the day of small things "...which really to the Christian are BIG things!!
Praise God!
One's personal triumph in faith, Scripturally attested, is what really counts. :)

Reactions: Dave L