What is God doing in your life right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every Christian forum I've been part of has had many doctrinal discussions but they have always seemed to be missing out on people talking about God our Father in personal terms.

What is he doing in your life? How has he blessed you recently? How is he guiding you? How has he answered prayer?

We are all supposed to depend on our Heavenly Father as children do on their earthly fathers but we don't talk about our dependency and the way he has reached out and blessed us. There is too much argument and discussion and not enough blessing.

D

Dave L

Every Christian forum I've been part of has had many doctrinal discussions but they have always seemed to be missing out on people talking about God our Father in personal terms.

What is he doing in your life? How has he blessed you recently? How is he guiding you? How has he answered prayer?

We are all supposed to depend on our Heavenly Father as children do on their earthly fathers but we don't talk about our dependency and the way he has reached out and blessed us. There is too much argument and discussion and not enough blessing.
My life is one continuous miracle of God’s providence since I gave up my career and began living the Sermon on the Mount in the 1970s. See; My Testimony . My wife and I haven’t suffered any physical needs according to his promise. And haven’t needed medicine since the 1980s. Although we visit the dentist twice yearly. I’m thrilled and blessed with the scriptures everyday as he continues to correct my apprehension of him and provide fresh insight into his word. My wife and I are enjoying the best years of our life, both retired and content because of him and the love he gave us for each other…..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My life is one continuous miracle of God’s providence since I gave up my career and began living the Sermon on the Mount in the 1970s. See; My Testimony . My wife and I haven’t suffered any physical needs according to his promise. And haven’t needed medicine since the 1980s. Although we visit the dentist twice yearly. I’m thrilled and blessed with the scriptures everyday as he continues to correct my apprehension of him and provide fresh insight into his word. My wife and I are enjoying the best years of our life, both retired and content because of him and the love he gave us for each other…..

Amen to God's providence! I retired at 43 to serve the Lord full time...without any salary. It's been 17 years now. Best time for my wife and I also. I love spending time in the word and in His presence in solitude...and this is a gift from God.

I also thank the Lord for His spiritual gifts...His visitations and revelations. Always looking for more of Him. :)

D

Dave L

Amen to God's providence! I retired at 43 to serve the Lord full time...without any salary. It's been 17 years now. Best time for my wife and I also. I love spending time in the word and in His presence in solitude...and this is a gift from God.

I also thank the Lord for His spiritual gifts...His visitations and revelations. Always looking for more of Him. :)
I can't believe how thrilled I am seeing God's providence over the years based on his promises made in Matthew 6:24-34.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I find that whenever I actually need something God provides even when it is something small. I have a couple of jumpers with really baggy sleeves which won't stay pushed up so I said to my husband that I needed a pair of men's arm bands - the concertina metal type that my dad used - and next time we went out there were a pair on the counter in the charity shop for a pound. Not much I know, but He always does that.

D

Dave L

I find that whenever I actually need something God provides even when it is something small. I have a couple of jumpers with really baggy sleeves which won't stay pushed up so I said to my husband that I needed a pair of men's arm bands - the concertina metal type that my dad used - and next time we went out there were a pair on the counter in the charity shop for a pound. Not much I know, but He always does that.
It's things like this that keep life interesting. I rented a $50 digital piano to a couple for an event. I asked them to play the $175,000 concert grand while they were at it. They bought it for their church............. just another day basking in God's providence. I have several of these types of provisions worth mentioning perhaps later.

Last edited by a moderator:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's a long story and somewhat an uneventful one to listen to. But me, being the one who lived it, sees the great things that have happened.

I live a non eventful life. I have my hobbies, my struggles, my successes and quirky happenings just like everyone else. I have plenty of bills and bouts of depression, but I have periods of joy and I have a large enough income to pay the bills.

My health is excellent as far as I know. I am a avid cyclist, runner, weight lifter and frankly, I have a healthy body of someone 15 years younger than me.

I have a healthy marriage and friends.

5 or 10 years ago, non of this was so. God gave me the wisdom to change that. He didn't change it but told me how. By the way, he did it through a preacher and preaching. He didn't appear to me personally.

The glory all goes to God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's a long story and somewhat an uneventful one to listen to. But me, being the one who lived it, sees the great things that have happened.

I live a non eventful life. I have my hobbies, my struggles, my successes and quirky happenings just like everyone else. I have plenty of bills and bouts of depression, but I have periods of joy and I have a large enough income to pay the bills.

My health is excellent as far as I know. I am a avid cyclist, runner, weight lifter and frankly, I have a healthy body of someone 15 years younger than me.

I have a healthy marriage and friends.

5 or 10 years ago, non of this was so. God gave me the wisdom to change that. He didn't change it but told me how. By the way, he did it through a preacher and preaching. He didn't appear to me personally.

The glory all goes to God.
I have learned that even when life seems mundane and uneventful he is there in the detail. And the special times are very special.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Right now in my life the big issue is a custody battle between my son and his ex. It's not really about custody even, just access, but it tearing my son to bits. I look to God to bring about a righteous result.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our weekly prayer group continues to witness miracles in answer to prayer. In the past, these miracles include: the healing of the blind, the healing of 2 people's malignant brain tumors, and the instant healing of a huge inoperable blood clot, Last Monday, we learned of 2 more answers to prayer that had just happened during the past week:
(1) the healing of a little girl's psychosis of fear that had kept her from attending school and even going outside her house. 2 members of our prayer group performed a charismatic ritual of "casting the glory" outside this little girl's house that God used to create this marvelous healing miracle.

(2) We had been praying for the adult son of a prayer group member. The answer to prayer had 2 phases:
(a) He had just recently voluntarily committed himself to a secular substance abuse clinic.
(b) Though the clinic was secular, his counselor was a born again Christian who motivated him to call his Dad (in our group) to discuss spiritual issues and to fully vent his frustrations over his Dad's efforts to be a Christian influence on his life. Prior to this, the son had resented and resisted all efforts to exercise a spiritual witness and influence on his life.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our weekly prayer group continues to witness miracles in answer to prayer. In the past, these miracles include: the healing of the blind, the healing of 2 people's malignant brain tumors, and the instant healing of a huge inoperable blood clot, Last Monday, we learned of 2 more answers to prayer that had just happened during the past week:
(1) the healing of a little girl's psychosis of fear that had kept her from attending school and even going outside her house. 2 members of our prayer group performed a charismatic ritual of "casting the glory" outside this little girl's house that God used to create this marvelous healing miracle.

(2) We had been praying for the adult son of a prayer group member. The answer to prayer had 2 phases:
(a) He had just recently voluntarily committed himself to a secular substance abuse clinic.
(b) Though the clinic was secular, his counselor was a born again Christian who motivated him to call his Dad (in our group) to discuss spiritual issues and to fully vent his frustrations over his Dad's efforts to be a Christian influence on his life. Prior to this, the son had resented and resisted all efforts to exercise a spiritual witness and influence on his life.
Wow! Praise God. He is alive and active despite all claims to the contrary. Again I have to say WOW!!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Was Job abandoned by God when his life fell apart? Was he unblessed?
And Paul, spending a day and a night in the deep waters because of a shipwreck or getting stoned till they thought he was dead? was he unblessed?
Trials and tribulations hone the blade. It does not mean because times are difficult that God's blessing is missing. It could in fact be a greater blessing than when it's all on easy street.

If our fight is against sin I'm certain the mindset is vigilance and readiness, blessings indeed. Lonely times for meaningful human company is not an uncommon thing with those whose hearts cry after God. The yada yada with its inbuilt self inflation particularly in Christian circles is a load to bear for God seekers. A blessing which exercises patience and kindness. I think the scripture calls it long-suffering. A quality that is the epitome of the heavenly realms.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Was Job abandoned by God when his life fell apart? Was he unblessed?
And Paul, spending a day and a night in the deep waters because of a shipwreck or getting stoned till they thought he was dead? was he unblessed?
Trials and tribulations hone the blade. It does not mean because times are difficult that God's blessing is missing. It could in fact be a greater blessing than when it's all on easy street.

If our fight is against sin I'm certain the mindset is vigilance and readiness, blessings indeed. Lonely times for meaningful human company is not an uncommon thing with those whose hearts cry after God. The yada yada with its inbuilt self inflation particularly in Christian circles is a load to bear for God seekers. A blessing which exercises patience and kindness. I think the scripture calls it long-suffering. A quality that is the epitome of the heavenly realms.

So by your reply do I detect that things aren't going great for you at present?

D

Dave L

The prayer of faith heals the sick. I mentioned earlier a baptist guy I knew had a daughter with a hole in her skull that the lord replaced with new bone. She had a steel plate and the new bone was pushing the plate out to the point the doctors had to surgically remove it making room for the bone. I have several other prayer of faith answers I can share perhaps later.

D

Dave L

When I was in London I quit the music business after several months and became stranded. I wrote a song years before on a certain theme. One of the publishers heard it and happened to be working on a movie of the same theme. They took the song and a few others I wrote through which I was able to land a publishing contract, return to the States and start over living the Sermon on the Mount. I have more of these types of miracle provisions God sent if interested.

Reactions: Helen and Pearl
D

Dave L

God watches over people even in their darkest hour. I was a hooligan growing up. Always in trouble, nothing major, but I had no chance of ever amounting to anything because of my attitude. I had a school record that followed me and made it certain I would never get into college. But.........just around graduation time, some school janitors mistakenly grabbed my records piled on a desk corner, meant to be permanently stored on micro-film, and fed them to the incinerator with other trash instead. As a result, I could now go to college, as a repentant believer where I became class president my sophomore year. Not one trace of my hooliganism ever followed me. Just as my sins cannot follow me in Christ.

D

Dave L

Another example of God's providence came when I was a factory manager. The owners wanted to increase production. So I told them they needed to give everyone a raise (except me) so I could demand a fair amount of work for a fair wage. This eventually led to my replacement but they came through. I was in my 50s and jobs were scant especially at my age.

So they brought in my replacement and I happily taught him everything I knew. This according to Jesus' request that we love our enemies. While my salary turned from dollars into pennies on the hour by the end of each long day...so to speak. But when the time came, the Lord opened another door that led to a much better income and benefits, and early retirement on my own dime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Acolyte and Helen