What is God doing in your life right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Bad hip healed, sort of. I inherited my dad's shallow hip socket which tends to arthritis in old age. And it began causing extreme pain in my 60s. So I of course prayed about this and here's what happened. Providentially, I began focusing on exercise as a means to counter old age. And I bought a leg machine from a school gym auction. Now the muscles surrounding the area are firm and hold everything in place. I can walk and do many things I thought were passing me by. I commonly walk a mile or so on my treadmill every day without pain. And ride in the car without pain which used to be insurmountable. But understanding God's providence even in this I give him the credit and the glory.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Christian forum I've been part of has had many doctrinal discussions but they have always seemed to be missing out on people talking about God our Father in personal terms.

What is he doing in your life? How has he blessed you recently? How is he guiding you? How has he answered prayer?

We are all supposed to depend on our Heavenly Father as children do on their earthly fathers but we don't talk about our dependency and the way he has reached out and blessed us. There is too much argument and discussion and not enough blessing.

On the financial side, over the last few months my wife and I have received a number of unexpected provisions just when we needed it. My income took a hit last year and savings dwindled to less than a thousand dollars. Yet when our stove went out, within days I received $1,500 unexpectedly from work; money that had been owed me that I didn't even know about (that's just one example. There are others).

I also recently purchased a 2009 Pontiac with perfect interior, a Toyota engine in great shape with just 125,000 miles on it, a new air conditioner, and a new clutch for only $1,500. The reason it was so cheap was because it's a clutch, and the woman who bought it from someone had real trouble learning how to drive it since it wasn't an automatic. She tore the transmission up so bad she destroyed second gear completely, LoL. I know because my mechanic showed me the pictures of it when he was doing the repairs on it. But the good thing for me is I've been driving clutches my whole life, and quite honestly I don't even need second gear. So I drive it around town whenever I'm not working, and it's like having a new car that I paid almost nothing for.

Spiritually, the Lord has been teaching me how to produce videos over the last couple of months, and it's a lot to learn. I've had to have a lot of patience because my hard drives have acted up several times and rendering hours of film work useless, LoL. But the Lord has had His hand in it, because with each delay I take a fresh approach at how things need to be done, and I keep improving things each time. The end result is going to be quality productions.

Blessings in Christ, and good thread. Nice to read several of the posts.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
On the financial side, over the last few months my wife and I have received a number of unexpected provisions just when we needed it. My income took a hit last year and savings dwindled to less than a thousand dollars. Yet when our stove went out, within days I received $1,500 unexpectedly from work; money that had been owed me that I didn't even know about (that's just one example. There are others).

I also recently purchased a 2009 Pontiac with perfect interior, a Toyota engine in great shape with just 125,000 miles on it, a new air conditioner, and a new clutch for only $1,500. The reason it was so cheap was because it's a clutch, and the woman who bought it from someone had real trouble learning how to drive it since it wasn't an automatic. She tore the transmission up so bad she destroyed second gear completely, LoL. I know because my mechanic showed me the pictures of it when he was doing the repairs on it. But the good thing for me is I've been driving clutches my whole life, and quite honestly I don't even need second gear. So I drive it around town whenever I'm not working, and it's like having a new car that I paid almost nothing for.

Spiritually, the Lord has been teaching me how to produce videos over the last couple of months, and it's a lot to learn. I've had to have a lot of patience because my hard drives have acted up several times and rendering hours of film work useless, LoL. But the Lord has had His hand in it, because with each delay I take a fresh approach at how things need to be done, and I keep improving things each time. The end result is going to be quality productions.

Blessings in Christ, and good thread. Nice to read several of the posts.
It's always amazing when God provides for us.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Over the years I have lost count of the number of times I have know God's hand was in something; new sofas recently, new curtains a couple of years ago; finding my friend's keys that were lost in somewhere in the park; finding the fault on my phone line so I didn't have to pay for a new one; even the house I live in was his provision. He saved my life through angelic intervention whilst I was riding pillion behind my husband and he has healed me twice. I have a small pile of pebble on my hearth to remind me of those times and the countless times he must have blessed me without my knowledge.

Also without my knowledge he has prepared me for certain tasks. For example when I left school my dad insisted on my doing a secretarial course where I learned to type. I never used this skill in the workplace but years later as a Christian I have used that skill in the publishing of church magazines and newsletters. When I bought my first PC with absolutely no knowledge of computers, without any tuition at all I was able to use it to publish those magazines, make cards, bookmarks etc. He provides in all areas of life.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every Christian forum I've been part of has had many doctrinal discussions but they have always seemed to be missing out on people talking about God our Father in personal terms.

What is He doing in your life? How has He blessed you recently? How is He guiding you? How has He answered prayer?

We are all supposed to depend on our Heavenly Father as children do on their earthly fathers but we don't talk about our dependency and the way he has reached out and blessed us. There is too much argument and discussion and not enough blessing.

Hello there, 'Pearl',

I love your user name, for I think of 'the pearl of great price,' of Matthew 13:46. You are obviously a pearl of great price to God the Father, in Christ Jesus your Lord.

As a seventy year old, I have a long retrospective view, having known the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour since I was twelve years old; and it is filled with the Lord's faithfulness and keeping power. He knows what I have need of before I ask, and though the words may never leave my lips, He answers. He has mercifully dealt with me, and protected me, in ways that because of their nature are too personal to recall. He has brought light into my darkness, and separated me unto Himself. He has taught me, and provided fellowship, so that though not a member of a Christian community, I have never been entirely without the comfort of someone with whom to share and be mutually edified by.

For the last few months He has been impressing on me the importance of His word, and of the wonder of the entrance of it, which brings His light into our lives, and illumines every part of it. It enters by 'hearing': and when it is believed, it takes root, and faith grows. This process is repeated every time we 'hear' and believe the word of God, so that we become strong in faith; and as each one of us allows His word to 'dwell in us richly', we are able to edify and encourage one another in the love of God, in Christ Jesus; and offer praise, which glorifies Him.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you, Pearl,
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there, 'Pearl',

I love your user name, for I think of 'the pearl of great price,' of Matthew 13:46. You are obviously a pearl of great price to God the Father, in Christ Jesus your Lord.

As a seventy year old, I have a long retrospective view, having known the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour since I was twelve years old; and it is filled with the Lord's faithfulness and keeping power. He knows what I have need of before I ask, and though the words may never leave my lips, He answers. He has mercifully dealt with me, and protected me, in ways that because of their nature are too personal to recall. He has brought light into my darkness, and separated me unto Himself. He has taught me, and provided fellowship, so that though not a member of a Christian community, I have never been entirely without the comfort of someone with whom to share and be mutually edified by.

For the last few months He has been impressing on me the importance of His word, and of the wonder of the entrance of it, which brings His light into our lives, and illumines every part of it. It enters by 'hearing': and when it is believed, it takes root, and faith grows. This process is repeated every time we 'hear' and believe the word of God, so that we become strong in faith; and as each one of us allows His word to 'dwell in us richly', we are able to edify and encourage one another in the love of God, in Christ Jesus; and offer praise, which glorifies Him.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you, Pearl,
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Hi Charity, Thank you. But my chosen name is more to with the fulfilment of a personal prophecy than the pearl of great price quote. I have always believed in God and 'went forward' at a children's evangelistic meeting when I was 10 or 11. Neither of my parents showed any interest and so I wasn't nurtured and it was 25 years later that that seed resulted in my being born again. Like you Charity, I don't currently belong to a church group but am finding myself closer to God than I have felt for a long time.

D

Dave L

One outstanding miracle of God's providence happened to me shorty after being married in the early 70s. I faced 5 years in prison having committed myself to not participating in the Vietnam war. As I mention earlier, I was a local hooligan and did not stand a chance of obtaining Conscientious Objector status, had it not been that my school records were destroyed. But The situation was looming when Jesus saved me and I wasn't too well known around town as a Christian at that time. I had no solid history of peace church affiliation.

But I registered as a Conscientious Objector thinking that if I end up in prison, at least I won't kick myself for not trying. Enter the Mennonites; They provided me with free lawyers, over the phone coaching, and walked me through every step of the legal maze confronting me.

After a grueling series of draft board contacts and interrogation, one day coming home from college I found my wife sitting in the car, holding a letter crying. I got in and saw her tears were tears of joy. I had received full civilian status with zero military involvement as a conscientious objector. We ended up in social work for a couple of years.

My elderly family disowned me, and things were sketchy making amends for some time. But they all had plenty of crow to eat as the truth slowly unfolded about my stance as opposed to theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helen and charity

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is he doing in your life? How has he blessed you recently? How is he guiding you? How has he answered prayer?

Doing in my life?

BACKGROUND..
Years ago, I Invited Him INTO my Life.
I was content, and Went on about my life, raising kids, paying bills, acquiring wants and needs....
Then one day, I had an issue with someone I Trusted, who Betrayed me.

Humm...Forgiveness? I didn't want to forgive.

It was then I decided to delve into the Scriptures with a mission on examining a couple of things.
1) No doubt I was pleased to have INVITED the Lord INTO MY LIFE....but REALIZED I hadn't put much emphasis on BEING IN the Lords Life...and thus set my focus on remedying that.

2) Gods PRECEPTS, which is Specific to Behavior "BETWEEN" mankind and mankind.
There ^^ is where the MAJORITY of stress, anger, distrust, deception, betrayal, etc.
will be realized.
....People;
Making promises they will not keep
Agreeing to buy what they can not pay for
Trusting an other that is Untrustworthy
Making Contracts they can not honor.

Just about EVERYTHING the WORLD "PROMOTES" in regard to behavior BETWEEN men, CAUSES Conflict...

Borrow, Borrow, Borrow...establish credit, establish debt, sign here, agree, agree, blah, blah.

Tolerate, Tolerate, Tolerate...
Don't Discriminate...
Deception, Deception, Deception...

Blah, blah, blah....

And FOR example:
The Word of God, SHOWED me a PATH...
TO Avoid Debt.
TO Not Tolerate.
TO BE Discriminatory.
TO IGNORE, what People HAVE.
TO Notice WHO people Follow.

And FOR example:
I have not had DEBT for Years.
I do not YOKE myself with things I do not Tolerate.
I exercise Discrimination in favoring ONE thing and NOT another thing.
I do not consider a potential friendship based on looks, their wealth, their home, their car, certificates they have, etc. etc.
I Listen to what Individuals Advocate.

How has the Lord Blessed me?
1) When I ASK Him, the answer APPEARS, and I give the Thankfulness to Him.
2) When I have a NEED, the need becomes fulfilled and I give the Thankfulness to Him.

Praise and Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: charity and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Doing in my life?

BACKGROUND..
I was content, and Went on about my life, raising kids, paying bills, acquiring wants and needs....

It was then I decided to delve into the Scriptures with a mission on examining a couple of things.
1) No doubt I was pleased to have INVITED the Lord INTO MY LIFE....but REALIZED I hadn't put much emphasis on BEING IN the Lords Life...and thus set my focus on remedying that.

There ^^ is where the MAJORITY of stress, anger, distrust, deception, betrayal, etc.
will be realized.
....People;

Just about EVERYTHING the WORLD "PROMOTES" in regard to behavior BETWEEN men, CAUSES Conflict...

Borrow, Borrow, Borrow...establish credit, establish debt, sign here, agree, agree, blah, blah.

Don't Discriminate...

Blah, blah, blah....

And FOR example:
TO Avoid Debt.
TO Not Tolerate.
TO BE Discriminatory.

And FOR example:
I do not consider a potential friendship based on looks, their wealth, their home, their car, certificates they have, etc. etc.

2) When I have a NEED, the need becomes fulfilled and I give the Thankfulness to Him.

Praise and Glory to God,
Taken
Praise God indeed.

D

Dave L

Doing in my life?

BACKGROUND..

will be realized.
....People;

Don't Discriminate...

Blah, blah, blah....

And FOR example:
TO Avoid Debt.
TO Not Tolerate.
TO BE Discriminatory.

And FOR example:

Praise and Glory to God,
Taken
It's hard to buy anything online without a credit card (safest) or a debit card (not safe). So I think it's good to strive for excellent credit which comes from being able to control your spending.

Reactions: Helen and charity
D

Dave L

What is God doing right now? My experience shows it is often some time later when you look back and see how everything fits together, that you see God's providential hand in your life. After time you know it's there before you see the outcome.

Reactions: charity

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
PS: @Pearl, like, do you wear pearls?

My wife and I visited a gift shop in Vermont some while ago where they had made smooth pebbles into jewelry also, as I recall.
No I don't really like pearls but I bought myself a pair of dangly silver earrings with freshwater pearls in January to wear at my husband birthday dinner. My favourite is silver. I also like the sea glass jewellery but don't have any. I recently bought a tiny pink apple carved from rose quartz. It's not jewellery but it now sits on my shelf. What does your wife like?

Reactions: farouk