What is God doing in your life right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They sound nice. I have bought my wife pearl-type drop pendant earrings, and she has worn them, though not much.

I do think ladies need to have earrings, even if they choose not to wear them much.

Staple gifts for ladies: flowers, chocolates and earrings. These seldom go wrong as gifts, right?
You're so right farouk. :)

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think God's blessings are not of the nature of a sugar daddy. The blessings I count are those of peace and the unwillingness to sin. These blessings come at a price which amount to a constant vigilance/resistance and an ongoing conscious communication of help and gratitude. A small price to pay when I consider the lack of rest and the constant search for self gratification that results in finding pleasure in sin.

All the addictions which humanity marinates in are no more than attempts to feel better than they feel. The spiral is self perpetuating downwards and has a flavour for every taste even the religious, nay, particularly the religious. To know and to live outside of this spiral sets me at odds with this system, for that's what it is, a system. I can say, 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thy rod and thy staff comfort me'
God is my Daddy, my Pappa, my Abba, my Father so I come to him as a beloved daughter, and feel welcome and able to ask him for what I need just as a beloved child should be able to ask her earthly father. He is not an absent or distant stern and strict figure in my life but a loving and caring Daddy who is always there. It's sad when people don't get that.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Probably worthwhile going for the holes being put in (whether or not rings will always be worn or not).
When I was forty my husband paid for me to have my ears pierced but he doesn't often buy me jewellery.

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think God's blessings are not of the nature of a sugar daddy. The blessings I count are those of peace and the unwillingness to sin. These blessings come at a price which amount to a constant vigilance/resistance and an ongoing conscious communication of help and gratitude. A small price to pay when I consider the lack of rest and the constant search for self gratification that results in finding pleasure in sin.

All the addictions which humanity marinates in are no more than attempts to feel better than they feel. The spiral is self perpetuating downwards and has a flavour for every taste even the religious, nay, particularly the religious. To know and to live outside of this spiral sets me at odds with this system, for that's what it is, a system. I can say, 'though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, thy rod and thy staff comfort me'
In Luke 12:22-34 Jesus talks about some of the major things we worry about; food, clothing, shelter. He tells us not to worry about such things because we have a loving Father who has promised to provide for us. Jesus uses illustrations of the birds of the air and the lilies in the field to get His point across, that God provides for all that He created. Our Father in heaven knows what we need and He will be faithful to provide because that is what good fathers do for their kids.

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

I want to thank the Lord for watching over us yesterday. We were about 10 miles away in driving rain and wind when most of the serpentine belt on our car shredded and wrapped around the fan. Originally about 2" wide, it was now about 1/2" with about 150 lbs of tension on it. We were in a remote area but decided to try for home on "a wing and a prayer". All worked out well and I installed a new belt in under an hour for about $30.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy
D

Dave L

Organ Technician/Exorcist;

This is kinda funny but really happened. A woman had a Hammond organ that would begin making what she called "demonic sounds". Writhing and hissing and guttural moaning while she played. After failed attempts of technicians to find the problem she dragged the organ into her back yard and lit it on fire.

Then another similar occurrence happened in a nearby state. The organ moaned and hissed to the owner's dismay. They brought the organ in to a local service shop where I worked part time. And the factory service technicians came in from Chicago to have a go at it. They found nothing wrong but replaced every circuit board just in case. Days later just before returning it to the customer it began moaning and writhing in demonic guttural fashion.

Not having any formal training, I prayed asking the Lord to resolve the problem. Through his providence I took a hand held hair dryer and held it to different areas of the only unit they did not change, the power supply. And behold, after awhile focusing the stream of hot air on a certain area, the moaning and hissing began. After cooling it stopped. I found it was a corroded ground connection on the power supply that made it sound possessed! I cleaned the ground connection, tested it again and again, and delivered it back to a very pleased customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In Luke 12:22-34 Jesus talks about some of the major things we worry about; food, clothing, shelter. He tells us not to worry about such things because we have a loving Father who has promised to provide for us. Jesus uses illustrations of the birds of the air and the lilies in the field to get His point across, that God provides for all that He created. Our Father in heaven knows what we need and He will be faithful to provide because that is what good fathers do for their kids.
We need to keep looking up; while the Himself Lord provides...

Reactions: Pearl
D

Dave L

The trip to the Dentist;

After pulling into my dentist's parking lot, little did I know it would be the last time my brakes would work. A had my usual dental check-up and returned to the car to find when I applied the brakes to start the engine, the brake pedal went clear to the floor. Had I not stopped at the dentist using up my last good braking in the safety of his parking lot, I could have ran people over, hit the back of another car, crashed into a train or anything that called for that next braking of my car. The Lord orders our steps and this was certainly an ordering of my steps in his mercy.

Reactions: farouk and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We need to keep looking up; while the Himself Lord provides...

Hi there.
I am curious.
I have just read through this whole thread ( only just found it)

I notice, out of all the people who posted , you are the only one who has posted about five post and not once answered the Opening Post or subject line!!

Obviously God is doing nothing in your life, neither has He done anything in your life!! You just post a scripture verse or a one liner...
...download.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The trip to the Dentist;

After pulling into my dentist's parking lot, little did I know it would be the last time my brakes would work. A had my usual dental check-up and returned to the car to find when I applied the brakes to start the engine, the brake pedal went clear to the floor. Had I not stopped at the dentist using up my last good braking in the safety of his parking lot, I could have ran people over, hit the back of another car, crashed into a train or anything that called for that next braking of my car. The Lord orders our steps and this was certainly an ordering of my steps in his mercy.

Wow! Another great testimony to God's keeping power!
It mentions in the word about guardian angels of children beholding to face of God. It would seem that an angel sticks with us through life too. You, and many others , were 'kept' in that instance!! Amen!

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

Wow! Another great testimony to God's keeping power!
It mentions in the word about guardian angels of children beholding to face of God. It would seem that an angel sticks with us through life too. You, and many others , were 'kept' in that instance!! Amen!
My wife also speaks of this. One day while walking near a busy intersection, something invisible held her back by her shoulders so she could not step forward. Just then a speeding car ran the red light and would have hit her otherwise. We believe it was her guardian angel.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Pearl I have only just found this thread!! :) So late to this party.

I have just read it through from post #1 and what an uplift and blessing to read it. Good thread.

....for myself as I age, I am finding the goodness of God every place I turn.
Because I am not so much 'out there' now or as interactive as I once was,
the daily , weekly , miracles of God are less dramatic and exciting as they used to be.

One thing never ever changes...since the 60's I have found the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Amazing every time.
So, even today, I still see God as the Faithful One who hears and answers 'the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous men...' God's Spirit and anointing are a constant.

Well I can easily see God in action in His peoples lives daily...I am feeling more and more that God is withdrawing from the world itself right now.
I believe He is allowing 'The cup to be full'...before He makes that great step forward and says " Ready or not, Here I Am!" :)

So, what do I feel that God is doing in my life right now?
The only word which comes to mind is " Refining".
( there is much dross to be scooped off the top)

Bless you...H

Reactions: Pearl and Dave L

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is teaching me how to eat locusts and wild honey, takes some adjustment to get used to the diet though lol

Sounds much like the Refiners fire for you too Mark.
On a 'diet' such as that ( Manna) your ear will be open to hear the still small voice. :)

Reactions: Dave L and bbyrd009

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl I have only just found this thread!! :) So late to this party.

I have just read it through from post #1 and what an uplift and blessing to read it. Good thread.

....for myself as I age, I am finding the goodness of God every place I turn.
Because I am not so much 'out there' now or as interactive as I once was,
the daily , weekly , miracles of God are less dramatic and exciting as they used to be.

One thing never ever changes...since the 60's I have found the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Amazing every time.
So, even today, I still see God as the Faithful One who hears and answers 'the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous men...' God's Spirit and anointing are a constant.

Well I can easily see God in action in His peoples lives daily...I am feeling more and more that God is withdrawing from the world itself right now.
I believe He is allowing 'The cup to be full'...before He makes that great step forward and says " Ready or not, Here I Am!" :)

So, what do I feel that God is doing in my life right now?
The only word which comes to mind is " Refining".
( there is much dross to be scooped off the top)

Bless you...H
Good post. he is always doing something in our lives even if it is something we can't yet see. Like you I'm not as active or interactive as I once was and sometimes I worry about that. But then again I pray about it and nothing changes so I guess he hears but is telling me it's ok.