What is growing into Jesus image?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I asked this in another thread and it was ignored.
So what is it in your opinion. I would hope that all my normal followers will have a go at this so we can continue in the same vain. Its just that we have so mkany teachers here. That I am really looking forward to this being explianed here with scripture of coarse so we can all grow together.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there a lot of teachers here? Hopefully, they are anointed by God and then always pay attention to what He is speaking to their hearts so that when they open their mouths, it is His Word that comes forth as was the case with Jesus. Of course, everyone who believes, even those who are often teachers are also learners and followers, are to be led by and following the Holy Spirit. But, still it is that most of us [or even all of us] are seeing through a glass darkly. Growth is to be found [or should be found] in our vision [toward the "face to face"] and in our "hearing". Jesus said,

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

Are we not His sheep? If we are then do we not recognize His voice while not understanding [hearing] the voice of the very worldly? Are not both of those things progressive?

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's what separates us from all other religions all over the world, a spiritual rebirth and you desire what your new Father desires and He transforms you into the image of His Son. When you know who you are in Christ, it's effortless but if you don't know, you will work at it and fail.

"What must I do?" asked the rich young ruler. It's not about what you do, it's about who He is, Romans 7:25. So, how do we get to be more like Jesus? Old things pass away and all things become new, be transformed, 2 Corinthians 5:17. How? By the renewing of your mind, Romans 12:2. What does God think of me? Philippians 2.

Reactions: Pisteuo