What is Heresy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Sounds like ex post facto law.

Ex post facto law
An ex post facto law is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed, before the enactment of the law.

Yes, but that doesn’t matter to zealots.

Here’s another silly one. A member of the Board recently, in all seriousness, demanded - not once, but twice - that I report him to Admin for knowingly and willfully violating the new policy … which either isn’t enforced or is inconsistently (selectively?) enforced. Why bother? Doing so would be silly in this environment.

Reporting him and then being banned for reporting him would be down right hilarious!

He labors under the (false) impression that I want to get rid of him. That too is silly.

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen and Mr E

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a *best before* date on these threads? Do topics ever go "out of discussion"?
This is a great thread topic even if the original is 10 years old...
Newer members have not participated and therefore it is still a worthy subject....NO?
Hello Aunty Jane,
Lot's of old threads get resurrected, so to speak, lol. I love to see some of them brought up again. Some members don't really look at the date when making threads and when the question comes up "Is this subject already being discussed" they will choose it. Also, some wonder why their posts to the OP are not being commented on as many are past members. They figure it out eventually, lol.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but that doesn’t matter to zealots.

Here’s another silly one. A member of the Board recently, in all seriousness, demanded - not once, but twice - that I report him to Admin for knowingly and willfully violating the new policy … which either isn’t enforced or is inconsistently (selectively?) enforced. Why bother? Doing so would be silly in this environment.

Reporting him and then being banned for reporting him would be down right hilarious!

He labors under the (false) impression that I want to get rid of him. That too is silly.

I can do you one better than that. Try starting your own board at your own expense only to get banned from it by the person you gifted it to. :tearsofjoy: The silly meter exploded.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't lock this thread...
It's getting to be so good. - LOL
Staying on topic is WAY overrated.
FUN is always more fun! (redundancy noted)

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've previously provided you with a mountain of scriptures and you reject them all.

When Patrick? Point to a post of yours that interprets the scriptures correctly with respect to your claim that "Everybody goes to heaven."

Jesus pointed out to the crowds around Him that people who were standing near Him, that would not die the second death until He returns. Our present translations confuse the context of passages like this because they only speak of peoples' "death," whereas the original text was referring to a person's second death.

In Exodus 20:4-6 it reads,

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve/worship them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Patrick, please note that God shows mercy to those who love Him, but not to those who "hate" Him even though His desire is for everybody to "Live forever."

It is our choices that determine whether or not we go to the Lake of Fire after the GWTRJ, and as Jesus taught, we cannot change our choices that we make while we draw breath after we physically die or stop breathing.

Your arguments are all false and not based on scripture.

Have a good day now Patrick, as it is your choices that determine if you will.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Patrick? Point to a post of yours that interprets the scriptures correctly with respect to your claim that "Everybody goes to heaven."
Ignore him @Patrick1966
He's asking you to do a lot of work digging up posts to prove a point you probably never made only to be shot down with his caveat.
"... that interprets the scriptures correctly..." He'll simply disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ignore him @Patrick1966
He's asking you to do a lot of work digging up posts to prove a point you probably never made only to be shot down with his caveat.
"... that interprets the scriptures correctly..." He'll simply disagree.

Perhaps the members on this forum should apply the same reasoning as you have counselled Patrick and simply just ignore your posts as well because you will disagree with what we all may post.

At some point God's truth on the matter will shine through, by whoever has the ear to correctly hears and the eyes to correctly see. T the moment the universalists on this forum certainly do not have the complete truth in their theology.