What is impossible for God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must follow what is in your heart. Is it from God? That is between you and Him. God has not told me anything about what you believe. I know what I believe. You insist on calling it knowledge/truth/fact, but remember there are people, believers, as well as unbelievers, who do not see what you do.

Our vision, I believe, comes from God, but until we see it all clearly it is a mixed blurry or as through a glass darkly kind of vision. containing things not from the right hand of God. The "face to face" is how we really want it be. Too much inflexibility, as I understand it, will put a roadblock in front of God Himself for us.

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov. 29:18
Then anyone who doesn’t agree is heterodox. It’s as simple as that . There is no salvation in any other god except the biblical God who is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then anyone who doesn’t agree is heterodox. It’s as simple as that . There is no salvation in any other god except the biblical God who is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
I do believe in the Father. I do believe in the Son. I do believe in the Holy Spirit. I simply cannot embrace the conclusions most Trinitarians have drawn...

If I cannot even conclude what you do are you then saying that I should take hold of your faith and/or your knowledge or else be lost?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then anyone who doesn’t agree is heterodox. It’s as simple as that .
I do believe in the Father. I do believe in the Son. I do believe in the Holy Spirit. I simply cannot embrace the conclusions most Trinitarians have drawn...

If I cannot even conclude what you do are you then then are you saying that I should take hold of your faith and/or your knowledge or else be lost?
only if you deny the One God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No worries but if you ask a question I’ll give you my honest biblical answer. BTW I’ve been debating non trinitarians for the past 40 years.
Most of my debating over the years would have been from the Oneness side. Now I often avoid more than superficial involvement in the open debates on this subject because there is nothing new under the sun. No one ever says anything I have not heard or read many times before from both directions. I will answer direct questions, but mostly I find such discussion/debates an unedifying waste of the time of the participants. Some readers may receive something, but...?

Before I met the Oneness Jesus Only [not Unitarians] people I had never read a Bible before. They impressed on me the importance of reading the Bible and I can never downplay the positive affect of that on my life.

After 11 years and membership in three different Oneness Jesus Only groups I finally left them in 1987 when I moved from Wyoming to Oklahoma. For me the position of Trinitarians who press too hard is worse. My own beliefs are closer to a duality than to either Oneness or Trinitarian but I do not strongly support that either. Usually I do not see the subject as being critical to a person's love for God and thereby his salvation. There are more important things...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you remember what I wrote on here some time ago about the white blood and the red blood? It was originally started or amplified in a discussion between me and Guiliano. I will look for it...as it may pertain to your question here.

I remember it. It has been a while but I did follow and read the discussion.

Reactions: amadeus

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What was the difference between Jesus walking here as a man of flesh and the first Adam before he disobeyed God?

Adam was tempted and succumbed to it sinning.

Jesus was tempted but never yielded to the temptations. Could he have? I do really believe so. Adam was clean and Jesus was clean at their beginning of their respective times as men of flesh. Adam dirtied himself. Jesus overcame the desires to dirty himself. The last battle against the temptations in his flesh were, as I see it, won in the Garden of Gethsemane, here:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

After that he still needed to go to the cross and die, but his own flesh and the ways of his flesh had been completely defeated. No more temptations for Jesus! He had overcome the world of temptation in the son of man, Jesus.

First see the confirmation by Jesus here:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Jesus did not overcome planet Earth nor did he overcome the worlds for each of us, but he was readying himself in order to open up the Way and to provide access to the power that each us could do what he did.

And then the clarification here:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world,..." John 17:11

Jesus was still on planet Earth and still had to go to the cross to die, but he was no longer in the world of those temptations, which when followed lead people to sin. John describes them here:

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." I John 2:16-17

For Jesus the "world" of temptations was gone. We, however, as per John 17:11 are, each one us, still in our own little world of temptations until and if we have by the power of the Holy Spirit in us overcome as Jesus did! Who at this moment is like with Jesus no longer in that "world"?

Is it impossible for the Holy Spirit in us to overcome that world before the dirt is thrown over our faces? Jesus did it before he died physically. What kind of a limit should we put on the power of God?
Well said my elder bro:)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What is impossible for God"
It's impossible for God to lie.

Hebrews 6:17-18 (NKJV)
17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said my elder bro:)
The difference is as Paul said. The first Adam was a living soul. The second Adam was a quickening spirit. And as by the the first Adam sin entered the world and all men came under sin. The second Adam all those who have trust in him become righteous.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember it. It has been a while but I did follow and read the discussion.
There is more than one discussion on this topic but here is one with ByGrace [now Helen] which mentions difference between the white and red blood:

ByGrace" said:

Our friend @amadeus would give you an amen there....he and I have talked this over before....where I say blood, he says spirit...or even Spirit...as you say..
Again, for me, no beach to die on....

Amadeus said: Yes, that is where I am on it. The Spirit is the Blood of Jesus. In the OT especially in the Book of Leviticus it is made clear that life is in the blood, but that is speaking of carnal animals [and people] having physical life. It was a type or shadow of the real Life which was given up in Eden, but brought back by Jesus. Jesus came as a physical man with physical blood and he shed that blood, but he also shed something that no physical man had, the Spirit. Men had spirit, but it was corrupted with no real Life in it. Men with only the red blood of the body were effectively dead. Jesus came to change that. He did not do it with by sharing with us the red blood of his also corruptible [corruptible, but NOT corrupted] body of flesh. The real Life lost in the Garden was and is the Spirit.

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
Revelation 7:14,

So the Blood of the Lamb makes no one red, but rather White.
Consider Esau [rough] who was called Edom [red] because he ate of the red pottage made by Jacob in exchange for his birthright.
Did not Jesus bring us something better than red pottage? How about robes made white by his Blood? How does this relate to this verse [sorry for the quotations @Miss Hepburn ]

"But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion." Joel 3:20-21

In the natural we might believe that this was a sorting out of the mixed bloodlines of the natural Israelites [see Ezra 9:2-3 where Ezra was so upset he pulled out his own beard.] This may be right, but could this not also be simply a type or shadow of the double mindedness of Christian believers? What is Zion? One Hebrew derivation of the word means "dry or barren land". That is what every one of us were before we received Life from Jesus. Spiritually, we effectively had no Blood [Spirit] in us. We were dead. Jesus said, "Let the dead bury their dead" [Matt 8:22]. Apostle Paul writes

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

Just think of all the wonderful old hymns that would then be obsolete...
C:\Users\JOHNHE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\133063bd.tmp\img22712.PNG

If the "blood of Jesus " makes demons tremble I will stick with the old AKJV.
It has served me well and lasted me 50+ years...

@Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn said: What churches talk about ''being washed in the blood"...Baptists? I dunno.

This one is a very old song, which I learned in the assembly [UPC] where I received the gift of the Holy Ghost in 1976. It was written much earlier than that long before there was a UPC, Elisha A. Hoffman, pub.1878

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 4:10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground

reading your post again today. Never considered “the voice of thy brother’s blood cries unto me from the ground” with Galatians 4:4-6 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, [5] To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. [6] And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

what voice sent into hearts, heart often referred to as the ground ...does the Spirit of His Son cry, crying out unto the Father from that weak ground(the heart), crying Abba, Father.

And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

Similar to ‘Thy brothers blood crieth unto me from the ground.’ But Greater Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1 John 5:8-9 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. [9] If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is more than one discussion on this topic but here is one with ByGrace [now Helen] which mentions difference between the white and red blood:

ByGrace" said:

Our friend @amadeus would give you an amen there....he and I have talked this over before....where I say blood, he says spirit...or even Spirit...as you say..
Again, for me, no beach to die on....

Amadeus said: Yes, that is where I am on it. The Spirit is the Blood of Jesus. In the OT especially in the Book of Leviticus it is made clear that life is in the blood, but that is speaking of carnal animals [and people] having physical life. It was a type or shadow of the real Life which was given up in Eden, but brought back by Jesus. Jesus came as a physical man with physical blood and he shed that blood, but he also shed something that no physical man had, the Spirit. Men had spirit, but it was corrupted with no real Life in it. Men with only the red blood of the body were effectively dead. Jesus came to change that. He did not do it with by sharing with us the red blood of his also corruptible [corruptible, but NOT corrupted] body of flesh. The real Life lost in the Garden was and is the Spirit.

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
Revelation 7:14,

So the Blood of the Lamb makes no one red, but rather White.
Consider Esau [rough] who was called Edom [red] because he ate of the red pottage made by Jacob in exchange for his birthright.
Did not Jesus bring us something better than red pottage? How about robes made white by his Blood? How does this relate to this verse [sorry for the quotations @Miss Hepburn ]

"But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion." Joel 3:20-21

In the natural we might believe that this was a sorting out of the mixed bloodlines of the natural Israelites [see Ezra 9:2-3 where Ezra was so upset he pulled out his own beard.] This may be right, but could this not also be simply a type or shadow of the double mindedness of Christian believers? What is Zion? One Hebrew derivation of the word means "dry or barren land". That is what every one of us were before we received Life from Jesus. Spiritually, we effectively had no Blood [Spirit] in us. We were dead. Jesus said, "Let the dead bury their dead" [Matt 8:22]. Apostle Paul writes

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

Just think of all the wonderful old hymns that would then be obsolete...
C:\Users\JOHNHE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\133063bd.tmp\img22712.PNG

If the "blood of Jesus " makes demons tremble I will stick with the old AKJV.
It has served me well and lasted me 50+ years...

@Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn said: What churches talk about ''being washed in the blood"...Baptists? I dunno.

This one is a very old song, which I learned in the assembly [UPC] where I received the gift of the Holy Ghost in 1976. It was written much earlier than that long before there was a UPC, Elisha A. Hoffman, pub.1878
Perhaps if I may be so bold as to suggest that without the shedding of life... Body soul and Spirit... There is no remission. The Son of God did really and truly die. The second death.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally untrue! The Bible has many examples of God lying starting with Adam and Eve, Pharaoh and even ordering others to lie. 1 Kings 22:21-22. When God 'hardened' Pharaoh's heart, it meant he deceived Pharaoh from his own good judgement.

Deception is a vital part of warfare and make no mistake. God is at war with sin and evil. They don't call God, THE LORD OF HEAVEN'S ARMIES, for nothing.
I'm glad I won't have to stand before God on Judgment Day after calling Him a liar!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Totally untrue! The Bible has many examples of God lying starting with Adam and Eve, Pharaoh and even ordering others to lie. 1 Kings 22:21-22. When God 'hardened' Pharaoh's heart, it meant he deceived Pharaoh from his own good judgement.

Deception is a vital part of warfare and make no mistake. God is at war with sin and evil. They don't call God, THE LORD OF HEAVEN'S ARMIES, for nothing.
It is true that God, and us, are in a warfare. But we are not to use the enemies methods, and neither does God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God 'hardened' Pharaoh's heart, it meant he deceived Pharaoh from his own good judgement.
Or He confirmed Pharaoh in his chosen position. I think that was like what 2 Thessalonians 2 talks about, that in those who refused to receive the love for the truth that they would be saved, God will send them a stong delusion that they will believe the lie, and be condemned.

Or like in John 8, I think, where he first wrote, they did not believe (the Pharisees), and later wrote, so they could not believe. Romans 1 talks about those whom God has given over to their sin as judgment.

I think in each of these cases, what is happening is the same. God is confirming someone in their chosen position, and this means they've run out of chances.

Much love!