What is love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't act like you really care, really you can't when your belief must be put first.
I really do care but I'm so sorry you feel like that. I hope that one day you too will believe in the love of Jesus. Nobody is too far gone that Jesus can't love them and all it takes is your admission that you need Him and call out to Him. No religion just you and Jesus. And forgiveness of your sins and the assurance of a place in heaven. Who wouldn't want to share such wonderful news.

Luke 6:35-36
Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I had to let go of my belief in Jesus because it tormented me to believe that my daughter could end up in hell. I didn't really have a choice, I really didn't. Yet giving up on my faith was considered as a unwise and unloving act towards God. Strange, no?

You placed your daughter before Jesus.

”Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

(Matthew 10:37)

You made your choice. You really did.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You placed your daughter before Jesus.

”Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

(Matthew 10:37)

You made your choice. You really did.
Yes true.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I really do care but I'm so sorry you feel like that. I hope that one day you too will believe in the love of Jesus. Nobody is too far gone that Jesus can't love them and all it takes is your admission that you need Him and call out to Him. No religion just you and Jesus. And forgiveness of your sins and the assurance of a place in heaven. Who wouldn't want to share such wonderful news.

Luke 6:35-36

Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Believing in what you just detailed there causes more suffering, not less. Because some people who believe the very same thing from another faith than yours are going to want to share their wonderful news, and that never ends well.

Ever.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Believing in what you just detailed there causes more suffering, not less. Because some people who believe the very same thing from another faith than yours are going to want to share their wonderful news, and that never ends well.

Ever.
Okay, so you don't want anything to do with Jesus. But when you stand in front of him you will not be able to say nobody told you and you will be held to account for that decision and not allowed in. Instead you will have to go to the other place that you so fear. With Jesus in your life there is no fear of hell.

Just wondering why you have joined a Christian site if your mind is already made up that it's all a sham.

I really do hope that you will have a rethink, maybe not today or this week but at sometime in the future you will see your need of our Saviour Jesus.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes true.
With Jesus in your life you will have a closer and better relationship with your daughter as it will not be based on fear. If you want to save her from your worst fear then heed what I have told you instead of dismissing it.

It isn't Jesus who causes suffering in society, although religion often does by the things some branches of it preach. I won't give up on you, and even though I don't know your name I will pray for you and your daughter. God knows you name and the circumstances of your life and why you are so bitter and he invites you to come to him through Jesus - the only way; not through the church or through religion but simply through Jesus.

There must be some good Christian fellowships in Brisbane so perhaps if you have further questions you could go and talk to one of their pastors. But I would advise you to stay away from the Catholic church and other traditional churches.

I noticed in one of your posts you say you like the bible, so I encourage you read it with new eyes and ask the Holy Spirit to bring it to life for you and reveal God's love.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for your father's heart to us humans. You are completely aware of our humanity and failings but love us anyway. I pray Father for @I.O.U that you will make yourself known to them and draw them close. Bring them into your family through the love of Jesus and meet their needs in all areas of their life and let them know how much you love them.

Reactions: Brakelite

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Okay, so you don't want anything to do with Jesus. But when you stand in front of him you will not be able to say nobody told you and you will be held to account for that decision and not allowed in. Instead you will have to go to the other place that you so fear. With Jesus in your life there is no fear of hell.

Just wondering why you have joined a Christian site if your mind is already made up that it's all a sham.

I really do hope that you will have a rethink, maybe not today or this week but at sometime in the future you will see your need of our Saviour Jesus.
Unfortunately with Jesus as God it's not by my own will for me to choose to believe in him. "Less any man boast" as Paul mentioned. If the Jesus you believe is as the New Testament theology describes, then all glory for my belief and salvation in Jesus goes to Jesus. Even if you did convince me of Jesus realness as you believe, it is and always will be due to Jesus. Even if I could believe again in Jesus and convince myself somehow, then the same would apply.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I'm alone
Somewhere
All I have to do
Is think about you
Then soon enough
I can feel a warmth
A loving warmth
Until it consumes me
From head to toe
Like a thousand kisses
I figure by now
It's you
I don't know why
Or how
Or if you feel me
In reverse
But I know this
This love
Has transformed me
More than anything would
So I'm left pondering
Did the universe
Create you
To safeguard me
For some reason
I might be missing
Or is it that
I'm just missing you.

In answer to OP question, and I apologize for not scrolling the thread..

Love is willing the Good of the other.. no matter the cost..

Pax et Bonum

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I respect your choice and I also still care.

Respect and care go together. I hope you can understand that.
I think actually caring goes beyond talking into the realm of doing. Hmm, looks like my parents where right about all those talk's about actions. But actions that benefit the person you are caring for, not for ultimately caring for what you get out of it. I think I may have inadvertently fallen into hypocritical waters myself.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It seems to be that the more people mock me for my feelings for my daughter the more those feelings grow stronger. Oh it's obvious that people know about my obsession (A category they would label) But mostly the gossip and mocking is from total strangers who are effected in absolutely no way by what I feel or think. Just because some minor details have come to light along time ago, that doesn't give people a free pass to harrass me for no reason. It could only come down to what I'd say is some type of selfishness.

But what they don't actually know is that I decided to expose myself. This way I'd know how other people would treat me in all moral honesty about someone who was diagnosed with a legitimate mental health problem. It is so strange now that even though I regret that decision, it was for the best. Because it exposes their obsession with whatever they believe in, and their response was the very thing that kicked off my journey to discover the theory about believing itself.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It doesn't matter if there is a ceasefire in the middle east, or each side lay down their weapons, or hamas give up. Both sides need to lay down their beliefs first, then the healing will begin and peace will return.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel chapter 28. Example of self worship. Lucifer at one time was cherub, protection of mercy seat.
Pride filled his heart. Instead of loving God. He exalted himself above God and everyone else. He stopped loving God and self worship and gratification of himself.

Satan led a rebellion against God in first earth age, one third of God's children followed satan in rebellion.

God can't control Lucifer. God already judged satan to go into lake of fire.

Matthew chapter 18 . Humility is the key to entering kingdom of God. Pride and arrogance is of satan.
The reprobates and narcissist follow satan. They have the mentality of satan. There children of darkness.

Love is obedience to God. Its studying the bible and planting seeds for God. Pride is. I don't give damn about anyone else but me.

Humility is trying to plant seeds in minds of lost souls. Trying to convince them to avert going to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead until judgement day.

We see the distinction between love and pride.

We understand this.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Ezekiel chapter 28. Example of self worship. Lucifer at one time was cherub, protection of mercy seat.
Pride filled his heart. Instead of loving God. He exalted himself above God and everyone else. He stopped loving God and self worship and gratification of himself.

Satan led a rebellion against God in first earth age, one third of God's children followed satan in rebellion.

God can't control Lucifer. God already judged satan to go into lake of fire.

Matthew chapter 18 . Humility is the key to entering kingdom of God. Pride and arrogance is of satan.
The reprobates and narcissist follow satan. They have the mentality of satan. There children of darkness.

Love is obedience to God. Its studying the bible and planting seeds for God. Pride is. I don't give damn about anyone else but me.

Humility is trying to plant seeds in minds of lost souls. Trying to convince them to avert going to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead until judgement day.

We see the distinction between love and pride.

We understand this.
Sheol is not hell.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Since I've been back in Melbourne I am living on it's street's. Lately I have found the best place to sleep away from the public at night time is by sleeping in a cemetery. On the cement ground between some graves, and I have some very quiet sleeps. It seems sleeping in a cemetery with the dead is better than sleeping on the footpath with the living.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately with Jesus as God it's not by my own will for me to choose to believe in him. "Less any man boast" as Paul mentioned. If the Jesus you believe is as the New Testament theology describes, then all glory for my belief and salvation in Jesus goes to Jesus. Even if you did convince me of Jesus realness as you believe, it is and always will be due to Jesus. Even if I could believe again in Jesus and convince myself somehow, then the same would apply.
Absolutely. He, Jesus, did it all. The Holy Spirit revealed Jesus to me and Jesus reveal God to me as a loving Father rather than the strict finger pointer I had previously though him to be. He still does it all. Not one of us can change ourselves just as a leopard can't change its spots. But when we open our hearts and ourselves to Jesus he can and will transform us by the renewing of our minds as the scriptures tell us.

If you have, in the past, been a true, born again Christian then, in spite of your current thinking, you still are. But you are in the wilderness where it is scary and lonely.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Absolutely. He, Jesus, did it all. The Holy Spirit revealed Jesus to me and Jesus reveal God to me as a loving Father rather than the strict finger pointer I had previously though him to be. He still does it all. Not one of us can change ourselves just as a leopard can't change its spots. But when we open our hearts and ourselves to Jesus he can and will transform us by the renewing of our minds as the scriptures tell us.

If you have, in the past, been a true, born again Christian then, in spite of your current thinking, you still are. But you are in the wilderness where it is scary and lonely.
Just let me die a statistic will you. That's my destiny, to end up becoming a fraction on a pie chart. Who doesn't like pie?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just let me die a statistic will you. That's my destiny, to end up becoming a fraction on a pie chart. Who doesn't like pie?
Why would you want that when you know about Jesus? Why reject him, for yourself and your daughter? Specially as you are so concerned about where she will spend eternity.

If you don't believe why are so so worried about her eternal rest?