What is love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
When I'm alone
Somewhere
All I have to do
Is think about you
Then soon enough
I can feel a warmth
A loving warmth
Until it consumes me
From head to toe
Like a thousand kisses
I figure by now
It's you
I don't know why
Or how
Or if you feel me
In reverse
But I know this
This love
Has transformed me
More than anything would
So I'm left pondering
Did the universe
Create you
To safeguard me
For some reason
I might be missing
Or is it that
I'm just missing you.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Selfless Love *

Where is that love that once I dreamed of?
Selfless, endless, strong and true.
Love that says, I love you, dearest,
But I want you to be you.

Love that holds in time of trouble;
Love that sets the loved one free;
Love that nurtures, love that blesses;
Love that gives me back to me.

Love that captures and possess,
This sort of love I do not need;
Love that takes and is a hindrance,
This is the love that makes hearts bleed.

True love, like this, is seen but rarely;
Once I hoped it could be mine .
But as I travel through life’s journey
Perhaps this love I may still find.

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I AM is best name with mirror experience in conscience no book can record all effects have two possibility of your right and left mind send to Peniel called throne can be dealing with double minded wrestling each other is what written stories called allegories with dark sayings of parables only come alive or bewitched after you experience only seen outside called earth elements with time, then deeper inside your self called alive TEMPLE not outside built with dead materials keep bewitched mind can't only say I AM all things so average believe taught in christians only at least outside is serious emotioned good and of coarsely need evil outside prophecy with flesh knowledge in prisons of mind still looking and waiting for observations Luke and others try to take your mind inside itself called God Kingdom for yourself is blasphemy to outside followers with christian only sections allow only saved is least first path of grace race they trip themselves. Love laugh to tell these Christian people claims lack good running shoes. Neville Goddard they mock with emotional flesh still least faithfulness about I AM ALL life surrender to REAL love worried about evil NO or need good NO................

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Selfless Love *

Where is that love that once I dreamed of?
Selfless, endless, strong and true.
Love that says, I love you, dearest,
But I want you to be you.

Love that holds in time of trouble;
Love that sets the loved one free;
Love that nurtures, love that blesses;
Love that gives me back to me.

Love that captures and possess,
This sort of love I do not need;
Love that takes and is a hindrance,
This is the love that makes hearts bleed.

True love, like this, is seen but rarely;
Once I hoped it could be mine .
But as I travel through life’s journey
Perhaps this love I may still find.
I had to let go of my belief in Jesus because it tormented me to believe that my daughter could end up in hell. I didn't really have a choice, I really didn't. Yet giving up on my faith was considered as a unwise and unloving act towards God. Strange, no?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I AM is best name with mirror experience in conscience no book can record all effects have two possibility of your right and left mind send to Peniel called throne can be dealing with double minded wrestling each other is what written stories called allegories with dark sayings of parables only come alive or bewitched after you experience only seen outside called earth elements with time, then deeper inside your self called alive TEMPLE not outside built with dead materials keep bewitched mind can't only say I AM all things so average believe taught in christians only at least outside is serious emotioned good and of coarsely need evil outside prophecy with flesh knowledge in prisons of mind still looking and waiting for observations Luke and others try to take your mind inside itself called God Kingdom for yourself is blasphemy to outside followers with christian only sections allow only saved is least first path of grace race they trip themselves. Love laugh to tell these Christian people claims lack good running shoes. Neville Goddard they mock with emotional flesh still least faithfulness about I AM ALL life surrender to REAL love worried about evil NO or need good NO................
God does not need to be loved. To believe a God who is perfect love, and needs love, is essentially in lack of something.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is love?

Love is DOING what is Right, regardless of the consequences.

The consequences of DOING what is Right, may be an unpleasant experience, however DOING what is Right reflects on the individuals emotions/feelings of inner peace, which is often equated with the comfort of the feeling also expressed as Love.

Glory to God,
Taken

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What is love?

Love is DOING what is Right, regardless of the consequences.

The consequences of DOING what is Right, may be an unpleasant experience, however DOING what is Right reflects on the individuals emotions/feelings of inner peace, which is often equated with the comfort of the feeling also expressed as Love.

Glory to God,
Taken
I do not look for love anymore, because there's far to many brands to choose from. I look for passion and desire, a person who'd match me in intensity.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had to let go of my belief in Jesus because it tormented me to believe that my daughter could end up in hell. I didn't really have a choice, I really didn't. Yet giving up on my faith was considered as a unwise and unloving act towards God. Strange, no?
That is sad. Couldn't you trust God to bring your daughter to faith. I have two daughters and a son, none of them are Christians but if I let go of my belief in Jesus then it means I am letting go of my hope for them.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8) :)

• Love
Reactions: Pisteuo and Pearl

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That is sad. Couldn't you trust God to bring your daughter to faith. I have two daughters and a son, none of them are Christians but if I let go of my belief in Jesus then it means I am letting go of my hope for them.
The fact you would live in hopefulness that your children would be spared from hell shows something very wrong. I know exactly the hope situation you are describing, I know the same of old Christian friends who could only hope for there loved ones. This is not a fair hope for me to have for my daughter, because my concern for her salvation would interfere with my objectivity.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The fact you would live in hopefulness that your children would be spared from hell shows something very wrong. I know exactly the hope situation you are describing, I know the same of old Christian friends who could only hope for there loved ones. This is not a fair hope for me to have for my daughter, because my would interfere with my objectivity.
I cannot make my grown up children accept Jesus, this has to be their free choice. It is not something for me to worry about or give up my own salvation for. I trust God with the children he gave me. I do not dwell on hell. And if my children do not get saved, God promises that I will not weep in heaven.

1. Revelation 7:17
    For the Lamb at the centre of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

2. Revelation 21:4
    ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I do not know what can be 'very wrong' about hope. If you trusted God your 'concern for her salvation' would not 'interfere with my objectivity'. Please pray about it as I think it is so sad that you would give up Jesus and turn away from God for the reasons you quote. And maybe talk to another mature Christian or your church leader about it. We are told in the bible not to be anxious as that interferes with our peace of mind.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I cannot make my grown up children accept Jesus, this has to be their free choice. It is not something for me to worry about or give up my own salvation for. I trust God with the children he gave me. I do not dwell on hell. And if my children do not get saved, God promises that I will not weep in heaven.

1. Revelation 7:17
    For the Lamb at the centre of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

2. Revelation 21:4
    ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I do not know what can be 'very wrong' about hope. If you trusted God your 'concern for her salvation' would not 'interfere with my objectivity'. Please pray about it as I think it is so sad that you would give up Jesus and turn away from God for the reasons you quote. And maybe talk to another mature Christian or your church leader about it. We are told in the bible not to be anxious as that interferes with our peace of mind.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

People who will accept reality on belief alone do not understand what damage those beliefs are having on the society around them. But if anything why do you get to believe what you want and call it truth? What makes your truth so true? Because you believe in it? I know that at this junction point of our societies evolution many more are believing that revelations is unfolding before their own eye's. I know these events will bolster peoples beliefs, that it is near for the arrival of the Christ Jesus. No. It's just your beliefs working against you, and causing this planet to become a wasteland and the human race to go extinct.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know what “ True Love” is.....when I was Baptised in the Holy Spirit.

God’s Love is the most powerful Love on the planet, now, why he chose to fill me with his Love, in my spirit, only he knows, according to his purpose and plan ...

Can’t be proved. just between God and myself.....his Love never changes....Praise God for his Love!!

His Love indwells my heart/ spirit......I’m giddy in Love!!..with God.....

Psalm 86:15

But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.

Online commentary sums it up nicely.

The expression “God gave us a spirit” highlights the divine origin of the spirit of love (cf. 1 John 4:19). It emphasizes that this disposition is a gift from God, imparted through the Holy Spirit and shared with the world. Hence, this disposition is not self-generated but is a supernatural endowment made possible by the grace of God.

Paul contrasts the spirit of love with the spirit of fear. While fear hinders believers from accomplishing the will of God, the spirit of love empowers us to live courageously and “fight the good fight of faith” (1 Timothy 6:12; cf. 1 John 4:18).

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True love is the Son of God, your Creator, becoming a man, going through the same experiences, temptations, and ridicule that behalf the best and worst of us , risking His own eternal existence that you could live.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People who will accept reality on belief alone do not understand what damage those beliefs are having on the society around them. But if anything why do you get to believe what you want and call it truth? What makes your truth so true? Because you believe in it? I know that at this junction point of our societies evolution many more are believing that revelations is unfolding before their own eye's. I know these events will bolstered peoples beliefs, that it is near for the arrival of the Christ Jesus. No. It's just your beliefs working against you, and causing this planet to become a wasteland and the human race to go extinct.
Oh dear, so sad. Whoever has taught you these things is so very wrong. How old is your daughter?

“People who will accept reality on belief alone do not understand what damage those beliefs are having on the society around them.”

I accept what God says by faith. I wasn’t always a Christian even though I had always gone to church; it was by choice that I asked Jesus into my life and was born again into God’s family. True Christianity does no harm to society but enhances it. I do agree though that religion without the Holy Spirit can be damaging.

“But if anything why do you get to believe what you want and call it truth? What makes your truth so true? Because you believe in it? “

My faith/belief has come from hearing the true Gospel from true Christians. My truth, as you call it, is true because it is God’s truth, based on what the bible tells me.

It seems obvious to me that you have never truly been born again. For being born again means that God’s Holy Spirit comes to live in us and helps us live the Christian life that God wants for us. The Holy Spirit also helps us understand the scriptures and give us the knowledge of God’s amazing love for us, his mercy in forgiving our sins and the peace of mind nothing in this world can give.

Many people seem to misunderstand the nature of true Christianity and often liken it to religion. Jesus rejected religion, as do most true Christians, and instead requires a personal relationship with us.

I don’t know what your background is, where you have been taught the things that you believe, but I can honestly assure you that they were preaching a false gospel. And it would be best for you if you walked away from them and asked Jesus into your life.

Not everybody on this site is a true Christian, there are those from cults and other such organisations. But many of us are truly born again and complete strangers, worlds apart, who would tell you the same things I have.

Give it some thought my friend and allow God to transform you by the renewing of your mind. Once you have come to Jesus you will be able to give your daughter the message of Salvation and grow in Christ together.

A religion that puts fear of hell into a follower is very damaging if it does not also preach God's great love for us and his grace and mercy in being ready to forgive us. As I said, religion, whatever it is, doesn't hack it - only a close personal relationship with Jesus will bring peace and joy into your life.

Reactions: Brakelite

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
True love is the Son of God, your Creator, becoming a man, going through the same experiences, temptations, and ridicule that behalf the best and worst of us , risking His own eternal existence that you could live.
Just a belief.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Oh dear, so sad. Whoever has taught you these things is so very wrong. How old is your daughter?

“People who will accept reality on belief alone do not understand what damage those beliefs are having on the society around them.”

I accept what God says by faith. I wasn’t always a Christian even though I had always gone to church; it was by choice that I asked Jesus into my life and was born again into God’s family. True Christianity does no harm to society but enhances it. I do agree though that religion without the Holy Spirit can be damaging.

“But if anything why do you get to believe what you want and call it truth? What makes your truth so true? Because you believe in it? “

My faith/belief has come from hearing the true Gospel from true Christians. My truth, as you call it, is true because it is God’s truth, based on what the bible tells me.

It seems obvious to me that you have never truly been born again. For being born again means that God’s Holy Spirit comes to live in us and helps us live the Christian life that God wants for us. The Holy Spirit also helps us understand the scriptures and give us the knowledge of God’s amazing love for us, his mercy in forgiving our sins and the peace of mind nothing in this world can give.

Many people seem to misunderstand the nature of true Christianity and often liken it to religion. Jesus rejected religion, as do most true Christians, and instead requires a personal relationship with us.

I don’t know what your background is, where you have been taught the things that you believe, but I can honestly assure you that they were preaching a false gospel. And it would be best for you if you walked away from them and asked Jesus into your life.

Not everybody on this site is a true Christian, there are those from cults and other such organisations. But many of us are truly born again and complete strangers, worlds apart, who would tell you the same things I have.

Give it some thought my friend and allow God to transform you by the renewing of your mind. Once you have come to Jesus you will be able to give your daughter the message of Salvation and grow in Christ together.

A religion that puts fear of hell into a follower is very damaging if it does not also preach God's great love for us and his grace and mercy in being ready to forgive us. As I said, religion, whatever it is, doesn't hack it - only a close personal relationship with Jesus will bring peace and joy into your life.
Don't act like you really care, really you can't when your belief must be put first.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Tell me Christian's are your beliefs worth that much to you that what's been happening in the middle east must be something to prove your faith being true? If we didn't make belief the centre stage of our understanding do you think events like that would happen?