What is love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
God's greatest commandment is first to love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength and second to love your neighbor as yourself. So if someone doesn't accept that, God cannot be with people who are in sin without a care/evil, darkness. He gives everyone a chance to get to know Him, accept Him, follow Him and deny themselves and take up their cross daily, to make this world a better place but he gives freewill. That means that Christians, people who are in Christ can impact those that are lost and broken, separated from God, the source like the Parable of the Vine, it says He is the vine and we are the branches, that is one of the truth of the Word, it also says that the Word is living and active.
I am lost and broken because of believing, not the other way around.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why are you here? To boast or to drag people away from their own convictions?
Maybe God has placed him or her here..they are searching, that is what I see....let them be..just my opinion.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was lost and broken, as a non believer, before God drew me to Jesus.

Once I became Born Again...my whole life started to change, as the enemy had robbed me of everything....self worth..confidence...I was in the gutter....

Yet, God showed me grace and mercy.

Do you not know, that God sees everything?...

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I think your attitude towards Christianity and the God of Christianity is totally understandable. That you don't believe in a God who sends people into a place of eternal unjustified torment and suffering on account of a short lived life on earth is a logical response to an illogical concept. I don't believe in that God either, and Christians who study deeper into the Bible without preconceived ideas that are rooted in paganism and/or Catholicism, have discovered a very different God who finds no joy in suffering, takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, and as I said previously, risked His own eternal existence to make it possible for you and your daughter, and millions like you, and me, to live in joy and peace forever. The Son of God thought heaven not worth living in without you. Don't accept everything you hear about Christianity and the Bible, and allow misunderstandings to colour your decisions.
A question that should be asked about Jesus being tested is: Could he actually fail? Because God can't actually sin, so it would be impossible for him to fail under any immoral pressures. So even if the moral deck was stacked against him like no other human being he'd still pass.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was lost and broken, as a non believer, before God drew me to Jesus.

Once I became Born Again...my whole life started to change, as the enemy had robbed me of everything....self worth..confidence...I was in the gutter....

Yet, God showed me grace and mercy.

Do you not know, that God sees everything?...
I tell you that since you grew up in a world that pressured you to believe one thing or another, you would have formed many beliefs unknowingly. There your path of loss and brokenness began, and because you say you've found the right way to believe now, that just means that you've just picked a belief to side with.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tell you that since you grew up in a world that pressured you to believe one thing or another, you would have formed many beliefs unknowingly. There your path of loss and brokenness began, and because you say you've found the right way to believe now, that just means that you've just picked a belief to side with.
No love..I was birthed in the Spirit.God brought me to repentance,Godly sorrow and he even brought me to believe in his Son, not saying he believed for me, ...my life was hell on Earth..

Screwed up from parenting and the world.

Then along came God..by his supernatural power, brought my spirit Alive..by the power of his Spirit....

If you want scripture, ask and I will post...only God can testify with our spirit that we are his children....none other can...it’s a supernatural birth.

God is Alive in Spirit, he is everywhere and misses NOTHING!

My heart/ spirit, is also overflowing with God’s Love...only his Spirit which is Love, can sustain me, without the Holy Spirit..I would die....thankfully he will NEVER leave his Born Again Children.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelord's_pearl

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A question that should be asked about Jesus being tested is: Could he actually fail? Because God can't actually sin, so it would be impossible for him to fail under any immoral pressures. So even if the moral deck was stacked against him like no other human being he'd still pass.
That's a subject of debate. Could Christ have sinned? Speaking personally, I disagree with the above reasoning. I do not believe it was a question of divine power but a question of Christ’s personal choice. Adam and Eve were created perfect. In them was no propensity to sin. They did though have the freedom to choose. They could either heed the voice of God or disobey it. As we know, they chose the latter. In the incarnation, Christ was placed in the same sinless position as Adam and Eve when they were created (Christ was sinless), but His human nature, unlike Adam and Eve’s nature before the fall, was fallen human nature. This made Christ’s test far greater than Adam’s. Christ’s mission on earth was not to show that God, as God, could overcome sin, but that fallen humanity, when united with divine nature, could do so. In other words, by choosing to rely upon divine power, fallen humanity could obey God. This is what Christ proved in the incarnation. By choosing to rely upon His heavenly Father, He did, in His fallen human nature, overcome sin. As the apostle Paul said, “For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh” (Romans 8:3).

KJV Hebrews 2:16-18
16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Unless there is a possibility of yielding, temptation is no temptation. Temptation is resisted when man is powerfully influenced to do a wrong action; and, knowing that he can do it, resists, by faith, with a firm hold upon divine power. This was the ordeal through which Christ passed. He could not have been tempted in all points as man is tempted, had there been no possibility of his failing. He was a free agent, placed on probation, as was Adam, and as is every man.

KJV Hebrews 4:15
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

When we are tempted, it is with the possibility of sinning, and more than that, there's the risk of eternal loss except we repent and claim the blood of Christ as the redemption price that saved us.
If Christ had sinned, the risk was exponentially greater, because He had no-one to die on His behalf. These facts magnify the incredible love God and Christ has for man.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes God will do that to bring you close. To teach you to trust in him and to surrender to him.
If you have ever been a true born of the Spirit Christian then you have been adopted into God's family. Whatever you do you can't be unadopted (in spite of what some believe). You may turn away from Him or deny Him (just as Peter did) but he will never turn away from you if you have bee born again.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes God will do that to bring you close. To teach you to trust in him and to surrender to him.
If you have ever been a true born of the Spirit Christian then you have been adopted into God's family. Whatever you do you can't be unadopted (in spite of what some believe). You may turn away from Him or deny Him (just as Peter did) but he will never turn away from you if you have bee born again.
Amen!!..Sis.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I never felt pressured to believe one way or the other.

But because I believe, with a happiness and contentment within my very soul, and heart, why do you count it as loss and brokenness?

It is obvious you have a deep and abiding love for your daughter to the point that you wish to spend eternity
where you believe she will be.

But then you claim you dont believe, or at minimum have doubts.

I have asked you before but it has gone unanswered.... HOW OLD is your daughter? And what about her mother?

You did not create her ... a gift of God to you... by yourself.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to be that the more people mock me for my feelings for my daughter the more those feelings grow stronger. Oh it's obvious that people know about my obsession (A category they would label) But mostly the gossip and mocking is from total strangers who are effected in absolutely no way by what I feel or think. Just because some minor details have come to light along time ago, that doesn't give people a free pass to harrass me for no reason. It could only come down to what I'd say is some type of selfishness.

But what they don't actually know is that I decided to expose myself. This way I'd know how other people would treat me in all moral honesty about someone who was diagnosed with a legitimate mental health problem.
It is so strange now that even though I regret that decision, it was for the best. Because it exposes their obsession with whatever they believe in, and their response was the very thing that kicked off my journey to discover the theory about believing itself.
Okay, boys and girls.

I believe we see the answer right here.

I.O.U

Prayers for you and your daughter.

Be blessed.

Reactions: Pearl

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You know, I never felt pressured to believe one way or the other.

But because I believe, with a happiness and contentment within my very soul, and heart, why do you count it as loss and brokenness?

It is obvious you have a deep and abiding love for your daughter to the point that you wish to spend eternity
where you believe she will be.

But then you claim you dont believe, or at minimum have doubts.

I have asked you before but it has gone unanswered.... HOW OLD is your daughter? And what about her mother?

You did not create her ... a gift of God to you... by yourself.

Surrender is the optimal word to use when someone has accepted a belief as a fact.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Surrender is the optimal word to use when someone has accepted a belief as a fact.
Some simple questions @I.O.U

Why are you here?
How old is you daughter?
Who has told you she will go to hell?
Why have they told her that?

I think we need answers to these questions to see the bigger picture.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Through

Reactionary

Long time

Lurking
You don't want me to leave, no one wants me to leave because you'll have nobody to save but each other, and that never goes down well.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Some simple questions @I.O.U

Why are you here?
How old is you daughter?
Who has told you she will go to hell?
Why have they told her that?

I think we need answers to these questions to see the bigger picture.
She's old enough to have done a few softcore adult movies :)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Dear IOU,

Here:

elevation.jpg

You will find healing for your brokeness..

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Peace be with you!