What Is Marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a suggestion. ;)

Everything about you is entertaining. I'll give you that, Lol.

art-car-1000x666.jpg

Well thanks but what does the car have to do with it?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my sequel thread to "What Is Beauty?" located right here.

What Is Beauty?

Now the reason that this topic is in the debate column is because I already know that it's going to bring up a lot of controversy. Now, let me first start off by saying that when I say that I believe in sex before marriage I'm talking about the actual ceremony and wedding certificate. That means I believe that marriage comes from within and I believe that what God is really saying about we must not fornicate, is that we must not have one night stands and I do believe that is for our own good.

It could cause unwanted pregnancies and that would cause even further problems later on. So I take that to mean that we must be committed to a person that we know we're eventually going to marry anyways. Another question I want to bring up is an arranged marriage an actual marriage before God? I mean neither one of them is really in love or committed to the other one, so how can He expect them to have sexual desires for one another and not fall in love with anybody else? I guess that's more than one question but I'm just really curious about this.

Well April you have stumbled upon one of the most misunderstood topics in Christianity.
So run while you can! Run like the wind!
The thing is...you can't fix this.
The concepts of marriage...the wedding...and divorce are beliefs that have developed in Christian societies over the centuries.
These believes are not biblical and they are not historical.
But now they are set in stone, you might as well try to row up Niagara falls.
Even after they figuratively burn you at the stake, it is not going to change anything.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing, LoL!!

I'm gonna go before you lose your head, and then I lose mine.

Like my shades?

Laughing_dog_with_googles.jpg

Yeah,.. but I didn't know that you were a dog. I've heard of teaching a dog to sit and to stay but to type on a keyboard in perfect English? Now I've did done seen about everything and I've even seen an elephant fly. :cool:

Reactions: Hidden In Him

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well April you have stumbled upon one of the most misunderstood topics in Christianity.
So run while you can! Run like the wind!
The thing is...you can't fix this.
The concepts of marriage...the wedding...and divorce are beliefs that have developed in Christian societies over the centuries.
These believes are not biblical and they are not historical.
But now they are set in stone, you might as well try to row up Niagara falls.
Even after they figuratively burn you at the stake, it is not going to change anything.

What are you talking about?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then I take it that you're on the same page as us? XD

Within reason...on the same page.
This is a can of worms....the topic literally goes all directions. Books have been written on it.
It is one of the case studies I did on how traditions and cultures can overwrite truths, not only in the Bible but in history.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marriage is when a man speaks life unto a woman and she hears him...and they bear fruit!

Feb 26, 2021
Chandler
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What Is Beauty?

Now the reason that this topic is in the debate column is because I already know that it's going to bring up a lot of controversy. Now, let me first start off by saying that when I say that I believe in sex before marriage I'm talking about the actual ceremony and wedding certificate. That means I believe that marriage comes from within and I believe that what God is really saying about we must not fornicate, is that we must not have one night stands and I do believe that is for our own good.

It could cause unwanted pregnancies and that would cause even further problems later on. So I take that to mean that we must be committed to a person that we know we're eventually going to marry anyways. Another question I want to bring up is an arranged marriage an actual marriage before God? I mean neither one of them is really in love or committed to the other one, so how can He expect them to have sexual desires for one another and not fall in love with anybody else? I guess that's more than one question but I'm just really curious about this.

It could cause unwanted pregnancies and that would cause even further problems later on. So I take that to mean that we must be committed to a person that we know we're eventually going to marry anyways. Another question I want to bring up is an arranged marriage an actual marriage before God? I mean neither one of them is really in love or committed to the other one, so how can He expect them to have sexual desires for one another and not fall in love with anybody else? I guess that's more than one question but I'm just really curious about this.[/QUOTE].

The governing body of the community you live in has a right to decide who produced their citizens. Thus a marriage license. Love, as 8n the 'falling' type is traditionally an embarrassing state and had little to do with marriage until recent times. Marriage involves the entire community

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it isn't, this is. :D

I remember that one...

I wrote the following on the trolley ride to work today:

Women want life spoken to them above all else...that they may bear fruit.

I'm not sure if this is correct, for obvious reasons, but it was a thought that popped into my head...early this morning.

And I tried it out on my roommate with a qualification...

"...if she hears you...if she doesn't then she ain't ready."

Of course, to speak life, I must hear it from the Father, so I must abide in the Vine, that she may cling to me...

If I'm speaking in Spirit and in Truth and she is attuned to it...there's no reason for her not to hear...

Of course, the enemy loves to blare noise, so if she doesn't know the difference between that and Sound... she's just not ready.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Genesis 2:21-24
2:21. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. 22. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." 24. For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What Is Beauty?

@April_Rose I understand your thinking. And often we just want to use logic instead of listening and following God. But marriage is one of those things preached in the bible.

The obvious verse is this, which doesn't mention whether or not they've had sex or not in marriage, it just mentions wife and adultery:

Luke 16:18

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

And if marriage is not important, then why did Jesus put so much effort into a marriage by turning water into wine at a marriage celebration?

John 2:1-11

1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:

2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.

4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.

7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.

8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.

9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,

10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also @April_Rose this verse makes it abundantly clear that marriage is crucial to salvation of many:

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.