What is New Testament Holiness?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...in no way ensures that we will not be rejected by Christ
Romans 5:8-11 LITV
8) but God commends His love to us in this, that we being yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9) Much more then, being justified now by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath through Him.
10) For if while being enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life;
11) and not only so, but also glorying in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we now received the reconciliation.

Reconciliation to God is NOT of yourself.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom much is given, more is required.
Yes, Jesus has taken away our desire to break the Ten Commandments, and caused us to be sinless regarding sins unto death, which is why John 15:1-4 says we are clean, but we must abide in Jesus continuously to mature all the fruit of the Spirit to holiness.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whats the context of the whole letter, Paul wrote to those believing Christians?

Chapter 1 and the last chapter all need to be looked at…

Itherwise you got lost information about transformation.

Again the great and dreadful day of the Lord was coming to jerusalem; it was not meant for gentiles ; they where never Gods chosen nation…

But no i havent read in awhile nor do i believe God takes his wrath out on people today.
It's worth the read. Paul makes the point of defining God's wrath.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker

Romans 1:18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

This is just one scripture that needs to be compared to other scriptures, my friend...

There was people who were secertly trying to take peoples freedom away in Christ back in that day... did ya know that? (google that and you will find the scripture that relates).

Suppressing truth, taking people away from Christ was a thing Jewish people, or those from Gnosticism, or Sadduccess would do in that day.

(DOES A REMNANT OF THESE PATTERNS EXIST TODAY? Sure - but I dont believe there is no legitmate way to figure out who is part of the 12 Tribes of Israel today cause all that was destroyed in 70AD.)

The whole bible connects with-in itself but most people dont consider that really... nor do they take time to consider or study these things out, and that is not my fault.

And I do believe people will reap what they Sow.

God can't be mocked, you sow to the flesh - you reap from the flesh - you sow to the spirit - you reap the spiritual.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker

Romans 1:18
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

This is just one scripture that needs to be compared to other scriptures, my friend...

There was people who were secertly trying to take peoples freedom away in Christ back in that day... did ya know that? (google that and you will find the scripture that relates).

Suppressing truth, taking people away from Christ was a thing Jewish people, or those from Gnosticism, or Sadduccess would do in that day.

(DOES A REMNANT OF THESE PATTERNS EXIST TODAY? Sure - but I dont believe there is no legitmate way to figure out who is part of the 12 Tribes of Israel today cause all that was destroyed in 70AD.)

The whole bible connects with-in itself but most people dont consider that really... nor do they take time to consider or study these things out, and that is not my fault.

And I do believe people will reap what they Sow.

God can't be mocked, you sow to the flesh - you reap from the flesh - you sow to the spirit - you reap the spiritual.
you miss the point Matthew!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you miss the point Matthew!

What is the point exactly? It depends on if you are beliving that Romans is written to you anyway... it was never written to you. Nor was any of the bible - and the wrath - was a one time deal according to Jesus - that would come upon whom? That nation of Israel. If God's cup of wrath is still refilling, then yeah we all in danger. I see the cup empty now today, sir.

@quietthinker, what is it that you know about the whole subject on the wrath of God - do you subjectively believe that happens to people now today? What does God do to those people if it is still happening today? Does he drop them dead? Does he destroy them? Cause if you are gonna say I miss the point, what is your point, cornelius?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the point exactly? It depends on if you are beliving that Romans is written to you anyway... it was never written to you. Nor was any of the bible - and the wrath - was a one time deal according to Jesus - that would come upon whom? That nation of Israel. If God's cup of wrath is still refilling, then yeah we all in danger. I see the cup empty now today, sir.

@quietthinker, what is it that you know about the whole subject on the wrath of God - do you subjectively believe that happens to people now today? What does God do to those people if it is still happening today? Does he drop them dead? Does he destroy them? Cause if you are gonna say I miss the point, what is your point?
Matthew, I wish I could say this in a gentle way...all your internal chatter becomes a barrier for you asking the right questions and keeps you preoccupied with thrashing around the periphery and going down unnecessary rabbit holes.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alot of people just disregard the Revelation @quietthinker...

What a horrible book some say; a book that is not worth time even going into...

So, I can't really say much of anything other than I believe that message has been completed in the sense that Jesus came back as promised by faith. Having victory over all things, sin, death, satan, hades.

There is still faith being the first step,
and then growing and maturing in your walk with God becoming spiritually mature from a spiritual child to a spiritually grown adult.

Children tend to fight, but if you mature you dont fight as much and allow the children to play and learn and exercise.

Sometimes we might fall back into the child phase, and get back out of it.

I wish you could just be straight forward but alas I shouldn't expect anything from any human being..

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Alot of people just disregard the Revelation @quietthinker...

What a horrible book some say; a book that is not worth time even going into...

So, I can't really say much of anything other than I believe that message has been completed in the sense that Jesus came back as promised by faith. Having victory over all things, sin, death, satan, hades.

There is still faith being the first step,
and then growing and maturing in your walk with God becoming spiritually mature from a spiritual child to a spiritually grown adult.

Children tend to fight, but if you mature you dont fight as much and allow the children to play and learn and exercise.

I wish you could just be straight forward but alas I shouldn't expect anything from any human being..
Stop....and listen. Hear what is being communicated. I say this kindly.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop....and listen. Hear what is being communicated. I say this kindly.

Okay, Ill take that into consideration but it doesn't seem like you desired to validate anything I had to say anyway, so what is the point in communicating? That is what I find funny about the internet... cause sometimes people you message only read half of what you say; I am guilty of it... so it's whatever my man...

whatever you wanna say to me please go ahead, it doesn't matter in the end cause if you believe God's wrath is still going on today, cool my brother...

I love you and respect - I hope you can do the same back to me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, Ill take that into consideration but it doesn't seem like you desired to validate anything I had to say anyway, so what is the point in communicating?
If you would hear instead of running off down some rabbit hole I'd be more than happy to share with you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@quietthinker

What is the rabbit hole you continue to talk about?

I have had quite a bit of study and that probably confuses you...

is that the case? Are you confused ? Is that why you say rabbit hole?
Cause you are not being clear at all or really addressing anything being said.

Reactions: Johann and marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, Ill take that into consideration but it doesn't seem like you desired to validate anything I had to say anyway, so what is the point in communicating? That is what I find funny about the internet... cause sometimes people you message only read half of what you say; I am guilty of it... so it's whatever my man...

whatever you wanna say to me please go ahead, it doesn't matter in the end cause if you believe God's wrath is still going on today, cool my brother...

I love you and respect - I hope you can do the same back to me.
I can't help but wonder why you need what you say to be validated. Sorry for butting in. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't help but wonder why you need what you say to be validated. Sorry for butting in. :)

I never asked to be validated, and I dont believe anyone should believe me.

Everyone needs to be encouraged to challenge everything.

From the pastor at the pulpit, or the teacher in sunday school - the traditions of man, all of it needs to be challenged and tested by the aspect of the Bible itself, in conjuction with the Spirit.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world might well be indifferent to righteousness. But the church in our time is indifferent to holiness. The wrath of God is meant for those who are indifferent to Jesus Christ....both in the world and the church. Each bears a responsibility according to the level of their calling.
I'm not really into videos, but God's wrath is limited to people that wrong others.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why would your studiousness confuse someone?

If my study imparts wisdom to me, shouldn't that make me a more effective communicator?

@BarneyFife I guess in the end of it all the only one I need to fear is the LORD...

Not men.

Has anyone suggested that you should not fear the LORD (hey, I do that, too - lol) but men, instead?

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@quietthinker

What is the rabbit hole you continue to talk about?

is that the case? Are you confused ? Is that why you say rabbit hole?
Cause you are not being clear at all or really addressing anything being said.
The confusion is not mine Matthew. The topic I'm trying to address is our understanding of what God's Wrath is......and not to be condescending but I need to ask, do you understand the question?