What is "OSAS"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh...I see. Paul and James appeared to you, and they told you what they meant by those passages?
LOL! <eyeroll>

You didn't get your interpretation from anyone else?
LOL! The Word of God is what it is. Like Dave Mason sang, there's only you and me and we just disagree. :) And that's... okay. :)

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! <eyeroll>

LOL! The Word of God is what it is. Like Dave Mason sang, there's only you and me and we just disagree. :) And that's... okay. :)

Grace and peace to you.
Got it.....so Paul and James did not interpret that part of Scripture for you which means you interpreted it yourself OR you are regurgitating what your Protestant men taught you.

I stand by my statement: It appears you are referring to Ephesians 2:8-9 as your proof text to back up what your men have taught you.

Mary

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey PinSeeker,

It appears you are referring to Ephesians 2:8-9 as your proof text to back up what your men have taught you. Putting that verse in context, and if you were to continue reading OR your men continued reading, Paul is talking about boasting, circumcision and the Jewish/Gentile distinction. Paul discusses how Jew and Gentiles are united together in the body of Christ and mentions works in connection with boasting, before turning to the whole subject of circumcision and membership in Christ. The works Paul is talking about is not good deeds (feed the hungry, give to the poor, if you have 2 coats etc etc). He is talking about works of the law.

With that said, give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. Give, and it will be given to you. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Freely you have received; freely give. Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. When we see the hungry or thirsty or a stranger needing clothes or those who are sick and anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.” If we do not do these things Jesus will tell us on our final day, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

For all of us must appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each may receive recompense for what has been done in the body, whether good or evil. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

So, can you now see PinSeeker how when we take all of Scripture into consideration how our faith, without works, is a dead faith? Faith is a work because it is by faith that we do good works. If you don't do those things, you are not adhering to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles. What happens if you don't adhere to their teachings?

Keeping it real with Scripture instead of opinions.....Mary
Time for a trivia question .
And do read the charity chapter before answering it .
While i do agree that anyone who has and yet gives not , DOES NOT KNOW GOD and that what we do unto the least of these
WE DID DO UNTO CHRIST .
What IF , i did give like JESUS said . What if i did have much money
and gave to those in need , and yet I lived my life with a gay man , having intercouse and married .
DO YOU really think GOD , JESUS gonna tell me ON HIS DAY , OH you were fine cause at least you gave to those in need .
NOPE . BECAUSE I NEVER HAD CHARITY .
YOU SEE , i could give my body to even be burned or ALL MY GOODS to the poor
and yet if i had not charity , OOPS NOTHING .
CHARITY REJOICES IN SOMETHING , TRUTH , charity DOES NOT REJOICE IN or HONOR SIN .
SO i could indeed have many so called good works and yet BINGO , IF MY FAITH was not in CHRIST , NADA .
AND JESUS aint the ministir of SIN either . GOD never has and never will be the ministir of sin .
SO , the question is
DO WE REALLY KNOW CHRIST . IS IT HE we are truly following , IS IT HIS LOVE WE HAVE .
OR is it of the world . cause both can have some good works in them , YET ONLY ONE LOVE COMETH OF GOD .
IT LOVES TRUTH , NOT SIN . IT would never say things like OH if a muslim or buddist , or atheist
simply did some good works then all was well . THAT BE A LIE . FOLKS MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS TO BE SAVED , THAT BE TRUTH .
SO how come so many are now rejoicing in another love that rejoices in SIN , in inquity .
THE ANSWER , CAUSE THEY SITTING UNDER A HARLOT who desires all power and all control
and has created another version of love , anothre version of jesus . THEY GONNA BE DAMNED worse than even the ice cold .
LEST THEY REPENT . WORSE .
TIME WE GOT IN BIBLES and start learning THAT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
joy: joy: joy: joy: joy: :Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have me a bit confused PinSeeker.
Okay, well... not intentional...

Do you or do you not believe Paul was talking about works of the law and not good deed works in Ephesians 2?
Well, which law are you talking about, Mary? And if you see that as evading your question, I would refer you back to my previous post (#135), which may cause you to see the relevance of my question here.

I provided context. You didn't.
I did. I referred to what Paul also said in Romans 11 and Galatians 3. Post 135 was very thorough. But I would be happy to continue the conversation. I was joking a bit at what you said above in reference to Ephesians 2:8-9, namely, "Putting that verse in context..."

Grace and peace to you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8​

King James Version​

DANCE A JIG O PRAISE TO THE GLORIOUS LORD . THe lambs gonna stay glued to CHRIST JESUS
and beware another jesus that men often tend to bring through their own doctrines .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We stand on the “ Living word of God”.....not manmade doctrine....what a waste of time!!!...ignorance is bliss I guess...I must remember I too was in ignorance of God’s Living word at one time.

Nothing would have got me into a church, I was dead in spirit, dead and in sin.

Then along came God.....

Meme Maker - hallelujah great success! Meme Generator!
4807894.jpg

Reactions: amigo de christo

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it.....
I... don't think you do... :)

...so Paul and James did not interpret that part of Scripture for you...
Well, they wrote what they wrote... As I said, the Word of God is what it is.

... which means you interpreted it yourself OR you are regurgitating what your Protestant men taught you.
I... decided what to accept about what is written, yes. In the very same sense in which you speak here, I would assert that you are "regurgitating" what your Catholic men have taught you.

I stand by my statement: It appears you are referring to Ephesians 2:8-9 as your proof text to back up what your men have taught you.
Do what you want; you're your own person. But again, in the very same vein, it appears you are refuting Ephesians 2:8-9 as proof text to back up what your men have taught you.

Grace and peace to you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 8​

King James Version​

1 Tim 1:
[3] As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

The leaders of the RCC didnt get that memo . sadly nor did many others .
For many teach other doctrines that are CONTRARY to the original doctrine . BUT NO WORRIES , the LAMBS WONT BE HEEDING THEM

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 1:
[3] As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

OOPS . many denominations seem to have forgotten this . SEEING THEY TEACH OTHER DOCRINES CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE
once delivered unto the saints .
IT BE BIBLE TIME FOLKS . cause men be decieving big time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 1:

AND THIS LAMB GONNA CHARGE them all to cease fire with the other contrary doctrines . BE BLESSED NOW , ya hear .
BIBLE TIME

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let none sit at the table of unity with a harlot who has compromised the doctrine once delivered and teaches
doo doo dung doctrine for one reason . POWER AND CONTROL , that all simply JOIN as one under her FOUL SHADE .
This lamb gonna expose and do all to expose that which is contrary TO THE DOCTRINE OF OUR LORD and the apostels
ENTER NOT INTO UNITY with A HARLOT . EVER .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS dont be giving heed to RCC fables or fables of any men who teach what ought never have too been taught or even uttered
by the mouth of man . DO NOT GIVE HEED UNTO FABLES of men . STAY DUG IN THE BIBLE MY DEAR FRIENDS

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 1:

MANY DENOMINATIONS DID NOT TAKE HEED TO THIS MESSAGE . MANY WILL NOT MAKE IT .
BIBLE TIME . BIBLE TIME . AND last but not least , BIBLE TIME

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard the saved by "these" works (works of faith/good works) and just not "those" works (works of the law) argument before but it's a bogus argument.
Thank you for your opinion. Have you any facts to back it up? I gave mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.