What is "OSAS"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really trying to convince us that all those who have been save many years have never sinned since salvation?

I answered you [already] by way of asking a question that would allow you to think your way through what you are missing and enable you to understand what the bible actually teaches.

Answer the question.

But no, I am not trying to "convince" anyone of anything. On the contrary, I was offering you a hand up--to help you--to understand what you do not understand.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered you [already] by way of asking a question that would allow you to think your way through what you are missing and enable you to understand what the bible actually teaches.

Answer the question.

But no, I am not trying to "convince" anyone of anything. On the contrary, I was offering you a hand up--to help you--to understand what you do not understand.
If you believe you are sinless then nothing you can say will convince me. You're deceiving yourself.

Reactions: Cassandra

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe you are sinless then nothing you can say will convince me. You're deceiving yourself.

I quoted John who was sent by Jesus, who was sent by God the Father. If you reject what is written and those who are sent, you reject Him who sent them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted John who was sent by Jesus, who was sent by God the Father. If you reject what is written and those who are sent, you reject Him who sent them.
I certainly believe John. Notice that John included himself.

1 John 1:8-9
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly believe John.

1 John 1:8-9
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That is only part, and the other part you reject. And by that same half-measure it shall be measured back to you.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is only part, and the other part you reject. And by that same half-measure it shall be measured back to you.
Like I said, if you really believe you're sinless then you are self deceived and VERY evasive at answering questions.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not those born of God.

1 John 3:9
Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God
Peter sinned.

Matthew 26
73 And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, "Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you."
74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, "I do not know the Man!" Immediately a rooster crowed.

John included himself with sinners.

1 John 1
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

And Paul

Romans 7
24 O wretched man that I am!

Peter, John and Paul weren't Christians???

But you NEVER sin?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter sinned.

Matthew 26
73 And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, "Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you."
74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, "I do not know the Man!" Immediately a rooster crowed.

John included himself with sinners.

1 John 1
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

And Paul

Romans 7
24 O wretched man that I am!

Peter, John and Paul weren't Christians???

But you NEVER sin?

Out of one side of your mouth you accuse me of being "evasive", while out of the other side of your mouth you yourself are evasive rather and stubbornly continue to leave out the very idea of "Whoever has been born of God does not sin" 1 John 3:9.

Jesus has a name for such behavior.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of one side of your mouth you accuse me of being "evasive", while out of the other side of your mouth you yourself are evasive rather and stubbornly continue to leave out the very idea of "Whoever has been born of God does not sin" 1 John 3:9.

What would that name be?

1 John 3:8 (ESV)
8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:8 (ESV)
8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
Try telling that to the lovey do generation who accepts sins as love .
And has more pronouns than a tree has leaves .
IF folks love their sin , THEY DO NOT KNOW GOD . Cause the HOLY GHOST
convicts us of the evil in our flesh . YET many holler and say I AM A LOUD N PROUD GAY CHRISTAIN .
PARD they DONT KNOW GOD at all and have decieved themselves .
THEY say ITS NOT SIN , WE HAVE NOT SINNED , they call GOD a liar right to his face and this generation
just pats them all on the back and says GOD IS LOVE , now marry WHOM THOU WILT . ITS ALL A TOTAL
betrayal to GOD , TO CHRIST . TIME folks stop supporting sin . AS i am sure you would and do agree .

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well if you are right Peter, Paul and John weren't Christians. And if you're right most of those here who love Jesus aren't Christians. Please tell us how long you've been a Christian so we can see how long you've been sinless since you say you've NEVER sinned since you got saved.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you are right Peter, Paul and John weren't Christians. And if you're right most of those here who love Jesus aren't Christians. Please tell us how long you've been a Christian so we can see how long you've been sinless since you say you've NEVER sinned since you got saved.

Still squirming I see. Still haven't answered the question. Still rejecting the whole counsel of God. A tree is known by its fruit.

Obviously you have no intention of facing and acknowledging the whole truth.

We're done here.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still squirming I see. Still haven't answered the question. Still rejecting the whole counsel of God. A tree is known its fruit.

We're done here.
So much for you being sinless! And what's even worse is that if you don't confess your sins to God you may not be forgiven!

Luke 18:10-14 (NKJV)
10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.' 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!' 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL false religions and cults that promote salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS which has always been a major red flag for me.
Christianity must be a cult then: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still squirming I see. Still haven't answered the question. Still rejecting the whole counsel of God. A tree is known by its fruit.

We're done here.
Lol...Acknowledge who's truth? YOUR truth? ;)

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity must be a cult then: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Ah, James. Yes, so it should be very clear that works honored by God are a result of the faith through which we are saved given them by God in His mercy and grace, rather than a means of receiving it, a means of meriting it, because in that case, God's grace would not be grace ~ unmerited favor ~ at all. Faith is not a work of man.

Grace and peace to all.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you produce works without the Spirit?

After salvation works follow....which makes sense, if we’ve been birthed in the Spirit?

We work for God through the Spirit within us, do we not?

“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10. These are works done, not in our own strength and for our own benefit, but by the grace of God and in obedience to Him – led by the Holy Spirit, to God's glory.

Reactions: rwb

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, James. Yes, so it should be very clear that works honored by God are a result of the faith through which we are saved given them by God in His mercy and grace, rather than a means of receiving it, a means of meriting it, because in that case, God's grace would not be grace ~ unmerited favor ~ at all. Faith is not a work of man.

Grace and peace to all.
I wondered who opened this thread again

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but as it is written, "Whoever has been born of God does not sin." In other words, by definition, one who is saved, having been born of God, "does not sin."

To which many seeing some who say they are saved continuing in sin, do not understand. To make matters worse, there are those who are not saved, but claim to be for a variety of reasons. This then begs the question, "If both the saved and the unsaved seem to sin, who is saved and who is not?" The answer is only eluded to in scripture, and certainly has eluded many. But the answers are indeed there. As Jesus clarified, "The kingdom of God does not come by observation" and "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” By this word from Christ, why would anyone think that the saved person is even visible?

That's simply not how salvation works. Many are simply confused and do not know all that is written.

Along the same lines, many are equally confused about this statement by Jesus, who also said, "Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left." Many will say this is the rapture--and it is. But it is also how salvation comes: The one who is taken is born of God and no longer of this world. Paul also referred to this, saying, "we who are alive and remain", meaning alive in God but remaining in the flesh and in this world. Thus, the one who is "left" is that one not born of God, but born of the flesh and of women.

Take note: After the confusion following the Tower of Babel, came the flood. The next confusion/flood event is not by water, but by fire, that is to say, by the spirit.
Hey Scott,

You have articulated your interpretation of that passage (1 John 3:9) very well. Thank you.

It seems many THINK they are saved, but they really may not be AND we will never know IF we are saved until our last day.

Mary

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice
Status
Not open for further replies.