What IS "sound doctrine".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! So you don't believe in the PROPHECY of the second coming of Christ. Okay - bye!
Now as is typical of heretics, you are putting words in my mouth. Prophecy has a predictive element, but so does apocalyptic. But unlike apocalyptic, the future is not fixed for prophecy. That is why, for example, several OT prophetic predictions are revoked because the warnings prompted the Jews to repent. Prophecy uses predictions to motivate the people to repent and to lay out the conditions of redemptive security.

Here is the fact you keep ducking. No academic commentary on Revelation, whether evangelical, liberal, or secular, accepts your concept of the 7 letters as types of future church ages and you can cite no evidence from the letters that his view is correct.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Book of Revelation is PROPHECY.
The bulk of it is indeed prophecy (chapters 6-21). But the letters to the seven churches (chapters 1-3) are warnings and commendations to each of those churches in Asia Minor (now Turkey). And what is said in those letters has applicability to all churches today. Let's look at the warnings and how they apply to churches today.

WARNINGS
1. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

2. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

4. And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

5. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee... Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

6. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and
that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

So what we see here is that every church which claims to be Christian today must address: (1) failure to love God and Christ perfectly, (2) false doctrines, (3) false practices, (4) toleration of sin, evil, and heresy within the church, and (5) unconverted church members.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No academic commentary on Revelation accepts this heresy!
Christians are not to depend on academic commentaries or any commentaries per se. Particularly when it comes to commentary on Bible prophecy. We need to bear in mind that the majority of Protestant commentators were influenced by Preterism and Amillennialism.

Reactions: tzcho2

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of "sound doctrine" is determined by whether or not we have heard from a "sound" or good source. In other words, the people of God are to be good stewards in carrying the water of the gospel to the next generation. The risk is that we not take great care and are reckless to the point of missing the mark...the end result of which is also given in the scriptures, as "the teachings of men." And then there are also the warnings, Jesus even say, that one who does such, will "wish they had never lived."

Reactions: Helen

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this...it has good points ...never seen Eve as a type of the Church. ( under testing and proving...)
I do not believe all of 'the church' becomes the Bride.
Those without spot and wrinkle.

As I look 'out there', I see the church

This is true, not all who are called to be of the body of Christ, the Church will be part of the bride class, only those who make their calling and election sure. Those who fell to do so, but who nevertheless refuse to deny their Lord will of necessity pass through great tribulation being turned ‘over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit (the new life in them) might be saved in the day of the Lord.

Such as “foolish virgins” will have lost out on being a part of the bride of Christ, and of participating in the marriage of the Lamb, but nevertheless they are still considered “virgins” (pure ones), and as blessed virgins they will be invited to the wedding feast. (Rev 19:7-9)

The royal daughter (the Church) is all glorious within the palace; her clothing is woven with gold. She shall be brought to the King in robes of many colors; the virgins, her companions who follow her, shall be brought to you. With gladness and rejoicing they shall be brought; they shall enter the King’s palace.” (Psa 45:13-15)

"The virgins her companions" who follow, born of the spirit through great tribulation will be present at the marriage festivities as the bridesmaids but not as the bride of Christ.

Reactions: Helen and Episkopos

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and @Harvest 1874

I do not agree that the apostasy started in Smyrna, as Jesus has nothing correctional to say to it.

Actually he did have something to say he said that there were already false Christians among them. Remember the book of Revelation is a book of symbols and as such it is to be received. When the Lord made the statement, “I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.” Those whom he referred to as “Jews” Israelite's (Israel means: the people of God), he was not referring to actual Jews, but to professed Christians, false Christians.

and @Harvest 1874

Pergamos, on the other hand, is where the mixing with paganism began, "Satan's seat/throne." It also held to the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, though that doctrine did not continue through Thyatira.

Once again this spirit of the Nicolaitans (the struggle for power, for lordship) most certainly continued into the church of Thyatira as “Jezebel” (the Papacy, the apostate church) was still in control, and history will verify that the struggle for power and lordship over the people continued.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now as is typical of heretics, you are putting words in my mouth. Prophecy has a predictive element, but so does apocalyptic. But unlike apocalyptic, the future is not fixed for prophecy. That is why, for example, several OT prophetic predictions are revoked because the warnings prompted the Jews to repent. Prophecy uses predictions to motivate the people to repent and to lay out the conditions of redemptive security.

Here is the fact you keep ducking. No academic commentary on Revelation, whether evangelical, liberal, or secular, accepts your concept of the 7 letters as types of future church ages and you can cite no evidence from the letters that his view is correct.

If you are going to call me a heretic, you are going on ignore. Bye.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bulk of it is indeed prophecy (chapters 6-21). But the letters to the seven churches (chapters 1-3) are warnings and commendations to each of those churches in Asia Minor (now Turkey). And what is said in those letters has applicability to all churches today. Let's look at the warnings and how they apply to churches today.

WARNINGS
1. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

2. But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

4. And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

5. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee... Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

6. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and
that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

So what we see here is that every church which claims to be Christian today must address: (1) failure to love God and Christ perfectly, (2) false doctrines, (3) false practices, (4) toleration of sin, evil, and heresy within the church, and (5) unconverted church members.

As I said, they are three-fold. You see one dimension. What you said is true of only one of them. But the history of the church is laid out from beginning to end.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he did have something to say he said that there were already false Christians among them. Remember the book of Revelation is a book of symbols and as such it is to be received. When the Lord made the statement, “I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.” Those whom he referred to as “Jews” Israelite's (Israel means: the people of God), he was not referring to actual Jews, but to professed Christians, false Christians.

Once again this spirit of the Nicolaitans (the struggle for power, for lordship) most certainly continued into the church of Thyatira as “Jezebel” (the Papacy, the apostate church) was still in control, and history will verify that the struggle for power and lordship over the people continued.

The dissection of the Greek name by modern "scholars" is wrong. It is not academic, it is written in scripture. There was actually a guy named Nicolas who was the leader of this group and is spoken of by Eusebus, concerning the Nicolas of Acts 6:5, and who was closer in history to the doctrine, so I will trust him to know the facts. There is the connection to Balaam, that is the clue that shows what this doctrine is about - sex. In fact, rape. Not power over the people. It was what Paul spoke against. "Shall we sin so grace may abound?" That is exactly the message of the Nicolaitans. In short, he believed that Jesus did not come in the flesh, but only in spirit, and only sins of the spirit were sins. Therefore, sins of the flesh were not sins at all - 1 John 1:8. Nicolas instructed that they were to rape each other's wives every day to have grace. This is the false doctrine of 1 John 4:1-3 that Ephesus was fighting against, and Pergamos adopted, but not Thyatira.

The Jezebel of Thyatira was the ancient pagan Babylon mystery religion that turned into "holy traditions" in the RCC and Orthodox churches concerning Mary and the baby Jesus, to this very day. Again, it had nothing to do with "power over the laity" that has been speculated.

But, at least, we are on the same page that the letters to the seven churches was more than one dimensional as some ignorantly believe, but are prophetic.

What I would really like to know is what are your thoughts on Sardis? You can PM me if you like.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Why is sound doctrine so important?"

Paul charges Titus, “You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine” Titus 2:1.
It makes it obvious that sound doctrine is important.

Sound doctrine is important because our faith is based on a specific message.
The overall teaching of the church contains many elements, but the primary message is explicitly defined: Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures , and.. . . . "He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

This is the good news, and it is “of first importance.”
If we change that message, then the whole basis of faith shifts from Christ to something else.

Our eternal destiny depends upon hearing “the word of truth, the gospel of your salvationEphesians 1:13; and 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).

Sound doctrine is important because the gospel is a sacred trust, and we dare not tamper with God’s communication to the world.
Our duty is to deliver the message, not to change it.
Jude conveys an urgency in guarding the trust: “I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints” Jude 1:3; and Philippians 1:27).
To “contend” carries the idea of strenuously fighting for something, to give it everything you’ve got.
The Bible includes a warning neither to add to nor subtract from God’s Word Revelation 22:18-19. Rather than alter the apostles’ doctrine, we receive what has been passed down to us and keep it- as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus2 Timothy 1:13.

Sound doctrine is important because what we believe affects what we do.
.... there is a direct correlation between what we think and how we act.
When two people stand on top of a bridge, one believes he can fly, and the other believes he cannot fly. Their next actions will be quite different . In the same way, a man who believes that there is no such thing as right and wrong will naturally behave differently from a man who believes in well defined moral standards.
In one of the biblical lists of sins, things like rebellion, murder, lying, and slave trading are mentioned. The list concludes with “whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine”
1 Timothy 1:9-10).
In other words, true teaching promotes righteousness...unrighteousness flourishes where “the sound doctrine” is opposed, changed, or added to.

Jesus said .."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.." John 8:32

Yes the scriptures show us that sound doctrine is important, but what is sound doctrine? It's easy for people to say that sound doctrine is that The True God sent his Only Begotten Son to die for mankind and resurrected him three days after his death and anyone exercising faith in this loving act will get eternal life, and this is true sound doctrine. The problem arises when people give their faith on this scripture of John 3:16. What do I mean? Well today most people tell me their faith concerning sound doctrine is that it wasn't the Only Begotten Son who became flesh and died for me but that it was God who became flesh and died for me . Which doctrine is the true sound doctrine? There have been those texting on this post that after Jesus Christ and the Apostles left this world that man made ideas crept into the truth the first four centuries. This is reasonable since the scriptures tell us there would be an apostasy that would develop after their going away, the Apostle John said that when he was still living there were already many antichrists. Antichrists teach untruth man made ideas so its reasonable to understand and believe that many man made ideas came into the truth the first four centuries after Jesus Christ and the Apostles left this world. Therefore I myself believe, what other people choose to believe is their choice, that many of the doctrines that people believe to be sound doctrine today are not sound doctrine at all but instead man made ideas which came into the truth the first four centuries.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1 Corinthians 13:1 yeah! In Words and Deeds.
Now getting back to: But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
I would say learning the Truth of GOD brings me to ALL Scriptures in Rightly Dividing his word unto him, but as Faith without works is DEAD.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul charges Titus, “You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine” Titus 2:1.

The overall teaching of the church contains many elements, but the primary message is explicitly defined: Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures , and.. . . . "He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

If we change that message, then the whole basis of faith shifts from Christ to something else.

Our eternal destiny depends upon hearing “the word of truth, the gospel of your salvationEphesians 1:13; and 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).

Sound doctrine is important because the gospel is a sacred trust, and we dare not tamper with God’s communication to the world.
Jude conveys an urgency in guarding the trust: “I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints” Jude 1:3; and Philippians 1:27).
To “contend” carries the idea of strenuously fighting for something, to give it everything you’ve got.
The Bible includes a warning neither to add to nor subtract from God’s Word Revelation 22:18-19. Rather than alter the apostles’ doctrine, we receive what has been passed down to us and keep it- as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus2 Timothy 1:13.

When two people stand on top of a bridge, one believes he can fly, and the other believes he cannot fly. Their next actions will be quite different . In the same way, a man who believes that there is no such thing as right and wrong will naturally behave differently from a man who believes in well defined moral standards.
In one of the biblical lists of sins, things like rebellion, murder, lying, and slave trading are mentioned. The list concludes with “whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine”
In other words, true teaching promotes righteousness...unrighteousness flourishes where “the sound doctrine” is opposed, changed, or added to.

Jesus said .."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.." John 8:32

Reading Athanasius’ ‘Against the Heathen’ and his follow up ‘On the Incarnation’ is a good way to learn what sound doctrine looks like. Athanasuis was a key theologian in the 4th century, responsible for articulating the doctrine of the Trinity and describing the incarnation of Christ as fully human and fully God. He was instrumental in stopping the Arian heresy from corrupting orthodoxy.

He also wrote an interesting biography of St. Antony who was an early hermit - the book popularized a movement away from the cities into the desert which led to monasticism. Moving out to the desert to live a life of complete devotion to God was a sort of substitute for martyrdom after Christianity became legalized and persecution ended. The desert was seen as a sort of death.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading Athanasius’ ‘Against the Heathen’ and his follow up ‘On the Incarnation’ is a good way to learn what sound doctrine looks like. Athanasuis was a key theologian in the 4th century, responsible for articulating the doctrine of the Trinity and describing the incarnation of Christ as fully human and fully God. He was instrumental in stopping the Arian heresy from corrupting orthodoxy.

He also wrote an interesting biography of St. Antony who was an early hermit - the book popularized a movement away from the cities into the desert which led to monasticism. Moving out to the desert to live a life of complete devotion to God was a sort of substitute for martyrdom after Christianity became legalized and persecution ended. The desert was seen as a sort of death.

You sure know your History, Ron ♥ It would take me forever to plow through all of that!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure know your History, Ron ♥ It would take me forever to plow through all of that!

Actually, you would be surprised how short the letters are! Once you get used to the writing, it is manageable and worth reading. The St. Antony bio is compelling because it describes the crazy stuff the hermit did to quell the demons.....for example, when he was assaulted one morning by the demon of lust he promptly threw himself into a nearby thorn bush and rolled around naked until the demon left him - victory! Haha

Makes a cold shower sound much better than before I read that method...hahaha

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you would be surprised how short the letters are! Once you get used to the writing, it is manageable and worth reading. The St. Antony bio is compelling because it describes the crazy stuff the hermit did to quell the demons.....for example, when he was assaulted one morning by the demon of lust he promptly threw himself into a nearby thorn bush and rolled around until the demon left him - victory! Haha

Makes a cold shower sound much better than before I read that method...hahaha

I wonder if that is why monks would scourge themselves with whipping straps across the back?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if that is why monks would scourge themselves with whipping straps across the back?

Mortification. It is no longer a monastic practice - at least the physical abuse is not

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello @"ByGrace",

The 'sound doctrine' that Titus is told to teach is followed by a list of it's practical outworking isn't it, in regard to all whether young or old, bond or free, and in regard to all relationships, within the home or in the workplace (forgive me using the KJV, I am just more used to it) - Titus 2:1-12:-

(1)'But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
(2) That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
(3) The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness,
not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
(4) That they may teach the young women to be sober,
to love their husbands, to love their children,
(5) To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good,
obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
(6) Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
(7) In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works:
in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
(8) Sound speech, that cannot be condemned;
that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
(9) Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters,
and to please them well in all things; not answering again;
(10) Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity;
that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
(11) For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
(12) Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,
we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
(13) Looking for that blessed hope,
and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
(14) Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity,
and purify unto Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
(15) These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.'

* There can be no doubt as to what this 'sound doctrine' is, can there? in the light of this passage of Scripture.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ,
according to the faith of God's elect,
and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

In hope of eternal life,
which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began
;
But hath in due times manifested His word through preaching,
which is committed unto me
according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
To Titus, mine own son after the common faith:
Grace, mercy, and peace,
from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.'

(Titus 1:1-4)

Hello @"ByGrace"

Titus is an epistle that was written by Paul, as 'The Prisoner of the Lord', wasn't it? Written following the Divine revelation concerning this present dispensation, which had formerly been 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9 & Colossians 1:26) , along with Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians and 1 & 2 Timothy and Philemon.

* This is reflected in the blessed hope spoken of in Titus 2:13:-

'Looking for that blessed hope,
and the glorious appearing
of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; ...
'
(Titus 2:13)

* This is now what we are to look for, isn't it?:- this is our expectation, and our hope: Not our Lord's 'coming', but 'His glorious appearing': for our hope is closely aligned to it, as we will appear with Him there:-

'When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

(Colossians 3:4)

* This was not the hope or the expectation of the previous dispensation. This is part of the 'sound doctrine' heard by Titus, and committed to him, by Paul, and listed here as part of it's practical outworking.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Helen
D

Dave L

Hello @"ByGrace"

Titus is an epistle that was written by Paul, as 'The Prisoner of the Lord', written following the Divine revelation concerning this present dispensation, which had formerly been 'hid in God' (Ephesians 3:9 & Colossians 1:26) , along with Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians and 1 & 2 Timothy and Philemon.

This is reflected in the blessed hope spoken of in Titus 2:13:-

'Looking for that blessed hope,
and the glorious appearing
of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; ...
'
(Titus 2:13)

* This is now what we are to look for:- this is our expectation, and our hope: Not our Lord's 'coming', but 'His glorious appearing': for our hope is closely aligned to it, as we will appear with Him there:-

'When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

(Colossians 3:4)

* This was not the hope or the expectation of the previous dispensation. This is part of the 'sound doctrine' heard by Titus, and committed to him, by Paul, and listed here as part of it's practical outworking.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
You need to be careful not to reject Jesus' words that the Apostles and writers imported into the New Covenant. John gives stern warning about this.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You need to be careful not to reject Jesus' words that the Apostles and writers imported into the New Covenant. John gives stern warning about this.
Hello @Dave L.

Thank you for your warning. I have no intention of rejecting Jesus words, for they are 'spirit' and they are 'life'. However, the New Covenant will be made with Israel, as the Old Covenant was made to them beforehand. The nation is now lo'ammi (ie., 'not My People'), and therefore the New Covenant is in abeyance until Israel repents and acknowledges their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, and becomes, ('My People') once more; in response to the words of Peter in Acts 3:-

'But those things, which God before had shewed
by the mouth of all his prophets,
that Christ should suffer, He hath so fulfilled.

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord
;
And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.'

(Acts 3:19-21)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy