What is the Kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This makes no sense

It wouold resemble people coming to the border. and offering money to people to let them in.

But this is a basic example which does not come close to what I said..
In Canada an immigrant has to have a certain amount of money to get landed immigrant status. Of course there is also the refugee method.

In the kingdom of God there is a price to pay for the fulness of God. All of us for all of Him.

Otherwise we can hope to be a refugee...the meek of the earth inherit the earth. But to get that status you have to be far humbler than I have seen most rich Westerners able to be.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your right, It Cost Christ everything to pay for me to enter into it

It costs Christ everything to give us ACCESS to the kingdom. Not any old Tom, Dick, or Harry can push his way in. That's why so many will be rejected. read the bible.
See. You just proved my point.

Thank you kind sir
Was your point about BUYING into the kingdom? Are you honest? Can you read the verses I posted?

Or to agree with you do we have to throw out the majority of the biblical text? Or...if I post the verses you ignore...does that make you hostile to me? As in...do not disturb?

Why not love the truth rather than avoiding it at all costs?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This makes no sense

It wouold resemble people coming to the border. and offering money to people to let them in.

But this is a basic example which does not come close to what I said..

That's literally what a coyote is/does..... :rolleyes:

Colloquially, a coyote is a person who smuggles ILLEGAL immigrants across the Mexico–United States border. The word "coyote" is a loanword from Mexican Spanish that usually refers to a species of North American wild dog (Canis latrans).

Migrants pay coyotes a fee to guide them across the border. Fees are normally collected once the migrant arrives at a predetermined destination, usually a border city in California, Texas, or Arizona. Since the 1990s, the proportion of migrants who hire coyotes has increased drastically as a result of intensified surveillance along the border.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It costs Christ everything to give us ACCESS to the kingdom. Not any old Tom, Dick, or Harry can push his way in. That's why so many will be rejected. read the bible.
I never said different did I?

Just paid the price in full.. Sadly people want to pay their own price and push Jesus out of the way, thinking they can purchase their own way in
Was your point about BUYING into the kingdom? Are you honest? Can you read the verses I posted?
I read the whole bible. Not just a few verses taken out of context.
Or to agree with you do we have to throw out the majority of the biblical text? Or...if I post the verses you ignore...does that make you hostile to me? As in...do not disturb?

Why not love the truth rather than avoiding it at all costs?
To believe as you do. I would have to through most of scripture out.

Thats why i reject your legalistic gospel of works.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's literally what a coyote is/does..... :rolleyes:

Colloquially, a coyote is a person who smuggles ILLEGAL immigrants across the Mexico–United States border. The word "coyote" is a loanword from Mexican Spanish that usually refers to a species of North American wild dog (Canis latrans).

Migrants pay coyotes a fee to guide them across the border. Fees are normally collected once the migrant arrives at a predetermined destination, usually a border city in California, Texas, or Arizona. Since the 1990s, the proportion of migrants who hire coyotes has increased drastically as a result of intensified surveillance along the border.
I want to talk about the word. When your ready let me know

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thanks.... I'll seek out folks who are open to it.
Don’t look in the mirror then

Because it is obvious you ar not open to it.. You want to discuss coyotes, not the word..

your example has literally nothing to do with what i said or salvation.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed when people laugh at every post. They usually do not care to understand what the person is saying, They just want to puff themselves up as I know better than you.

Laugh all you want.. It does not hurt me one way or the other..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said:

I asked if you consider him then, to be like the Mexican coyotes. It's simple math.
And I explained to you what I meant.

But you do not want to hear that, You want to mock everything and laugh at everything.

Good day sir. You have nothing to offer me..

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed when people laugh at every post. They usually do not care to understand what the person is saying, They just want to puff themselves up as I know better than you.

Laugh all you want.. It does not hurt me one way or the other..

Sometimes people laugh when they think something is funny. Or ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never said different did I?

Just paid the price in full.. Sadly people want to pay their own price and push Jesus out of the way, thinking they can purchase their own way in

That's backward thinking. Which is easier..to name and claim something that Jesus did through self-interest...as if that was a virtue? Or else reject Christ and try becoming your own messiah? In your mind you think I have to reject Christ in order to seek God. But that is your dilemma, not mine. You have put yourself on the horns of a dilemma.

I not only read the bible, I put it into practice and you know what? There IS a kingdom to enter into. That's the good news. That's the gospel.
I read the whole bible. Not just a few verses taken out of context.

I have never seen you comment on anything I post whereby what I say is fully backed up. I ONLY teach from the bible. But you will willfully ignore the hundreds of verses I quote.
To believe as you do. I would have to through most of scripture out.

No, you would have to stop relying on the carnal religious mind. You would have to become as a child. That's what God is looking for.
Thats why i reject your legalistic gospel of works.
My gospel is according to power. The power of an eternal life based on abiding IN Christ. The power to transform a mere human into a Christ bearer in image and maturity.

You are waiting to die to bear eternal fruit. But that time is now.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's backward thinking. Which is easier..to name and claim something that Jesus did...as if that was a virtue? Or else reject Christ and try becoming your own messiah? In your mind you think I have to reject Christ in order to seek God. But that is your dilemma, not mine. You have put yourself on the horns of a dilemma.

I not only read the bible, I put it into practice and you know what? There IS a kingdom to enter into. That's the good news. That's the gospel.

I have never seen you comment on anything I post whereby what I say is fully backed up. I ONLY teach from the bible. But you will willfully ignore the hundreds of verses I quote.

No, you would have to stop relying on the carnal religious mind. You would have to become as a child. That's what God is looking for.

My gospel is according to power. The power of an eternal life based on abiding IN Christ. The power to transform a mere human into a Christ bearer in image and maturity.

You are waiting to die to bear eternal fruit. But that time is now.
Why don’t you just admit you’re trying to purchase your way into the kingdom?

Your depending on your works

I am depending on the promises of God.

all the other nonsense you wrote in this post is meaningless.. because non of it is true.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why don’t you just admit you’re trying to purchase your way into the kingdom?

Have you read the bible...really? It boggles the mind that you are stuck on a mental loop.

I am following Christ...for real. A real Christ. A real God. Not an ideological premise.

If anybody wants to enter into the kingdom they must sell all and buy the field. It's easy for you to disrespect the words of God because you have no inclination towards anything spiritual...certainly not anything biblical...otherwise you would have more respect for what is written...as opposed to your knee jerk reactions.
Your depending on your works

No. I depend on faith. Not religious beliefs...that's your department. But you don't see the difference. So be it.
I am depending on the promises of God.

You can't claim the promises and ignore the conditions and warnings. Well actually you continue to do so in spite of my advice to the contrary. Maybe others will benefit by seeing your reactions against the plainly stated truth.
all the other nonsense you wrote in this post is meaningless.. because non of it is true.
There you go. Of course it makes no sense to you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is true. I am encouraging people to press into the kingdom. I did a post on that recently. If people are unable to press into the kingdom realm then it is better to admit that and remain humble, fearing the Lord. Acknowledging His ways being higher than our wisdom, knowledge and understanding can presently grasp. All the privileges afforded to us as rich Westerners are an actual DISADVANTAGE to us when it come to the right kind of attitude in regards to the kingdom of God. We are used to being catered to...hence the state of the modern church. We like being molly-coddled...from birth to new birth.

However....He gives grace to the humble. And this is of course intolerable for the spoiled carnal person (let's be truthful)...especially when that carnal one has become convinced he/she is somehow special to God and that He judges from a partiality (favouritism) towards certain people (like born-agains). But God is not a respecter of persons. To whom much is given MORE is required. And He gives MORE grace...or...grace ON grace....IF we seek for it as for precious treasure.

Warnings aren't meant to be comforting. But they do save lives. That's what I'm trying to do with the very stubborn and unwilling ones.

But I am only doing what I would hope that another would do for me if I only had a little knowledge...just enough to trap me in delusional thinking.
Aye, "much is given, MORE {much] is required." That means me, the one spoiled as a WASP... who is also born again [from above]. Help us to humble ourselves, dear Lord!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aye, "much is given, MORE {much] is required." That means me, the one spoiled as a WASP... who is also born again [from above]. Help us to humble ourselves, dear Lord!
Amen Amadeus. God is love. If we would only receive the gifts of God with meekness...not being opinionated...not backbiting, accusing, quarrelsome...as we know the flesh loves to do...THEN we would be given the kingdom as an inheritance. It is the Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom. In the meantime we should try to run to win...to win the kingdom! To win Christ!

To those who don't understand the race, they will think seeking God is pointless and even ridiculous, as these have accepted a scheme that makes religious beliefs trump reality.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen Amadeus. God is love. If we would only receive the gifts of God with meekness...not being opinionated...not backbiting, accusing, quarrelsome...as we know the flesh loves to do...THEN we would be given the kingdom as an inheritance. It is the Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom. In the meantime we should try to run to win...to win the kingdom! To win Christ!
Too many it seems believe because they have something that they have it all. At the same time so many would deny the possibility that a man may become sinless or that a man may overcome, as Jesus did, before that man runs out of time. Who can do those things? None of us without His help, which is offered to us freely.

If we cannot see it clearly, are we not still able to ask for any necessary help? Should we stop asking, seeking and knocking because we are apparently already perfect as our Father is perfect? Who is already so perfect? No, let's not answer that question... but let us continue to strive and to surrender. How high may we go? God knows!
To those who don't understand the race, they will think seeking God is pointless and even ridiculous, as these have accepted a scheme that makes religious beliefs trump reality.
Is the final answer, "I am saved"? Why does a baby grow? Why did Jesus grow?

Ps 61:2From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Isa 55:8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Lu 14:10But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Lu 14:11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the bible...really? It boggles the mind that you are stuck on a mental loop.
I could say the same to you.
I am following Christ...for real. A real Christ. A real God. Not an ideological premise.
No, Your following religion..
If anybody wants to enter into the kingdom they must sell all and buy the field. It's easy for you to disrespect the words of God because you have no inclination towards anything spiritual...certainly not anything biblical...otherwise you would have more respect for what is written...as opposed to your knee jerk reactions.
Sell what?

The penalty of sin is death, Not selling your household items..
No. I depend on faith. Not religious beliefs...that's your department. But you don't see the difference. So be it.
No you depend on your works.
You can't claim the promises and ignore the conditions and warnings. Well actually you continue to do so in spite of my advice to the contrary. Maybe others will benefit by seeing your reactions against the plainly stated truth.
Warning and conditions? You ignore the most important warning and condition

He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already.

You make it about works. Works will nto save you in this day or any day
There you go. Of course it makes no sense to you.