What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for that cut-and-paste job from your Jehovah's Witness site.
First of all that is NOT a Jehovah's Witness site, secondly, I am NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

However - as JW's usually do - you omitted the fact that EVERY one of those Early Church Fathers you mentioned used the Trinitarian Baptismal formula in their writings of "Father, Son and Holy Spirit".
This was referenced back in post #273 - had you bothered to look . . .
Yes I'm aware, since it's my article. But I had forgotten that I had posted it before. I've been away from this forum for some time. BTW ... I left out that last paragraph on purpose.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The MAJOR problem you have is, it does not say that. But I guess when you are desperate, you will have no problem using substitutions.
In English, user 'for' can quite validly and indisputably mean "in order to get" or "because of," but not both at the same time. You and Truther and others have... chosen the wrong one. It's a simple misunderstanding, but a misunderstanding it is, on your part.

Now, as for a "problem," neither one of us that, but one of us is very much mistaken, and because the context of Acts 2:38 is consistent with other statements along the same lines that Peter made in Scripture, namely in 2 Peter 1, the mistaken one is you. Peter is not inconsistent with or contradicting of himself, as you would (inadvertently) make him out to be.

Additionally, you and those holding to the same viewpoint are making baptism out to be a work that earns one ~ or makes one meritorious of ~ salvation. This cannot possibly be the case, as no work of ours can merit our salvation; Scripture is very clear on that point. In addition to that, it makes God's grace out to be something other than grace, which is unmerited favor.

So, not to say that "you have a problem"... :)... but in view of the above, surely you see issue you run head on into.

Now that you made a substitution, run along with your NEW scripture and it will be your NEW gospel. Yikes!
LOL! :) The validity of the substitution is perfectly valid, as Peter's context in Acts 2:38 is perfectly consistent with His context in 1 Peter 2:10.

Grace and peace to you. Especially grace, as you seem to be so lacking in it.

Last edited:

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In English, user 'for' can quite validly and indisputably mean "in order to get" or "because of," but not both at the same time. You and Truther and others have... chosen the wrong one. It's a simple misunderstanding, but a misunderstanding it is, on your part.

Now, as for a "problem," neither one of us that, but one of us is very much mistaken, and because the context of Acts 2:38 is consistent with other statements along the same lines that Peter made in Scripture, namely in 2 Peter 1, the mistaken one is you. Peter is not inconsistent with or contradicting of himself, as you would (inadvertently) make him out to be.

Additionally, you and those holding to the same viewpoint are making baptism out to be a work that earns one ~ or makes one meritorious of ~ salvation. This cannot possibly be the case, as no work of ours can merit our salvation; Scripture is very clear on that point. In addition to that, it makes God's grace out to be something other than grace, which is unmerited favor.

So, not to say that "you have a problem"... :)... but in view of the above, surely you see issue you run head on into.

LOL! :) The validity of the substitution is perfectly valid, as Peter's context in Acts 2:38 is perfectly consistent with His context in 1 Peter 2:10.

Grace and peace to you. Especially grace, as you seem to be so lacking in it.

Your quite welcome to swing away in the sand.

But for myself, I'll stand upon the rock with scripture...

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
[39] For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good to see the transforming power of Christ has changed you, brother. Still winning souls for Christ? If you see people you're arguing with as idiots, why do you even bother? The ignore button really works.
So that they are exposed.

Less-knowledgeable people tend to get seduced by lies and and the liars who spread them.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW look at that, again you avoid addressing the statement.
Your doing that chicken dance again ... I'll leave a dollar in your tip jar.
Ehrn YOU address the poiunt I made that sinks your argument - I will address the statement.

When did I make this claim?
"Since you claim it is not specifically an operation of the heart".

Please point me to the post.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all that is NOT a Jehovah's Witness site, secondly, I am NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Yes I'm aware, since it's my article. But I had forgotten that I had posted it before. I've been away from this forum for some time. BTW ... I left out that last paragraph on purpose.
I found it on a JW siye - e-Jehovah's Witnesses.
My mistake - I assumed that you got it from there.

So, you're a Modalist, then?

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found it on a JW siye - e-Jehovah's Witnesses.
My mistake - I assumed that you got it from there.

I posted it there. Mr. King the self styled Prophet booted me from his forum on e-jehovahs-witnesses because he'd rather promote himself rather than the Truth. That site is made up of active and inactive JW's who feel their governing body has apostatize. They feel they are truly God's people and that Jesus will eventually save them. So they apply all the Israel scriptures to themselves.

So, you're a Modalist, then?

Nope!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PEACE! BE STILL!
get into your Bible and study 2 Corinthians
2 Corinthians 12 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁹ Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.
²⁰ For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:
²¹ And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

There is so much strife, slandering, pointing fingers and such going on in this thread that I am embarrassed for you since you claim to be a Christian.

This is not good for the forum for new people and even current members to witness such animosity between the brethren.
No wonder Christianity is becoming so unpopular today....
HYPOCRISY negates the witness of Christ in you and what's really bad is you go and tell people you are a Christian but your actions appear as children of the wicked one.

I know Jesus isn't enjoying the show here so I suppose it's time to shut it down.

And you guys get on your knees and repent of your actions and words spoken to one another here....then forgive one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.