What is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, you aren’t smarter than Jesus - if He meant to baptize in His name only, He’d have plainly said exactly that in Matthew 28:19.

Water baptism saves no one.

Paul said He was sent NOT TO BAPTIZE, but to preach the gospel.

The gospel for salvation does not include baptism, else Paul would have preached the gospel and baptized new converts immediately.,
Actually, Jesus, as his understanding of the future is, said Matt 28:19 to keep the goats out of the flock of the Acts 2(38) church.

He foresaw the rise of the RCC and her daughters that forbid and despise the name of Jesus Christ per water baptism.

The Acts 2:38 church is exclusive and for true believers seeking remission of sins via the name of Jesus Christ.

The RCC and her daughters seek a softer approach to acquire remission of sins, banning the name of Jesus Christ.

This is the mystery of the great whore.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may....

The Roman Catholic cannot see that folks in the book of Acts were always and only baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, and no mention of "Father/Holy Ghost" ever being eluded to?

Are you still teaching folks NOT to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins, which is exactly opposite of the Acts baptisms?

You Roman Catholics are extremely naughty.
Ummmm......you do know that your fellow revolutionaries that started the Reformation ALSO baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? And that it can be historically proven that Christianity has done that since the beginning of Christianity? And that the heretical teaching that you are promoting is an invention of men since the revolution against The Church in the 16th century?

You do know that....don't you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may....

The Roman Catholic cannot see that folks in the book of Acts were always and only baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, and no mention of "Father/Holy Ghost" ever being eluded to?

Are you still teaching folks NOT to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins, which is exactly opposite of the Acts baptisms?

You Roman Catholics are extremely naughty.
Since your friend @user has repearedly failed at this, perhars YOU can -
a) Show me a SINGLE example of a Baptism in the NT where the detaiols of the Baptism are chronicled?
b) Show me a SINGLE verse where the ACTUAL WORDSsof Baptism are used IN the ritual?

A word of advice though - he already tried to sneak in verses like Acts 2:38 (future event), Acts 8:16 (past event) and Acts 19:5 (past event) - and I destroyed those arguments in post #70.

You'll
have to do better than that . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm......you do know that your fellow revolutionaries that started the Reformation ALSO baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit? And that it can be historically proven that Christianity has done that since the beginning of Christianity? And that the heretical teaching that you are promoting is an invention of men since the revolution against The Church in the 16th century?

You do know that....don't you?
The protestants are the daughters of the RCC.

They protest Mama.

The RCC protested the 3000 of the Acts 2:38 Church beginning at Pentecost.

There are 2 Mamas...

#1 Mama Pentecost...The Acts 2:38 Church, which is the original Church and only Church of Jesus.

#2 Mama RCC...The great falling away church, including the protestants.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since your friend @user has repearedly failed at this, perhars YOU can -
a) Show me a SINGLE example of a Baptism in the NT where the detaiols of the Baptism are chronicled?
b) Show me a SINGLE verse where the ACTUAL WORDSsof Baptism are used IN the ritual?

A word of advice though - he already tried to sneak in verses like Acts 2:38 (future event), Acts 8:16 (past event) and Acts 19:5 (past event) - and I destroyed those arguments in post #70.

You'll
have to do better than that . . .
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

What do you need, Roman Catholic, a 2000 year old video?

LOL

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...you teach this...

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of YHWH, and of the Holy Ghost:...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of YHWH for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....

....which is not found in any Bible on earth.
No, but rather:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (YHVH)..."

Again, Peter is saying the same thing in Acts 2:38, but his comments are tailored to who he's speaking to ~ Jews who knew that the Father and the Holy Spirit are together YHWH but until this moment did not realize that Jesus was the Christ, the Messiah.

Peter was among those who heard Jesus's words in Matthew 28 first hand, and his sermon in Acts 2 was only very shortly after hearing the words of Christ. How you and like-minded folks would suppose he's telling those Jews something different than what Jesus told him and the others is quite astounding.

If you agree with Peter and the 3000 at Pentecost per Acts 2:38, then why aren't you baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins yet?
How you would get the idea that I'm not is beyond me.

Grace and peace to you.

BGR

Jul 13, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Jesus, as his understanding of the future is, said Matt 28:19 to keep the goats out of the flock of the Acts 2(38) church.

He foresaw the rise of the RCC and her daughters that forbid and despise the name of Jesus Christ per water baptism.

The Acts 2:38 church is exclusive and for true believers seeking remission of sins via the name of Jesus Christ.

The RCC and her daughters seek a softer approach to acquire remission of sins, banning the name of Jesus Christ.

This is the mystery of the great whore.

Matt 28:19 not being fulfilled, by actually invoking the name alluded to, very defiantly separates those who follow the Apostles doctrine from the Catholic Church AND all her daughters.

Reactions: Truther

BGR

Jul 13, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They protest Mama.

There are 2 Mamas...

#1 Mama Pentecost...The Acts 2:38 Church, which is the original Church and only Church of Jesus.

When a person is buried with Jesus in baptism (Romans 6:4) we are raised in newness of life. There is a spiritual tombstone that displays that person's name, now being dead in Christ. We are born again, and our new name bares Jesus name.

Correspondingly however, when a person is baptized with the nameless Matthew 28:19, the tombstone reads the name of the Harlot, "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

Reactions: Truther

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They protest Mama.

There are 2 Mamas...

You crack me up...

Sooo let me see if I understand what your men have taught you: The Catholic church is the "mama" and the daughter Protestant denominations that started during or shortly after the revolution of the 16th century have all had a great falling away. What your men have taught you is very fascinating to me. Your revolutionary men have fallen away from the original Protestant revolutionaries which fell away from the original Church and your men reject a 2,000 year teaching/practice but you still believe your men? Fascinating.....Sooooo your men, who fell away from the "daughter Protestant" denominations from a couple hundred years ago are right about baptism and the 2,000 year Christian teaching/practice concerning baptism is wrong? That is what your men have taught you?

Well, at least you have admitted that The Catholic Church IS the original Church (mama) and all other denominations have spawned off it (daughters)....including your ear tickling men.

Jokes of the day for Tuesday, 01 March 2022 | Jokes of the day

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism saves no one.....,
Oh goodness. Your men have lied to you. Let me tell you the truth Curtis: There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Bible study Mary

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness. Your men have lied to you. Let me tell you the truth Curtis: There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Bible study Mary
Do you even understand what an antitype is?

Obviously you don’t!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is talking about spiritual baptism, there Mary. That's his context in his entire epistles (1st and 2nd Peter). Baptism by water and the Spirit... which is what Jesus is talking about in His conversation with Nicodemus in John 3. And it's what Paul talks about in several places in his various epistles, too; Ephesians 2 and Colossians 2 come immediately to mind. So the water Peter is talking about is not physical water (H2O), but spiritual water, administered by the Holy Spirit. This is spiritual rebirth. This is what saves.

Physical water baptism is not what saves. It's a sacrament, like the Lord's Supper, or Communion, and a very important outward sign and seal of the covenant, but it is not what saves.

Grace and peace to you.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches that think baptism saves, keep baptismals ready so they can quickly baptize new believers, because they think water baptism is part of the gospel for salvation.

This is disprove$ by Paul saying that God sent him, NOT to baptize, BUT to preach THE GOSPEL.

If water baptism was for salvation, that makes it as important as having faith and repentance, yet Paul completely separates the gospel salvation by faith by saying he was sent to preach the gospel, but not sent to baptize.

If water regeneration was biblical fact, Paul would have been sent to do BOTH.

Paul states specifically how to be saved, in Romans 10:8-13, and there’s not a drop of water in the passage!

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach:

Rom 10:9 because if thou shalt confess with thy mouth Jesus as Lord, and shalt believe in thy heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved:

Rom 10:10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame.

Rom 10:12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him:

Rom 10:13 for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

NOTICE THIS:

In Mark 16, that says whoever believes and is baptized shall be saved, it’s the BELIEF that saves, and not the baptism, because it goes to say that it’s those who don’t BELIEVE that are damned - yet there’s no category of damnation there of those who believe BUT AREN'T BAPTIZED - as there would have to be, if water baptism was a requirement for salvation!

And Paul wrote many verses of warning to the brethren where he lists the sins that keep a believer from entering heaven, and lack of water baptism is not found in them - one passage is 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you even understand what an antitype is?

Obviously you don’t!
Yup Curtis. I, and the 2,000 year teaching of Christianity, DOES understand what an antitype is. That vs, IN CONTEXT, refers back to vs 20. Can you see now that your men have lied to you by cherry picking Scripture?

I will help you out. Give a copy of this to the men who taught you:
  1. BAPTISM AS AN "ANTITYPE"
    1. DEFINING "ANTITYPE"...
      1. The Greek word is antitupon {an-teet'-oo-pon}, which means "a thing formed after some pattern; that which corresponds to a type"
      2. So you have two things that some how relate or correspond to each other; one is a type, the other is the antitype
    2. HOW BAPTISM IS AN ANTITYPE...
      1. In our text, the waters of the flood are the "type", and the waters of baptism are the "antitype" - 1Pe 3:20-21. "The meaning here is, that baptism corresponded to, or had a resemblance to, the water by which Noah was saved; or that there was a use of water in the one case which corresponded in some respects to the water that was used in the other; to wit, in effecting salvation." (Commentary on 1st Peter)
        1. "The apostle does not say that it corresponded in all respects; in respect, e.g., to quantity, or to the manner of the application, or to the efficacy; but there is a sense in which water performs an important part in our salvation, as it did in his."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

What do you need, Roman Catholic, a 2000 year old video?LOL
Just as I thought.
Not a SINGLE Baptism Rite chronicled in the NT.

What YOU just presented was a PAST TENSE statement about a Baptism that took place.
The sad part is you YOU can't tell the difference.

They WERE Baptized "in the name of" the Lord Jesus means:
The WERE Baptized "by the authority of" the Lord Jesus.

Do you need the name of that Three Stooges movie again?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but rather:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (YHVH)..."

Again, Peter is saying the same thing in Acts 2:38, but his comments are tailored to who he's speaking to ~ Jews who knew that the Father and the Holy Spirit are together YHWH but until this moment did not realize that Jesus was the Christ, the Messiah.

Peter was among those who heard Jesus's words in Matthew 28 first hand, and his sermon in Acts 2 was only very shortly after hearing the words of Christ. How you and like-minded folks would suppose he's telling those Jews something different than what Jesus told him and the others is quite astounding.

How you would get the idea that I'm not is beyond me.

Grace and peace to you.
Did someone say "I baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins" while you were being submersed in the water?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 28:19 not being fulfilled, by actually invoking the name alluded to, very defiantly separates those who follow the Apostles doctrine from the Catholic Church AND all her daughters.
Yes it does.

This is the great division of Christendom....those who "parrot" Matt 28:19 and those that fulfill Matt 28:19 by obeying Acts 2:38.

The "parrots" are contentious and voluntarily blind.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person is buried with Jesus in baptism (Romans 6:4) we are raised in newness of life. There is a spiritual tombstone that displays that person's name, now being dead in Christ. We are born again, and our new name bares Jesus name.

Correspondingly however, when a person is baptized with the nameless Matthew 28:19, the tombstone reads the name of the Harlot, "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."
Also, the book of Rev says "come out of her(RCC), so you are not partakers of her plagues".

Fact is, everyone BETTER obey Acts 2:38.

This is the only way to leave the RCC.

Disobeying Acts 2:38 and parroting Matt 28:19 is Roman Catholic doctrine, without obtaining remission of sins.

Even skipping baptism "to be saved" is the end result of silly infant baptism per the RCC.

The RCC ruined baptism and her daughters(protestants) burned it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You crack me up...

Sooo let me see if I understand what your men have taught you: The Catholic church is the "mama" and the daughter Protestant denominations that started during or shortly after the revolution of the 16th century have all had a great falling away. What your men have taught you is very fascinating to me. Your revolutionary men have fallen away from the original Protestant revolutionaries which fell away from the original Church and your men reject a 2,000 year teaching/practice but you still believe your men? Fascinating.....Sooooo your men, who fell away from the "daughter Protestant" denominations from a couple hundred years ago are right about baptism and the 2,000 year Christian teaching/practice concerning baptism is wrong? That is what your men have taught you?

Well, at least you have admitted that The Catholic Church IS the original Church (mama) and all other denominations have spawned off it (daughters)....including your ear tickling men.

Jokes of the day for Tuesday, 01 March 2022 | Jokes of the day
No, there are 2 mama's.

1 mama is the church of Acts 2:38 beginning with the 3000 at Pentecost.

The fraudulent 2nd mama is the RCC and her protestant daughters.

The RCC protested the 1st mama that obeyed Acts 2:38 at Pentecost.

The RCC is the protest-ant of the original Acts church.

Catholics are the original protest-ants, as they protested Acts 2:38 in the 4th century until now.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as I thought.
Not a SINGLE Baptism Rite chronicled in the NT.

What YOU just presented was a PAST TENSE statement about a Baptism that took place.
The sad part is you YOU can't tell the difference.

They WERE Baptized "in the name of" the Lord Jesus means:
The WERE Baptized "by the authority of" the Lord Jesus.

Do you need the name of that Three Stooges movie again?
I see what Catholics teach.

They teach that the authority of Jesus' name comes without physically saying Jesus' name.

It is the thought that counts....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.