What is the narrow gate?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The great crowd in heaven are worthy, if they were unworthy they wouldn't be at the wedding banquet!
All who are at the wedding banquet are saved, and none are saved outside of Christ.
His blood was split for them, and his body was broken for them.
That is why the multitude should partake.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjw47 said:
Good thing Jesus didn't see it as you do he taught---- Keep on doing this in remembrance of me)--so there are some worthy( anointed) and some unworthy--Jesus' teachers know this fact.
Actually, it was Jesus who taught these things. Perhaps you should go back and read the gospels again, maybe 7 times (a good complete number of times) and perhaps you'll see what you've been missing, but I suggest you find a decent and reasonably accurate version of the scripture instead of the corrupted New World Translation, something like the New American Standard, the New King James version, or the English Standard version for example. These are among the most accurate translations, though even a paraphrase would be more accurate than an NWT version. The NIV is a comfortable read, though I wouldn't recommend the politically correct and gender corrected versions that have been published within the last 10 years or so.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Michael V Pardo said:
Actually, it was Jesus who taught these things. Perhaps you should go back and read the gospels again, maybe 7 times (a good complete number of times) and perhaps you'll see what you've been missing, but I suggest you find a decent and reasonably accurate version of the scripture instead of the corrupted New World Translation, something like the New American Standard, the New King James version, or the English Standard version for example. These are among the most accurate translations, though even a paraphrase would be more accurate than an NWT version. The NIV is a comfortable read, though I wouldn't recommend the politically correct and gender corrected versions that have been published within the last 10 years or so.
Agree!
Floyd.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Michael V Pardo said:

I Corinthians 11:27 = bible truth.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
kjw47 said:

By the context the warning in that verse is for the church. It was given because some were gorging themselves on the bread and becoming drunk on the wine that is symbolic of our Lord, leaving other brothers and sisters to go hungry.

Paul summarizes: I Corinthians 11:33 "So then, my brothers and sisters, when you gather to eat, you should all eat together. 34 Anyone who is hungry should eat something at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment."

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
When Charles Russel started the JW organization he proclaimed that his followers were the 144,000 chosen ones from the book of Revelation

OOPS !!! .... then he had a problem when there were going to be more than 144,000 followers .... so of course typical for Charley ... he had to make up a new story .

He then changed the story to say there would only be 144,000 JW's who were "heaven bound" .... and the rest were to stay on earth for Gods Kingdom to come down here.

Which of course was to happen several times in the 1800's and the 1900's and all his predictions turned out to be wrong (as usual)

Luck was on his side in 1914 .... Charley had predicted the coming of Jehovah's Kingdom in 1914 .... and lucky for him WW1 just happened to be going on so he said the war was Armageddon and the end of the world would happen shortly.

Trouble is , the war ended in 1918 , the world did not end , so Charley had to come up with yet another new story.

He said Jesus did return in 1914 except he is invisible. No kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people still believe Charleys stories .... even to this day. ... amazing how gullible folks can be.

The JW's do pass around the communion bread and wine during Easter .... but nobody partakes of it .... it is only the 144,000 who are allowed to partake .... but nobody really knows who they are.

Unbelievable.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
When Charles Russel started the JW organization he proclaimed that his followers were the 144,000 chosen ones from the book of Revelation

OOPS !!! .... then he had a problem when there were going to be more than 144,000 followers .... so of course typical for Charley ... he had to make up a new story .

He then changed the story to say there would only be 144,000 JW's who were "heaven bound" .... and the rest were to stay on earth for Gods Kingdom to come down here.

Which of course was to happen several times in the 1800's and the 1900's and all his predictions turned out to be wrong (as usual)

Luck was on his side in 1914 .... Charley had predicted the coming of Jehovah's Kingdom in 1914 .... and lucky for him WW1 just happened to be going on so he said the war was Armageddon and the end of the world would happen shortly.

Trouble is , the war ended in 1918 , the world did not end , so Charley had to come up with yet another new story.

He said Jesus did return in 1914 except he is invisible. No kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people still believe Charleys stories .... even to this day. ... amazing how gullible folks can be.

The JW's do pass around the communion bread and wine during Easter .... but nobody partakes of it .... it is only the 144,000 who are allowed to partake .... but nobody really knows who they are.

Unbelievable.
Arnie: the JWs are an impossible bunch!
They are a fear based group, and will change their teaching when it suits; quite similar to the RC Popes!
I have a friend, a lady, who was a "Watchtower Slave", she is a minefield of good information for us here.
What is notable about them is their tenacity in the negative, as you may have seen on the "defending the Trinity " thread.
Floyd.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:

Unbelievable.

It could be much worse--- I truly believe at judgement when 32, 999 religions need to explain why they allowed the young men( brothers in Christ) to blow each others heads off on the orders of corrupt men in their wars of hatred( rev war,civil war, ww1,ww2) The bloodguilt has amassed to the heavens-- Millions upon millions slaughtered while dragging Jesus name through the mud by throwing his teachings in the garbage to accomplish this atrocity. truly unbelievable.
If a war of hatred started today Christian country vs Christian country( actually prove they are not Christian)--the same will occur.
And the biggest hipocrosy ever to come on earth is the clergy praying to the same God on both sides for the quick destruction of the members of their own religionsssssssssssssssssss. truly unbelievable darkness.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjw47 said:
Here's a little news flash for you; the whole Bible is true and in agreement with itself. If you can't reconcile the text to the entire body of scripture, then you aren't understanding the text. The good news is that you can learn to understand it all if you place your trust entirely in the sacrifice of our Lord for the payment of your sin, and submitting to Him, receive His Spirit. I saw two ladies go up for the altar call this last Sunday (resurrection Sunday) to pray to receive Him, and those same two were sitting in front of me just a week before and carrying copies of the New World Translation (wonder of wonders.) Would you think that those two had abandoned the "narrow way" when they chose to place their trust entirely in Jesus Christ?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Michael V Pardo said:
Here's a little news flash for you; the whole Bible is true and in agreement with itself. If you can't reconcile the text to the entire body of scripture, then you aren't understanding the text. The good news is that you can learn to understand it all if you place your trust entirely in the sacrifice of our Lord for the payment of your sin, and submitting to Him, receive His Spirit. I saw two ladies go up for the altar call this last Sunday (resurrection Sunday) to pray to receive Him, and those same two were sitting in front of me just a week before and carrying copies of the New World Translation (wonder of wonders.) Would you think that those two had abandoned the "narrow way" when they chose to place their trust entirely in Jesus Christ?

The good news is that you can learn to understand it all if you place your trust entirely in the sacrifice of our Lord for the payment of your sin

Yes!

Floyd.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Michael V Pardo said:

Actually trinity translations contradict itself into teaching 2 different gods--a single being God--and a trinity god. Facts of history and the teachings of Jesus prove the single being God to be correct.--Jesus' God and Father--John 20:17, rev 3:12.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
kjw47 said:
Actually trinity translations contradict itself into teaching 2 different gods--a single being God--and a trinity god. Facts of history and the teachings of Jesus prove the single being God to be correct.--Jesus' God and Father--John 20:17, rev 3:12.
Sorry; you have it wrong again; but you will not see that until it is too late; unless you bow the knee prayerfully to Christ Jesus Messiah, "God with us"; King of Kings and Lord of lords.
Take the warning for the sake of your eternity; or demise!

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Floyd said:
Sorry; you have it wrong again; but you will not see that until it is too late; unless you bow the knee prayerfully to Christ Jesus Messiah, "God with us"; King of Kings and Lord of lords.
Take the warning for the sake of your eternity; or demise!

Jesus teaches to pray to his Father--You teach to pray to Jesus--who is correct?

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
kjw47 said:
Jesus teaches to pray to his Father--You teach to pray to Jesus--who is correct?
Jesus said; "I and my Father are one" : John 10:30.

So; what do you think?

Floyd.

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Floyd said:
Jesus said; "I and my Father are one" : John 10:30.

So; what do you think?

Floyd.
I agree Floyd--Jesus did teach that--it also went on to say that all true followers would be one with them--proving it means--one in purpose. because Jesus also taught--The Father is greater than I---both statements made while a mortal.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjw47 said:
Hogwash. Proper translations teach a God who is made manifest in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not three gods, Just One (as in the sh'mah, Hear O Israel the LORD our God, the LORD is One (Adonai aluhenu Adonai 'echad)). The Hebrew "echad" can be understood as the numeral one, but is also understood as a "unity" or union of one; the same word is used in the description of Eve being formed from Adam's rib and then joined to him: Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
Moses had a servant whose name was Oshea (or Hoshea) the son of Nun, and Moses chose to call this servant "Joshua" from which we get the Greek name "Jesus." The choice of naming by Moses was to fulfill a "type" of Christ, the name Joshua, son of Nun, having the meaning "Yah" our savior (or save us), son of perpetuity (eternal son). Moses understood that the One to come was Jesus and Moses spoke face to face with Him before He was born of the flesh of a woman. So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. Exodus 33:11
But we also see in the same chapter: And he said, "Please, show me Your glory.''
Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.'' But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.'' Exodus 33:18-20
In order for these verses to be non contradictory, the Lord must reveal Himself in more than one person, but He is still One Lord.
The fact that Jesus referred to God the Father and submitted to Him, and that the scripture commonly refers to Jesus as the Son of God, doesn't make Jesus less god than His Father, nor does it separate them: "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. John 14:10-11

More significantly, we find Jesus being called God by His disciple Thomas after His resurrection, and Jesus identifies this as belief in Him: And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!''
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.''
So it is only reasonable that I should call you to repentance and to believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord and our God. How can you go on in ignorance and blindness with these great truths plainly stated in scripture? Believe and be blessed!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Michael V Pardo said:
Hogwash. Proper translations teach a God who is made manifest in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, not three gods, Just One (as in the sh'mah, Hear O Israel the LORD our God, the LORD is One (Adonai aluhenu Adonai 'echad)). The Hebrew "echad" can be understood as the numeral one, but is also understood as a "unity" or union of one; the same word is used in the description of Eve being formed from Adam's rib and then joined to him: Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
Moses had a servant whose name was Oshea (or Hoshea) the son of Nun, and Moses chose to call this servant "Joshua" from which we get the Greek name "Jesus." The choice of naming by Moses was to fulfill a "type" of Christ, the name Joshua, son of Nun, having the meaning "Yah" our savior (or save us), son of perpetuity (eternal son). Moses understood that the One to come was Jesus and Moses spoke face to face with Him before He was born of the flesh of a woman. So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle. Exodus 33:11
But we also see in the same chapter: And he said, "Please, show me Your glory.''
Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.'' But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.'' Exodus 33:18-20
In order for these verses to be non contradictory, the Lord must reveal Himself in more than one person, but He is still One Lord.
The fact that Jesus referred to God the Father and submitted to Him, and that the scripture commonly refers to Jesus as the Son of God, doesn't make Jesus less god than His Father, nor does it separate them: "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. John 14:10-11

More significantly, we find Jesus being called God by His disciple Thomas after His resurrection, and Jesus identifies this as belief in Him: And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!''
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.''
So it is only reasonable that I should call you to repentance and to believe in Jesus Christ, our Lord and our God. How can you go on in ignorance and blindness with these great truths plainly stated in scripture? Believe and be blessed!

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
Michael V Pardo said:

Are you saying Jesus' truth is hogwash--- does this( John 17:1-6) not clearly teach 100% that --- the one who sent Jesus( Father = THE ONLY TRUE GOD. verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) -- the God of Abraham, Moses, David, Job, Noah, Daniel----- Matt,Mark,Luke,John--Paul( 1 cor 8:6) and Jesus --John 20:17, rev 3:12--- these truths cannot be denied.
Thomas was confused. The story is about his confusion and doubt.
Yes it is the Father YHWH(Jehovah) who is doing all of the works--through Jesus-acts 2:22)

It is the Father who is searching for suchlike ones to worship him in spirit and truth--he is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Jesus pointed all to his Father in everything he taught., never to himself--so does his teachers.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjw47 said:
Are you saying Jesus' truth is hogwash--- does this( John 17:1-6) not clearly teach 100% that --- the one who sent Jesus( Father = THE ONLY TRUE GOD. verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah) -- the God of Abraham, Moses, David, Job, Noah, Daniel----- Matt,Mark,Luke,John--Paul( 1 cor 8:6) and Jesus --John 20:17, rev 3:12--- these truths cannot be denied.
Thomas was confused. The story is about his confusion and doubt.
Yes it is the Father YHWH(Jehovah) who is doing all of the works--through Jesus-acts 2:22)

It is the Father who is searching for suchlike ones to worship him in spirit and truth--he is THE ONLY TRUE GOD.
Jesus pointed all to his Father in everything he taught., never to himself--so does his teachers.
No, I'm saying that your lies are hogwash.

And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!''
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'' John 20:28-29

This is the Truth that you have to submit to in order to know Him, and knowing Him is salvation.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Here's my 2 cents :)
Yes, I don't care what gate there is in heaven.
I WILL SURELY PASS THROUGH IT
Thank you Jesus for forgiving me of ALL my sins 26 years ago when you came into my garage.
PRAYER::::Please Lord show yourself to KJW before he takes his last breath...but way before that..so he can now proclaim your truth to the lost. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa....he's all yours Lord. KWJ stand by my friend....the Lord cometh :)
KJW.....forgive me :) I'm a little radical for Christ....I don't have to use scriptures....I'll just tell you of the one who sits by my side....come and join us.

KJW....I know what you're thinkin..........sheeeeeeeeesh this dude is nuts.........Look at it this way....lets say you and I are great buddies. We hang out all the time, we hunt, fish, work, and play. Where I am there you are, where you are there I am. So........why would I have to study about you?
I KNOW KJW PERSONALLY

I have no idea who you are, I can only go by the thoughts which leave your fingertips.
But my spirit tells me you are a wonderful person..
God bless you KJW :)