What is the new nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What I post is very biblical and not just my opinion, but the teachings of ministers that have been around for a long time. I know this comes as a complete shock to many of you who have been indoctrinated in the-old-nature-versus-the-new-nature theology. Most Christians have been taught to believe that after salvation, they are still the same at their core, and they live the rest of their lives trying to restrain this old nature. They believe they have two natures.
I think I will leave you to it, you sound confused in your understanding of scripture and seem to not understand that the Holy Spirit works in us, conforming us into the image of Christ.
The Christians of today believe they are alive to sin and it's with much effort, frustration, and failure that they battle this sin nature the rest of their lives. It now seems clear to me that this concept of what the Christians believe today is not what the Scriptures teach.

We experience a death to our old sin nature once we are baptized into Christ. It’s dead and gone because it does not exist anymore. We become totally new in our spirit when we are born again, and this is how our old nature has been completely changed. Our minds are similar to computers in the sense they can be programmed, and once programmed, they will continue to function as programmed until we reprogram them. And this is what Romans is talking about when it states we should renew our minds. Our old sin nature programmed our minds how to walk by the flesh when we were born in sin.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It’s not in the process of becoming new because it’s already as pure and perfect as it can be.
It’s the process of being conformed into Jesus image.
1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Amen.
Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
We don’t serve sin because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.
This is not something that has yet to happen or has to happen over and over. It’s a done deal because in our new, born-again spirit, we are dead to sin. And so our sin nature is dead and gone, but it left behind a body that has a carnal mind, and therefore it will still function as programmed until we reprogram it. It's what the New Testament calls the "renewed mind" when our lives are transformed by the process of reprogramming our thoughts.

Therefore, victory in the Christian life is as simple as renewing our minds to who we are and what we have already received in Christ. It’s not the struggle of two natures inside of us. We will continue to struggle with sin if we see ourselves as old sinners saved by grace. And so it's also true we will manifest the change that took place in our new nature when we understand we are not old sinners saved by grace. Thus, we act like being part of the senses world when we see ourselves as being part of the senses world. We act like being part of the Christian world when we see ourselves as being part of Christ—i.e., in our born-again spirits.
You have explained your own understanding of the new nature therefore an opinion.

Romans 8
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
Heirs with Christ
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Future Glory
(2 Corinthians 5:1–10)
18I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
God Works in All Things

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 8:29
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

New Living Translation
For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

English Standard Version
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Berean Standard Bible
For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers.

Berean Literal Bible
because those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to beconformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be firstborn among many brothers.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a long thread, and I enjoy many of the posts here. Thank you.

I have heard people claim that, once we truly have the New Nature, we are automatically forgiven. I have not found that in scripture.

I have compiled as list of what I can the "If verses" that show a condition situation. Big Boy Johnson has quoted several of them. I'll list them here, but first I think I'll offer a couple of examples that illustrate our willingness to jump out of "the hand from which we cannot be snatched." Bart Ehrman comes to mind as well as Richard Templeton. They both jumped. The evidence? They both deny Christ.

Matthew 7:21 ESV

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 10:22 ESV

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Matthew 13:3-8 ESV

And he told them many things in parables, saying: “A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Matthew 24:4-6 ESV

And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

Matthew 24:13 ESV

But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Matthew 24:24 ESV

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:13 ESV

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Luke 8:13 ESV

And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.

John 3:36 ESV

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

John 15:6 ESV

If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

Romans 2:6-8 ESV

He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

Romans 8:12-13 ESV

So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Romans 11:19-22 ESV

Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

1 Corinthians 10:12 ESV

Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.

1 Corinthians 15:2 ESV

And by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

Galatians 4:9 ESV

But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?

Galatians 6:8-9 ESV

For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Colossians 1:21-23 ESV

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.

1 Timothy 4:1 ESV

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

Hebrews 3:12-14 ESV

Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.

Hebrews 5:9 ESV

And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,

Hebrews 6:4-6 ESV

For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

Hebrews 10:26 ESV

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

James 5:19-20 ESV

My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

2 Peter 1:10 ESV

Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall.

2 Peter 2:20-22 ESV

For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

Revelation 2:4-5 ESV

“But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. ...

Revelation 3:2-5 ESV

Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

If it were not possible, we would not be warned against it. The idea of blotting us out of the Lamb's Book of Life should tell us that it is a real possibility. We had to be in that book before we can be blotted out of it.
I am also with you and @Big Boy Johnson on this point. Each person must seek God for himself and some of them in their sincerity God may redirect.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
both God and Jesus Christ.
You remind me that we are actually of very different mindsets concerning Who God is. But to answer your question, no, assumptions are never recommended.

Much love!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I will leave you to it, you sound confused in your understanding of scripture and seem to not understand that the Holy Spirit works in us, conforming us into the image of Christ.

It’s the process of being conformed into Jesus image.

Amen.

We don’t serve sin because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

You have explained your own understanding of the new nature therefore an opinion.

Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
Heirs with Christ
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.
Future Glory
(2 Corinthians 5:1–10)
18I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only that, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
God Works in All Things
I remember you from a different post. You're the one that post God's Word and I'm the one who posts my opinion of false information and that I'm confused. But you are posting God's Word.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I am close to the spirit of Christ, then I will function as a partner with the Lord whereby it becomes a joint effort. I believe the spirit of Christ is my new nature and therefore I have been able to function in it. To live in it, walk by it, and be in it. When I finally figured this out is when the lights turned on. Most of my life I believed I was in a battle between what I thought was my old man fighting against what I thought was my new man. Now I'm not fighting. I moved right in the darn thing. It seems to me one cannot walk in or by the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks it's fighting against our new nature.

Last night is when I took the red pill that released me from the Matrix. I was taught being in Christ meant I was in fellowship with God because I was walking upright in my flesh. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh. It now seems perfectly clear to walk in or by the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ. It's the same as having fellowship with Jesus Christ, which is also part of having the mind of Christ. Living in Christ is the same as being strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. There's a verse where Jesus says without me you can do nothing. Well, I'm never without him.

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am also with you and @Big Boy Johnson on this point. Each person must seek God for himself and some of them in their sincerity God may redirect.
My personal road has been very rocky, because I had knowledge given me by man but not by God. I had never really surrendered to Him. My life change greatly when I started to recognize all my shortcomings and worked on my relationship with Him. Sanctification takes a lifetime. My "old man" doesn't like admitting errors, but admitting and repentance are necessary to bring change. Each day is a day when I get another chance to be who God wants me to be.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the new nature?

Having laid down the OLD (Blood Life) unto Death….

And become MADE (by the Power of God) a New Life IN the Spirit, In the Likeness of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Spyder

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My personal road has been very rocky, because I had knowledge given me by man but not by God. I had never really surrendered to Him. My life change greatly when I started to recognize all my shortcomings and worked on my relationship with Him. Sanctification takes a lifetime. My "old man" doesn't like admitting errors, but admitting and repentance are necessary to bring change. Each day is a day when I get another chance to be who God wants me to be.
Hold fast to the Lord, my friend, and allow Him via the Holy Spirit to lead you. There are always men available to lead us, and some of them may be themselves led by the Spirit, but, I believe, that each us must find our own specific pathway, the one which the leads to where God is directing us. We may all be parts of the Body of Christ, but we are not all the same part, nor we do all have precisely the same purpose and function. Ultimately there is only One Head of the Body... and that is Jesus, not any man, not even the best of men of God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I don't know what you mean. The Bible does not say Christians are perfect. It says Christians cannot sin in Christ. Here's a few verses on that...

1 John 3 & 5
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not.
So do you ever sin?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the old mindset to deal with after we become Born Again...we have miraculously received the new nature once we are Born Again of imperishable seed.

We are not instantaneously made into Jesus image...that is the sanctification process.
Unfortunately rita, yo do not call it sin, but the bible calls it the carnal nature and says the carnal nature is at war with god. Even though a believer is in christ, He still must resist the temptation of the old mindset/carnal nature. Even though God has declared the old man dead (positionally) it still lives (experientially)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately rita, yo do not call it sin, but the bible calls it the carnal nature and says the carnal nature is at war with god. Even though a believer is in christ, He still must resist the temptation of the old mindset/carnal nature. Even though God has declared the old man dead (positionally) it still lives (experientially)
God says no such thing.

A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

That is the “ Living “ word of God..which I stand on 100%.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says no such thing.

A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

That is the “ Living “ word of God..which I stand on 100%.
God did say such a thing. And you say so as well. Just you use deceptive language so you do not have to own up to teh fact that you still sin and fall short of the glory of God!''

Read Corinthians and see that Paul calls our old mindset-"carnal". And that is sinful.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God did say such a thing. And you say so as well. Just you use deceptive language so you do not have to own up to teh fact that you still sin and fall short of the glory of God!''

Read Corinthians and see that Paul calls our old mindset-"carnal". And that is sinful.
This is where you lack spiritual understanding...we are Born Again we aren’t in the carnal...

The old mindset is being renewed daily..it does not sin......because we’re in the Spirit, we are Born Again of imperishable seed...our old nature is no more...we have a new nature, that new nature is in Christ....the Born Agains.

Romans 8:7​

“Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.”

You have no understanding of what Born Again of imperishable seed means.
Your post has no understanding of spiritual matters.

Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit.

What does manifestation of the Spirit mean and where does the gift of Faith manifest itself?

A Born Again does not continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed...there is no sin in a child of God...

You bear false witness , regarding a Born Again....as you don’t understand that Gods word is a “Living “ word...we are Born Again of imperishable seed and can “ NEVER “ sin.

Not even our old mindset sins....it just needs renewing as we have the mind of Christ?...

How would we know that we have the mind of Christ?

Do you know that Gods word never returns void it always accomplishes what is pleasing to Him?

What does that mean?

Do you actually believe that one must read their Bible for Gods word to be accomplished here on earth?

Gods word is “ Alive” in Spirit....now, the carnal mind, would certainly not understand what that means?

1 Corinthians 2

King James Version

2 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible says I cannot sin in him.

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
Amen!!!...plus a Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

That liveth and abideth forever.

The Holy Spirit liveth and abideth in our heart/ spirit....forever....we were Born Again of incorruptible seed, which is the Living word of God....

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we, daily, must walk in the spirit of God. When we neglect to do that, we end up walking in the flesh. For you who never walk in the flesh, I'm sure you are blessed. Me, I still have issues that I have to stomp down frequently. Temptations still exist in this world - so "in your face" kind of things. The Apostle Paul seemed to have trouble with that, too.

Ro 7:14–25 ESV For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!!...plus a Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

That liveth and abideth forever.

The Holy Spirit liveth and abideth in our heart/ spirit....forever....we were Born Again of incorruptible seed, which is the Living word of God....
I don't see "cannot go on sinning"
In my Bibles I see "sin"
The preachers had to add "keep going on sinning" because otherwise they cannot explain this...

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin, for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see "cannot go on sinning"
In my Bibles I see "sin"
The preachers had to add "keep going on sinning" because otherwise they cannot explain this...

Romans 6
How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin,

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law,

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

being made free from sin, and become servants to God,

1 John 3 & 5

Amen!!!..Praise God!

Great scripture posted there..thank you!