What is the new nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where you lack spiritual understanding...we are Born Again we aren’t in the carnal...

The old mindset is being renewed daily..it does not sin......because we’re in the Spirit, we are Born Again of imperishable seed...our old nature is no more...we have a new nature, that new nature is in Christ....the Born Agains.
YOu accuse me of lack of spiritual understanding then contradict Scripture.

Our old man, the old mindset is not being renewed, it has been declared dead. We have been given the mind of Christ and we are transformed by renewing the way we think- kick out the old and bring in the new by the study of His ?Word!

Yes we have a new nature and that new nature is incapable of sin. but we still contend with the4 old nature and all at times fall back into that old nature- you admitted as much though through playing a word game.

You are not sinlessly perfect in thought word and deed. Neither is Behold and Peterlag. You just carry a burden around because by nort acknoweldging th etimes you di fall short, you have unforgiveness not in you rposition as a child fo god but in your daily walk with Him.

Just lie a child when they disobey their parents. They are not removed as a child, but do not enjoy their fellowship wioth their parents because that sin blocks their fellowship though they have that relationship.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YOu accuse me of lack of spiritual understanding then contradict Scripture.
No contradiction of scripture from me.
Our old man, the old mindset is not being renewed, it has been declared dead. We have been given the mind of Christ and we are transformed by renewing the way we think- kick out the old and bring in the new by the study of His ?Word!
Nonsense the renewing of our minds is constant...we learn to think like Christ as we have that new nature in Christ...his word is Alive, that is where you lack spiritual understanding.
Yes we have a new nature and that new nature is incapable of sin. but we still contend with the4 old nature and all at times fall back into that old nature- you admitted as much though through playing a word game.
No we don’t our old nature died the minute we became Born Again, when we the received the new nature.

We still have the old mindset , that is what is being renewed constantly...we do not fall back into our old nature it’s dead, we have the old mindset that is being renewed.

You are not sinlessly perfect in thought word and deed. Neither is Behold and Peterlag. You just carry a burden around because by nort acknoweldging th etimes you di fall short, you have unforgiveness not in you rposition as a child fo god but in your daily walk with Him.
A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because we have been Born Again of ......imperishable seed, this is the part where you lack spiritual understanding as you don’t understand imperishable/ incorruptible seed.
Just lie a child when they disobey their parents. They are not removed as a child, but do not enjoy their fellowship wioth their parents because that sin blocks their fellowship though they have that relationship.
Nonsense, that’s your own spin/ opinion on sin.....no sin blocks any fellowship we have with God, because we have been set free from sin and death.
We have been Born Again of imperishable seed .

Romans 8:2
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

New Living Translation
And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

English Standard Version
For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Berean Standard Bible
For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No contradiction of scripture from me.

Nonsense the renewing of our minds is constant...we learn to think like Christ as we have that new nature in Christ...his word is Alive, that is where you lack spiritual understanding.

No we don’t our old nature died the minute we became Born Again, when we the received the new nature.

We still have the old mindset , that is what is being renewed constantly...we do not fall back into our old nature it’s dead, we have the old mindset that is being renewed.

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because we have been Born Again of ......imperishable seed, this is the part where you lack spiritual understanding as you don’t understand imperishable/ incorruptible seed.

Nonsense, that’s your own spin/ opinion on sin.....no sin blocks any fellowship we have with God, because we have been set free from sin and death.
We have been Born Again of imperishable seed .

Romans 8:2
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

New Living Translation
And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.

English Standard Version
For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

Berean Standard Bible
For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.

Renewing of the mind is happening when you set your mind on things above (Colossians 3:1-2) and you pull down the strongholds in your mind (2 Corinthians 10: 3-6). When you strive against sin and war against your flesh. If you don't make the efforts to do these things, then you are not renewing your mind. The old nature dies if/when you crucify the flesh. People are going to have their struggles and fall back to the old nature. There are going to be times when we can't do the things that we should. You're going to fall and rise again. It is going to be a battle. That's why the bible says fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12).

Sin separates you from fellowship with God (Isaiah 59:1-2). If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves (1 John 1:8). If we continue in God's word, then we have fellowship with him, and that's when he can set us free ( John 8:31-32) (1 John 1:7). Be not entangled with the yoke of bondage, that's when you're free (Galatians 5:1). Try not to sin and awake to righteousness (1 Corinthians 15:34).

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Renewing of the mind is happening when you set your mind on things above (Colossians 3:1-2) and you pull down the strongholds in your mind (2 Corinthians 10: 3-6). When you strive against sin and war against your flesh. If you don't make the efforts to do these things, then you are not renewing your mind. The old nature dies if you crucify the flesh. People are going to have their struggles and fall back to the old nature. There are going to be times when we can't do the things that we should. You're going to fall and rise again. It is going to be a battle. That's why the bible says fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12).
We aren’t in the flesh were in the Spirit.

Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Berean Standard Bible
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Renewing the old mindset is a daily occurrence...

We don’t have the old nature we are in the new nature as a Born Again.

A New Nature

The apostle Paul teaches that we are a new creature in Christ (2 Cor. 5:17), which has affected our nature, the very core of our inner being. Paul says, "You were formerly darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light" (Eph. 5:8). He doesn’t say we were in darkness, he says we were darkness. We “were by nature children of wrath” (Eph. 2:3). “Formerly, when you did not know God, you were enslaved to those that by nature are not gods” (Gal. 4:8). The apostle is referring to demons, idols, and people who we put on a pedestal. We are now “partakers of the divine nature” (2 Pet. 1:4), and bondservants of Christ.
Sin separates you from fellowship with God (Isaiah 59:1-2). If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves (1 John 1:8). If we continue in God's word, then we have fellowship with him, and that's when he can set us free ( John 8:31-32) (1 John 1:7). Be not entangled with the yoke of bondage, that's when you're free (Galatians 5:1). Try not to sin and awake to righteousness (1 Corinthians 15:34).
There is no sin in a Born Again, they have been Born Again of imperishable seed?

A Born Again doesn’t continue to sin because they have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed.

A Born Again has received the Living rebirth?

Tell me, what would happen to you, if you stopped reading your Bible?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Renewing of the mind is happening when you set your mind on things above (Colossians 3:1-2) and you pull down the strongholds in your mind (2 Corinthians 10: 3-6). When you strive against sin and war against your flesh. If you don't make the efforts to do these things, then you are not renewing your mind. The old nature dies if/when you crucify the flesh. People are going to have their struggles and fall back to the old nature. There are going to be times when we can't do the things that we should. You're going to fall and rise again. It is going to be a battle. That's why the bible says fight the good fight of faith (1 Timothy 6:12).

Have you ever considered that John was talking to the unbelievers when he said If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves (1 John 1:8)?

Cathy100

Jan 21, 2024
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever considered that John was talking to the unbelievers when he said If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves (1 John 1:8)?
He was talking to all believers and unbelievers both. God says if you say you have no sin you make him a liar we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Reactions: Angelina

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I clearly answered you. Why you cannot understand my answer is beyond me.
No, you merely gave an evasive answer. I asked you point blank if you sin anymore. It is a simple question that you know what it means. YOu are an intelligent person.

It is also a simple answer. You say either yes or no. Everything else that does not clearly say yes or no is just a dodge to try to keep from directly answering the question. And I am convinced you know that as well.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you merely gave an evasive answer. I asked you point blank if you sin anymore. It is a simple question that you know what it means. YOu are an intelligent person.

It is also a simple answer. You say either yes or no. Everything else that does not clearly say yes or no is just a dodge to try to keep from directly answering the question. And I am convinced you know that as well.
It's not my fault you cannot understand my answer that is clearly written. Christians do not sin in Christ. It's the "in Christ" that you do not understand so you want to drag me back in the flesh and throw sin in my face.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not my fault you cannot understand my answer that is clearly written. Christians do not sin in Christ. It's the "in Christ" that you do not understand so you want to drag me back in the flesh and throw sin in my face.
So yes or no: do you sin anymore? You know what is being asked and how to give the simple answer to a simple question.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wellthis is a dead issue.

You still believe you have your old mindset, but now do not commit sin ever 24/7 in thought word or deed. The word games you and behold and peterlag play are truly sad.

I hate dealing with this issue, because it makes it seem like I actually endorse sin in a persons life which I do not.

YOu should think through your claims, you claim you are not perfect yet, but do not sin at all! that is the definition of being perfect!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wellthis is a dead issue.

You still believe you have your old mindset, but now do not commit sin ever 24/7 in thought word or deed. The word games you and behold and peterlag play are truly sad.

I hate dealing with this issue, because it makes it seem like I actually endorse sin in a persons life which I do not.

YOu should think through your claims, you claim you are not perfect yet, but do not sin at all! that is the definition of being perfect!
Who claims I’m perfect...who claimed I was without sin....
If that’s your definition of being perfect..I don’t understand it, as it’s not said in the Spirit, it’s said in your own understanding of God’s word.

I’m perfect in Christ, the Father sees my sins no more, I have the new nature of Christ...all of my sins were forgiven past, present and future, why..because I am Born Again of imperishable seed...I don’t sin....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an absolute lie on your part.

I know that in christ is our position! I am dead yet still alive, I am perfect forever, yet still being sanctified! I also know that even though I am forever in "in christ" I can revert back to my old nature (which is dead but still alive) and commit sin.

I do not wish to drag you back into your flesh. You will do that on your own without any help from anybody.

But to conclude the matter, because you will not give the simple yes or no answer my question requires. I will simply assume you believe you do not sin at all in though word or deed 24/7 now. IOW from Hebrews not ony have you been perfected forever, but you also are fully sanctified now.

But an honest question for you so I can understand your thinking. If a person "in Christ" cannot sin, but they commit a sin, does that mean according to your belief that they are not in christ?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who claims I’m perfect...who claimed I was without sin....
If that’s your definition of being perfect..I don’t understand it, as it’s not said in the Spirit, it’s said in your own understanding of God’s word.

I’m perfect in Christ, the Father sees my sins no more, I have the new nature of Christ...all of my sins were forgiven past, present and future, why..because I am Born Again of imperishable seed...I don’t sin....
If you read what you just wrote, you would see it is you who claims you don't sin anymore.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is an absolute lie on your part.

I know that in christ is our position! I am dead yet still alive, I am perfect forever, yet still being sanctified! I also know that even though I am forever in "in christ" I can revert back to my old nature (which is dead but still alive) and commit sin.
This is nonsense..you can’t revert back to your old nature...you believe you have two natures...now that is most definitely confusion.

You can only have one new nature, that nature has been redeemed and is in Christ...it’s your old mindset that needs renewing...you don’t jump back and forth from the old Nature to the new Nature.

The old nature is dead to sin..period.
I do not wish to drag you back into your flesh. You will do that on your own without any help from anybody.

We’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit
But to conclude the matter, because you will not give the simple yes or no answer my question requires. I will simply assume you believe you do not sin at all in though word or deed 24/7 now. IOW from Hebrews not ony have you been perfected forever, but you also are fully sanctified now.
There is no sin in a Born Again, our sin is with Jesus he took it upon himself, when he died on that cross.
But an honest question for you so I can understand your thinking. If a person "in Christ" cannot sin, but they commit a sin, does that mean according to your belief that they are not in christ?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you read what you just wrote, you would see it is you who claims you don't sin anymore.
I don’t sin anymore...I’ve been set free from sin, when I became Born Again of imperishable seed...which I’m afraid you have no spiritual understanding of what imperishable seed means.

Do you actually understand this scripture?

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is nonsense..you can’t revert back to your old nature...you believe you have two natures...now that is most definitely confusion.
So Sade. Paul wrote about it in all His Epistles. He called the Corinthians saints, yet called them carnal.
I don’t sin anymore...I’ve been set free from sin, when I became Born Again of imperishable seed...which I’m afraid you have no spiritual understanding of what imperishable seed means.
So you behold and Peterlag are already fully sanctified or really deceived by bad teaching. We will let god decide that.

Reactions: Spyder

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So Sade. Paul wrote about it in all His Epistles. He called the Corinthians saints, yet called them carnal.

So you behold and Peterlag are already fully sanctified or really deceived by bad teaching. We will let god decide that.
Do you actually understand this scripture?
.you bear false witness of what a Born Again is...

My sin as a Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed..has been nailed to the cross and it’s all on Jesus.

Romans 8​

King James Version​