What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Recent Church Documents
continued...

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<snip>

I am the sort of fellow that will slap the snot out of a good friend for doing wrong. You have heard of the slogan "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" I don't let friends live stupid.

<snip>

Do you really think that this sort of violence is Christian behavior? Jesus said to turn the other cheek, not slap it!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a list of developments the Church has made in the last 100 years, (with one exception) that Grailhunter pretends aren't there.
  • Divini Redemptoris (On Atheistic Communism)
    Pope Pius XI, March 19, 1937
  • Mortalium Animos (On Religious Unity)
    Pope Pius XI, January 6, 1928
  • Rite Expiatis (On St. Francis of Assisi)
    Pope Pius XI, April 13, 1926
  • Octobri Mense (On the Rosary)
    Pope Leo XIII, September 22, 1891
  • Humanae Vitae (On the Regulation of Human Births)
    Pope Paul VI, July 25, 1968
  • Sicut Dudum (Against the Enslaving of Black Natives from the Canary Islands)
    Pope Eugene IV, January 13, 1435
  • Casti Connubii (On Christian Marriage)
    Pope Pius XI, December 31, 1930
Ok which one am I pretend is not there?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Recent Church Documents
I don't expect anybody to plow through that much volume, summaries are easy to find on line. But to say the Church must change, change, change is based on prejudice, ignorance, and blindness to the issues that threaten civilization.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really think that this sort of violence is Christian behavior?
Yes. Lets say that I am willing to go that extra mile to save a friend from going to hell.
Sometimes violence is evil.
But Christ was not evil for chasing the money changers from the temple with a knoted rope.
What is the reason for the violence....?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't expect anybody to plow through that much volume, summaries are easy to find on line. But to say the Church must change, change, change is based on prejudice, ignorance, and blindness to the issues that threaten civilization.
Not based on prejudice, ignorance, or blindness.....it is based on love.
I am not saying that the Catholic Church has not made improvements and it needs to continue, but there are things now that are kicking its tail. The improvements is how the Catholic Church has become a better Church.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More of your "Christian" ethic! Why the John Wayne, pseudo-macho, unChristian attitude?
Well you have sheep and I understand the sheep thing. And sheep are good, and some sheep will think that the shepherd is just too rough on those wolves.
As far as pedophiles....I have no tolerance and no mercy.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I am concerned they should be skinned alive.
But no church should try to cover it up and spend money to keep them out of prison or settle lawsuits.
Apparently, you didn’t pay attention to the lesson I gave you on civil and criminal cases from my last post.
Funny, how you never mention the problem in the Protestant sects, which is more prevalent that what happened in the
Catholic Church . . .
The Bible did not exist when the scriptures were written....Duh!
One of the red flags that point to false beliefs is if a theological term or phrase is built up but is not in the Bible. Trinity, Original Sin, fornication, etc are things that someone wanted people to believe. You can call God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit the Trinity but it is not one person.
Christianity 101:

God is revealed in Scripture as ONE Being manifested in THREE distinct Persons:
(Gen. 1:26,
Matt. 28:19, John 15:26, 1 Cor. 12:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14, 1 John 5:7, Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, Isa. 63:16, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13, Isa. 7:14, Isa. 9:6, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 15:9, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4, 2 Cor. 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Tit. 2:13, John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4)

The word, “Trinity” is simply an explanation for this reality – so it doesn’t need to be in the Bible, as it is REVEALED in the Bible.
SAME goes for the word “sanctified” in
1 Cor. 7:38
Settlements are paid in lieu of victims pressing criminal charges.
Settlements are paid in lieu of victims pressing criminal charges.
WRONG.
They are paid to victims filing CIVIL charges. Criminal charges are files by the state, not the victim – especially in felony cases.

If you’re gonna be an anti-Catholicdon’t be an ignorant one . . .

That is good advise you should take. Celibacy does not make you holy and the Catholic Church has proven that.
Correct – celibacy doesn’t make you holy – ANY more than sex makes you holy. What sanctifies the celibate person is the fact he is doing it for the service of God.

Paul refers to this self-denial of the flesh in service to God “mortification” because by this denial of the body, we DIE to the flesh so as to LIVE in the spirit:
"If you live after the flesh, you shall die, but if through the spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh, you shall live." (Romans 8:13; see also Col. 3:5, and Gal. 5:24).

It’s almost like you’ve NEVWER cracked open a
Bible . . .
Is that all ya got! Most anyone here can see what celibacy has done for the Catholic Church and that you are the one in denial.
The modern Catholic Church is far superior to it history, but it still has some serious issues that they need to change.
The Catholic Church has made official apologies for the sins and atrocities of its past. The very sins and atrocities that I have point out. So what I have said is true. The 90 theses that Martin Luther nailed to the castle church in Germany was not a lie and pointed out a lot of the corruption in the Church. And history proves the atrocities.

You have people like you that want to hold the Catholic Church back and prevent it from being a great Church. I mean you can read these posts, there are Protestants that think the Catholic Church is the devil and the Pope is the anti-Christ. It is people like you that are going to prevent that from changing.

Now you are probably thinking that I do not like the Catholic Church, but I love Catholics and the Catholic Church....believe it or not, I am fighting for the Church's future. Granted my approach is a little rough, I call it shaking the tree! I am the sort of fellow that will slap the snot out of a good friend for doing wrong. You have heard of the slogan "Friends don't let friends drive drunk" I don't let friends live stupid.

The clock is ticking and if the Church does not change things are going to go bad for them.
REALLY??

If celibacy in the priesthood has “caused” child molestationWHAT caused the molestation of even MORE children by MARRIED Protestant ministers??

I see you know as LITTLE about history as you do Scripture.
For your information – NOT all of Luther’s 95 (not 90) Theses were complaints. Some of them were agreements with the Church.

I’ve got a slogan for YOU –
“Friends don’t let friends LIE
- which YOU continue to do in spades.
If YOU don’t change, I fear that things will go badly for YOU . . .

Rev. 21L8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(ZENIT News – Catholic Vote / Washington, 03.15.2023).-
An act of vandalism against a Catholic church in Connecticut over the weekend marked a grim milestone: The 300th known attack on a Catholic church in America since the spring of 2020...
...CatholicVote has been tracking the attacks since the civil unrest that followed the death of George Floyd in May 2020. The riots started a wave of violence and vandalism against Catholic churches that only accelerated after the unrest died down...

...“This epidemic of violence against Catholic churches has created a climate of fear for Catholics around the country,” said Brian Burch, president of CatholicVote. “This is an unacceptable state of affairs –
no American should have to walk around wondering, ‘Is my church next?’” :contemplate:

In 2020 and 2021, most of the attacks appear to have been motivated by general anti-Catholic ideology, specifically from Black Lives Matter rhetoric. Since the Supreme Court draft opinion in the Dobbs case was leaked in May 2022, however, most of the attacks have been perpetrated by pro-abortion extremists. 140 of the attacks have taken place since the Dobbs leak last May.

Acts of vandalism now frequently feature spray-painted, threatening messages like “if abortions aren’t safe, neither are you.”

Garland admitted that federal law enforcement has prosecuted more pro-life Americans than pro-abortion radicals. Why? Because pro-life advocates make no secret of their activities, while the criminals who have attacked pro-life groups did so under cover of darkness.

“What Garland doesn’t admit here is the obvious: the pro-abortion attacks on Catholic churches and Catholic-run pro-life groups are criminal (which is why they act in secret),” said CatholicVote President Brian Burch. “Pro-life activists are there during the middle of the day because they know what they are doing is legal and protected by the U.S. Constitution.”
read more here

Perhaps Grailhunter can offer suggestions as to what the Church needs to change in order to avoid such attacks. I'll wait right here for a thoughtful reply.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe people are holy only God.
Then you reject the Word of Almighty GOD, which says He is MAKING us holy (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, 7:1, Phil. 2:12, Heb 12:14).
Like I said skin em alive!
And what Protestants do is evil and what the Catholics do is evil. But the Protestants do not have a centuries old system for cover ups. And when it comes to Nuns...a system that has control of them.....as the Pope has apologized for.
Most of the Protestant churches are to small to pay millions of dollars for settlements.
You said a MOUTHFUL.

This is precisely the reason why lawyers went after the Catholic Church and NOT the smaller Protestant sects.

In Protestant author, Philip Jenkins’ book, Pedophiles and Priests – he explains that the molestation problem is FAR WORSE in the Protestant sects. Unfortunately, because many of them are not insured, there was NO MONEY in it for the lawyers, so the cases were never pursued.
Jenkins lays out the FBI statistics as well as the statistics from the Insurance companies.

I suggest you do some
HOMEWORK . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I challenge you to name ONE Protestant who apologized for their centuries old atrocities,
I know of no Protestant who is Centuries old…LOL

That is a corrupt secular mind set that thinks One person can make apologies for the actions of another!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most anyone here can see what celibacy has done for the Catholic Church and that you are the one in denial.
Plenty of scholarly studies have been done on this matter; there isn't a shred of evidence that celibacy contributes in any way to scandals. The onus is on you to find one that supports your diabolical myth making. Prove your despicable claim or stop scourging my Lord's Body with your relativistic liberalism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of no Protestant who is Centuries old…LOL

That is a corrupt secular mind set that thinks One person can make apologies for the actions of another!
Sooooo, a President can't apologize to another country for an international incident cause by his country??
It's a good thing people don't take YOUR advice . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(ZENIT News – Catholic Vote / Washington, 03.15.2023).-
An act of vandalism against a Catholic church in Connecticut over the weekend marked a grim milestone: The 300th known attack on a Catholic church in America since the spring of 2020...
...CatholicVote has been tracking the attacks since the civil unrest that followed the death of George Floyd in May 2020. The riots started a wave of violence and vandalism against Catholic churches that only accelerated after the unrest died down...

...“This epidemic of violence against Catholic churches has created a climate of fear for Catholics around the country,” said Brian Burch, president of CatholicVote. “This is an unacceptable state of affairs –
no American should have to walk around wondering, ‘Is my church next?’” :contemplate:

In 2020 and 2021, most of the attacks appear to have been motivated by general anti-Catholic ideology, specifically from Black Lives Matter rhetoric. Since the Supreme Court draft opinion in the Dobbs case was leaked in May 2022, however, most of the attacks have been perpetrated by pro-abortion extremists. 140 of the attacks have taken place since the Dobbs leak last May.

Acts of vandalism now frequently feature spray-painted, threatening messages like “if abortions aren’t safe, neither are you.”

Garland admitted that federal law enforcement has prosecuted more pro-life Americans than pro-abortion radicals. Why? Because pro-life advocates make no secret of their activities, while the criminals who have attacked pro-life groups did so under cover of darkness.

“What Garland doesn’t admit here is the obvious: the pro-abortion attacks on Catholic churches and Catholic-run pro-life groups are criminal (which is why they act in secret),” said CatholicVote President Brian Burch. “Pro-life activists are there during the middle of the day because they know what they are doing is legal and protected by the U.S. Constitution.”
read more here

Perhaps Grailhunter can offer suggestions as to what the Church needs to change in order to avoid such attacks. I'll wait right here for a thoughtful reply.
What convoluted gobbledygook.

A group of BLM protest a black man’s death.

A group of Catholics begin tallying Catholic Church vandalism since BLM began their protest.

Pro abortionists appear to be heavily involved in perpetrating Vandalism at Catholic Churches.

And somehow you think Protestants should solve your Catholic Church’s Vandalism problem?

Vandalism of a Protestant Church is a Civil matter.
The Protestant Church is a separate entity from government.
The Catholic Church and the Catholic Government Governing Authority is one and the same entity.

Perhaps the Pope should send his police and army to protect his Catholic Churches where Vandalism is causing problems.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Matter is evil!” was the cry of the Gnostics. This idea was borrowed from certain Greek philosophers. It stood against Catholic teaching, not only because it contradicts Genesis 1:31 (“And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good”) and other scriptures, but because it denies the Incarnation.

If matter is evil, then Jesus Christ could not be true God and true man, for Christ is in no way evil. Thus many Gnostics denied the Incarnation, claiming that Christ only appeared to be a man. Some Gnostics, recognizing that the Old Testament taught that God created matter, claimed that the God of the Jews was an evil deity who was distinct from the New Testament God of Jesus Christ. They also proposed belief in many divine beings, known as “aeons,” who mediated between man and the ultimate, unreachable God. The lowest of these aeons, the one who had contact with men, was supposed to be Jesus Christ.
I do not believe people are holy only God.
People are made of physical matter, which suggests Grailhunter has a re-packed form of Gnosticism, as nothing can be holy except God.
Anti-trinitarians are so screwed up they don't know what it is they deny.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty of scholarly studies have been done on this matter; there isn't a shred of evidence that celibacy contributes in any way to scandals. The onus is on you to find one that supports your diabolical myth making. Prove your despicable claim or stop scourging my Lord's Body with your relativistic liberalism.
Oh good grief…mankind was made to reproduce and we’re created with natural urges for sexual encounters to effect reproduction.

Promising to be celibate is to promise to pretend natural urges can be suppressed with words.

Priests (supposedly) promising to be celibate, weekly seeing beautiful women, and ( no doubt) the women have made no celibate promise, flirt, seek attention, concoct efforts for private meetings…
Don’t be naive.
As well, Priests all in the same celibate boat, certainly have and do know how to approach other Priests willing to engage in secret homosexual affairs.
Attraction of adults to children is simply another method of fulfilling their own natural desires.

It’s not a big secret anymore…but that does not mean the issue has subsided.

Compelling a man (Priest) to be unnatural IS:
Against what God created and made natural and called very good.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh good grief…mankind was made to reproduce and we’re created with natural urges for sexual encounters to effect reproduction.

Promising to be celibate is to promise to pretend natural urges can be suppressed with words.

Priests (supposedly) promising to be celibate, weekly seeing beautiful women, and ( no doubt) the women have made no celibate promise, flirt, seek attention, concoct efforts for private meetings…
Don’t be naive.
As well, Priests all in the same celibate boat, certainly have and do know how to approach other Priests willing to engage in secret homosexual affairs.
Attraction of adults to children is simply another method of fulfilling their own natural desires.

It’s not a big secret anymore…but that does not mean the issue has subsided.

Compelling a man (Priest) to be unnatural IS:
Against what God created and made natural and called very good.
This entire rant is nothing more than a person who lacks the dedication and resolve that Paul had being angry with those who DO have that dedication and resolve.

As to your last whiny comment i RED - God DID say that man and woman together was good.
A celibate person serving God is called
"Even BETTER" (1 Cor. 7:38) . . .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a closer peek at it . Look at the root of it .
They were killed for NOT admitting to witchcraft . No lamb can admit to a lie .
And upon farther examination , i seem to notice properties were seized . Some who had much
were accused of being witches and their properties taken and given to , YOU GOT IT those who desired such properties .
And if folks actually examined the girls who did the so called accusations , IT SEEMS they were the ones UNDER
the WITCHCRAFT . THESE girls had been messing around
in the woods with witchcraft . THEN SUDDENLY they go into these coma like states
and upon waking up , THEY BEGIN ACCUSING . Not a lick of this adds up . NO TRUE Leaders of any church
WOULD have bought into these lies . Not to mention
WHEN were we , as christains ever taught to put ANYONE TO DEATH .
Rather we are to cast out such who pratice such things . I SEE THE DEVIL ALL OVER THIS .
You do realize that these men and women they accused , WERE actually christains being accused of lies
and in some cases , IT was for their property . exactly .
I do realize.
I was just saying, ..... politics.
Wolves in sheeps clothing are everywhere.
Hugs

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo