What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is proof that you don't read the Bible that you claim to rely on for ALL of your truth.

The Jews depended on TWO pillars of revelation in the OT:
The WRITTEN Word of God (Scripture)
The ORAL Word of God (Tradition)

This didn't "magically change" in the NT.
It is precisely WHY Paul tells his readers:
2 Thess. 2:15

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

Notice that Paul doesn't say - "ONLY hold fast to what is written."
BOTH the written AND the oral are held to the SAME standard.

YOUR view is ANTI-Biblical . . .

There are Few that listen to Jesus on earth. Because they aren't taught what he teaches. Just a little of it. One must be taught all of it. A blind guide assured them they were saved and they believed it so learned little. And were taught little. Jesus teaches this-- Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT--Without fail those teaching that have Jesus as their head teach every utterance to the flock without fail. And the true disciples learn and apply every utterance without fail.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - WHAT did I say??

I said confirmation does not USUALLY take place until the adolescent years
(14-16).
YOU falsely said that it "TYPICALLY" occurs at 7 or 8 years of age.

Pay attention . . .
I ALSO stated that this was the case for the Latin/Toman Rite.
It is done at earlier ages in the
Eastern Eites.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Few that listen to Jesus on earth. Because they aren't taught what he teaches. Just a little of it. One must be taught all of it. A blind guide assured them they were saved and they believed it so learned little. And were taught little. Jesus teaches this-- Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT--Without fail those teaching that have Jesus as their head teach every utterance to the flock without fail. And the true disciples learn and apply every utterance without fail.
And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that YOU claim that if it's not in the Bible - it's NOT true.

This is a Scripturally-Bankrupt statement.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ALSO stated that this was the case for the Latin/Toman Rite.
It is done at earlier ages in the
Eastern Eites.
How about Catholic truths? They Pope and clergy allowed the brothers in Christ to stand on both sides of wars of hatred.( Rev war, civil war, ww1, ww2) They even allowed them to kill their own brothers for a man named Adolf Hitler after they voted him into power. They had the gaul to pray to the same God on both sides while telling both sides God was on their side=pure hipocrisy.
Exodus 20:4--You must not make for yourself a carved image)--As well statues, and icons are condemned. Yet Catholicism homes and churches are filled with all 3.
Matt 23:9)Do not call any man Father( in a spiritual teacher sense) yet they do that as well. The Pope has the gaul to elevate himself into Gods position by being called holy Father--He fathered 0 spiritual things. God fathered all of it.
The list goes on and on.
I don't say it to be mean, i say it because its fact of life.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that YOU claim that if it's not in the Bible - it's NOT true.

This is a Scripturally-Bankrupt statem

This is a Scripturally-Bankrupt statement.
How can one prove its truth if not in the bible?

Reactions: Taken

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is proof that you don't read the Bible that you claim to rely on for ALL of your truth.

The Jews depended on TWO pillars of revelation in the OT:
The WRITTEN Word of God (Scripture)
The ORAL Word of God (Tradition)

This didn't "magically change" in the NT.
It is precisely WHY Paul tells his readers:
2 Thess. 2:15

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

Notice that Paul doesn't say - "ONLY hold fast to what is written."
BOTH the written AND the oral are held to the SAME standard.

YOUR view is ANTI-Biblical . . .
But you cling to fantasies that are not there.

Reactions: Taken

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How about Catholic truths? They Pope and clergy allowed the brothers in Christ to stand on both sides of wars of hatred.( Rev war, civil war, ww1, ww2) They even allowed them to kill their own brothers for a man named Adolf Hitler after they voted him into power. They had the gaul to pray to the same God on both sides while telling both sides God was on their side=pure hipocrisy.
Exodus 20:4--You must not make for yourself a carved image)--As well statues, and icons are condemned. Yet Catholicism homes and churches are filled with all 3.
Matt 23:9)Do not call any man Father( in a spiritual teacher sense) yet they do that as well. The Pope has the gaul to elevate himself into Gods position by being called holy Father--He fathered 0 spiritual things. God fathered all of it.
The list goes on and on.
1679351133596.jpeg

Reactions: Philip James

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - WHAT did I say??

I said confirmation does not USUALLY take place until the adolescent years
(14-16).
YOU falsely said that it "TYPICALLY" occurs at 7 or 8 years of age.

Pay attention . . .
From what I am reading the hold off for confirmation is something that is more common now.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The list goes on and on.
Your "facts" have been reputed and exposed as lies 1000 times on this board, and you are being mean. It's automatic with anti-Catholics. Your "facts of life" is rooted in bigotry, ignorance and prejudice. I'm willing to discuss anything with you in a civilized manner; I don't tolerate Ku Klux Klan theology for very long.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like I said, no stress ministry. I do not care if you believe.....my job is to put the truth out there.
No, your job is to destroy faith, the final conclusion of Modernism, the synthesis of all heresies. You are a Modernist. You view history through Modernist lenses.
The Bible doesn't spell out how wedding ceremonies are performed, and neither does it spell out the exact method for a valid baptism.
If we apply your reasoning of wedding ceremonies with baptism, where does that leave you?

1679353115687.png

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I am reading the hold off for confirmation is something that is more common now.
No - it has been this was for a LONG time.
Perhaps YOU were confirmed in a different Liturgical Rite - Byzantine? Maronite?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your justification for saying that there are few that listen to Jesus on earth? Have you polled the entire planet and determined who listens to Jesus?

How do you know what the people all over the planet are taught?

Please stop the self-glorification!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The list goes on and on.
There is NO such thing as "Catholic truth". Truth is objective and does not require an adjective.

As for statues and images - they are NOT condemned, Einstein.
God forbade the WORSHIP if images, making them IDOLS. He commanded Moses to make 2 Golden Cherubim to place atop the Ark (Exod. 25:18-20) and a Bronze Serpent so that those who gazed upon it would be cured (Num. 21:4-9)..
TWO more examples of your Biblical-illiteracy . . .

As for Matt. 23:9, Jesus wasn't forbidding that anyone call theor father, "Father".
He was talking about the Pharisees who exalted themselves above everyone else and implying that THEY were fathers and teachers ABOVE our Father and Teacher in Heaven.
Consider the following passages:

- Jesus said, “Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.” (John 8:56).
- Stephen refers to "our father Abraham," (Acts 7:2).
- Paul speaks of "our father Isaac” (Romans 9:10).
- For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:14–15).
- "For this I was appointed a preacher and apostle . . . a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth" (1 Tim. 2:7).
- "For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher" (2 Tim. 1:11).

- "God has appointed in the church first Apostles, second prophets, third teachers" (1 Cor. 12:28).

YOU
don't know how to rightly-divide the
Word of God . . .

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He missed the facts i showed.
Catholicism leaders signed the concordance with Hitler to put him into power. They allowed the young men to kill for him, not only The JEWs and JW,S in the concentration camps but the members of their same religion who stood on the allied side=100% fact of history. It doesn't get any darker than that darkness. It takes throwing Jesus away who teaches--LOVE, PEACE AND UNITY. Not do the opposite because a govt says its ok.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't show me anything. Again, what is the "one Christian religion" that has the perfect truth?
Jesus said they would be hated because the world hated him first. The ones taking the lead in Jesus' religion teach-EVERY utterance from God without fail. So any can look at the ones taking the lead in their religion and already know 100% if that is being done or not.