What is the point of a forum if you cannot speak?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
There is unity and diversity in Christianity. (That doesn’t mean that all forms of Christianity are equal.) Different types of sub forums is, in my opinion, a better route to take than suppressing discussion of a topic or topics. The owner and powers that be may or may not eventually come to that conclusion. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I’m going to try to comply with the new (current) policy. I recommend that course of action to others, but will add that others should do whatever they think best in regard to the matter.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
@Angelina what do you think? :)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If salvation comes from the heart through confession of faith in Christ, then you know you are saved, right?

And you also know that you have the indwelling Holy Spirit as Paul said in Eph. 1:13, right?

I don't have Holy Spirit which is God in me. I have His gift of holy spirit in me. Right?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm an Independent Baptist. So I'll know who I'm talking to, what is your denomination?
What is an "Independent Baptist"? And how does your denomination differ from other "Baptist" denominations?
Do you see the problem here Charlie24? 'The Christ exists divided' even among those who claim the same basic denomination.

Do you think God judges us by what we call ourselves? Label wearing is ridiculous from God's standpoint.....and yet if there were no 'labels' indicating what beliefs are held by a certain group, how would anyone know what their beliefs were? People can go online and find out the basic teachings of those thousands of "denominations", otherwise, how would anyone differentiate one from another? Christianity would be a free for all! Although I suppose, it already is....thousands of people, all claiming to be right, when they disagree with one another.
Is "Christianity" one "umbrella" describing those who are disunited? (1 Corinthians 1:10) How can it be?

I came out of the Anglican church because the hypocrisy I witnessed there made me sick. I saw them flout the teachings of Jesus whilst making excuses for doing so. Who will accept those excuses? Not Jehovah, that's for certain. (Matthew 7:21-23) Jesus is his appointed judge and because a hated "few" are on the road to life, (Matthew 7:13-14) I was looking for those who would teach me Bible truth whilst at the same time, living up to the teachings of God's son to the best of their ability as imperfect humans.

I searched in Christendom's denominations for those who people...but never found them....they found me by doing what Christ commanded his disciples to do. (Matthew 10:11-14; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 20:20)

If Christendom as a whole, bases their beliefs on the foundation laid by the Roman Catholic church, then according to my studies, they are all in the same hole.....an enormous grave dug for them by God's enemy, who will not go down in there alone.
The "tares" are dictating your doctrines....in case you hadn't noticed?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If salvation comes from the heart through confession of faith in Christ, then you know you are saved, right?

And you also know that you have the indwelling Holy Spirit as Paul said in Eph. 1:13, right?
John said something just like this .
HE said these things have we written unto you so that ye may KNOW YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE and that YE MAY BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
HE said KNOW that YE have eternal life . Yet today some are teaching we cannot truly know we are saved .
I dont know what gospel or jesus they been following , BUT THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE said COME YE UNTO ME and ye shall HAVE
ETERNAL LIFE . Exactly . The question is , what jesus are folks following . What jesus are folks trusting in
what jesus do folks love . CAUSE IF it aint the biblical Christ, well i got real bad news . cause satan and his men
can use the NAME of JESUS and yet watch OUT , ITS NOT GONNA BE THE BIBLICAL ONE they lead ya too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have well said that satan loves to counterfeit the things of GOD , THEY ARE RIGHT
so marvel not if satan can create a counterfiet love , god , christ . BETTER WATCH OUT MY FRIENDS .
Cause many are following another jesus and another gospel , and it wont save them .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have Holy Spirit which is God in me. I have His gift of holy spirit in me. Right?

Didn't Paul say that we were sealed by the Holy Spirit after we believe, which is the down payment on our inheritance? Eph. 1:13-14

How is it that you say you don't have the Holy Spirit if you are a believer? Something is wrong with this, Peterlag!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is an "Independent Baptist"? And how does your denomination differ from other "Baptist" denominations?
Do you see the problem here Charlie24? 'The Christ exists divided' even among those who claim the same basic denomination.

Do you think God judges us by what we call ourselves? Label wearing is ridiculous from God's standpoint.....and yet if there were no 'labels' indicating what beliefs are held by a certain group, how would anyone know what their beliefs were? People can go online and find out the basic teachings of those thousands of "denominations", otherwise, how would anyone differentiate one from another? Christianity would be a free for all! Although I suppose, it already is....thousands of people, all claiming to be right, when they disagree with one another.
Is "Christianity" one "umbrella" describing those who are disunited? (1 Corinthians 1:10) How can it be?

I came out of the Anglican church because the hypocrisy I witnessed there made me sick. I saw them flout the teachings of Jesus whilst making excuses for doing so. Who will accept those excuses? Not Jehovah, that's for certain. (Matthew 7:21-23) Jesus is his appointed judge and because a hated "few" are on the road to life, (Matthew 7:13-14) I was looking for those who would teach me Bible truth whilst at the same time, living up to the teachings of God's son to the best of their ability as imperfect humans.

I searched in Christendom's denominations for those who people...but never found them....they found me by doing what Christ commanded his disciples to do. (Matthew 10:11-14; Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 20:20)

If Christendom as a whole, bases their beliefs on the foundation laid by the Roman Catholic church, then according to my studies, they are all in the same hole.....an enormous grave dug for them by God's enemy, who will not go down in there alone.
The "tares" are dictating your doctrines....in case you hadn't noticed?

So you're going to ignore my question. What denomination are you, are you JW?

If you can't tell me as I told you, then we have nothing to talk about.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Paul say that we were sealed by the Holy Spirit after we believe, which is the down payment on our inheritance? Eph. 1:13-14

How is it that you say you don't have the Holy Spirit if you are a believer? Something is wrong with this, Peterlag!
The Holy Spirit is God. The holy spirit that you speak of is His gift.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is God. The holy spirit that you speak of is His gift.

This is what I'm talking about! Denial of basic biblical principles, and on a Christian Forum!

Peterlag, are you a JW?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so continues the stirring of this alphabet soup.........lots of letters without God's words!
God alone is the Master I follow and serve. I came from a pentecostal background ( not snake handling kind) and I am thankful to have been taught all the word. The Holy Spirit is still here today trying to keep God's church in order.

I do not attend any church institution. I read, pray, study, and yield to the Spirit to guide me. Fellowship and agreement in the world comes through the Spirit in those he puts in my path.

There is a remnant ppl,be sure you are part of that and not fabric of the whole cloth !

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I'm talking about! Denial of basic biblical principles, and on a Christian Forum!

Peterlag, are you a JW?
I'm beginning to think you do not know the difference between Holy Spirit and holy spirit. Here maybe this will help...

The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm beginning to think you do not know the difference between Holy Spirit and holy spirit. Here maybe this will help...

The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.

This is philosophy, not Christian faith! None of this is Biblical, Peterlag.

Are you a JW?

Reactions: marks

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you're going to ignore my question. What denomination are you, are you JW?

If you can't tell me as I told you, then we have nothing to talk about.
Yes I am a JW....I thought I made that very clear in my description......no one else fits the profile....do they?

I have a feeling that we will have nothing to talk about anyway.... :ummm: Why else would you say that?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am a JW....I thought I made that very clear in my description......no one else fits the profile....do they?

I have a feeling that we will have nothing to talk about anyway.... :ummm: Why else would you say that?

Answer me this, Jane, is it the intensions of the JW's here to take over this website?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is philosophy, not Christian faith! None of this is Biblical, Peterlag.

Are you a JW?
Nope... not a JW and never was. The sad news is that if my understanding of the Bible is biblical. Well, then maybe yours is not biblical.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many have well said that satan loves to counterfeit the things of GOD , THEY ARE RIGHT
so marvel not if satan can create a counterfiet love , god , christ . BETTER WATCH OUT MY FRIENDS .
Cause many are following another jesus and another gospel , and it wont save them .
Isn't it good that Jesus is the judge and not you or I, or in fact any of us....? He knows those who belongs to him, and he knows those who only pretend to be something they are not. (Matthew 7:21-23)

Reactions: Cassandra

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What on earth gave you that idea? Many of those here who deny the trinity are not JW's...its not exclusive to us you know....

It's not just the Trinity that being pushed here by the JW's, it's a whole different belief system than that of a Christian.

The problem is that this handful pushing this belief are going under the name of Christian!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will comment on that too. It's there website and they have the right to manage it the way they see fit. I have a website and advertise on Facebook. I too delete a whole bunch of stuff that I feel is not supporting my beliefs.

"I too delete a whole bunch of stuff that I feel is not supporting my beliefs."

Hello Peterlag,
These new rules have not a thing to do with what this message board believes.
Have you read the statement of faith?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope... not a JW and never was. The sad news is that if my understanding of the Bible is biblical. Well, then maybe yours is not biblical.

OK, as I said, I'm an Independent Baptist, what is your denomination? Need to know who I'm speaking with.

Status
Not open for further replies.