What is the point of a forum if you cannot speak?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Didn't Paul say that we were sealed by the Holy Spirit after we believe, which is the down payment on our inheritance? Eph. 1:13-14

How is it that you say you don't have the Holy Spirit if you are a believer? Something is wrong with this
If I may respond to this....?
Ephesians 1:13-14 is speaking of God's "elect"......so this 'sealing' does not take place with those who are NOT chosen for a role in heaven as a fellow 'ruler' with Christ and as "priests" in his Kingdom, where he is himself, "High Priest". (Hebrews 3:1)

Paul made the differentiation in 1 Corinthians 1:2....
"To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours".
Do you see that the "saints" are "called"......"together with all who call on the name of our Lord Jesus, BOTH THEIR LORD AND OURS".....

The elect are called to be "saints" but not all Christians are so called, and will NOT therefore go to heaven. Jesus is the "LORD" of both groups.
Those who go to heaven are chosen by God, not men....and the rest will live on the earth where God intended for us to "live forever".

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In answer to the OP, forums are a way of communication among ppl across an international digital platform.

They are meant as a way for ppl to talk about certain subjects & topics.

What the failure is here is ppl are not like minded and each has their own interpretation or another's private interpretation of what God says.

Doctrinal beliefs are  only found in God's word! The problem is that ppl trust man rather than God to tell them what to believe and how to act. Whether it is rebellion for not wanting to obey or they want someone else to tickle their feelings that will be up to God to judge.

We are told to  NOTE those who walk contrary to God & his word.

Many ppl label themselves this or that but their words tell the TRUTH of who they are. Since I detest the term " christian" I don't bark against that title too much.
What a believer is ,I call somewhat different, yet to tell some to repent and be saved or ask are they saved is also a NO- NO.

Nevertheless each is known by their words and cannot hide!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's not just the Trinity that being pushed here by the JW's, it's a whole different belief system than that of a Christian.

The problem is that this handful pushing this belief are going under the name of Christian!
If you would bother to check the scriptural references given, you would see that everything we say is backed by God's word in its entirety. You can only get the big picture when you take the whole Bible as the word of God. Its one story from start to finish.

There are only a handful of JW's here....its just that what we say is controversial to you.....I used to believe what you believe....now I have rejected all of it because I found out where it came from.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may respond to this....?
Ephesians 1:13-14 is speaking of God's "elect"......so this 'sealing' does not take place with those who are NOT chosen for a role in heaven as a fellow 'ruler' with Christ and as "priests" in his Kingdom, where he is himself, "High Priest". (Hebrews 3:1)

Paul made the differentiation in 1 Corinthians 1:2....
"To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours".
Do you see that the "saints" are "called"......"together with all who call on the name of our Lord Jesus, BOTH THEIR LORD AND OURS".....

The elect are called to be "saints" but not all Christians are so called, and will NOT therefore go to heaven. Jesus is the "LORD" of both groups.
Those who go to heaven are chosen by God, not men....and the rest will live on the earth where God intended for us to "live forever".

Yes, you are definitely a JW.

The sealing of the Holy Spirit takes place with whosoever calls on the name of the Lord. Rom. 10:13

Yes we know that the JW's are the supreme election, They are special.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, as I said, I'm an Independent Baptist, what is your denomination? Need to know who I'm speaking with.

Oh I don't go to anybodies Church and so I'm not with any group. I have been studying the Bible on my own since 1982 and I have a pretty good understanding of it.
"I too delete a whole bunch of stuff that I feel is not supporting my beliefs."

Hello Peterlag,
These new rules have not a thing to do with what this message board believes.
Have you read the statement of faith?

I don't have an issue with what you delete. I too delete data from my Christian advertising page that I find is hurtful to Christian thinking.

Reactions: Nancy

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you would bother to check the scriptural references given, you would see that everything we say is backed by God's word in its entirety. You can only get the big picture when you take the whole Bible as the word of God. Its one story from start to finish.

There are only a handful of JW's here....its just that what we say is controversial to you.....I used to believe what you believe....now I have rejected all of it because I found out where it came from.

No, it's not backed by Scripture. I have been discussing some of that with one of your own.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not explain what that is in relation to other Baptist denominations.....

There are several reasons the Independents left the Convention.

We basically feel that the Southern Baptists have departed from the fundamentalism of Scripture.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I don't go to anybodies Church and so I'm not with any group. I have been studying the Bible on my own since 1982 and I have a pretty good understanding of it.

Not trying to be rude, just being honest. Your understanding of Scripture is strange to many of us.

I still don't know what constitutes salvation in your understanding. It seems you see it as a process.

Is that correct or please explain.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not trying to be rude, just being honest. Your understanding of Scripture is strange to many of us.

I still don't know what constitutes salvation in your understanding. It seems you see it as a process.

Is that correct or please explain.
I don't know what a process means. Romans 10:9-10 are very clear and so I don't know what you can't seem to understand. So I will stop replying to you because I don't think you want my help but rather are just looking to bicker.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what a process means. Romans 10:9-10 are very clear and so I don't know what you can't seem to understand. So I will stop replying to you because I don't think you want my help but rather are just looking to bicker.

Just trying to understand what you believe about salvation.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, you are definitely a JW.
Yes...and proud of it, I might say. No one can explain scripture like they can.....
No one seems to see the big picture the way they do but it makes the most sense to me.
Can you explain what you think the big picture is?
The sealing of the Holy Spirit takes place with whosoever calls on the name of the Lord. Rom. 10:13
Paul disagrees with you. Read 1 Corinthians 1:2 again....not all who claim to be Christians have the sealing of the holy spirit because not all can be "saints". What do you think a "saint" is? Why does Paul say that both groups have the same LORD, but only one group are called "saints"?
Yes we know that the JW's are the supreme election, They are special.
That is not true actually.....the "elect" started to be gathered in the first century.....but Jesus warned that the devil would plant seeds of counterfeit "Christianity" in the world, and he was right.....by the 4th century, the "Christian" faith was anything but strong and pure (just as the apostles also warned), and therefore "the church" was ripe for the takeover of Roman Catholicism, at the instigation of its pagan emperor.
He was not a convert to Christianity but a worshipper of Zeus his whole life. He was the one who presided over many of the church's doctrinal decisions.

All of Christendom's doctrines come from the RCC, and were taken along at the Reformation by her rebellious daughters, so that all of those who claimed to follow the Christian faith at that time were equally misled by the same entity who is still behind "Babylon the great" today. We are told to get out of her....(Revelation 18:4-5) Any who remain in her will go down with her. Have you identified her?

I don't know where you have gleaned your information on JW's but I assure you none of it is true....it is just the devil doing to Christ's true disciples today what he did to them in the first century.....he has no new tricks and he can count on human nature to keep making the same mistakes that the first century Jews did......the inconvenient truth heralded by Jesus' disciples was countered by the Jewish leaders who painted them as apostate troublemakers. They figured that killing off their leader would make them go away......how wrong they were.

The "wheat" were practically choked out by the "weeds" for a time, but in the "time of the end" God would raise them up and educate them, cleansing them of all the spiritually unclean doctrines that satan had instilled in the people who were indoctrinated by the lies that had been fed to them for centuries. (Daniel 12: 4, 9-10)

The truth is hard to hear when you have been lied to all your life, but nothing will make the truth into a lie if God is the judge of what is true.
We will all know soon enough if we have what it takes to pass the final test. (Matthew 7:21-23) If "few" are on the road to life, then there can be no confidence in numbers.....

There are several reasons the Independents left the Convention.

We basically feel that the Southern Baptists have departed from the fundamentalism of Scripture.
Can you outline what doctrines you believe were discarded by them. and what you believe were "fundamental" to scripture?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...and proud of it, I might say. No one can explain scripture like they can.....
No one seems to see the big picture the way they do but it makes the most sense to me.
Can you explain what you think the big picture is?

Paul disagrees with you. Read 1 Corinthians 1:2 again....not all who claim to be Christians have the sealing of the holy spirit because not all can be "saints". What do you think a "saint" is? Why does Paul say that both groups have the same LORD, but only one group are called "saints"?

That is not true actually.....the "elect" started to be gathered in the first century.....but Jesus warned that the devil would plant seeds of counterfeit "Christianity" in the world, and he was right.....by the 4th century, the "Christian" faith was anything but strong and pure (just as the apostles also warned), and therefore "the church" was ripe for the takeover of Roman Catholicism, at the instigation of its pagan emperor.
He was not a convert to Christianity but a worshipper of Zeus his whole life. He was the one who presided over many of the church's doctrinal decisions.

All of Christendom's doctrines come from the RCC, and were taken along at the Reformation by her rebellious daughters, so that all of those who claimed to follow the Christian faith at that time were equally misled by the same entity who is still behind "Babylon the great" today. We are told to get out of her....(Revelation 18:4-5) Any who remain in her will go down with her. Have you identified her?

I don't know where you have gleaned your information on JW's but I assure you none of it is true....it is just the devil doing to Christ's true disciples today what he did to them in the first century.....he has no new tricks and he can count on human nature to keep making the same mistakes that the first century Jews did......the inconvenient truth heralded by Jesus' disciples was countered by the Jewish leaders who painted them as apostate troublemakers. They figured that killing off their leader would make them go away......how wrong they were.

The "wheat" were practically choked out by the "weeds" for a time, but in the "time of the end" God would raise them up and educate them, cleansing them of all the spiritually unclean doctrines that satan had instilled in the people who were indoctrinated by the lies that had been fed to them for centuries. (Daniel 12: 4, 9-10)

The truth is hard to hear when you have been lied to all your life, but nothing will make the truth into a lie if God is the judge of what is true.
We will all know soon enough if we have what it takes to pass the final test. (Matthew 7:21-23) If "few" are on the road to life, then there can be no confidence in numbers.....

Can you outline what doctrines you believe were discarded by them. and what you believe were "fundamental" to scripture?

LOL, is there anything else you would like to ask? I don't want you to leave anything out.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL, is there anything else you would like to ask? I don't want you to leave anything out.
Just interested in your POV......its one of the reasons I came here. I like to learn and understand what others believe as well as why they believe it.
Do you have a problem with that? I like to gain my information first hand rather than distorted second hand stuff that is far from accurate but attractive to those who are not interested in knowing the truth from someone else's side of the story.

Feel free to enlighten me......or not. :watching and waiting:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see nobody is prepared to be fed to the lions or burned at the stake....or go without their fillet steak!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us that post here speak some truth, some falsehood. But we bear testimony of our Gods. It is ashamed that someone who determines what Biblical truth is prevents others from stating their opinion, who is in favor of that?
No one is keeping you from speaking. And unless you can identify exactly what, when, where and why you can't speak then you are creating a false ideology and spreading this throughout the minds of members who may presume something entirely different than what you are saying.
You want to speak...then speak. And be honest with your words...projecting your own opinion as fact when it is not factual in the least is propaganda.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are Christian, just not orthodox Christian.

Not much point. I'm sure a decline in post count has already been observed.
And Wrangler you wasted no time, when you came back, getting on your favorite platform and continuing with it stirring the pot...and what conclusion can be made of it?
None....because there is never a conclusion to satisfy both sides of the argument.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita, what is the point of an "unorthodox" forum if its content is censored? You said its not the topic but the ones who can't be civil in their discussion.....so, allow free topics just in this one forum...and remove offenders, not content.....its not too much to ask, surely...?
Permanently ban those who can't be civil from that forum so that they cannot post there. We will all be mindful of what we say if there are consequences.
You will lose posters if you take such a hard line on this....and the site depends on its advertisers who will not support the site if the numbers go down.

A site needs a bit of controversy to stay relevant in today's world....we didn't have to worry about advertisers before, but now pretty much all sites depend on them to survive. Censoring what topics can be discussed is what will drive people away. We have already lost some regular posters.
Having a forum where those who want to avoid the sensitive topics, can do so, allows free speech.....please don't become like all the boring others....do you just want an echo chamber? Or can we discuss these things like adults? Censor the ones who make personal slurs and who name call, but please don't stifle open discussion. Punish the offenders if you must, and make the rules of civility mean something. We don't need to call people names to get our point across. We need to defend what we believe the way Jesus did.....with God's word.

Debates are about stating your case and allowing others to make their own judgments....Bible bashing with name calling never accomplishes anything, but presenting the Bible's truth is why we are all here......there are many more who read than who post, so for their benefit let the hot topics remain and:Oh no: any comment that violates the rules of civility and respect.

Pleading here.....this is the best Bible discussion site on the net.....don't let the hot-heads ruin it.
The threads in the unorthodox forum was suffocating the forum with its continuous, non-stop, never ending saga of the topic of the Trinity doctrine. Reports piled up daily over rules being broken through all the hate, anger and strife taking place on those threads.
And as it is stated in the Forum Rules the Trinity Doctrine is a closed subject.
So I carry the blame for ever allowing even one thread to get started.
A closed topic is a closed topic. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.