What is the point of a forum if you cannot speak?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not answer most yes or no questions with yes or no.

It seems to me the rule change is in response to an infantilized society, who needs safe spaces as they cannot tolerate being exposed to ideas they don’t agree with (or care to discuss).

If there was thread after thread about topics that bothered me, I’d just focus on those threads that I do want to delve into. Simple.

The idea that censorship is the only viable response to adult conversation is beneath the pale.

Interesting... I just sent you an email on a subject very much like this one.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be fair when I joined the forum I read a statement that the matter of the Trinity was a closed issue. However most of the discussions concerned the Trinity or the deity of Christ. Can you blame the administrators for taking action to enforce the rules? I understand there is still a section where discussions like that can take place
Just so!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of us that post here speak some truth, some falsehood. But we bear testimony of our Gods. It is ashamed that someone who determines what Biblical truth is prevents others from stating their opinion, who is in favor of that?
You aren't here to share in the faith whose foundations you deny.

Plain and simple.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(I have friends and acquaintances who tell me that what is happening here brings to their minds what happened in government approved Christian churches in China. That may be a stretch but it’s worth considering.)
New lows . . .

Reactions: Charlie24

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rules are designed to punish bad behavior. Principles guide good behavior.
The good behavior we all agreed to in joining was discarded by some, so yes, rules have resulted. Good analysis!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think @Heart2Soul has a point. There are some here who seem to thrive on "raging debates." They go out of their way to promote it.

It's just one thread after another promoting those debates, in a sort of provoking manner.
Not just new threads, but taking over existing threads also.

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is always best to deal with reality straight on.
Some on the forum are offended by spirited debates not to mention the insults.
Some would rather see the more pleasant side of Christianity and I do not blame them.
But the reality of it is that this is what Christians do, historically for centuries they argue within denominations, with other denominations, with other religions....wars....as in more than one. So you cannot fight the norm, that is reality.
And Christians are bad for sticking their nose in something they do not like and then complaining about it.

But there are things they can do to make it better......
Believe it or not, not everything is a matter of opinion so Christian heretics should not be allowed on the forum. The line has to be drawn somewhere. Christians are going to defend God, and it is going to get rough, what is the alternative? People that do not care enough to defend God? Everything goes? Those that deny the Deity of Yeshua are enemies of Christ and Christianity. Those that say that God denied mankind free-will portray God as a monster and are the enemy of God and Christianity. Then you have the more modern beliefs like OSAS which challenges the very morals of Christianity. Removing them from the forum would reduce the arguing. They really do not have anything to offer anyway.

Or they could make the debate threads password required so that if a person wanted to see it or get involved would have to have a password, so if they get it and enter they cannot complain. The difference between a debate and an argument is a thin line, no way around it.

Or they could limit debates to IM's personal conversations. You can have several people in a conversation.

Or they could make the forum for spiritual inspiration only....Uplifting scriptures and stories. No discussions or debates.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those here who do NOT know God but have applied themselves to learning to quote the word for their own agenda.

Others have come here with the agendas of their prophets, their magazine and or book. These feel no shame at spreading the infection of heresy.

Still others come with the superior attitude that they are Gods own heart and all else are dung unless they join themselves to this institution.

Ppl get real, it's getting close to getting worse!

Get in the word, find the TRUTH of God, hook yourself to his Spirit and NEVER look back.

Those who want truth will find it if that is ALL we put forth.

These others are loving being in darkness, hooked to the father of lies. They have embraced their darkness and refuse the light!

God has turned them over to a reprobate mind and they have no desire to see the TRUTH !

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those here who do NOT know God but have applied themselves to learning to quote the word for their own agenda.

Others have come here with the agendas of their prophets, their magazine and or book. These feel no shame at spreading the infection of heresy.

Still others come with the superior attitude that they are Gods own heart and all else are dung unless they join themselves to this institution.

Ppl get real, it's getting close to getting worse!

Get in the word, find the TRUTH of God, hook yourself to his Spirit and NEVER look back.

Those who want truth will find it if that is ALL we put forth.

These others are loving being in darkness, hooked to the father of lies. They have embraced their darkness and refuse the light!

God has turned them over to a reprobate mind and they have no desire to see the TRUTH !
Or they are still on the milk as newborns and have not matured enough spiritually to understand the deeper truths. They are still stuck on the foundation of their new belief in Jesus, not yet building upon it.
Line upon line, precept upon precept....
And some err in skipping or rejecting some truths that must be understood before moving to a higher truth. This causes the higher truth to be distorted and thus it becomes a false teaching, or false religion.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
New lows . . .

The trinitarians who shared the sentiment with me are more zealous about the prohibition against their / your deity being discussed than you are. I respect that.

btw, it’s your deity which cannot be discussed on the board, not mine.

Why do you suppose it is that I’ve stood up and spoken against the new policy on behalf of trinitarians?

It may well be only a matter of time before the prohibition against discussing your deity is extended to include prohibition of discussing mine.

P.S.

I would take the same stand against the new policy if it had prohibited discussion of the deities of other religions.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinitarians who shared the sentiment with me are more zealous about the prohibition against their / your deity discussed than you are. I respect that.

Why do you suppose it is that I’ve spoken out against the new policy on behalf of trinitarians?

It may well be only a matter of time before the prohibition against discussing your deity is extended to include prohibition of discussing mine.

It seems the cease fire has calmed down things, for now anyway.

What do you propose should be done to keep things in order?

That is if you have recognized that things had become out of order?

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The “cease fire,” as you call it, comes at too high a cost. Your deity can no longer be discussed here. If my deity could no longer be discussed here I wouldn’t have anything further to do with this board.

What I propose should be done doesn’t matter to the people who make the decisions.

All online discussion forums I’ve been on have been “out of order”.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinitarians who shared the sentiment with me are more zealous about the prohibition against their / your deity being discussed than you are. I respect that.

Why do you suppose it is that I’ve stood up and spoken against the new policy on behalf of trinitarians?

P.S.

I would take the same stand against the new policy if it had prohibited discussion of the deities of other religions.
Matthias perhaps you might want to read Christianity Board's Statement of Faith...
I will post a portion of it here:
Statement of Faith
The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

We believe that man and woman are made in the image of God (Imago Dei). He and she are God’s greatest creation. Man and woman were originally designed by God to have fellowship with God, but man and woman became alienated because of disobedience. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and make the choice to sin against God. Humans are incapable of a right relationship with God through their own ability. (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23, Colossians 1:21)

So as it states....it is a closed-handed subject for debate.
It can't be any clearer than this....
Closed-handed means it is closed-handed period.....

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An "Unsportsmanlike Behavior Forum" ... a place set aside for those topics banned EVERYWHERE ELSE on the Board:
  • The Trinity and the Deity of Christ
  • Calvinism vs Arminianism
The list can be expanded as "unsportsmanlike behavior" explodes across other topics. ;)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Matthias perhaps you might want to read Christianity Board's Statement of Faith...
I will post a portion of it here:
Statement of Faith
The below clearly outlines the core, closed-handed, and Christian orthodox issues that we expect members of Christianity Board to uphold. We accept that this declaration essentially defines Christianity for Christianity Board. Disagreement with the below, we believe, places one outside the realm of reasonable orthodox Christianity.

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

We believe that man and woman are made in the image of God (Imago Dei). He and she are God’s greatest creation. Man and woman were originally designed by God to have fellowship with God, but man and woman became alienated because of disobedience. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and make the choice to sin against God. Humans are incapable of a right relationship with God through their own ability. (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 8:3-6, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23, Colossians 1:21)

So as it states....it is a closed-handed subject for debate.
It can't be any clearer than this....
Closed-handed means it is closed-handed period.....

Thanks. I’ve read it several times. As for debating, I’ve commented on numerous occasions that I view it as a lose-lose proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.