What is the "SIGN" of the Son of Man - Poll

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the "SIGN" of the Son of Man?

• The actual physical second coming of Christ in the sky.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Some type of Astronomical event.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • It is just symbolic. No actual "sign".

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know I would "dismiss" your answers? And how do you know that I haven't studied?
And I am not looking for a debate, just a conversation over the subject.
Well...I know that you haven't studied because of the questions you have asked subsequent to the OP and Title. And then the whole subject of WHY are you asking comes into play. Scholarship? Debate? Seeking to understand?
When you ask incongruous questions (what does the photonic color blue taste like?) Then the answers are not going to make sense to you as you don't really understand the subject matter of what you are asking about to begin with....
And those who do provide definitive answers are looking for disciples or just those who see things their way regardless of being truly wrong or right.

And it's a matter of choice. Do you allow someone else to control your checkbook, pay your bills, and give you an allowance? Who do you trust with such things?

And considering that this is a question of you having an eternal life or not....maybe you should be more invested into the outcome and see to it personally yourself.

akelch

May 16, 2024
Noblesville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...I know that you haven't studied because of the questions you have asked subsequent to the OP and Title. And then the whole subject of WHY are you asking comes into play. Scholarship? Debate? Seeking to understand?
When you ask incongruous questions (what does the photonic color blue taste like?) Then the answers are not going to make sense to you as you don't really understand the subject matter of what you are asking about to begin with....
And those who do provide definitive answers are looking for disciples or just those who see things their way regardless of being truly wrong or right.

And it's a matter of choice. Do you allow someone else to control your checkbook, pay your bills, and give you an allowance? Who do you trust with such things?

And considering that this is a question of you having an eternal life or not....maybe you should be more invested into the outcome and see to it personally yourself.
I'm just trying to have a conversation with my fellow believers over a verse in the Bible.
Nothing more.
And yes. I have studied this subject for quit some time, but I am not here to push my views on anyone else or disparage anyone from participating in the conversation.

Your free not to participate.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just trying to have a conversation with my fellow believers over a verse in the Bible.
Nothing more.
And yes. I have studied this subject for quit some time, but I am not here to push my views on anyone else or disparage anyone from participating in the conversation.

Your free not to participate.
Has ANYONE directed you to study in the manner that I did?

Does this manner of study seem like the wrong way to go about it?

Granted I put forth a theory....but I made an initial assumption that was eronius. I thought you were really asking instead of trying to teach.

Because your words and actions are incongruous at the moment. Words vx actions gotta meet up at some point.

When they do I'll be back.

akelch

May 16, 2024
Noblesville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has ANYONE directed you to study in the manner that I did?

Does this manner of study seem like the wrong way to go about it?

Granted I put forth a theory....but I made an initial assumption that was eronius. I thought you were really asking instead of trying to teach.

Because your words and actions are incongruous at the moment. Words vx actions gotta meet up at some point.

When they do I'll be back.
So what is your explanation of what the "sign" of the Son of Man is spoken of by Christ in Matthew 24:30?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
step by step explanation of the scriptures regarding the sign of the Son of Man being Jesus seen in heaven in the sixth seal.

step 1. Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days

step 2. Matthew 24:29 shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (sixth seal)

step 3. Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: (sixth seal)

step 4. Matthew 24:30 and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, (sixth seal)

step 5. Matthew 24:30 and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Revelation 19)

Reactions: akelch