What is the sign of the Son of Man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earlier event, 70 AD, the prophecy is recorded in Luke. The later event, the end of the age, is recorded in Matthew 24. Both show the birth pangs, both prophesy Jesus' coming. Luke records the birth pangs, then says, but before these, and goes on to the destruction of Jerusalem, and the diaspora. Matthew records the birth pangs, says, Then, and prophesies the AoD, and the great tribulation.

Much love!
I disagree, Luke 21 & Matthew 24 are two different accounts of the same "Future" event, 70AD Jerusalem saw no fulfillment of either

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for deviation in your thread, just answering claims made

I dont believe Israel being a nation was a sign, that's Calvary Chapel and Chuck Smith doctrine

It's the future generation that will witness the signs in the heavens and distress of the world's nations

The fig blooming shows that a season is coming, nothing more

P.S. Ole Chuck had a generation at 40 years, now it's 70-80?

Jesus Is The Lord

One thing I don't believe is that the beast that is going to be destroyed by Christ when He returns, is not the same as the horn that rose up after the ten horns of the 4th beast in Daniel 7. Also, the thing that placing the fulfillment of all these prophecies in the 1st century ignores, is the fact that when Jesus comes back, He's riding on a white horse and wearing MANY crowns, as He returns as the King of (all) kings and Lord of (all) lords to take the beast and throw it into the LoF.

Preterists place all these prophecies in Daniel and Revelation in the 1st century, almost as though we will never see Jesus again, and as though the resurrection of the dead will never happen.

No. He said the sign of the son of Man would appear in the heavens (not the same as "heaven"). Very subtle change from "the sign of the son of man appearing in the heavens" to "the sign that the son of Man was in heaven in order to make it comply with Preterist theology and eschatology.

Nevertheless the most subtle changes to the Word of God is taking huge liberty.

What I seem to consistently find is so many who have different ideas about these things likewise have a high tolerance for that kind of interpretation. Which isn't interpretation at all. I can't make someone else care that certain words are used, or that certain grammar is used, but I for one care very much!

Why does @David H. assume that He did not mean the generation that will be around at the time of His return?
\

@Marty fox forgive me on the partial vs full preterist omission.
@Truth7t7 As a dispensationalist (Not a hyper dispensationalist) I see Israel as being a sign. By the same token, I am not a Zionist. I Use Scripture to say what a generation is, Not Chuck Smith.
@Fullness of the Gentiles Do You see Christ coming once in 70 ad, and again as the rider on the white horse? Because this view speaks of three comings which is where I disagree with many of my Pretrib dispensationalist Brothers? I See the first advent and the second advent Only. Jesus comes once in the clouds and as the rider on the white Horse.
@marks and for all of you, What matters most is that we are looking to His Coming. This is about the sign of His coming not about what eschatology you espouse. We have gotten some interesting and diverse views here, and some place more significance on 70 ad than others do.

@Fullness of the Gentiles Asked: Why does @David H. assume that He did not mean the generation that will be around at the time of His return?

My View is that Prophecy in general is free from time As Is God the source of the Prophecy. My Personal belief is that the Olivet discourse as much of OT prophecy Jumps in time and has multiple possible outcomes. Like Jonah was sent to prophecy the wrath of God against Ninevah, But because Ninevah repented that wrath was put off by the mercy of God. My Understanding of this with Regard to Israel comes from Paul's epiphany which came to Him In Romans 11, and if you have not read that chapter do so. I Believe that had Israel received Jesus as their Messiah The end of the age would have been circa 70 ad. But God had other plans to reach the gentiles. So In God's mercy, that "Generation" now foretold of a future generation. For 1900 years Israel was not a nation and then she was reborn in a day, By Edict of the UN, Just as prophesied in the Old Testament, The Fig tree that Christ Jesus cursed resprouted its leaves and came back to life. So Now we have a possible dual fulfillment of Prophecy.

Israel the nation are still enemies of the Gospel (Romans 11:28) But God also promised that He would save them in the end. (Zechariah 12:10-12) When They see Him Whom they have Pierced, and come to repentance and mourning. That seeing of Him Whom they have Pierced is the Sign of His coming in my Opinion.... the second coming of Christ.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7 As a dispensationalist (Not a hyper dispensationalist) I see Israel as being a sign. By the same token, I am not a Zionist. I Use Scripture to say what a generation is, Not Chuck Smith.
@Fullness of the Gentiles Do You see Christ coming once in 70 ad, and again as the rider on the white horse? Because this view speaks of three comings which is where I disagree with many of my Pretrib dispensationalist Brothers? I See the first advent and the second advent Only. Jesus comes once in the clouds and as the rider on the white Horse.
@marks and for all of you, What matters most is that we are looking to His Coming. This is about the sign of His coming not about what eschatology you espouse. We have gotten some interesting and diverse views here, and some place more significance on 70 ad than others do.

@Fullness of the Gentiles Asked: Why does @David H. assume that He did not mean the generation that will be around at the time of His return?

My View is that Prophecy in general is free from time As Is God the source of the Prophecy. My Personal belief is that the Olivet discourse as much of OT prophecy Jumps in time and has multiple possible outcomes. Like Jonah was sent to prophecy the wrath of God against Ninevah, But because Ninevah repented that wrath was put off by the mercy of God. My Understanding of this with Regard to Israel comes from Paul's epiphany which came to Him In Romans 11, and if you have not read that chapter do so. I Believe that had Israel received Jesus as their Messiah The end of the age would have been circa 70 ad. But God had other plans to reach the gentiles. So In God's mercy, that "Generation" now foretold of a future generation. For 1900 years Israel was not a nation and then she was reborn in a day, By Edict of the UN, Just as prophesied in the Old Testament, The Fig tree that Christ Jesus cursed resprouted its leaves and came back to life. So Now we have a possible dual fulfillment of Prophecy.

Israel the nation are still enemies of the Gospel (Romans 11:28) But God also promised that He would save them in the end. (Zechariah 12:10-12) When They see Him Whom they have Pierced, and come to repentance and mourning. That seeing of Him Whom they have Pierced is the Sign of His coming in my Opinion.... the second coming of Christ.
Dave I dont believe in a pre-trib rapture or Millennial Kingdom, I believe Israel is the Church, I believe Daniel's 70 weeks are future, and when the Lord returns in the second coming, it will be in fire and final judgement (The End)

Dave how does that equate in being a "Dispensationalist" following the teachings of Darby & Scofield, Smiles!

The only thing I have in common with Darby and Scofield is, I believe in a future literal human man as the antichrist, and literal prophets returned as the (Two Witnesses)

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave how does that equate in being a "Dispensationalist" following the teachings of Darby & Scofield, Smiles!

I Did not say you were a dispensationalist. Most dispensationalists are pre millennialists, You definitely are not that. You are actually very close to what My mom believed, that Satan was Bound right now, and that he would be released for a short while to gather the nations for Armageddon. Although she did see the 70 weeks as being fulfilled already. So I do understand your eschatology although I do not agree. My Point here is not to change your mind though but rather to hear you and others out, and in particular with regard to the sign of His coming.

What is most important is that you are looking for His coming. I think when all the events unfold, we will all see we were right in some things and wrong in others, for we all know in part. It can be "fun" to argue your opinion, and at times this iron sharpening iron strengthens our stance on the issues, but we must also be willing to hear what others say in case we have missed something. We grow, and our understanding grows in fellowship with one another, not in One upmanship. Eschatology is a very divisive topic, But also one that unites when approached with the right attitude.

God Bless

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spoke of the "Future" generation that would be eyewitnesses of the events that precede (The Second Coming) Future

Verse 33, when you see all these things, know that it is near (The Second Coming) Future

Verse 36, of that day and hour knoweth no man, (The Second Coming) Future

Matthew 24:32-36KJV
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

No...He was speaking to them;

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Reactions: Zao is life

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sign was that Jesus is in heaven.

Jesus wasn’t killed because He claimed to be the messiah He was killed because He claimed to be God.

Matthew 26:64-66
62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

Jesus actually claimed that He would be sitting at the right hand of the Farther which was not to be the son of God but to be equal with God Himself. Jesus claimed to be the one in Daniel chapter 7

Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

It’s the sign of the son of man in heaven that you are looking for and that sign is that Jesus was in heaven because Jerusalem was destroyed within that generation which is what Jesus predicted in Matthew chapter 24.

Matthew 24:1-2 & 34
Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Jesus gave a prediction with a date on it and when it happened when He said that it would happen (within that generation)then they all would of realized that Jesus was God and in heaven sitting at the right hand of the Father.

The timely destruction of Jerusalem was that sign of the son of man that the son of man was in heaven

Yes,,this is it
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

It was a coming in the clouds of the predicted judgement

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Did not say you were a dispensationalist. Most dispensationalists are pre millennialists, You definitely are not that. You are actually very close to what My mom believed, that Satan was Bound right now, and that he would be released for a short while to gather the nations for Armageddon. Although she did see the 70 weeks as being fulfilled already. So I do understand your eschatology although I do not agree. My Point here is not to change your mind though but rather to hear you and others out, and in particular with regard to the sign of His coming.

What is most important is that you are looking for His coming. I think when all the events unfold, we will all see we were right in some things and wrong in others, for we all know in part. It can be "fun" to argue your opinion, and at times this iron sharpening iron strengthens our stance on the issues, but we must also be willing to hear what others say in case we have missed something. We grow, and our understanding grows in fellowship with one another, not in One upmanship. Eschatology is a very divisive topic, But also one that unites when approached with the right attitude.

God Bless
Dave I agree wit your response, and the spirit given

Yes eschatology isnt an issue of salvation, and I believe salvation, the bodily resurrection, and second coming are fundamental essentials

Dave I believe there could be deception, many millennialist teach of a literal Jesus taking a throne in Jerusalem amongst mortal humans, thiswill be the antichrist (Deception) in my opinion

Many Preterist deny a future literal human man as the antichrist, deception in my oponion

Dave I believe scripture teaches Daniel's 70 weeks are "Future" not fulfilled as you suggested

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal future weeks or 490 days.

When the call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the armies surrounding Jerusalem, thus stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...He was speaking to them;

We Will Disagree, Its A Future Generation That Will Witness The Signs And Second Coming

Jesus spoke of the "Future" generation that would be eyewitnesses of the events that precede (The Second Coming) Future

Verse 33, when you see all these things, know that it is near (The Second Coming) Future

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes,,this is it

Yes amen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,,this is it

Matthew 16:28KJV
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The King And Kingdom Did Come To Jerusalem, And Those That Didnt Taste Of Death

Zechariah 9:9KJV
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

John 19:19KJV
19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iconoclast

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 16:28KJV
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The King And Kingdom Did Come To Jerusalem, And Those That Didnt Taste Of Death

Zechariah 9:9KJV
9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

I find that i agree with you are several issues.
I just believe that the Kingdom is not only inward in the hearts of believers, but also in this physical earth now, among the unbelievers...

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying,
We will not have this man to reign over us.

It does not say He was not reigning, it says they intended to rebel against His reign.

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that i agree with you are several issues.
I just believe that the Kingdom is not only inward in the hearts of believers, but also in this physical earth now, among the unbelievers...

9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying,
We will not have this man to reign over us.

It does not say He was not reigning, it says they intended to rebel against His reign.
I Disagree, as the scripture is very clear, his kingdom is not of this earth/world, and that would apply to the claims of a future mortal Millennial Kingdom on this earth

John 18:36KJV
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I strongly disagree with your symbolic representation of the second coming seen in Matthew 24:29-31

What you going to do with Matthew 24:31, and the Angel's harvesting the elect, and the resurrection seen, Symbolize this also?

Matthew 24:29-31KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew is clear that it’s not the end of the world here the angels were saving and sparing people

How do you answer the fact that Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed within that generation.

Reactions: Iconoclast

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Disagree, as the scripture is very clear, his kingdom is not of this earth/world

John 18:36KJV
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

What was clear was that Jesus Kingdom authority was not an earthly political one, but He came with heavenly authority.

He was not voted in by the people, but was sent by the Father.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew is clear that it’s not the end of the world here the angels were saving and sparing people

How do you answer the fact that Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed within that generation.
The Angel's aren't gathering in the resurrection, they are saving and sparing people, "Big Smiles", Just Like Human Eyes Arent Seeing Jesus In The Clouds, Its A Symbolic Judgement On Israel/Jerusalem "More Big Smiles"

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

You have been shown several times, the destruction of the temple was "Symbolic" of the Lord's death and resurrection, dont pretend like I haven't answered your claims Marty as seen below

Marty Peterism takes the symbolic in Matthew24:2 and interprets it as literal,and the literal as symbolic in Matthew24:29-31

The temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2 was symbolic of the Lord's death and resurrection, and yes his disciples remembered what he had said about the temples destruction

At the death of Jesus Christ, the veil in the temple was rent, the temple was symbolically destroyed, and after the resurrection this temple was replaced, by the temple of the Lord's body

Yes Preterism takes the literal second coming seen in Matthew 24:29-31, and symbolizes this into a "Coming Judgement" or whatever upon Israel

Matthew 27:50:51KJV
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

John 2:19-22KJV
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It all depends on how you consider His audience. Were all the Words of Scripture only to those who personally heard them?

Were the Apostles to whom Jesus said this, were they all of them alive in 70 AD to see what happened then?

Did they all see it? Who WAS Jesus speaking to?

Much love!

Only Peter James Andrew and John were there. They all didn’t live to see all of the events but they saw many of them.

The purpose was to warn the Christians living in Jerusalem to flee when the Roman army first arrived and then retreated and that happened in history once again proving the interpretation and that Jesus was God

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Peter James Andrew and John were there. They all didn’t live to see all of the events but they saw many of them.

The purpose was to warn the Christians living in Jerusalem to flee when the Roman army first arrived and then retreated and that happened in history once again proving the interpretation and that Jesus was God
The purpose was to warn the future generation that would be eyewitnesses of the signs and second coming

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Angel's aren't gathering in the resurrection, they are saving and sparing people, "Big Smiles", Just Like Human Eyes Arent Seeing Jesus In The Clouds, Its A Symbolic Judgement On Israel/Jerusalem "More Big Smiles"

You have been shown several times, the destruction of the temple was "Symbolic" of his death and resurrection, dont pretend like I haven't answered your claims Marty as seen below

Marty Peterism takes the symbolic in Matthew24:2 and interprets it as literal,and the literal as symbolic in Matthew24:29-31

The temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2 was symbolic of his death and resurrection, and yes his disciples remembered what he had said about the temples destruction

At the death of Jesus Christ, the veil in the temple was rent, the temple was symbolically destroyed, and after the resurrection this temple was replaced, rebuilt

Yes Preterism takes the literal second coming seen in Matthew 24:29-31, and symbolizes this into a "Coming Judgement" or whatever upon Israel

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

You have been shown several times, the destruction of the temple was "Symbolic" of his death and resurrection, dont pretend like I haven't answered your claims Marty as seen below

The temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2 was symbolic of his death and resurrection, and yes his disciples remembered what he had said about the temples destruction

At the death of Jesus Christ, the veil in the temple was rent, the temple was symbolically destroyed, and after the resurrection this temple was replaced, rebuilt

But you haven’t unless I missed your reply

So how do you explain that the temple and city were destroyed within that generation like Jesus said it would be? He did say that not one stone would not be on another when they had just looked at the temple?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The purpose was to warn the future generation that would be eyewitnesses of the signs and second coming

But many many Christians heeded Jesus words and fled the city when the Romans first retreated you need to look at history as these things happened within the generation Jesus spoke to or was that just a coincidence?

Why do Christians deny Jesus fulfilled prophecies?

Reactions: Zao is life

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You have been shown several times, the destruction of the temple was "Symbolic" of the Lord's death and resurrection, dont pretend like I haven't answered your claims Marty as seen below

The temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2 was symbolic of the Lord's death and resurrection, and yes his disciples remembered what he had said about the temples destruction

At the death of Jesus Christ, the veil in the temple was rent, the temple was symbolically destroyed, and after the resurrection this temple was replaced, by the temple of the Lord's body

Yes of course John 2 was about His body I never disputed that