WHAT IS THE SIN UNTO DEATH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't be ONE WITH GOD and have sin.
There. This is something many people seem to not understand. Just how holy God is!

A sinner united with God? I think not!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A believer can commit a carnal deed, but this is not charged to you as a sin, so, read Romans 4:8, and stop calling God a liar.
Read Colossians 2:13, and stop calling Paul a liar.
I so love reading this stuff!

Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not reckon sin.

And you, being dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, you, [I say], did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can say whatever he likes, I will still preach the truth calmly. And I fear for @marks because he says he and @Behold are on the same page. But I see a huge difference in the two men's beliefs. At least marks doesn't believe that murder is no longer a sin because we are not under the law. But that is what Behold is preaching, saying that is what Paul says in Romans 4. Does no one have any righteous indignation against these false teachings? I do, and yet you say it is contention. Are you going to say that of Jesus when He turned over the money-changers tables in a fit of rage?
A fit of rage?? I don't think so.

And . . . even murder will not cause the redeemed to be condemned. If God owns you, then it doesn't matter about whatever we think. We're His. And He knows we won't be completely fixed until are resurrection. And the scandal to the Gospel? He's more interested in getting us back into the fold, and living life with Him, then He is in casting us away from Him, and throwing us into the lake of fire.

Do you see God as the loving Fathere gathering back together His errant creation, or do you see God as the Angry Judge, sifting through humanity to find at least one or two who will be holy enough for Him?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, WOH, I do understand this but, I was asking this in reply to: Behold's:

"1.) The sin of dying UNFORGIVEN....= The Unpardonable Sin = Christ Rejector." <--- And, what would a Christ "Rejector" look like?

I was basically asking : so if the unpardonable sin (blaspheming the Holy Spirit) is the ONLY unpardonable sin (which, it is) then, all that you have listed above would be included in being a "Christ - rejector" hence, all of the sins would then be unpardonable...
...EDIT- And we know this is not true!
Here's something . . .

Mark 3
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

2 Corinthians 5
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

John 1
29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Romans 5
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The way this all reads to me is that Jesus took all the sins of the world onto Himself, and when He died, they were removed from us.

We were reconciled to God, all of us, through Jesus' death, because He died for the sin of all humanity. All sins forgiven mankind as God is no longer imputing sins to us.

Only that one caveat, speaking evil of the Holy Spirit.

Perhaps this was because they were rejecting the very works which were so overwhelmingly given by the Father to prove Jesus was Who He claimed to be.

We know He's from God, no one else could to the works He does!

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If there is no law, there is no sin, though the actions are the same. It is the craziest false doctrine I've ever heard. And the most dangerous.

Romans 4
14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

upload_2020-7-31_8-49-55.png

For where not is law, neither transgression.

If there is no law to be violated, you cannot violate law.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that "sin" is more about being out of sync with God rather than a list of no-nos. The Ten Commandments and remainder of the Law spell out general no-nos, but sometimes they are more subtle.

One that comes to mind is family finances. Say that you buy an item that isn't particularly a sin to own (like a color TV). If you would have surrendered your finances to the Holy Spirit, He might have told you not to buy it (at that time). Not because it was bad or wrong to have, but because He would rather you reserve those funds for something more important down the road. The "sin" would be in disregarding the counsel of the Holy Spirit, not in owning a color TV (which He might even bless at a different time). It does not lead to death (as defined by the Bible), but could still negatively impact one's finances (like creating unnecessary debt). Other types of these sins might affect one's physical health, employment prospects, etc. (And these aren't judgments so much as they are consequences.)

This idea applies to long-term, persistent errors, not occasional one-offs. None of this threatens one's Salvation (if saved) in any way.
I think this is very well written!

Much love!

Reactions: Sabertooth

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved the moment that we believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. (John 3:15,16,18; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 16:31; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..). We show our faith by our works (James 2:18) and obedience (including keeping the commandments) which "follows" believing unto salvation is "works" and we are not saved by works. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who "keeps" (Greek word "tereo" - guards, observes, watches over) His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 3:10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Yes, I agree with this. I would just like to explain the bit about not being saved by works. The Jews received the Law, the Ten Commandments to guard them until Jesus came to take away our sin - for which the 10C were given in the first place - to show us our sin. So, just keeping the 10C by our old nature couldn't and doesn't save us. For the Jews, only believing in the coming Messiah put them in Abraham's bosom when they died. Romans 3:25 shows us that their sins were overlooked.

Therefore, they were not saved by their works, keeping the 10C, or outward signs of the Law - circumcision, holy days, clean meat, etc. The problem was the old nature that loved to sin. That nature is why Jesus came. To be the second Adam. To undo the hell Adam started. So He took out our nature of flesh, and brought us into the Spirit where we partake of the divine nature, and become as sinless as Christ where we no longer stumble, but are righteous and holy.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4
14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

View attachment 10092

For where not is law, neither transgression.

If there is no law to be violated, you cannot violate law.

Much love!

You must read Romans 4 in context to the 8 chapters it is in. You will see the answer in the last chapter. Romans 8:1-9. Chapter 4 and 5 are merely build-ups to the conclusion. We are no longer under the law that had to be kept with a sinful nature. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ, has freed me from the Law of sin and death. You see it is not that we are lawless, just that the new Spirit-filled nature given us lets us keep the righteous requirements of the eternal laws of God according to our new divine nature, instead of against our carnal nature as with the old nature.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must read Romans 4 in context to the 8 chapters it is in. You will see the answer in the last chapter. Romans 8:1-9. Chapter 4 and 5 are merely build-ups to the conclusion. We are no longer under the law that had to be kept with a sinful nature. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ, has freed me from the Law of sin and death. You see it is not that we are lawless, just that the new Spirit-filled nature given us lets us keep the righteous requirements of the eternal laws of God according to our new divine nature, instead of against our carnal nature as with the old nature.
What is the argument about here?

For one thing, we were never under the Law of Moses, so I'm guessing you mean the law of sin and death, and its not that we "keep it" with a sinful nature, more like, it tells us what is true about our sinful nature. The law of sin and death is that we sin, and we will die, and that we are dead in sin.

In Christ all that is over. That's what it means to be freed from the law of sin and death.

You can also think of this as "the principle of sin and death", and the principle of the Spirit of life in Christ. One is death and sin, the other is life and righteousness.

We were never under the law, but that doesn't change our status with God. We still fall short from His glory, being dead in sin.

And now in Christ we are under Him. Not His Law, Him. It's personal. It's a relationship. And the rules that God has for me are not written out on paper. And if I look to those that are, as if they were my relationship with Him, do you see what has happened?

I've replaced the Living Jesus Christ with the pages of a Book. The best book ever, to be sure! The very Word of God Himself! But even still, it is there to lead me to Him, not to replace Him.

Here is an example . . . do you realize, that if a crowd of people see a man's donkey wander away, that all of them each and every one of them, under the Law of Moses, is required to see to it that this man's donkey is brought back home to him?

OK, seems silly . . . but even sillier . . . God is overseeing a meeting among His children, they are helping a dead one come in, and repent, so he can come to life, the Spirit is moving, drawing, when a braying echoes out over the crowd, they all leap to their feet, to bring that lost donkey in . . . serving the Law . . . or . . . The Spirit moves this one . . . that one . . . they retrieve the wandering animal . . . as the Spirit moves this one . . . that one . . . to begin to pray for the lost man . . . this one . . . and that one . . . to invite him to pray . . . either the Spirit is moving us as He wishes . . . or we are setting ourselves to keeping of the Law.

Now . . . when you feel choose which parts of the Law you think apply, you can customize it for yourself . . . what do they say about cookies? To personalize your experience. But the Bible does not allow for that. But then again, the Bible is very clear that the Law has nothing to do with the children of God.

1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers . . ."

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Spirit-filled nature given us lets us keep the righteous requirements of the eternal laws of God according to our new divine nature, .

God did not save us so that we can keep the "eternal laws" ...whatever that is...
So, to teach that the reason God saves us is so that we can keep laws, is just one more way to teach legalism.
Listen..
God saved the born again, so that we can be His Children
God is creating ETERNAL FAMILY with that Cross and that BLood of Jesus.
He is trying to collect MORE FAMILY by sending us out to get them.
See, its all about FAMILY< its not about "law" and "law keeping".
The law is ABOLISHED.
God's GRACE has come.

Reactions: marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There. This is something many people seem to not understand. Just how holy God is!

A sinner united with God? I think not!

Much love!

WE are the Spiritual Temple of the Holy Spirit.
God does not live in sin.
He lives in Righteousness, as He is Righteousness, and He has created us by new Birth, to be "the righteousness of God IN Christ".

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

According to this, we die because we sin. The body of flesh is corrupt.

Much love!

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are of the view that your future sins are not forgiven yet, then how can they EVER be?

Don't you know the REASON for being born again and filled with the Spirit of Christ???

It is so there won't be any FUTURE sins to be forgiven.

Reactions: amadeus