What is the Truth of Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
acts 2:42

Didache or doctrine of the apostles
Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism

And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptizeinto the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19in living water. But if you have not living water, baptize into other water; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. But before the baptismlet the baptizer fast, and the baptized, and whatever others can; but you shall order the baptized to fast one or two days before.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gospel of mark not scripture?
If you can't quote Mark then I will help you.

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but
he that believeth not shall be damned.

That was the perfect place to say "he that is not baptized shall be damned". He didn't.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can't quote Mark then I will help you.

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but
he that believeth not shall be damned.

That was the perfect place to say "he that is not baptized shall be damned". He didn't.

whatever

Mark 16:16 The requirements for those who are being saved cannot be undone by the requirements for those not being saved! He who believes and is baptized is still required for salvation? Heaven and earth may pass away but my words shall not pass away!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(Born again by baptism)

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't give one example of water baptism by sprinkling. There aren't any. It's unBiblical!

washing is required not immersion

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

the church alone has authority from Christ to define and teach truth matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 16:13
Not you! And not me!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not required to
You can't. You're still evading my post # 50. You have no Biblical answers just your beliefs. You really should stop preaching this unBiblical stuff. It won't look good on Judgment Day. The Pope won't be able to help you. He will have enough problems of his own on Judgment Day.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

the church alone has authority from Christ to define and teach truth matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 16:13
Not you! And not me!
Guess you missed this: "You can't give one example of water baptism by sprinkling. There aren't any. It's unBiblical!"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't. You're still evading my post # 50. You have no Biblical answers just your beliefs. You really should stop preaching this unBiblical stuff. It won't look good on Judgment Day. The Pope won't be able to help you. He will have enough problems of his own on Judgment Day.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to whom, the Pope? God's people in the NT immersed! Why don't you?
So you think a little sprinkle of water washes your body?
Not you! And not me!
What? You're telling everyone here that they must be sprinkled with water to be saved, and you say "And not me"?

Post # 50!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Only the church has authority from Christ to define the truth and teach!
Matt 16:18 matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13
The Catholic church nor the Pope can overrule our Bible! I doubt that you even obey Peter.

Acts 2:38 (NKJV)
38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins;