What is Truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Kepha31, I will be honest. I don't see how scripture aligns with Catholic practices. I do not agree with the Mother Mary statues,
The proper use of religious statuary is thoroughly biblical. Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers
praying to them,
We don't pray to statues, that is an anti-Catholic myth.
or the positon held by the Pope.
It's the same position held by Peter and has developed like everything else.
It is my belief that the only intercessor needed is Jesus Christ.
The Church teaches the same thing. There is no intercession without Jesus, it's a matter of understanding what we mean by it. Saints, Purgatory, & Penance (Index Page)
I am firm on that one. However, I will not dispute there is a lot of truth in your post.
Thank you.

Reactions: FHII

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 17 Jesus prayed for unity. Why?

20 “I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

So, VIJ, you are in good company. Jesus knew that if the Church was divided, that folks would be less likely to believe the truth of the Gospel. If there are thousands of different forms of Christianity holding different, mutually exclusive beliefs, how is a person to find the truth? Most here in this "fishbowl", I think, would say, "Just read the bible and the Holy Spirit will enlighten you." The problem with that thesis is that it hasn't worked. If it were true then all who read the bible with a sincere heart would come to the same truth--The Truth. Instead the fruit of this belief (sola scriptura) is division. Pick any two people on this forum who don't agree on some tenant of the faith. Each will insist that they searched the scripture with a sincere heart and the HS led them to their belief. Is one or both of them lying? I don't think so. I think their fundamental premise is mistaken. The bible alone cannot bring about unity. Bible alone has led to thousands of denominations. Not the unity that Jesus prayed for.

So how do you know how you are supposed to interpret the Bible? How do you know if your interpretation is correct? It seems to me that the best way would be to understand how those closest to the authors understood it. We are separated from the first-century authors of the New Testament by geography, time, culture, language, etc. But what if we were able to read the writings of contemporaries of the authors and see what they thought about the scriptures? An analogy would be reading the letters of Thomas Jefferson and other framers and fathers to understand the US Constitution better. So, you might try reading some of the Christian writers from the first, second and third centuries AD. It stands to reason that they would be in a better position to understand the writings that would become the New Testament than we are.

There's a book by Rod Bennett that could get you started with the Early Church Fathers. It is called "Four Witnesses: The Early Church in Her Own Words". I've read it and it's not dry and stale. It reads like an action novel.

I'll pray for you.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

20 “I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

So, VIJ, you are in good company. Jesus knew that if the Church was divided, that folks would be less likely to believe the truth of the Gospel. If there are thousands of different forms of Christianity holding different, mutually exclusive beliefs, how is a person to find the truth? Most here in this "fishbowl", I think, would say, "Just read the bible and the Holy Spirit will enlighten you." The problem with that thesis is that it hasn't worked. If it were true then all who read the bible with a sincere heart would come to the same truth--The Truth. Instead the fruit of this belief (sola scriptura) is division. Pick any two people on this forum who don't agree on some tenant of the faith. Each will insist that they searched the scripture with a sincere heart and the HS led them to their belief. Is one or both of them lying? I don't think so. I think their fundamental premise is mistaken. The bible alone cannot bring about unity. Bible alone has led to thousands of denominations. Not the unity that Jesus prayed for.

So how do you know how you are supposed to interpret the Bible? How do you know if your interpretation is correct? It seems to me that the best way would be to understand how those closest to the authors understood it. We are separated from the first-century authors of the New Testament by geography, time, culture, language, etc. But what if we were able to read the writings of contemporaries of the authors and see what they thought about the scriptures? An analogy would be reading the letters of Thomas Jefferson and other framers and fathers to understand the US Constitution better. So, you might try reading some of the Christian writers from the first, second and third centuries AD. It stands to reason that they would be in a better position to understand the writings that would become the New Testament than we are.

There's a book by Rod Bennett that could get you started with the Early Church Fathers. It is called "Four Witnesses: The Early Church in Her Own Words". I've read it and it's not dry and stale. It reads like an action novel.

I'll pray for you.

51BtnnK8QFL._SX314_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

What was the early Church like? Contrary to popular belief, Rod Bennett shows there is a reliable way to know. Four ancient Christian writers--four witnesses to early Christianity --left us an extensive body of documentation on this vital subject, and this book brings their fascinating testimony to life for modern believers. With all the power and drama of a gripping novel, this book is a journey of discovery of ancient and beautiful truths through the lives of four great saints of the early Church--
Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, Justin Martyr, and Irenaeus of Lyons.
Four Witnesses: The Early Church in Her Own Words: Rod Bennett: 9780898708479: Books - Amazon.ca

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So how do you know how you are supposed to interpret the Bible
You dont,

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

when we ask

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But so few wiling to walk in faith.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

So few christians have life, unwilling to let go of teh dead letter to follow teh living word that is Jesus Christ

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sword, you are right. I am being judgmental and I am sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. Yes, maybe I did. You seem like a guy who really has a heart for helping people. Yes, helping is better than doing nothing. I want people healed as much as you do. I don't like seeing people suffer. But, I am really trying to let go of the tight grip I have on this world, and realize my worth comes from God and the physical body is not God's first priority. It is not you. I have issues to work out which comes off as bitterness. I don't want to be bitter.
I am really not offended. ANd you dont owe me any appoligy. Thanks for your reply. Now God can work with people who are humble. Bkess you. There are to many who will not humble them selves. But cleary your heart is open to God.
Please have a look at Dan Mohler.
This is Dan spaeking about a pure heart and a clear concience. and you have both.
Remeber there is NO condemnation in Christ towards you. God loves you more than we all realise. Bless you and thank you.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is interesting. When you pray on the streets you are not talking to God? Just who are you talking to?
I am casting out demons and sickness in Jesus name. That would be the name above every name. That would be the name that every thing else with a name bows the knee to. What would you do if someone has a limp. Would you do the old dear God if its you will cause I really dont know you or your will. That doesnt work. why? Because God sent Christ who paid in full for your healing and every one elses healing . So its not dear God please will you. We are not beggers Jesus never begged. Niether do we. You problem is you dont know who you are in Christ.
You would do none of the above you walk past them every day and then accuse me of hypocrisy.

Your so called demonstration of commanding demons is nothing but hypocrisy. You boast of it.
Please show the whole forum where I am boasting keeping in mind that we are to sharpen each other. Its plain to see you had a large voice in here for a long time and now you have been shut down, because of your complete ignorance of Christ and who we are in Christ.

As if you are something. Yes, I judge you. And Christians are to judge. Contrary to your foolish statements. I always found that the one that doesn't want to be judged is the one that needs to be judged. Just an observation.

This looks like who died and made me king?? Haha Jesus died and made me king. But again you have no clue as to who we are in Christ do you.
Judge away. I am producing fruit. I feel sorry for your complet blindness . You look like Isreal that never recognised Jesus. I dont mind if you judge me I feel for you. By the judgement you judge you will be your own judge and you mouth will be closed and the tears will fall.

Oh yes, your claims of being out of context and twisting of Scripture are familiar. Yet you are never able to support your claims. I wonder why? Ignorance maybe?
I think you are the one who ran away from the healing Documen that has nothing but scripture in it. You also ran away from a 1v1 debate on healing Not me. You said you never saw it. It still stands. I can support it I seen it I walked in it and you think you with your twisted mind set will move me? Just like Jesus said to the deciples who could'nt get the boy healed.

The verses in Luke had everything to do with what you had said. You just didn't want to answer. As ususal. I remember that yeller streak that runs up your back.
Wow you so hurt bro. Lord I just want to bless stranger. I love him and bless him and his family and his health will be good in Jesus name. I bless him in every part of his life. Father I honour you and give satan no foothold. Forgive me Father if I have any part in this. Amen.

I think Jesus would say exactly that. He had no problem declaring one a hypocrite and loud mouth. He had no problem seeing through the guise.
Yes Jesus could see clear and so can I. Thats why I prayed for you. You are in a very very poor condiction brother.

Well, I say, if you don't agree then don't say a word. Perhaps you should keep your mouth shut. Since you don't agree. Oh, I see, you just mean those that don't agree with you. What a laugh that is.
I am sorry you think this little of me.

Arn't you something. You boast of gifts. And cut down others who don't boast of gifts. Which somehow makes you superior. Every believer has gifts of the Holy Spirit. Everyone. Not just you. And just because they don't boast of them doesn't mean they don't have them. It means they are more mature in the faith than those who like to boast.
Tripe. If they had them they would walk in them. and produce fruit inkeeping. And they would also share and encourage the brethern. You really are just a bible reader and clearly you do not have a realtionship with Jesus. You are a Christian but just a willfully ignorant one.

I will always brag of what Christ is doing in my life abnd as long as you stay in your position you will always get hurt at people who are moving with Vhrist. Your heart is getting in the way you are as hard as nails. You need to humble your self before God who will give you the ability to humble yourself before men. Until you do that you will always be angry . ask me how I know this.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am casting out demons and sickness in Jesus name. That would be the name above every name. That would be the name that every thing else with a name bows the knee to. What would you do if someone has a limp. Would you do the old dear God if its you will cause I really dont know you or your will. That doesnt work. why? Because God sent Christ who paid in full for your healing and every one elses healing . So its not dear God please will you. We are not beggers Jesus never begged. Niether do we. You problem is you dont know who you are in Christ.
You would do none of the above you walk past them every day and then accuse me of hypocrisy.

Please show the whole forum where I am boasting keeping in mind that we are to sharpen each other. Its plain to see you had a large voice in here for a long time and now you have been shut down, because of your complete ignorance of Christ and who we are in Christ.

This looks like who died and made me king?? Haha Jesus died and made me king. But again you have no clue as to who we are in Christ do you.
Judge away. I am producing fruit. I feel sorry for your complet blindness . You look like Isreal that never recognised Jesus. I dont mind if you judge me I feel for you. By the judgement you judge you will be your own judge and you mouth will be closed and the tears will fall.

I think you are the one who ran away from the healing Documen that has nothing but scripture in it. You also ran away from a 1v1 debate on healing Not me. You said you never saw it. It still stands. I can support it I seen it I walked in it and you think you with your twisted mind set will move me? Just like Jesus said to the deciples who could'nt get the boy healed.

Wow you so hurt bro. Lord I just want to bless stranger. I love him and bless him and his family and his health will be good in Jesus name. I bless him in every part of his life. Father I honour you and give satan no foothold. Forgive me Father if I have any part in this. Amen.

Yes Jesus could see clear and so can I. Thats why I prayed for you. You are in a very very poor condiction brother.

I am sorry you think this little of me.

Tripe. If they had them they would walk in them. and produce fruit inkeeping. And they would also share and encourage the brethern. You really are just a bible reader and clearly you do not have a realtionship with Jesus. You are a Christian but just a willfully ignorant one.

I will always brag of what Christ is doing in my life abnd as long as you stay in your position you will always get hurt at people who are moving with Vhrist. Your heart is getting in the way you are as hard as nails. You need to humble your self before God who will give you the ability to humble yourself before men. Until you do that you will always be angry . ask me how I know this.

Yes, yes, you are casting out demons and healing everyone on the street. Sure. The whole tenor of your voice is boasting. (Luke 10:17-20) "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject unto us through thy name....Notwithstanding, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Did you see that? "Rejoice not". In other words, big deal. That Christ is greater than satan and the demons is a given. That our names are written in heaven is the great thing. And to know more about how Christ got our names written there is what we desire and glory in. To know that our names have always been written there brings praise and glory to God.

I have never run from any debate from you. You always say you won't answer me unless I read something. I am not interested in debating an article. I will gladly debate you on any subject you pick. So, what do you say. Think about it. Choose wisely. I am going to be out of touch for about a week. You have plenty of time. Don't disappoint me.

Save your prayers for another. Even your prayer doesn't ring true. You can condemn one and pray for one with the same tongue.

Oh? you are sorry. How touching.

Yes, I know you always brag. And yes, I am hard as nails. I don't mind being angry at the right things.

Remember to have a subject ready by the end of next week for us to debate. If you don't, you're just crawfishing.

Stranger

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, yes, you are casting out demons and healing everyone on the street. Sure. The whole tenor of your voice is boasting. (Luke 10:17-20) "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject unto us through thy name....Notwithstanding, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Did you see that? "Rejoice not". In other words, big deal. That Christ is greater than satan and the demons is a given. That our names are written in heaven is the great thing. And to know more about how Christ got our names written there is what we desire and glory in. To know that our names have always been written there brings praise and glory to God.

Is it a given in your life? Do the sick get healed in your daily life to the point where YOU can claim it as a given?
I would go as far as to say no it is not a given in your life. I would also go as far as to say you never prayed for anyone in your life in the manner we are supposed to. Because cleary you missed what we are to do according to all your posts and your horrible manner in which you talk to the brethern.
I have never run from any debate from you. You always say you won't answer me unless I read something.
You never came forward to take up the deabte. You follow my every post very keenly looking for fault . But on this occasion you never came forward, Matbe you missed the thread? Eh I said read this once. always? Hardly, Stop exagerating its unbecoming of a Christian. Its akin to lying

I am not interested in debating an article.
Its not an article its nothing but scripture. You would know that if you read it. But you in your own eyes are to high and mighty to read the document. Hence the reason You are willfully ignorant just like Jesus said. That document was written by a man who healed more people that you know.

I will gladly debate you on any subject you pick. So, what do you say. Think about it. Choose wisely. I am going to be out of touch for about a week. You have plenty of time. Don't disappoint me.
I have no desire to debate with you. You do not answer any of my questions as we see in every thread you been in. All you want to do is fault find and bicker like a chiid. I will always dissapoint you because you heart and mind mind are turned against me. You gave God no glory for anything I said in here ever. Why would I want to debate with what is willfully ignorant. Do you need the book name and numbers again or do you recognise the scrioptures in my post?

Save your prayers for another. Even your prayer doesn't ring true. You can condemn one and pray for one with the same tongue.

Ahh now you cahnged you tune again? You said I will always except prayer. ahh double minded man, Yada yada. Do you need the book name and verse or do you recognise the scripture? etc etc?

Oh? you are sorry. How touching.
Pure sarcasm You have no right but to love people. None.

Yes, I know you always brag. And yes, I am hard as nails. I don't mind being angry at the right things.
You have no right to be angry none. You have one right and that is to love people

Remember to have a subject ready by the end of next week for us to debate. If you don't, you're just crawfishing.
See when you start this telling me what I will do with nothing but sarcasm there will be no debate.
I think its very clear to see for anyone. The 1v1 is open to anyone who can talk like an adult so there for youe excluded.
Your hard as nails would be great if it was towards something that is wrong. I aint wrong. I aint sitting full of hatered towards anyone. You are hurt and angry. This is time to grow up and die to self. You are completly living for self wioth no power and you want to pull others down who walk in power. It cant be done. satan can not stop the love of Christ. The satanist tripp got you off to a tea. You completly lmissed evey thing he said to you. He told you that he would not cause any bother in here or towards you. And you like a fool tempting him to come. Then you were bragging that satn never came near you. That is so silly he told you its you kind of Christianity that gives satan a platform. Listen if a guy who works for the other side tell you something like that. and Christiand are agreeing its time to take a look and listen. But you will continue to give satan a platform in your life as satan uses you to spread his kind odd christianity. So carry on in your own hurt little selfish world. I will continue to pray for you. and I ask that you pray for me. In fact I ask that you all pray for me to have more grace, more of Gods heart. To die more to self anfd live more for Christ. Thank you.

Davy Your brother in Christ.

Stranger[/QUOTE]

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, you always find a reason to not debate. You talk big. But then...nothing.

Always something.

Stranger

eldios

May 20, 2017
California
Faith
Country
United States
What is Truth?

The pit of my stomach is sour from all the hypocrisy and false doctrines circulating. I can take disappointment. I can take rejection. I can take the approach of death(sleep) of this physical body. None of it causes me to blame God. But if I have one quarrel with God, and I have quarreled with Him over it… it would be that there are countless interpretations of His word, yet God promised the church the Spirit of Truth? I come here to this blog, which is a fish bowl compared to the vastness of the world, and everyone has a different truth including myself. Any unbeliever would surely come here and be overwhelmed by countless variations of the gospel and assured by each one of us…I know God and have the truth. Which gospel do you think they will prefer? Then the storm will come and they will get to see what their foundation is really made of. I put this post under ethics & morality forum because if we sell people lies, then it is an ethics and morality topic.

Gods word tells us a house divided will not stand.

We are in a spiritual war. I am sorry but it is not:

I want to be rich… for Christs sake.

I want to flourish and prosper and walk in bliss… for Christs sake.

It is: Persecution and suffering…for Christs sake.

I am told, “you are not a mature Christian yet. You just haven’t discovered all Gods promises.” Yes. I have. I am fully aware of all of Gods promises. They are beautiful and wonderful but taken out of context and twisted and abused. Does God heal? Absolutely. without a doubt. To further the gospel and His plan: For Gods plan and progression. Not for the flesh's sake. I am not questioning God's power. I am questioning peoples motives.

I have a friend that sets up a booth in Wal-Mart parking lot advertising: HEALINGS. I have done been there and done that, trying to gain the worlds sight and approval. I was so convinced I had the gift of healings. I could lay my hand on my body and the flesh and muscle would respond, vibrating underneath my hand. Until God revealed what I was promoting. Self. Plain and simple. Look at the stadiums this gospel message packs and it is a wonder that there is a single person left in this entire world in need of healing. I mean, if all those people are then going out and laying hands on people? It is a show and it is nauseating. It tickles peoples’ ears and tells them exactly what they want to hear which is why the stadiums are packed. It is a worldly gospel. Anchored in the world, not the spiritual.

“This is your best life now.” No, it is not. The best is yet to come! I would rather not get too comfortable here. So, I apologize to God for the way that I am and for this pain in my gut over craving real truth. God confirms: The truth is worth agonizing over.

Why so many gospels?

A person either reads God’s word through fleshly eyes, or through spiritual eyes. There is a ton of misinterpretations through the flesh because the flesh only hears and comprehends what it wants to be so, to promote flesh.

Where is truth?

Truth is without the gate. Truth is with the lowly in heart and with the meek.

(Matthew 11: 29) “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

Matthew 5 says, "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.”

(Hebrews 13:13) “Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.”

Some will say: that gospel is depressing. No, it is not depressing. Not at all. There is great comfort and hope in the gospel of grace.

(Hebrews 13: 14) “For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.”

(1 John 2:17) “And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”

It's best to listen to the voice of God and obey ALL His commandments instead of reading words in a Bible that came from both the mind of Christ and from those who were influenced by Satan and the beast. The New Testament most came from the minds influenced by Satan and the beast so they should never be trusted as reliable knowledge from Christ. But if you listen to the voice ( gospel ) of God, then you will learn how you were created as a man in the image of God and what to expect in the future.

Revelation 3:
20: Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Deuteronomy 28:
1: And if you obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
2: And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God.

Mark 1
14: Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God,
15: and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel."

1 Thessolonians 1
4: For we know, brethren beloved by God, that he has chosen you;
5: for our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

Jeremiah 7:
23: But this command I gave them, `Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people; and walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you.'

Deuteronomy 28
15: “But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: “the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

61: Every sickness also, and every affliction which is not recorded in the book of this law, the LORD will bring upon you, until you are destroyed.
62: Whereas you were as the stars of heaven for multitude, you shall be left few in number; because you did not obey the voice of the LORD your God.
63: And as the LORD took delight in doing you good and multiplying you, so the LORD will take delight in bringing ruin upon you and destroying you; and you shall be plucked off the land which you are entering to take possession of it.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is truth. The Spirit of Truh is His Holy Spirit. Though God is perfect, and thus His Word is as well, men are fallen, sinful creatures: Men can be wrong. This is why we have so many differences in the Church today. However, God chooses to use our differences for His eternal glory, and through the chaotic mess of society we live in, He is still bringing His pland to fruition. That, my friend, should bring joy, not grief and anger! When Moses was in the desert, and God told him that he would destroy Isreal and raise up a new people through him, Moses said no, because he didnt want Gods image tarnished. And what was God's reply? He said He was more concerned about His name than anyone, but would grant Moses' request anyways.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See, you always find a reason to not debate. You talk big. But then...nothing.

Always something.

Stranger
Just dont think there is any beifit for me you are anyone else in me debating with you. What would be the point/ You are in a different place from me. In reguard to you being willfully ignorant. You know better so I cant do nothing with that. Neither can God funnily enough. I know what I talk is big . I know I have a big part in it. and you can to. But you just want to fight. as can be seen in all your derogatory posts. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Stranger. Good quote. I agree with your comments. Below is a short question I asked Sword on the Forum "And the truth shall set you free" post #17; and his response:

Tabletalk said:
So, do you still sin?

Sword said:
"And here we go again people who loves to contradict scripture. Why will you not honour God?
Why do you look fotr fault continually like a pharisee?
Why is it God calls us sons. Joint aires with Christ. Holy . Sanctified, justified and YOU want to bring down?
If God siad I am no longer a slave to sin thats what I am.
You can wallow in your low self esteem if you like. But if you continue to contradict scripture and bring down people who except who they are in Christ. You are guilty of holding back the children of God. Now for your own good shut your face and stop the work od satan, You have no idea and continue to ASSUME THE ROLE OF TEACHER. Stop it, You completly clueless. Now please dont assume again that I am hurt. as soon as you chide anyone in here they say why you hurt. I aint. You cant hurt me. I am dead to self and your comments deeds and lifestyle can not hurt me or undermine my concern and love for MAN. All men including you. You are hurting your self with this hypocrisy, and the brethern. Total ignarance on your part. Just die already to self. It starts today. But No you will be all hurt because you are full of self and pity for self. so you will come back so predictably with a whole post telling me how you are correct and I am wrong."

I count about 18 accusations in the above paragraph from Sword to me. Is that a record? And all from one question.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Word says the Father gives the son what He asks. Was Christ's prayer answered in the disciples? (Acts 1:14) "These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren." Has Christ's prayer been answered throughout the history of the church? Or did division settle in by way of false doctrine? Are we of one accord today? "So that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

What happens whenever there is unity?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God is Truth....All other are degrees of reflection

Old Man

Apr 28, 2011
Steubenville, OH
stpaulcenter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word says the Father gives the son what He asks. Was Christ's prayer answered in the disciples? (Acts 1:14) "These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren." Has Christ's prayer been answered throughout the history of the church? Or did division settle in by way of false doctrine? Are we of one accord today? "So that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

What happens whenever there is unity?
There IS unity. Christ HAS kept his word. He founded 1 Church. It still exists as it did from day 1. Our job is to find it. There is only one Church that even claims to have continuous succession from the apostles.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There IS unity. Christ HAS kept his word. He founded 1 Church. It still exists as it did from day 1. Our job is to find it. There is only one Church that even claims to have continuous succession from the apostles.
so, guaranteed to be in alignment with the world, and counterfeit, iow.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So Christ founded a counterfeit Church?
no, but i would argue that our definition of Church is not God's, Living Stones, which of course are as likely to be in a Catholic church as anywhere else. Imo they would evince a lot of evidence of having "come out" of that doctrine, same as any Protestant death-centered belief, into a more Creation-centered understanding--i'm not sure how one might be a Living Stone otherwise--but even that is mostly just imo i guess.

I might even press you on the "Christ founded my church" statement, as of course every "church" says this, but with all due respect i think it is more important to recognize the real Church, rather than pointlessly squabble about some worldly definition.

The real Church is a spiritual entity, and imo you cannot point to it. Calling the building or sect you attend "church" is to me similar to how our country's leaders constantly refer to the country as a Nation, a la "This Great Nation," when it is not one nation (people), as is easily demonstrated.

It is a power grab in either case. A worldly way to sway opinions that actually reveals weakness, lack of confidence. It is a way to claim the best seat at the table.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sword

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just dont think there is any beifit for me you are anyone else in me debating with you. What would be the point/ You are in a different place from me. In reguard to you being willfully ignorant. You know better so I cant do nothing with that. Neither can God funnily enough. I know what I talk is big . I know I have a big part in it. and you can to. But you just want to fight. as can be seen in all your derogatory posts. :)

Indeed, you are right. There would be no benefit for you in debating. And I offered to you to name the subject. But, yes, you would not benefit from it.

Yes, you are big talk. I want no part of big talk. I will, however, contend with you where I believe you are wrong.

Fighting and debating are not that far apart.

Stranger