What is truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gregory the Wonderworker
“There is one God. . . . There is a perfect Trinity, in glory and eternity and sovereignty, neither divided nor estranged. Wherefore there is nothing either created or in servitude in the Trinity; nor anything superinduced, as if at some former period it was non-existent, and at some later period it was introduced. And thus neither was the Son ever wanting to the Father, nor the Spirit to the Son; but without variation and without change, the same Trinity abides ever” (Declaration of Faith [A.D. 265]).

Sechnall of Ireland
“Hymns, with Revelation and the Psalms of God [Patrick] sings, and does expound the same for the edifying of God’s people. This law he holds in the Trinity of the sacred Name and teaches one being in three persons” (Hymn in Praise of St. Patrick 22 [A.D. 444]).

Patrick of Ireland
“I bind to myself today the strong power of an invocation of the Trinity—the faith of the Trinity in unity, the Creator of the universe” (The Breastplate of St. Patrick 1 [A.D. 447]).

“[T]here is no other God, nor has there been heretofore, nor will there be hereafter, except God the Father unbegotten, without beginning, from whom is all beginning, upholding all things, as we say, and his Son Jesus Christ, whom we likewise to confess to have always been with the Father—before the world’s beginning. . . . Jesus Christ is the Lord and God in whom we believe . . . and who has poured out on us abundantly the Holy Spirit . . . whom we confess and adore as one God in the Trinity of the sacred Name” (Confession of St. Patrick 4 [A.D. 452]).

Augustine
“All the Catholic interpreters of the divine books of the Old and New Testaments whom I have been able to read, who wrote before me about the Trinity, which is God, intended to teach in accord with the Scriptures that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are of one and the same substance constituting a divine unity with an inseparable equality; and therefore there are not three gods but one God, although the Father begot the Son, and therefore he who is the Son is not the Father; and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son but only the Spirit of the Father and of the Son, himself, too, coequal to the Father and to the Son and belonging to the unity of the Trinity” (The Trinity1:4:7 [A.D. 408]).

Fulgence of Ruspe
“See, in short you have it that the Father is one, the Son another, and the Holy Spirit another; in Person, each is other, but in nature they are not other. In this regard he says: ‘The Father and I, we are one’ (John 10:30). He teaches us that one refers to their nature, and we are to their Persons. In like manner it is said: ‘There are three who bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Spirit; and these three are one’ (1 John 5:7)” (The Trinity 4:1–2 [c. A.D. 515]).

“But in the one true God and Trinity it is naturally true not only that God is one but also that he is a Trinity, for the reason that the true God himself is a Trinity of Persons and one in nature. Through this natural unity the whole Father is in the Son and in the Holy Spirit, and the whole Holy Spirit, too, is in the Father and in the Son. None of these is outside any of the others; because no one of them precedes any other of them in eternity or exceeds any other in greatness, or is superior to any other in power” (The Rule of Faith 4 [c. A.D. 523).

1 jn 2: 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

God is immutable / unchangeable!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Heretics of the divinity / trinity!

Augustine: Saint doctor & early church father
Ambrose: Saint doctor ECF
Gregory the great: pope saint doctor ECF
Leo the great: pope saint doctor ECF
Cyril of Alexandria: saint doctor ECF
Jerome: saint doctor ECF
Athanasius: saint doctor ECF
Aquinas: Saint doctor of the church

Or

Saints and bible scholars and all trinity / divinity!

Proclaiming the truth of the divinity Jesus Christ!

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Exodus 34:6
And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Acts 9:1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God gave the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

God breathe’s life!

1st creation:

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

New creation:

John 20:22
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gregory the Wonderworker
“There is one God. . . . There is a perfect Trinity, in glory and eternity and sovereignty, neither divided nor estranged. Wherefore there is nothing either created or in servitude in the Trinity; nor anything superinduced, as if at some former period it was non-existent, and at some later period it was introduced. And thus neither was the Son ever wanting to the Father, nor the Spirit to the Son; but without variation and without change, the same Trinity abides ever” (Declaration of Faith [A.D. 265]).

Sechnall of Ireland
“Hymns, with Revelation and the Psalms of God [Patrick] sings, and does expound the same for the edifying of God’s people. This law he holds in the Trinity of the sacred Name and teaches one being in three persons” (Hymn in Praise of St. Patrick 22 [A.D. 444]).

Patrick of Ireland
“I bind to myself today the strong power of an invocation of the Trinity—the faith of the Trinity in unity, the Creator of the universe” (The Breastplate of St. Patrick 1 [A.D. 447]).

“[T]here is no other God, nor has there been heretofore, nor will there be hereafter, except God the Father unbegotten, without beginning, from whom is all beginning, upholding all things, as we say, and his Son Jesus Christ, whom we likewise to confess to have always been with the Father—before the world’s beginning. . . . Jesus Christ is the Lord and God in whom we believe . . . and who has poured out on us abundantly the Holy Spirit . . . whom we confess and adore as one God in the Trinity of the sacred Name” (Confession of St. Patrick 4 [A.D. 452]).

Augustine
“All the Catholic interpreters of the divine books of the Old and New Testaments whom I have been able to read, who wrote before me about the Trinity, which is God, intended to teach in accord with the Scriptures that the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are of one and the same substance constituting a divine unity with an inseparable equality; and therefore there are not three gods but one God, although the Father begot the Son, and therefore he who is the Son is not the Father; and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son but only the Spirit of the Father and of the Son, himself, too, coequal to the Father and to the Son and belonging to the unity of the Trinity” (The Trinity1:4:7 [A.D. 408]).

Fulgence of Ruspe
“See, in short you have it that the Father is one, the Son another, and the Holy Spirit another; in Person, each is other, but in nature they are not other. In this regard he says: ‘The Father and I, we are one’ (John 10:30). He teaches us that one refers to their nature, and we are to their Persons. In like manner it is said: ‘There are three who bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Spirit; and these three are one’ (1 John 5:7)” (The Trinity 4:1–2 [c. A.D. 515]).

“But in the one true God and Trinity it is naturally true not only that God is one but also that he is a Trinity, for the reason that the true God himself is a Trinity of Persons and one in nature. Through this natural unity the whole Father is in the Son and in the Holy Spirit, and the whole Holy Spirit, too, is in the Father and in the Son. None of these is outside any of the others; because no one of them precedes any other of them in eternity or exceeds any other in greatness, or is superior to any other in power” (The Rule of Faith 4 [c. A.D. 523).

1 jn 2: 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

God is immutable / unchangeable!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Heretics of the divinity / trinity!

Augustine: Saint doctor & early church father
Ambrose: Saint doctor ECF
Gregory the great: pope saint doctor ECF
Leo the great: pope saint doctor ECF
Cyril of Alexandria: saint doctor ECF
Jerome: saint doctor ECF
Athanasius: saint doctor ECF
Aquinas: Saint doctor of the church

Or

Saints and bible scholars and all trinity / divinity!

Proclaiming the truth of the divinity Jesus Christ!

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Exodus 34:6
And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Acts 9:1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God gave the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Only God!

God breathe’s life!

1st creation:

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

New creation:

John 20:22
And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Why do you waste your time (and ours) posting lengthy diatribes which mean nothing? Don't you have a life?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's OFFER of Salvation is universal, but its not applied until a person has FAITH IN CHRIST.
That is when GOD, applies Salvation, that is offered to everyone.

Being SAVED, has a CONDITION.

You have to BELIEVE...

"the work of God, is that you BELIEVE ON JESUS< whom God sent".

If you dont believe, then the universal offer, is not applied to you, and you'll die and go to hell.
ED ZACHARY . exactly . Now let us see if even the author of our faith agrees .
JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF once said ,
That GOD so loved the world that HE DID SEND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON ,
And that ALL who do .................BELIEVE would be saved and that all who dont will be damned .
IF JESUS SAID IT , I SAY WE BELIEVE IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe.
Matthias do you TRULY believe . What i mean by TRULY , is you say you BELIEVE
and yet do you preach a lie that says if other folks deny and believe not on him they too have THIS SALVATION .
CAUSE if you do , and i aint saying you do , YOU DONT TRULY BELEIVE AT ALL .
FOR IF you truly DID BELIEVE IN JESUS , YOU WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IN HIS TEACHINGS .
I have come to strike a dagger at the heart of the all inclusive lie .
I will expose that lie even if it costs me hours of prison and hours of torments on this earth .
CAUSE TODAYS UNIVERAL all inclusive pipe dream is a lie . AND its spawned by no other than the Father of lies himself .
EVEN the dark one oprah whimprey , pope francis , stephen furtick , todd white and scores of others
can make the same claim that they DO believe . TRUTH IS EVEN THE DEVILS BELIEVE , THEY KNOW JESUS IS THE CHRIST
the MESSIAH , But they aint save at all . FOR THEY FOLLOW HIM NOT .
TRUTH is satan has many men within many , and boy do i say many , A CHURCH itself .
IF we are like oprah whimprhey and try and make the claim that JESUS is whom we believe in
BUT THEN TURN around and say BUT ITS NOT NECESSARY FOR OTHERS to believe on him
WE LIE AND THE DEVIL IS OUR FATHER . Cause we actually chose to believe what the devil says RATHER THAN WHAT JESUS TAUGHT .
I HOPE and PRAY HEAVILY folks will hear that simple truth . As for me , THE ONLY BOOK i shall feast on IS THE BIBLE
the only GOD and CHRIST i shall follow IS THE ONE MADE MENTION OF IN THAT BIBLE .
AN frankly my dears i could give a rip what this world and churches does to me . I LOVES THE PEOPLE
THUS I is gonna point the peoples to THE JESUS OF SAID BIBLE . cause any other jesus , WELL IT AINT HIM
SATAN KNOWS how to use the name of JESUS , YET preach another image of said JESUS and make it into an image
THAT WILL WORSHIP SATAN , NOT GOD , NOT CHRIST . AGAIN i pray FOLKS will hear this simple message .

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Matthias do you TRULY believe . What i mean by TRULY , is you say you BELIEVE
and yet do you preach a lie that says if other folks deny and believe not on him they too have THIS SALVATION .
CAUSE if you do , and i aint saying you do , YOU DONT TRULY BELEIVE AT ALL .
FOR IF you truly DID BELIEVE IN JESUS , YOU WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IN HIS TEACHINGS .
I have come to strike a dagger at the heart of the all inclusive lie .
I will expose that lie even if it costs me hours of prison and hours of torments on this earth .
CAUSE TODAYS UNIVERAL all inclusive pipe dream is a lie . AND its spawned by no other than the Father of lies himself .
EVEN the dark one oprah whimprey , pope francis , stephen furtick , todd white and scores of others
can make the same claim that they DO believe . TRUTH IS EVEN THE DEVILS BELIEVE , THEY KNOW JESUS IS THE CHRIST
the MESSIAH , But they aint save at all . FOR THEY FOLLOW HIM NOT .
TRUTH is satan has many men within many , and boy do i say many , A CHURCH itself .
IF we are like oprah whimprhey and try and make the claim that JESUS is whom we believe in
BUT THEN TURN around and say BUT ITS NOT NECESSARY FOR OTHERS to believe on him
WE LIE AND THE DEVIL IS OUR FATHER . Cause we actually chose to believe what the devil says RATHER THAN WHAT JESUS TAUGHT .
I HOPE and PRAY HEAVILY folks will hear that simple truth . As for me , THE ONLY BOOK i shall feast on IS THE BIBLE
the only GOD and CHRIST i shall follow IS THE ONE MADE MENTION OF IN THAT BIBLE .
AN frankly my dears i could give a rip what this world and churches does to me . I LOVES THE PEOPLE
THUS I is gonna point the peoples to THE JESUS OF SAID BIBLE . cause any other jesus , WELL IT AINT HIM
SATAN KNOWS how to use the name of JESUS , YET preach another image of said JESUS and make it into an image
THAT WILL WORSHIP SATAN , NOT GOD , NOT CHRIST . AGAIN i pray FOLKS will hear this simple message .

Yes, I truly believe.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we truly know that one truly does believe in Christ .
Jesus once told the jews , IF YE TRULY believed MOSES you would have believed what he wrote .
How do we truly know we believe in the one true CHRIST and not just another jesus ........
IF YE BELIEVED IN JESUS YOU WOULD HAVE BELIEVED HIS TEACHINGS IN THAT BIBLE . PEROID .
PEROID .
And again i say PEROID . YE WOULD have BELIEVED what HE SAID . Not what men say .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blah, blah, blah. More Romans Catholic propaganda.

Where in the Bible does it say, "Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith." Answer: nowhere!

This is the catholic faith: one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully. Total nonsense!

Sola scriptura!
Mk 16:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing like taking a spiritual axe to the Bible!

You quote separate verses from John, Matthew, Ephesians, Acts, Hebrews, 1 Timothy, Galatians, and 1 John. As I have written before, it created a very serious problem when the texts of the Bible were chopped up into chapters and verses by Stephen Langton, a Catholic, in the 12th century. This allows people like yourself to extract individual verses out of context to distort the meaning.

You can create any false, harmful doctrine using this extractive technique, anything from beating children with rods to claiming that teenage Mary is "forever virgin", to claiming that Peter (whom a: Jesus called "Satan" and b: denied Him three times and c: was chastised by Paul (in Galatians) for his hypocrisy), to claiming that Jesus had no brothers, to claiming that Mary is the queen of heaven, etc. etc.

You also write that there is only one church. Finally, you write the truth. The church is the body of Christ (not the Catholic "church", which is a denomination).

show me a denomination in the Bible?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
show me a denomination in the Bible?

The apostle Paul gave warning against divisions in the church. We read...

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
[12] Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ."

Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you waste your time (and ours) posting lengthy diatribes which mean nothing? Don't you have a life?

these are they whom Jesus said are His witnesses acts 1;8

reject that at you’re own loss

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these are they whom Jesus said are His witnesses acts 1;8

reject that at you’re own loss

Why dont you finish that story ......

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Acts 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

YOU are the one who has "rejected" this at YOUR own loss.
You deny Jesus name at baptism, replaced it with the word "son" (which is not a name) AND you have rejected being buried with him by imersion and replaced it with "sprinkling".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostle Paul gave warning against divisions in the church. We read...

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
[12] Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ."

Regardless of Paul's concern, we now have THOUSANDS of denominations. Some of which are Lutheran (of Martin Luther the German monk who began the Protestant Reformation), some are Calvinists (of John Calvin), Baptists, Catholic and the list goes on.

nope still one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles all the rest are heretical sects the tradition of men!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Peter, like Jesus, is a Jew, a unitarian.

“The New Testament offers no new doctrine of God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is now the God and Father of Jesus Christ. Thus all Old Testament theology is implied in the New Testament.”

(The Oxford Companion To The Bible)

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the God of Jesus and the God of Peter.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Christianity, as all serious students of its history know, began as a sect of Judaism.

Judaism is unitarian, not trinitarian.

Christianity began as a unitarian sect.

Those same students also know that, over a period of several hundred years, Christianity officially ceased to be a unitarian sect. The unitarian belief of the earliest Christians - a Jewish sect - was gradually replaced with trinitarianism.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why dont you finish that story ......

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Acts 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

YOU are the one who has "rejected" this at YOUR own loss.
You deny Jesus name at baptism, replaced it with the word "son" (which is not a name) AND you have rejected being buried with him by imersion and replaced it with "sprinkling".
Peter, like Jesus, is a Jew, a unitarian.

“The New Testament offers no new doctrine of God. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is now the God and Father of Jesus Christ. Thus all Old Testament theology is implied in the New Testament.”

(The Oxford Companion To The Bible)

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the God of Jesus and the God of Peter.

According as his divine power!

“his divine power”!!!

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity, as all serious students of its history know, began as a sect of Judaism.

Judaism is unitarian, not trinitarian.

Christianity began as a unitarian sect.

Those same students also know that, over a period of several hundred years, Christianity officially ceased to be a unitarian sect. The unitarian belief of the earliest Christians - a Jewish sect - was gradually replaced with trinitarianism.

give us some early 1st three centuries writings of this Unitarianism? Or maybe an apostolic council of the church would be nice!

oh ya, only the communion of saints has these not the camp of fundamentalist heretics

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
give us some early 1st three centuries writings of this Unitarianism?

See the New Testament.

Or maybe an apostolic council of the church would be nice!

See Acts 15.

oh ya, only the communion of saints has these not the camp of fundamentalist heretics

Jesus and the apostles were considered heretics by their fellow Jews. What would he and they think of persons who moved the church away from their unitarianism to trinitarianism?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
According as his divine power!

“his divine power”!!!

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Though not at all surprising, I like the clear distinction he makes between God and Jesus.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
”It is a simple and undeniable historical fact that several major doctrines that now seem central to the Christian faith - such as the doctrine of the Trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Christ - were not present in a full and well-defined, generally accepted form until the fourth or fifth centuries. If they are essential today - as all of the orthodox creeds and confessions assert - it must be because they are true. If they are true, then they must always have been true; they cannot have become true in the fourth and fifth centuries. But if they are both true and essential, how can it be that the early church took centuries to formulate them?”

(Harold O.J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The History Of The Church, p. 20)

A “simple and undeniable historical fact that it took the early church centuries to formulate the doctrine of the Trinity and the doctrine of the deity of Christ,” claims our trinitarian scholar. If he’s right then we should be able to confirm it by looking at those centuries in Church history.