What is written in the law... How readest thou?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So asked the Writer of the law to the expert lawyer in the home of the law, the Jewish temple. This was in response to the lawyer's question, "what must I do to inherit eternal life"?
His answer, to quote
KJV Deuteronomy 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.... And
KJV Leviticus 19:18
18 ... thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself:
Was commended by Jesus, as being the correct answer.
In Revelation we are informed that the church in Thyatira was well thought of by Jesus. He commended them for their faith, their works, their patience, and their love. But He has one thing against them. They tolerated the spirit of jezebel in their midst. That spirit was intimately linked to illicit sex and idolatry. This toleration by the church was her downfall. God could not tolerate such toleration. (Read Revelation 2:18-29)
The church today is in the same danger as the church of Thyatira. The deep secrets of Satan are being revealed in our age. But are our churches tolerating this evil? Are we standing up to the evils of this generation as we ought? I started this thread with quotes from what are described in scripture as the greatest Commandments. But are we, through tolerating sin, placing the second Commandment ahead of the first? Are we tolerating the sins of this generation out of love for our neighbor, but forgetting that we ought to be loving God first with all our hearts, mind, and soul? If we truly loved God with all our hearts, mind, and soul, that is with real passion, we wouldn't be looking for excuses to disobey Him. We wouldn't be looking for reasons to justify disobedience. We wouldn't be excusing the behavior of family and friends under the devil's guise of "toleration".
Here in Victoria it is now illegal, with a prison term of ten years!!! And a fine of $10,000!!! for praying for a gay person seeking counsel, or seeking to be free from sin. Even if they ask for prayer. Even if it's your own child!!!
There
There are things we are told to do by government that do not offend God. We may not like them. They may be inconvenient, and they may even be completely illogical, but they are not sin. Like masks. Like social distancing. Like staying within 5ks from home. These things are not hills to die on. But there must be a certain line drawn in the sand beyond which we refuse to either negotiate on or step across.
KJV 1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

This is a hill to die on. Placing our love for man as a higher priority than our love for God imperils our eternal life. Tolerating the spirit of jezebel in the church is something God cannot tolerate.

Do you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength? Do you love Him with a passion, so much that you would rather die than disobey any of His Commandments? So much that you would rather bleed in jail than make excuses for others, and find reasons for yourself not to take a stand against all unrighteousness? Are you willing to put God first and foremost without reservation, having no tolerance for sin or compromise, seeking Him first and His righteousness, hungering and thirsting for righteousness that you may be filled beyond measure? Then,
KJV Revelation 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
That hour of temptation has come. Hold fast your faith... Love God with a passion... And you will not succumb to sin. Nor will you tolerate anyone telling you, even legislators, what is and what isn't sin. Call sin by it's right name. And you shall not only live yourself, but by the grace of God bring life to others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: APAK and amadeus

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So who is behind these temptations? Who is in charge of these trials and challenges that we are all facing today?

“We will keep their lives short and their minds weak while pretending to do the opposite. We will use our knowledge of science and technology in subtle ways so that they never see what is happening. We will use soft metals, aging accelerators and sedatives in food and water as well as in the air. They will be covered in poisons wherever they turn.
The soft metals will make them lose their minds. We will promise to find a cure from our many funds, and yet we will give them more poison. Chemical poisons will be absorbed through the skin of idiots who believe that certain hygiene and beauty products presented by great actors and musicians, will bring eternal youth to their faces and bodies, and through their thirsty and hungry mouths, we will destroy their minds and systems of internal organs. reproduction. However, their children will be born as disabled and deformed and we will hide this information.
The poisons will be hidden in everything around them, in what they drink, eat, breathe and wear. We have to be ingenious in distributing the poisons because they can see far. We'll teach them that poisons are good - with funny pictures and musical tones on TV. Those who are looking for them will be helpful. We'll enroll them to push our poisons.
They will see that our products are used in film and they will get used to them and will never know their true effect. When they give birth, we will inject poisons into the blood of their children and convince them that we are helping them! We will start earlier, when their minds are young, we will target their children with what children love most, sweet things.
When their teeth decay, we will fill them with metals that will kill their minds and steal their future. When their ability to learn has been affected, we have created drugs that will make them sicker and cause them other illnesses, for which we will create even more drugs. We will make them docile and weak before us, by our power. They will grow depressed, slow and obese, and when they come to us for help, we will give them more poison.
We will focus our attention on money and material goods so that they never connect with their inner self. We will distract them with fornication, external pleasures and video games, so that they are never one with the unity of all. Their minds will belong to us, and they will do as we say. If they refuse, we will find ways to implement technology that alters the mind in their lives.
We will use fear as our weapon. We will establish their governments and we will establish opposition within them. We will own both sides. We will always hide our goal, but we will continue our plan. They will do the work for us, and we will prosper from their toil.
Our families will never mix with theirs. Our blood must be pure (because it is). We will make them kill each other when they oppose us.
We will keep them separate from unity through dogma and religion. We will control all aspects of their lives and tell them what to think and how. We will guide them kindly and let them believe that they are guiding themselves.
We will instigate animosity among them through our factions. When a light shines among them, we will extinguish it by mockery or death, which suits us best. We will make them tear their hearts apart and kill their own children. We will accomplish this using hatred as our ally, anger as our friend. Hatred will completely blind them and they will never see that in their conflicts we will be their leaders.
They will be busy killing each other. They will bathe in their own blood and kill their neighbors, as long as we see that they are against us.
We will benefit greatly from this, for they will not see us, for they cannot see us. We will continue to prosper from their wars and their deaths. We will repeat this until our ultimate goal is achieved. We will continue to make them live in fear and anger, we will give them images and sounds. We will use all the tools we have to achieve this. The tools will be provided by their work. We will make them hate themselves and their neighbors.
We will always hide the divine truth from them, that we are all one. That he must never know! They must never know that color is an illusion, they must always believe that they are not equal. Drop by drop, drop by drop we will advance our goal. We will take over their lands, resources and wealth to exercise control over them. We will trick them into accepting laws that will steal the little freedom they have. We will set up a money system that will shut them down forever, keeping them and their children in debt.
When we ban them together, we will accuse them of murder and present a different story to the world because we will own all the media. We will use the media to control the flow of information and their feelings in our favor. When they rise up against us, we will crush them like insects, because they are less than that. They will be helpless to do anything about it.”
TEXT TAKEN FROM JOHN D. ROCKEFELLER MASONIC CREED - #JohnDRockefeller #MasonicCreed #Freemason #illuminati #WakeUp

Reactions: APAK

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Freemasonry is presented globally by many experts in the field as the number one enemy of mankind, and indeed, their links to secret societies are numerous and well known. And we are also fully aware, or should be, that those same secret societies are all together and linked to one another having the same agenda and same worldview... Global domination in both secular and religious fields. But Freemasonry is not the top echelon of power, although some individuals within Freemasonry are among the top. There are ranks even within Freemasons... And those at the top are, along with others in their own society, however high, are still in submission to and under the authority of others. Others who behind the scenes are the real enemy. Who guide those under them, of whom Rockefeller was but one useful idiot. And expendable if he went out of line. The government here in Victoria, and elsewhere throughout the world, are but servants to higher powers which control this world. And I am fully aware that many have their views and thoughts and opinions as to the identity of them one in charge. The one who next to Satan presents himself as a fair and neutral moral leader, one with everyone's best interests at heart, one who is considered by all as the highest authority on earth in respect to moral integrity and human relations. This outward morally untarnished exterior is the only way he can survive. And it's the only way the whole world will finally look to him as their leader, and wonder after him. He will bring "tolerance and love", he will represent all that is good and right in respect to climate change. He will be the ultimate woke warrior, while presenting his entire agenda of global control under the guise of the common good. He will say you are happy, and you will believe him. "Holy fathers" do not lie.

Reactions: APAK and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Backlit
In your first post you mentioned some things that were not "a hill to die on", but where is that hill for each of us as we serve God? Is there a point at which we according to our minds and hearts cannot yield to the ways of men?

"these things are not hills to die on. But there must be a certain line drawn in the sand beyond which we refuse to either negotiate on or step across."

Who draws the line for each one of us? Who should be drawing the line? Does God make it clear to us? Will the "line" be precisely the same for each of us in every case? Should it be the same?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Jeremiah spoke clearly, I believe, of how it was then with carnal men. Have carnal men changed since that was written?

When or how is it that a carnal man knows where his next step is to be... or not, today? Is that speaking of that same hill to die or not to die on? What difference should the Holy Spirit make for us today in our next step choice, or in our drawing of lines?

Reactions: Brakelite

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not want to go out of turn and comment on what you have suggested here @amadeus to @Backlit.....very good questions and thoughts by the way.

I will just say at this point that Backlit has hit a major chord with me, and I would think for many Christians, to be alert to know where one must stand and be counted in this world today. There is no gray/grey area on this matter. There is no relative truth here to be discussed.

There is this great temptation today, especially targeting younger more impressionable and immature Christians. It is a slow and ever present hum of conformity back to the world today. It is the real tugging on our hearts to give way to global tolerance and brotherly love, and to go along to get along, to conform, when the Spirit inside of us says, do not go, abide in me. Come out and stay out, and cease listening to carnal minds.

This is a real challenge for all Christians today. Stay strong in the Lord and allow the faith you have continue to grow.

Now, the Christian decides, if 'the hill' is to be fought on or not! Then it is to be decided by the authority of the Spirit? That's all I will say at this juncture as I do not want to distort or influence Backlit with your post.

It is a great OP @Backlit...seems very simple to understand and yet has deeper, embedded meanings, and profound implications for our growth and endurance as Christians today.

Bless you,

APAK

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
where is that hill for each of us as we serve God?
That is the gazillion dollar question my friend. And many in this forum I imagine would disagree on where our boundaries ought to be. Was Jesus lying or misleading the lawyer when He said, do this and you shall live? And how about this... Another lawyer asking a similar question...
KJV Matthew 19:16-21
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

In the above Jesus was getting more specific. Some might suggest legalistic. What? Obey the Commandments and get to heaven? Isn't that salvation by works??? Mmmm. Setting a standard... Creating boundaries... Calling one hill worthy of dying for and another a tourist attraction and a selfie photo opportunity could get us into trouble. Do we really want to go down that road?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the gazillion dollar question my friend. And many in this forum I imagine would disagree on where our boundaries ought to be...

Mmmm. Setting a standard... Creating boundaries... Calling one hill worthy of dying for and another a tourist attraction and a selfie photo opportunity could get us into trouble. Do we really want to go down that road?
We should follow the road down which the Holy Spirit leads us. Or are we leading ourselves? Remember again what Jeremiah wrote:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

That was OT, but man has not changed a bit, not walking alone he hasn't! Who is our head? Who is going to be the Head of the Body of Christ? Are we part of, or going to be part of, that Body?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So asked the Writer of the law to the expert lawyer in the home of the law, the Jewish temple. This was in response to the lawyer's question, "what must I do to inherit eternal life"?
His answer, to quote
KJV Deuteronomy 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.... And
KJV Leviticus 19:18
18 ... thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself:
Was commended by Jesus, as being the correct answer.
In Revelation we are informed that the church in Thyatira was well thought of by Jesus. He commended them for their faith, their works, their patience, and their love. But He has one thing against them. They tolerated the spirit of jezebel in their midst. That spirit was intimately linked to illicit sex and idolatry. This toleration by the church was her downfall. God could not tolerate such toleration. (Read Revelation 2:18-29)
The church today is in the same danger as the church of Thyatira. The deep secrets of Satan are being revealed in our age. But are our churches tolerating this evil? Are we standing up to the evils of this generation as we ought? I started this thread with quotes from what are described in scripture as the greatest Commandments. But are we, through tolerating sin, placing the second Commandment ahead of the first? Are we tolerating the sins of this generation out of love for our neighbor, but forgetting that we ought to be loving God first with all our hearts, mind, and soul? If we truly loved God with all our hearts, mind, and soul, that is with real passion, we wouldn't be looking for excuses to disobey Him. We wouldn't be looking for reasons to justify disobedience. We wouldn't be excusing the behavior of family and friends under the devil's guise of "toleration".
Here in Victoria it is now illegal, with a prison term of ten years!!! And a fine of $10,000!!! for praying for a gay person seeking counsel, or seeking to be free from sin. Even if they ask for prayer. Even if it's your own child!!!
There
There are things we are told to do by government that do not offend God. We may not like them. They may be inconvenient, and they may even be completely illogical, but they are not sin. Like masks. Like social distancing. Like staying within 5ks from home. These things are not hills to die on. But there must be a certain line drawn in the sand beyond which we refuse to either negotiate on or step across.
KJV 1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

This is a hill to die on. Placing our love for man as a higher priority than our love for God imperils our eternal life. Tolerating the spirit of jezebel in the church is something God cannot tolerate.

Do you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength? Do you love Him with a passion, so much that you would rather die than disobey any of His Commandments? So much that you would rather bleed in jail than make excuses for others, and find reasons for yourself not to take a stand against all unrighteousness? Are you willing to put God first and foremost without reservation, having no tolerance for sin or compromise, seeking Him first and His righteousness, hungering and thirsting for righteousness that you may be filled beyond measure? Then,
KJV Revelation 3:10
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
That hour of temptation has come. Hold fast your faith... Love God with a passion... And you will not succumb to sin. Nor will you tolerate anyone telling you, even legislators, what is and what isn't sin. Call sin by it's right name. And you shall not only live yourself, but by the grace of God bring life to others.

We are called to share the good news with a lost and dying world. We are not called to try to convert the world and make it a Christian world!

Of course we have the right to approach leaders and tell them if they pass ungodly laws it will bring harm to the nation. And if a govt. outlaws Chrisatian behavior we must obey god whatever consequences a govt. may impose on us.

I am no longer an american. I am a christian! I am in this nation as an ambassador for the kingdom of God and to announce His good news to this nation. We have to remember we are strangers and aliens on this planet. It is not our job to "fix" the world. We are not to exclude the world for being th eworld. And we alsop have an obligation to tell them if they are living in sin- but do it in love!

We MUST tolerate the world being the world! They do not have the Holy Spirit so are completely incapable of living godly. We do not tolerate worldy carnal sin in the church. If one who calls themselves a brother and is having an affair- them we judge and seek to reconcile.

But the world is fully lost. Sinning more will not make them more lost! Our primary responsibility to the world is to share the Love of God with them through the death and resurrection of Jesus for their sins, and to pray for them. We do not fellowship with them in their sin, but we do not shun them for being unbelievers either!