What is wrong with Pride?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your quotation of what Jesus said in that scripture to, and about, his God reminded me of something I read.

“God is not just any deity but a distinct divine person. … ‘Yahweh (or Yahweh of hosts) is his name.’ There is encounter here with the definite person of God.”

(Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged in One Volume, “The Name Yahweh as a Concept of Experience,” p. 489)

The God and Father of Jesus is “the definite person of God.”

Life, the life of the coming age, is connected with knowing “the definite person of God” and knowing Jesus Christ, whom “the definite person of God” sent.

That in turn reminded me of what Jesus said in John 14:1 “You believe in God [the definite person of God], believe also in me.”

Matthias,

Thank you for sharing, I see God as light, love, spirit, consuming fire, good, and that because of all these things when worshiping our Father, through prayer and asking for help by the Holy Spirit, which he also has, and seeking his Word - which He had sent named Jesus Christ.

The Living God is real, and it is so important for people to understand they in faith are literally speaking to a live and breathing pneuma GOD!

It is so amazing how very real God truly is, and what He had done by sending His Son to take care of everything for us and what an honor it is to serve the Living God be it through prayer, and sharing information with others, and to encourage people to continue to grow and keep praying and keep trusting because one day we will die.

Keep enduring the age-during life with Christ that He gives us to live by the Holy Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Christ that lives in our heart.

Thank you again for taking time to share.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, this is so true. :( Over the years on various Christian forum sites, I have run across numerous people who remind me of the Pharisee (who represents those who are confident of their own righteousness and look down on everyone else) in the Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector. (Luke 18:9-14)

Hello mailmandan,

Everything is credited to God in what I am about to say.

My life was that of a Pharisee looking down on others, in smug looks and saying these guys are all sinners (looking at other people at work), none of them read the Bible like I do, none of them pray like I do, all they do is live their life and aren't connected to God in the way I am.

I I I I that is how my life was for a very long time until the age of 26 when these thoughts started to come into my heart, through prayer and asking God, he sent me a teacher to be able to teach me the word of God, and that is when my life started to change. The Word of God is one of the most powerful tools and resources we have to get in and look and see what God has done and said, and what the people of that time and age had done, and ultimately coming to the end of the book were we completely see the victory of Jesus Christ.

It is up to an individual if they are going to continue to participate in this active relationship between God and themselves and let him guide and lead you, and to help renew your mind and heart in which the Holy Spirit that now indwells us by dying with christ, being buried with Christ, and being raised to new life through and with Christ, as the Spirit of Christ lives with-in us.

And what happened is I went from the I I I I I mindset, to You you you, thank you God for all you have done not just for me but the entire world!

Praise be to him, sir. Thank you for sharing your comment.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The passages are humbling to me sir.

God is an all consuming fire, and holy, just and right. No one can come to him and be able to stand in front of him and live, for His light and radiance only as he is a spirit would kill us.

It is amazing the God whom is love, and is good, and it’s all because of Jesus that we can even be made right before God due to Jesus and his righteousness my friend.

There are some people unfortunately lost in darkness and blinded that they believe their own self-righteousness will merit them the ability to enter into the kingdom of heavenly Jerusalem but even Jesus says this.

Matthew 10

Now I don’t believe this just a one time deal and God just cuts the person off but through this life we will have a lifetime of confessions in which we profess Christ that build up over time, and God is looking at our hearts and he knows them even the secrets hidden in them.

Praise be to God who desires for us to look to his son, and live by faith and share the good news in which he has done in accomplishing over all things that today we may have new spiritual life and die to our old ways and live for Yahweh and his will.

Everyone who does not sin against the holy spirit will be resurrected according to the Bible Matt. But when Jesus returns he is going to remove the wicked, which means they have been judged to be goats, and the Bible reveals it will be the majority of mankind. Do you think those Jesus destroys upon his return will be resurrected sir? If you do, on what Scriptural basis?

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone who does not sin against the holy spirit will be resurrected according to the Bible Matt. But when Jesus returns he is going to remove the wicked, which means they have been judged to be goats, and the Bible reveals it will be the majority of mankind. Do you think those Jesus destroys upon his return will be resurrected sir? If you do, on what Scriptural basis?
Robert,

What do you believe about that?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After you sir, personally I think it is self explanatory.

That is alright, I am not interested in discussing it. I have learned just to just shut these things down, it has taken awhile to learn. Take care, Robert, thank you for participating.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is alright, I am not interested in discussing it. I have learned just to just shut these things down, it has taken awhile to learn. Take care, Robert, thank you for participating.
Then why did you ask him the question ?

And why did you start this thread is your do not want to discuss it ?

Is not that the whole point of a thread ? For discussion, a dialogue?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did you ask him the question ?

And why did you start this thread is your do not want to discuss it ?

Is not that the whole point of a thread ? For discussion, a dialogue?

Hello Christ,

If we lived in an economy where is demanded upon people to speak when they didn’t want to… that would just be an terrible economy don’t you think?

Freedom, anyone can participate if they would like, say what they would like, not respond if they would like.

As long as we can keep is cordial and respectful, I see no problem with how communication is done.

Imagine being in that economy and we were face to face, at a dinner and someone asked me something and I said please share your take, and they said no after you. I can calmly say and respectfully decline.

It’s not a life or death situation.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Christ,

If we lived in an economy where is demanded upon people to speak when they didn’t want to… that would just be an terrible economy don’t you think?

Freedom, anyone can participate if they would like, say what they would like, not respond if they would like.

As long as we can keep is cordial and respectful, I see no problem with how communication is done.

Imagine being in that economy and we were face to face, at a dinner and someone asked me something and I said please share your take, and they said no after you. I can calmly say and respectfully decline.

It’s not a life or death situation.
Please call me by my name and not blaspheme Jesus by calling me “ Christ “.

thank you

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

The doctrine of demons has built in vices!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Thy zeal has blinded thee to the truth!

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! The just live by faith!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in rebellion!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's the Sin of Pride ?
Pride in it's self is not a problem ? as one must have Pride ?
But the Sin of Pride is another subject again.
Worldly Pride of the ego is the subject regarding Sin.
Some think that it's their own Pride that is paramount to themselves ? But a truly born again give all the glory to Jesus Christ, so such is not ego driven at all controlling them, like the carnal may see it, as justification of themselves for all to see ? they hope to be seen in such a light, look at me ! or as I have heard, Beat that !

An old wog said to me in 1982 ? So what do you think you do ! ? I was their to see his boys. so why does he say this to me directly ? So I said I am a Tiler, and he says that he is a Tile for X amount of years and then says beat that ! and I am like Good on ya.
I should of saluted him and said I will beat you !
He is in his 80's now and still claims to be a Tile, but no he is not, he is a brick. He was a brick layer who dabbled a bit in tiling in fact.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are very welcome Matt