What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not a post. I merely made an observation on the inaccuracy of the polling post because it (not a poster) left our other possibilities.

Additionally, I suggest that you (and others) apply the correct definition of the term; it means "to the man", to whatever I may post, and you will see that I never went after a poster, calling names or demeaning his character.

As an aside, if what Christophany stated, the rules here (which i admit to not seeing (despite seeking them) forbid calling out others, and going personal, I am surprised that the mods did not close this thread for that reason.

As I understand this forum, it is a place for DISCUSSION. In a DISCUSSION it is expected that not all will agree, and that there will be a give and take about the topics at hand. I will be happy to contribute to a DISCUSSION but I refuse to participate in elementary school games of name calling.
You're leaving us, then?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is ad hominem bad?

But ad hominem attacks are generally viewed as a sign of low intelligence. Even Urban Dictionary—hardly a forum for high brows—recognizes that ad hominem arguments are generally used “by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.”Dec 4, 2018

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is ad hominem bad?

But ad hominem attacks are generally viewed as a sign of low intelligence. Even Urban Dictionary—hardly a forum for high brows—recognizes that ad hominem arguments are generally used “by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.”Dec 4, 2018
Addressing legitimate ill-behavior is not ad hominem, and "ad-hominem" is often the cry of those who are thus addressed.
A good example of ad hominem would, however, be suggesting that someone possesses a low level of intelligence if they are doing or saying something that is disagreeable to the suggester. Something I've never done, by the way.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody have any other ideas about what keeps saints and angels from sinning throughout eternity future?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look I will say one last thing on this issue and lay it to rest and this speaks to everyone of us here. Lets bury this put it behind us and give us all a clean slate and forgive one another. That means not holding anything that has happened in the past and use it against another person. Let us apply this to our discussion below and act like adult mature christians.

Matthew 5:43-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: john t

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I described your POSTS, Barney. I did not call you names as you just did to me in your last post:

I'm just going to cite two of the most egregious examples of your narcissistic, pompous pontificating

I made a reasonable assumption about your theology, (NOT YOUR PERSON) based upon your posts..

Are perhaps COJCLDS?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I described your POSTS, Barney. I did not call you names as you just did to me in your last post:

I made a reasonable assumption about your theology, (NOT YOUR PERSON) based upon your posts..

Are perhaps COJCLDS?
I didn't call you names. I specifically desrcibed your behavior. And the examples I gave were addressed to someone other than me. Just gotta put me in a box, huh? I'm not even close to being a Mormon (although some of the finest people I know are). Simply amazing. When are you going to get it through your head that this is not about theology? It's about the way you talk to people. Maybe over at CARM it's okay to talk down to people you disagree with. It's not looked upon terribly fondly in most forums. You'll get away with it here more readily than you would at CF, to be sure, but it is unChrist-like behavior. I forgave you the minute you spoke offensively to me. That's how forgiveness works. It's not an event, it's a state of mind. It is the very glory of God. Christ had no time to kneel and pray for strength to forgive the high priest's guard when he struck Him. But I'm not going to stand by and watch you spank people who've been here for years without saying anything. I'll give up soon enough, and I bear you no malice, but I concede nothing. Narcissistic behavior does not necessarily a narcissist make. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look I will say one last thing on this issue and lay it to rest and this speaks to everyone of us here. Lets bury this put it behind us and give us all a clean slate and forgive one another. That means not holding anything that has happened in the past and use it against another person. Let us apply this to our discussion below and act like adult mature christians.

Matthew 5:43-48
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

hope this helps !!!
Thanks for the orders, but I have my own convictions to consult.