What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't believe that the Scripture you've quoted means that absolutely every trace of Christ's sacrifice will be removed. I think discussing it further might prove to be hollowly argumentative. I'll be happy to let you have the last word, though. :)
No worries!

If I were to give a "last word" . . . maybe . . . I think God is working for us a restoration to all that was lost, including total innocence, and with the addition of incorruptability.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Completely open!

I think people tend to reveal how weak they think their argument is by how much they make things personal.

I guess there are many people to feel more equipped to attack someone personally then to support their own theology!

Much love!
I don't think I ever had a scriptural argument with the man. If I remember right, I called him out for giving @bbyrd009 a dressing down. I make no apologies for that. He decided to argue about his conduct, and he seems to have last-word-itis about it. I've got nothing but time on my hands. He's been rude, sardonic, and massively condescending. I'm slightly angry with cause (Matthew 5:22) because I've seen this type of thing turn into outright bullying before.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No worries!

If I were to give a "last word" . . . maybe . . . I think God is working for us a restoration to all that was lost, including total innocence, and with the addition of incorruptability.

Much love!
;)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I ever had a scriptural argument with the man. If I remember right, I called him out for giving @bbyrd009 a dressing down. I make no apologies for that. He decided to argue about his conduct, and he seems to have last-word-itis about it. I've got nothing but time on my hands. He's been rude, sardonic, and massively condescending. I'm slightly angry with cause (Matthew 5:22) because I've seen this type of thing turn into outright bullying before.
As an outside observer, I have a slightly different view. I'm seeing some 'tit-for-tat', not that you asked.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In dealing with Scripture, especially in the NT it is important to have a modicum of understanding of grammar. It carries over to common English writing, also.
While this might be a good thing in order to allow any kind of written communication at all... perfect understanding and usage of the rules of grammar in any language would hardly be equal to perfect understanding of God's message to men. For that we have the Holy Spirit.

I guess you were not here a while back when I told about the illiterate Central American [I believe from Nicaragua] I met, who knew God better than many very well educated people I knew. He could not read even in Spanish his native language and the only one he knew. But... he gave a beautiful testimony without ever having read a Bible.

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

You surely do not believe that God, who is no respecter of person has given an advantage in matters that ultimately count to a well educated believer over someone who is completely illiterate or to a person who can barely read? Think about the very knowledgeable Pharisees in the days when Jesus walked as a man the streets of Jerusalem. Think of the uneducated fishermen who followed Jesus..

We, of course, must use what God has given us, but His judgement is based on what have done with what we have.

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think maybe he just wants attention. Some people had parents who ignored them when they behaved well as children. They learned the best way to get attention was by being rude. I've seen it in stores: Children were ignored when they politely tried to talk to their parents. Then they did something that got Mommy's attention.

When someone acts like that, I try a different tactic: Ignore them when they're rude and answer them when they're polite. Perhaps it's not too late for them to learn good manners. That's the reason I put John T on ignore. Maybe if everyone ignored him when he's rude, he'd try being polite. I can't tell others what to do, but I find things more relaxing without his rude chatter.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think maybe he just wants attention. Some people had parents who ignored them when they behaved well as children. They learned the best way to get attention was by being rude. I've seen it in stores: Children were ignored when they politely tried to talk to their parents. Then they did something that got Mommy's attention.

When someone acts like that, I try a different tactic: Ignore them when they're rude and answer them when they're polite. Perhaps it's not too late for them to learn good manners. That's the reason I put John T on ignore. Maybe if everyone ignored him when he's rude, he'd try being polite. I can't tell others what to do, but I find things more relaxing without his rude chatter.
Believe it or not, confrontation is really not my thing, but I confess I'm ill-equipped to suffer a bully, and pro-active to call one out. As Barney always says: "Nip It!" I don't know that he's a bully, but I can't help but suspect he's actually holding back, even as unruly as he's been. He as much as consigned bbyrd to the flames, practically. This isn't CARM. It's an open forum. Ppl have a right to their beliefs. Religious liberty isn't real popular at CARM. Anyhow Marks thinks I should back off, and I don't want to wait until everybody's getting with me about it. Nice post, G. :D

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not, confrontation is really not my thing, but I confess I'm ill-equipped to suffer a bully, and pro-active to call one out. As Barney always says: "Nip It!" I don't know that he's a bully, but I can't help but suspect he's actually holding back, even as unruly as he's been. He as much as consigned bbyrd to the flames, practically. This isn't CARM. It's an open forum. Ppl have a right to their beliefs. Religious liberty isn't real popular at CARM. Anyhow Marks thinks I should back off, and I don't want to wait until everybody's getting with me about it. Nice post, G. :D
Some bullying types feel they need to hold back -- it might spoil their "Christian" reputation if they let their real feelings come out.

People can do whatever they like; but I think it's mostly a waste of time to take some people on in any extended way. Some people also enjoy it if they can upset others or get them to post something they regret. Ha, that makes them look like they are better Christians than others. Maybe it's a game to try to feel better about themselves? Who knows? But it's not my problem.

Here's something to think about. Why did Jesus call people hypocrites? I don't think he did it hoping to change them or even to embarrass them. They already knew what they were. I think he was pointing out their hypocrisy to the ordinary folks. It's like the story the Emperor's New Clothes.

I don't hope very much to correct bullies. Maybe the most I can probably do is point them out so others aren't impressed by their tactics, so their victims don't feel everyone is siding with the bullies.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. That's the reason I put John T on ignore. Maybe if everyone ignored him when he's rude, he'd try being polite. I can't tell others what to do, but I find things more relaxing without his rude chatter.
On Facebook, yes I'm there too, I have mentioned several times that there needs to be a "shaking my head in bewilderment" emoji available. I would probably use it constantly.
Here, I think there could be a "I'm laughing hysterically because I've had a crap day and you've brightened it up" emoji which I would have used in response to your post above.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So snarkiness is the proper response when confronted with a clear directive from Scripture?

You see, I am aware that y'all are upset at me because I insist in adherence to what Scripture says. In reality though, I am not your enemy. I am merely a messenger. Collectively, your anger is at God, and what He said in His Bible.

It is y'all, not me who will need to explain at the Judgment Seat your open contempt for the Bible, and what God says in it, not me.
Oh boy. Where is your sense of humor? You seem to be wound up tighter than my vacuum cleaner power cord. One slight touch and it retracts taking your legs out with it from beneath you.
Look. None of us hold the Bible in contempt. You can exalt yourself and beef up your formidable education till the Arctic Ice cap melts, and in the words of that old song, that don't impress me much.
Some friendly advice...
What impresses me is friendliness and a willingness to listen and be corrected. To be able to discuss opposing points of view and remain friends.
The original languages of scripture are all Greek to me. Not that I'm decrying anyone their desire to improve understanding and knowledge. Far from it. But someone new to the forum bursting in from elsewhere boasting of their credentials and whining because not everyone goes down to their knees in reverence is not going to encourage people to listen.
And just for your information, I can guarantee that I could uncover at least one doctrinal error in your theology. At least one. And that's without any understanding of Greek. Without any need to understand Greek. Just simple old archaic every day run of the mill ugly English. Now I'm not boasting, I'm simply stating an obvious fact... None of us, professors, priests, seminary students included, (and there are several of those among us... We are not all wholly ignorant) can claim to have such flawless understanding of scripture that we would pompously demand
Yall who have thrown out so many ad hominems shall not presume to lecture me on what Scripture says

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some bullying types feel they need to hold back -- it might spoil their "Christian" reputation if they let their real feelings come out.

And just for your information, I can guarantee that I could uncover at least one doctrinal error in your theology. At least one. And that's without any understanding of Greek. Without any need to understand Greek. ...

That is quite the prideful and irrational statement! You know ZERO about what I believe, excepting what I posted previously, but your imperious smugness is able to disprove it.

As a matter of record:

There are NONE of y'all who have attempted to discuss any theology or what the Scripture says with me. Instead, I have seen posters acting like third graders on the playground attacking my person because they did not want to engage in a rational discussion.

In total silliness, y'all attacked my vocabulary as if I was using it to "put you down" or intimidate. That surely was never the case. The vocabulary of a person, as well as the academic qualifications of persons are merely tools of communication, and your collective objections tell more about y'all than it does me.

Then to characterize me as a "bully" is simply preposterous paranoia. You see, God did not stutter when He caused the Bible to be written. So if one is able to "cut to the chase" and say, "This is in the original language, not that." why all the drama?

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

People can do whatever they like; but I think it's mostly a waste of time to take some people on in any extended way. Some people also enjoy it if they can upset others or get them to post something they regret. Ha, that makes them look like they are better Christians than others. Maybe it's a game to try to feel better about themselves? Who knows? But it's not my problem.

Here's something to think about. Why did Jesus call people hypocrites? I don't think he did it hoping to change them or even to embarrass them. They already knew what they were. I think he was pointing out their hypocrisy to the ordinary folks. It's like the story the Emperor's New Clothes.

I don't hope very much to correct bullies. Maybe the most I can probably do is point them out so others aren't impressed by their tactics, so their victims don't feel everyone is siding with the bullies.
Isn't discussing another poster against forum rules ?

Reactions: john t

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I have so many ad hominems hurled at me like barn floor scrapings thrown into a fan, I think that that rule is selectively and unevenly enforced.

Good post, though.
Its a common courtesy on every forum I've seen and understood by all. Its says much about a person when they assume to know what a person believes and discusses that person with others openly.

God condemns such horrible behavior as gossip, slander, malice etc..........

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
doesn't matter who now does it and nice deflection for your behavior to justify it and make you feel better. I discuss the post not the poster.

You want to discuss ethics and morals by Gods standards then lets have at it and leave other posters out of the discussion and stick to scripture and our responsibility to act accordingly.

BTW- I can care less if you want to discuss me with others because I have real THICK skin and it doesn't bother me. I'm use to being attacked by those who have opposing views of traditional Christian doctrines held throughout the centuries by the church, ECF's , Creeds etc....

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to discuss ethics and morals by Gods standards then lets have at it and leave other posters out of the discussion and stick to scripture and our responsibility to act accordingly.

BTW- I can care less if you want to discuss me with others because I have real THICK skin and it doesn't bother me. I'm use to being attacked by those who have opposing views of traditional Christian doctrines held throughout the centuries by the church, ECF's , Creeds etc....
I can't believe you guys still don't get it.