What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe you guys still don't get it.
I get it as I'm an onlooker seeing things from the outside watching the exchange between all your "friends" teaming up on him and discussing him among yourselves.

And if anything you should welcome challenges from new members and defend what you believe minus the rhetoric and ad hominem attacks.

You should be defending Scripture and ideas and not discussing the poster. Thats forum etiquette 101.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: john t

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I ever had a scriptural argument with the man.

EXACTLY! There are ZERO of you posters wanting to discuss things on that level

If I remember right, I called him out for giving @bbyrd009 a dressing down.
You are not "correctly remembering". You took as a personal affront my effort to seek clarification, and to use Scripture for support.

I make no apologies for that.
Your issue, not mine

He decided to argue about his conduct,
So I am supposed to accept all the insults you and others give me without question? PREPOSTEROUS!

and he seems to have last-word-itis about it.
YEP! You are saying that I should take as absolute truth your ad hominems and false accusations. Thanks for proving you are thus posting on the level of a playground bully

He's been rude, sardonic, and massively condescending. I'm slightly angry with cause (Matthew 5:22) because I've seen this type of thing turn into outright bullying before.

On other forums, I am NEVER accused of doing that, therefore I demand you provide an example. If you are unable to do so, then your words stand in silent testament of self-condemnation (among other possible things).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not "correctly remembering". You took as a personal affront my effort to seek clarification, and to use Scripture for support.
I am putting you on ignore for making this statement. I don't know what your problem is; but I see it's going to be impossible to hold a rational discussion with you.

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am putting you on ignore for making this statement. I don't know what your problem is; but I see it's going to be impossible to hold a rational discussion with you.

To quote the philosopher Shania Twain:
THAT DON'T IMPRESS ME MUCH!

That is hilarious! You and your buddies start the personal attacks, so now you put me on ignore because I expose your multiple failures of rising to the level of a rational, Scripture-based discussion.

NONE of your buddies can EVER cite evidence of where y'all took to Scripture to rebut my claims. Nor can you find evidence of any reply from you and the "gang" where you did not include some sort of insult. If you can provide one, I shall apologize for assuming that ALL of you are equally guilty in the slinging of insults every time you posted to me.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it as I'm an onlooker seeing things from the outside watching the exchange between all your "friends" teaming up on him and discussing him among yourselves.
You and he seem eager to act as a team -- odd then to look at others as being guilty of what you do. At any rate, I'm tired of you too. You can join your pal on my ignore list. I encourage other members to ignore this pair also. I am not interested in "teaming up" on anyone.

He showed up as an example of a type. We stopped talking about him so much as an individual and started discussing the type more.

Reactions: BarneyFife

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and he seem eager to act as a team -- odd then to look at others as being guilty of what you do. At any rate, I'm tired of you too. You can join your pal on my ignore list. I encourage other members to ignore this pair also. I am not interested in "teaming up" on anyone.

He showed up as an example of a type. We stopped talking about him so much as an individual and started discussing the type more.
Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Romans 14:19
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

hope this helps !!!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

Romans 14:19
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

hope this helps !!!
It would help if you directed it to the person who needs to hear it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think that may work with friends. Iron with iron among enemies can lead to other things. :)

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
yeh, i dont think it works with friends either! lol
"sharpens the countenance..."
you might think it works but God says He knows it works,
funny how we just gloss over terms i guess huh

Reactions: Giuliano

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

therefore I demand you provide an example.
It is a form of dishonesty to take a snippet of a sentence and make it appear as if I stated a different thought than what I ACTUALLY posted

PAY ATTENTION TO THE ACTUAL WORDS:
On other forums, I am NEVER accused of doing that, therefore I demand you provide an example. If you are unable to do so, then your words stand in silent testament of self-condemnation (among other possible things).

Are you absolutely sure this is the way you want to go? How about 30 examples?

Yep! Prove that I went ad hominem. then while you are at it, count the number of times that you or your buddies actually dealt with the Scriptures that I originally provided from the date of my first post Saturday at 5:01 PM #518 to the first Scripture reference I quoted Acts 1 Saturday at 11:49 PM #524.

I count ZERO times of any Scripture dialog coming from you or your buddies. Should I count and list the ad hominems y'all hurled at me?

john t

Aug 15, 2020
finger lakes
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was your first post on this thread. Your first sentence. Makes this one...

Look somewhat redundant don't you think?
You are not a post. I merely made an observation on the inaccuracy of the polling post because it (not a poster) left our other possibilities.

Additionally, I suggest that you (and others) apply the correct definition of the term; it means "to the man", to whatever I may post, and you will see that I never went after a poster, calling names or demeaning his character.

As an aside, if what Christophany stated, the rules here (which i admit to not seeing (despite seeking them) forbid calling out others, and going personal, I am surprised that the mods did not close this thread for that reason.

As I understand this forum, it is a place for DISCUSSION. In a DISCUSSION it is expected that not all will agree, and that there will be a give and take about the topics at hand. I will be happy to contribute to a DISCUSSION but I refuse to participate in elementary school games of name calling.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a form of dishonesty to take a snippet of a sentence and make it appear as if I stated a different thought than what I ACTUALLY posted

PAY ATTENTION TO THE ACTUAL WORDS:

Yep! Prove that I went ad hominem. then while you are at it, count the number of times that you or your buddies actually dealt with the Scriptures that I originally provided from the date of my first post Saturday at 5:01 PM #518 to the first Scripture reference I quoted Acts 1 Saturday at 11:49 PM #524.

I count ZERO times of any Scripture dialog coming from you or your buddies. Should I count and list the ad hominems y'all hurled at me?
First of all, I never accused you of ad hominem. I observed very specific behaviors which I made plain. I've only been here for a few short weeks. I don't have "buddies" yet. I'm past ready to have done with this, and since it's clear to me that not only do you intend to dictate all terms based on your perceptions of propriety, but that you also actually expect me to do half of your legwork for you, I'm just going to cite two of the most egregious examples of your narcissistic, pompous pontificating and call it a day:

You are thus in error on several counts:
  1. It is the obligation of the one making the claim that what was posted actually came from Scripture; hence the CFR.
  2. If something is not in the Bible, it is then NOT IN THE BIBLE. Therefore your fault-finding is as inane as it is frivolous.
  3. When I joke around, I often use an emoticon to let others know not to take the post seriously
  4. What you guys have done is to turn my posts against me. I am NOT the issue here.
  5. Despite all your personal kvetching, NONE of you have supplied the Scriptures to which you "alluded". In the many subsequent posts, each of you were given opportunity to cite those non-existent Scripture verses, and that would have immediately ended this farce of a discussion.
  6. At this point, your collective non-responses is that neither of you have Scripture evidence to back up your opinions, or else you would have posted them.
  7. Thus the absence of evidence from Scripture is evidence that your standards of your sources of belief are not found in the Bible. In other words, you create your own god, then worship it.

All you posted in uninformed, non Scripture-based opinion.

As such, you have no other foundation other than "I think that.........."

From that, and from your previous posts, it is reasonable to assume that you know neither the love of, nor the mercy of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

As a result of that, and due to your spiritual blindness (referenced below as to its origin):

2 Corinthians 4:
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. You shall remain in that state of darkness unless you call out to Jesus for Him to give you spiritual sight.

I don't even know what to say...

Whatever you have to say, please make it quick, so I can flip the -ignore- switch and move on with my life. I'll probably get reported and banned for telling the truth.