What Keeps Us From Sinning In Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will we keep from sinning throughout eternity?

• Total voters

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you have it. You want to be under the law.
Actually, all sinners are under the Law right now.

Only Spirit led saints are free from the Law, except per marriage.

Marriage is a permitted carnal act governed by the Law.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

True. This is why I haven't dated since my Christian husband left me for the wife of his best friend and married her.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Paul a Spirit led Christian?
Yes.

His flesh was governed by the Law, causing death.

But his spirit was free.

This is why we must ultimately shed our flesh.

The spirit is saved, but the carnal flesh is not.

Jesus saves the spirit, not the carnal flesh.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

His flesh was governed by the Law, causing death.

But his spirit was free.

This is why we must ultimately shed our flesh.

The spirit is saved, but the carnal flesh is not.

Jesus saves the spirit, not the carnal flesh.

How do you explain that we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit while still alive?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you explain that we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit while still alive?
Because we are now partakers of His divine nature.

Not our flesh, but our spirit is.

Our flesh wrestles with His divine nature.

Our spirit loves it.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking back my best memories of the college days are of the fellowship. But... even at that my two best friends were atheists. I never was nor could be although I did try for a while. It would not work. I could not even be an agnostic. My personal experiences with God as a Catholic Altar boy were real. I knew nothing of what the Bible contained other than the stories the nuns told and what the priest would say during mass, but I had encounters with God for certain two times, once at age 6 during Catholic baptism and the second time at age 10 out in a field behind my grandmother's house.

What I heard during my college years really was nonsense, especially in a Philosophy class, but I knew nothing to say and kept my mouth shut. A lot of water under the bridge since then... Both of my friends were smarter than me as far as IQ I guess according to the grade averages... if that means anything, but they were both dummies with regard to some really important things... to me anyway. Nevertheless at the time they were good to me and helped me in some bad situations. God was working on my behalf even then even though I did not know until years later.
Yes, atheism does seem to be a disease that attacks mostly brilliant minds.

Reactions: Truther and amadeus

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, atheism does seem to be a disease that attacks mostly brilliant minds.
And fools...

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Reactions: amadeus

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, what it means is that whatever He says comes to pass.
That is dodging the question. Lies can be about the past, present or future. Even if I agreed with you that it applied only to the future, the question still needs to be answered: Why not?

Please try to come to terms with it. God cannot lie. Why not? If we come closer to the answer for that, we may find ourselves closer to answering the question in the OP.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And fools...

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Oh, but the biggest fools are the fools who have the largest mental capacity.

Reactions: Truther and amadeus

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because we are now partakers of His divine nature.

Not our flesh, but our spirit is.

Our flesh wrestles with His divine nature.

Our spirit loves it.

This is where we agree on one point, but don't agree on another.

The carnal flesh is our carnal corrupted spirit nature. It is not our body. Our body must put on immortality just like our spirit/nature became alive unto Christ and has already put on immortality.

We no longer have to struggle against the old nature of sin, because the Spirit freed us from sin.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is dodging the question. Lies can be about the past, present or future. Even if I agreed with you that it applied only to the future, the question still needs to be answered: Why not?

Please try to come to terms with it. God cannot lie. Why not? If we come closer to the answer for that, we may find ourselves closer to answering the question in the OP.
But, you see, I don't agree that it only applies to the future. Linear time is God's plaything, if He so chooses. He is not bound by the constraints of His own conceptions. No dodging required.