What love is

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

timf

Jan 1, 2011
... it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful.

so you assume that you are the only person in the world who knows this and have a need to tell those who already knew?

Maybe some of us need to be told more than once. Maybe even being told is not the same as knowing. Maybe knowing is not the same as doing. Maybe some of us need continual reminders to surrender our own selfishness so that the love of Jesus can be seen through us.

Considering my age and the scant progress I have made ridding myself of my own selfishness. I benefit from every reminder and call to stop thinking of God as my co-pilot and start thinking of Him as my pilot.

When I look at myself in truth I see someone who constantly takes offense and is resentful. I understand the the definition of love is essentially selflessness. For me, every call to be holy, to show more love, and to be more like Jesus are just reminders that like the tax collector in Luke 18, I can only say, "God have mercy on me, a sinner".

There are some of us who need more repetition and benefit when someone follows the admonition;

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011

I learned something interesting from Rabi Daniel Lapin. Of course you can interpret it anyway you like. In the Hebrew language the word for love is אהבה. The two middle letters [font="arial][size="2"]הב translate to mean give. I believe that the Hebrew language is Gods language and that there are no coincidents in the language (at least the ancient version). That being said, I believe giving is a symptom of love. Giving to someone that you love could mean giving time, giving up what you want, etc. This is a very interesting piece of information. [/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]
[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Here is a link to Lapins website [/size][/font]http://www.rabbidaniellapin.com/index.php