What makes a doctrine false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JIM stop trying to fool folks . You knew darn well what things mean .
You try and behave like you dont even know who pope franics is .
JIM , i refuse to insult your intelligence . YOU KNOW full well
what progressive christianity is . You aint dumb . YOU educated . YOU KNOW JIM .
stop trying to play a fool . YOU KNOW and you know I KNOW .
Lets both keep it real . I aint afraid to come out and say what i beleive .
YOU forget i watch You jim . i watch and read a lot , a lot of what most folks teach n say .
THEN I watch them contradict themselves non stop in other places .
I watch jim . And i know you thinks me on the level of a first , maybe second grade ,
BUT JIM i would be a liar if i at least didnt let you know something .
MY MEMORY . IT REMEMBERS my friend . Believe me i dont want to sound like i am boasting
cause I KNOW GOD can take away anything . THE ONLY reason i brought that up
was to help you understand . I REMEMBER THINGS JIM . always have .
i told you folks used to marvel at some things about me jim . MEMORY WAS ONE OF THEM .
I WATCH YOU JIM . YOU are not being honest at all about SOME THINGS .
PS , i will pray for you jim . I know how some folks work and by GRACE i wont be falling for it .
You are right about two things: I am educated (both in universities and Bible school) and, unlike yourself, I do know what things actually mean. BTW, what is your education level? Have you gone to college or Bible school?

The rest of your post, which is just like all the previous ones, doesn't even deserve a reply.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right about two things: I am educated (both in universities and Bible school) and, unlike yourself, I do know what things actually mean. BTW, what is your education level? Have you gone to college or Bible school?

The rest of your post, which is just like all the previous ones, doesn't even deserve a reply.
Well , just pray folks dont read the other part . cause if they do jim and they do start
going to threads that simply spoke against homosexuality
MAN they gonna see what i seen a long time ago my friend . They gonna see a man
who goes after anyone who even calls it a sin
AND tries to make them look like a monster and a hater JUST cause they even dared to say it was a sin .
THIS IS WHY you have come against me big time .
AND we both know its why you call me a hater . IF I EVEN REMIND the church , the peoples we
need to correct that sin or , even dare make mention about abortion . WELL I IS THE MONSTER IN YOUR EYES .
And you better hurry now and start erasing posts . CAUSE folks might actually start investiigating jim
and then BAM the agenda of the social gospel progressive mindset will end .
HURRY JIM . You dont want folks knowing that OL amigo MIGHT BE RIGHT and had been innocent of your false accusations all along .
HURRY jim , THEY might actually read and see you are play the fool at times .
THAT i have talked with you about the social gosple before and that i have even exposed the progressive deconstruction led
liberal mindet , WHICH YOU DEFENDED .
HURRY JIM . get busy , start erasing stuff . cause we BOTH KNOW , YOU aint dumb
and i think you might be starting to figure out , OL AMIGO was not the OL DUMMY ya thought i was .
HURRY JIM , you dont want ol amigo look right and you wrong .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well , just pray folks dont read the other part . cause if they do jim and they do start
going to threads that simply spoke against homosexuality
MAN they gonna see what i seen a long time ago my friend . They gonna see a man
who goes after anyone who even calls it a sin
AND tries to make them look like a monster and a hater JUST cause they even dared to say it was a sin .
THIS IS WHY you have come against me big time .
AND we both know its why you call me a hater . IF I EVEN REMIND the church , the peoples we
need to correct that sin or , even dare make mention about abortion . WELL I IS THE MONSTER IN YOUR EYES .
And you better hurry now and start erasing posts . CAUSE folks might actually start investiigating jim
and then BAM the agenda of the social gospel progressive mindset will end .
HURRY JIM . You dont want folks knowing that OL amigo MIGHT BE RIGHT and had been innocent of your false accusations all along .
HURRY jim , THEY might actually read and see you are play the fool at times .
THAT i have talked with you about the social gosple before and that i have even exposed the progressive deconstruction led
liberal mindet , WHICH YOU DEFENDED .
HURRY JIM . get busy , start erasing stuff . cause we BOTH KNOW , YOU aint dumb
and i think you might be starting to figure out , OL AMIGO was not the OL DUMMY ya thought i was .
HURRY JIM , you dont want ol amigo look right and you wrong .
I am copying-and-pasting here another post that I wrote...

Again...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." John 3:16-18

I see no person excluded from this, including those whom you slander: homosexuals, liberals, etc. So whose words should I accept, yours or God's?

You are full of judgement of anyone who isn't a white, Christian, male conservative. You claim to follow Christ, but you ignore Matthew 7:1-5...

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

When you even begin to behave like that then I will have some respect for you. Until then,
I DON'T!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus famously said, repeating a command from the Old Testament, in Matthew 22:34-40...

"Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” [emphasis mine, of course]

But what happens if your neighbor is not white? What happens if your neighbor is LGBTQ? What happens if your neighbor is a political liberal? What happens if your neighbor is a Christian and loves all others, regardless of their gender, race, politics? What happens if your neighbor reads the Bible and actually believes what it says?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
BTW, what is your education level? Have you gone to college or Bible school?
Oh, for crying out loud.
Here we go.
It takes left wing universities to mess up people.

I have heard great sermons by Holy Spirit Filled labourers.
I have heard lousy sermons by University Educated preachers.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am copying-and-pasting here another post that I wrote...

Again...

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." John 3:16-18

I see no person excluded from this, including those whom you slander: homosexuals, liberals, etc. So whose words should I accept, yours or God's?

You are full of judgement of anyone who isn't a white, Christian, male conservative. You claim to follow Christ, but you ignore Matthew 7:1-5...

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

When you even begin to behave like that then I will have some respect for you. Until then,
I DON'T!
I dont slander anyone . I speak the truth jim . Lest you think paul was slangering
when he said homosexuals or etc wont inherit the kingdom of GOD .
SLANDERING is not what the social progressive gospel says it is .
IF , for example i was calling them fags that need to burn in hell . YEAH THAT IS SLANDER .
BUT IF i am simply saying that we need to correct such behavoir and not accept such behavor in the church .
THAT AINT SLANDER JIM . ITS LOVE .
WE must correct all sin and error within the church . AND its not slander to say DONT MURDER
lest you think me saying a murderr wont inherit the kingdom of GOD IS SLANDER
ME saying to THE CHURCH , THE CHURCH that homosexuality IS SIN . AINT SLANDER JIM nor is it slandering anyone .
ITS SIMPLY THE TRUTH . ALL SIN , ALL ERROR in the church must be corrected .
The progressive act as though to speak out against ANY such sins in the church IS SIN IS SLANDER .
NO . IT AINT JIM . ITS GOOD to do so .
The churches under the guise of seeker friendly progressive men
Have led the churches right into a lie .
A LIE which says , IF YOU EVEN DARE MAKE MENTION of their sins In the CHURCH you are dangerous
or harming them , or running folks off .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont slander anyone . I speak the truth jim . Lest you think paul was slangering
when he said homosexuals or etc wont inherit the kingdom of GOD .
SLANDERING is not what the social progressive gospel says it is .
IF , for example i was calling them fags that need to burn in hell . YEAH THAT IS SLANDER .
BUT IF i am simply saying that we need to correct such behavoir and not accept such behavor in the church .
THAT AINT SLANDER JIM . ITS LOVE .
WE must correct all sin and error within the church . AND its not slander to say DONT MURDER
lest you think me saying a murderr wont inherit the kingdom of GOD IS SLANDER
ME saying to THE CHURCH , THE CHURCH that homosexuality IS SIN . AINT SLANDER JIM nor is it slandering anyone .
ITS SIMPLY THE TRUTH . ALL SIN , ALL ERROR in the church must be corrected .
The progressive act as though to speak out against ANY such sins in the church IS SIN IS SLANDER .
NO . IT AINT JIM . ITS GOOD to do so .
The churches under the guise of seeker friendly progressive men
Have led the churches right into a lie .
A LIE which says , IF YOU EVEN DARE MAKE MENTION of their sins In the CHURCH you are dangerous
or harming them , or running folks off .
You wrote "I dont slander anyone . I speak the truth jim ". Even the Pharisees believed that they spoke the truth, but Jesus said to them, “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

What is "slangering", as in "you think paul was slangering"? (Your words). Now typically, you selectively choose what you want the Bible to say. You state that "homosexuals or etc wont inherit the kingdom of GOD". If you're referring to Romans 1, you are misunderstanding Scripture. The people that Paul warned were idolaters who, even though they knew God...

Romans 1:18-23, "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles."

So you are clearly misapplying Scripture! Those people knew God and were idolaters. That was their sin!!!

Then, after a few words about same-sex relations, Paul wrote this: "Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

It just shows your clear bias when you ignore the Scripture above and below the words about same-sex relations! Their sin was IDOLATRY! You focus on same-sex relations and ignore the rest of their sinful behavior: every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity, envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice, gossip, slander, God-hating, insolence, arrogance and boasting.

Those people knew God yet they worshipped idols. But in your twisted thinking, you think it's about homosexuals! Amazing! Can't you read what God's word actually says? Or must you distort it to fit your twisted doctrine?

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU??? You neglect idolatry, murder, and hatred of God, and focus on same-sex relations? REALLY???

Again, Jesus said NOTHING about same-sex relations, but He did mention marital infidelity. But I guess your priorities are more correct than the Lord's, correct?

Your hatred is opposed to the wisdom of Jesus Christ and Paul. Guess whom I believe!

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, @amigo. what is your education level? Have you gone to college or Bible school?

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely the Bible is the only means of comparison that we have to judge anything that is doctrinal.
Thanks.
That's a common response to the question. However...
There is no consensus on what the Bible means. That's the problem.
Who's interpretation is correct?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "I dont slander anyone . I speak the truth jim ". Even the Pharisees believed that they spoke the truth, but Jesus said to them, “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

What is "slangering", as in "you think paul was slangering"? (Your words). Now typically, you selectively choose what you want the Bible to say. You state that "homosexuals or etc wont inherit the kingdom of GOD". If you're referring to Romans 1, you are misunderstanding Scripture. The people that Paul warned were idolaters who, even though they knew God...

Romans 1:18-23, "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles."

So you are clearly misapplying Scripture! Those people knew God and were idolaters. That was their sin!!!

Then, after a few words about same-sex relations, Paul wrote this: "Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

It just shows your clear bias when you ignore the Scripture above and below the words about same-sex relations! Their sin was IDOLATRY! You focus on same-sex relations and ignore the rest of their sinful behavior: every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity, envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice, gossip, slander, God-hating, insolence, arrogance and boasting.

Those people knew God yet they worshipped idols. But in your twisted thinking, you think it's about homosexuals! Amazing! Can't you read what God's word actually says? Or must you distort it to fit your twisted doctrine?

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU??? You neglect idolatry, murder, and hatred of God, and focus on same-sex relations? REALLY???

Again, Jesus said NOTHING about same-sex relations, but He did mention marital infidelity. But I guess your priorities are more correct than the Lord's, correct?

Your hatred is opposed to the wisdom of Jesus Christ and Paul. Guess whom I believe!
Yes JESUS did call them brood of vipers and etc
Pual exposed false teachers too . As did jude .
Yet today if one even dares to say a teacher is false its JUDGE NOT hater .
SEE the problem yet jim . Now it aint a sin to expose sin within the church jim .
Your social gospel has turned many churches into a love that sin praise a thon and yet
LOOK out when one brings truth . ITS hater , satan as you called me once , all sorts of names .
I know all about that social gospel seeker friendly stuff jim . Its bad news my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, @amigo. what is your education level? Have you gone to college or Bible school?
Thank GOD i didnt go to bible school . I have a dear friend who is a pastor . He did go .
But man he had some stories about the junk they was pumping out .
Most , cause i cant say all , but most these schools of theology today , Are an abomination to GOD .
Most jim . So dont get all feathers ruffled .
As for college i did go . But all of that was carnal wisdom . IT SURE cant SPIRITUALLY OPEN ANYONE EYES .
But you hold to your so called degree . ME , i shall Cling to CHRIST , hold to the bible and learn from the ACTUAL SPIRIT
which dont contradict GOD or His words . LIKE so many theologians do today . And you gotta
know our college , That cant draw us closer to GOD . ONLY father away as we trust in our own carnal intellect .
WHICH LED ME FAR FROM GOD . Take note JIM . Be encouraged jim .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

there you go jim proving to me what i already know about ya . Paul didnt just say it
in romans one , Its said in other places .
You are slipping up my friend . You are just like the progressive liberal . Always trying to make the bible say or mean
SOMETHING IT DONT to just make an excuse to go around CERTAIN sins jim . Your colors keep showing through .
I KNOW all about deconstruction jim . I Know all about the progressive movement . ITS EVIL and vile .
But many others do similiar things . I mean the prosperity preachers always twist stuff to justify thier love of money too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
College . Are you sure you went . I mean i believe you did and even have a degree .
What i mean is , WHY ON EARTH does our college even matter .
ITS carnal wisdom . So who cares if i had a PHD , what would it matter . PS i dont have A PHD
but even if i did , IT WONT matter . NONE of that matters .
What matters is DO WE KNOW AND LOVE GOD . BIBLE TIME JIM
and dont try and understand it through the lens of progressive scholars . YEAH THEY LIE JIM .
Dont even try and understand it through the prosperity gospel scholars . CAUSE OH YEAH they TWIST IT TOO .
MY advice is OPEN IT AND READ IT FOR YOURSELF
and stop listening to men that rant and rave over the KJV or whatever .
Saying things like one cant learn the bible on their own .
GOD is with a lamb . SURELY all we need IS HIM . AND all teachers should have been tested .
I never seemed to see paul write and say , HEY CHURCH YA CANT LEARN DOCTRINE FOR YOURSELF
lest ME or some great scholar teach ya . NO , that mindset is about ONE THING . READY .............CONTROL JIM .
ITS ABOUT CONTROL .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes JESUS did call them brood of vipers and etc
Pual exposed false teachers too . As did jude .
Yet today if one even dares to say a teacher is false its JUDGE NOT hater .
SEE the problem yet jim . Now it aint a sin to expose sin within the church jim .
Your social gospel has turned many churches into a love that sin praise a thon and yet
LOOK out when one brings truth . ITS hater , satan as you called me once , all sorts of names .
I know all about that social gospel seeker friendly stuff jim . Its bad news my friend .
You're not an apostle as Paul (not Pual) was and you're most certainly not Jesus Christ.

You see sins wi8thin the chu8rch where there are none. Not every person is perfect, so it is easy to point out anyone's flaws (as you point out mine constantly).

And again you're going on about the so-called "social gospel". I gave the correct definition, but you have yet to give me yours. WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN BY "THE SOCIAL GOSPEL"?

And you still haven't given your education, secular or religious.

Are you going to keep on with the same rant or are you going to give relevant information?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
College . Are you sure you went . I mean i believe you did and even have a degree .
What i mean is , WHY ON EARTH does our college even matter .
ITS carnal wisdom . So who cares if i had a PHD , what would it matter . PS i dont have A PHD
but even if i did , IT WONT matter . NONE of that matters .
What matters is DO WE KNOW AND LOVE GOD . BIBLE TIME JIM
and dont try and understand it through the lens of progressive scholars . YEAH THEY LIE JIM .
Dont even try and understand it through the prosperity gospel scholars . CAUSE OH YEAH they TWIST IT TOO .
MY advice is OPEN IT AND READ IT FOR YOURSELF
and stop listening to men that rant and rave over the KJV or whatever .
Saying things like one cant learn the bible on their own .
GOD is with a lamb . SURELY all we need IS HIM . AND all teachers should have been tested .
I never seemed to see paul write and say , HEY CHURCH YA CANT LEARN DOCTRINE FOR YOURSELF
lest ME or some great scholar teach ya . NO , that mindset is about ONE THING . READY .............CONTROL JIM .
ITS ABOUT CONTROL .
So you won't answer the question. Typical.

You obviously are not that educated, yet you rely on early 17th Century Englyshe to understand God? Are you kidding me???

• Wow
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you won't answer the question. Typical.

You obviously are not that educated, yet you rely on early 17th Century Englyshe to understand God? Are you kidding me???
The one thing i wont do is call a liberal uneducated and unable to learn .
THE PROBLEM IS , HOWEVER , Most of what they do know and learn IS WRONG . GO ye and learn that .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a liberal is big time capable of learning . I mean most of them are college educated folks .
ITS just most of what they have learnt about reasoning , IS DEAD WRONG .
IN fact its so simple its wrong even a child can see it is .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one thing i wont do is call a liberal uneducated and unable to learn .
THE PROBLEM IS , HOWEVER , Most of what they do know and learn IS WRONG . GO ye and learn that .
That is no answer. You give no evidence for "Most of what they do know and learn IS WRONG". Now come on, @amigo, answer the questions. What is your level of education and have you ever attended any kind of Bible school or college?

My guess is that you (maybe) have a high school diploma and have never attended a Bible school. Yet you read (and claim to understand) 17th Century Englyshe and know what God says and means without any training and/or instruction.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a liberal is big time capable of learning . I mean most of them are college educated folks .
ITS just most of what they have learnt about reasoning , IS DEAD WRONG .
IN fact its so simple its wrong even a child can see it is .
No evidence, simply your unfounded, biased opinion.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is no answer. You give no evidence for "Most of what they do know and learn IS WRONG". Now come on, @amigo, answer the questions. What is your level of education and have you ever attended any kind of Bible school or college?

My guess is that you (maybe) have a high school diploma and have never attended a Bible school. Yet you read (and claim to understand) 17th Century Englyshe and know what God says and means without any training and/or instruction.
OH its an answer . it is just not the answer you want to hear .
I already answered you . Try going back and reading what i told you .