What makes a doctrine false?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this Jesus asked an evasive question that required more faith than the religious leader was willing to muster. Because that leader was not ready to say Jesus is God. Jesus was also not ready to declare his nature publicly so he allowed people to make their own assumptions.

What was established by Jesus here is that being good hinges on being God.
what was also well established by JESUS is in order to be counted GOOD , made righteous
justified and etc , WAS THE DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON HE , JESUS CHRIST , whom GOD HIMSELF DID SEND .
GOD DIDNT SEND MUHAMMED , OR BUDDA , OR ATHEISM , OR WHATEVERISM to bring man to HIM .
cause man cannot save himself . heck the carnal mind itself is enmity with GOD .
JESUS in many places and many teachings was showing the peoples exactly WHAT AND WHO THEY NEEDED
and it wasnt other beliefs and religoins and good works , IT WAS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF they NEEDED
BUT that message seems to be OFTEN overlooked today
as a very broad path , a sin accepting and unbelief accepting hope and false love , has come upon the world .
IT has come from within , from within the very realm of christendom itself
and it has power and control , influence over even the kings of this earth . THEY DO ITS BIDDING NOW as ONE
and more and more the one way is omitted for the BROAD WAY of many paths . THIS WONT BODE WELL
for them ON THE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST . IT DENIED HIM . IT DENIED HIS GOSPEL
AND IF IT DENIED HIM , IT DENIED THE FATHER WHO SENT HIM . We better watch out my dear friend .
A seducer of seducers and a liar of all liars has taken over and from within christendom
has brought darkness it calleth light and a lie it calleth love . IT WONT SAVE ONE SOUL
But will damn them all . We better get busy pointing to the ONLY NAME WHO CAN SAVE
and let us not be as the many who rather give out a hope that saveth NONE .

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Please quote what you would like to respond to. Thanks.

1. You've never heard it before. (knee-jerk defensive response)

2. You have heard of it before, but assume it's false. (haven't looked into it)

3. Doesn't align with your church's doctrine (your church would say it is false)

4. Doesn't align with your personal doctrine (your views differ)

5. YOUR "Bible" says it is false. (other biblical opinions don't matter)

6. It makes you uncomfortable. (therefore it must be wrong)

7. Everyone knows it's false. (except those who believe it)
None of the above, but if I HAD to pick one it would be no.6.
If I feel uncomfortable many times it would be the Holy Spirit sending a warning.
And finding conformation in scripture would confirm it.

There is lots of false doctrine and teaching out there, specially on utube videos.
Self proclaimed prophets and preachers.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that was A LIE . but its not the only lie . THE LIE that unites all as one
and yet cannot save , IS just doey good and it dont matter what religion one was in .......
THAT BE THE LIE that do unite and yet KILLETH .
THE DELUSION of the inclusion has come forth to unite all religoins and all tribes
to be as one , it do so by preaching a religoin of what it calleth love . ONLY ITS LOVE has denied
JESUS THE CHRIST . making it NO LOVE OF GOD . JESUS didnt go around
telling the jews or anyone else who BELEVED NOT ON HIM , OH ITS OKAY , JUST LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR ANYWAY
you will be fine . WE BETTER WATCH OUT SCOTT .
BEWARE the abraham peace accords , IT DID NOT COME OF TRUMP , IT CAME OF THE VATICAN
though trump did help to usher it in . BEWARE the religious tolerance act
IT TOO CAME OF THE VATICAN . beware the liberal agenda , beware men . TRUST ONLY IN GOD , IN CHRIST
and GET DUG IN THAT BIBLE FOR LEARNING AND REFRESHING .

True, but the specific lie referred to by Paul, was regarding the spiritual transition that was to occur with Christ's "soon" return. Left in the hands of men of flesh and blood, many were convinced that He had not returned even though He was again among us even until the end of the age.

They just couldn't see Him with their worldly eyes of flesh, even though He said, “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more..." John 14:19

Many still expect the world to see Him again...and that is the way it is written in their false doctrines, taught, and preached. Such is the sign of many a false doctrine.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but the specific lie referred to by Paul, was regarding the spiritual transition that was to occur with Christ's "soon" return. Left in the hands of men of flesh and blood, many were convinced that He had not returned even though He was again among us even until the end of the age.

They just couldn't see Him with their worldly eyes of flesh, even though He said, “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more..." John 14:19

Many still expect the world to see Him again...and that is the way it is written in their false doctrines, taught, and preached. Such is the sign of many a false doctrine.
JESUS comes within us at our birth in HIM . but , make no mistake
they also talked about a SECOND COMING and that HAS NOT YET OCCURED
WHEN IT DO , if one is not flying up , DUCKING N WAILING is all that will be heard by them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Please quote what you would like to respond to. Thanks.

1. You've never heard it before. (knee-jerk defensive response)

2. You have heard of it before, but assume it's false. (haven't looked into it)

3. Doesn't align with your church's doctrine (your church would say it is false)

4. Doesn't align with your personal doctrine (your views differ)

5. YOUR "Bible" says it is false. (other biblical opinions don't matter)

6. It makes you uncomfortable. (therefore it must be wrong)

7. Everyone knows it's false. (except those who believe it)
Regarding the following
1. The Bible says in 2 Timothy 4:4 "They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths". The verse continues, "For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires."

This points to people abandoning the truth, so they must have had it to begin with. So if a new teaching subverts established doctrine be cautious. Also consider if it is gratifying to the flesh to hear such things, to further cast doubt upon the new teachings

2. An assumption is not a defensible position. There must be a reason behind making it.

3. Questioning everything you've been taught is a good idea. I believe it is wise to not trust any human organization or individual to know and tell the truth.

4. If it conflicts with our personal doctrine you can question both yourself and the new doctrine until scriptural evidence proves which is false. Most likely both you and the other person lacks a complete understanding.

5. If a new teaching disagrees with scripture it is definitely wrong.

6. Being uncomfortable is a decent litmus test for error. But it could also be you are uncomfortable about something you believe. So it is important to discern if the discomfort is internal or external.

7. See #3

Further tests:

Does a doctrine glorify Jesus Christ as Lord? A doctrine of a devil will never glorify Jesus. But it might magnify man.

Is a doctrine a heresy established by the early Church? Nothing is new under the sun. I've seen this applies to heresy reappearing over the centuries.

Consider the source. Is a doctrine originating from a philosophy of someone into the occult? Then toss it. Bad trees bad fruit. Good trees good fruit.

Reactions: St. SteVen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JESUS comes within us at our birth in HIM . but , make no mistake
they also talked about a SECOND COMING and that HAS NOT YET OCCURED
WHEN IT DO , if one is not flying up , DUCKING N WAILING is all that will be heard by them .

Then, I must ask:

Regarding the second coming of Christ, which do you deny, His coming into the world in the flesh, or His coming into you in spirit?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, I must ask:

Regarding the second coming of Christ, which do you deny, His coming into the world in the flesh, or His coming into you in spirit?
neither .
i agree with both .
But the second coming paul spoke of what is actual coming to destroy the wicked and to call up those are still alive .
just a friendly reminder .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO Universalism is like communist-collectivism. It does not work in practice because it does not take into account the reality of individualism and individual choices, whereas God does take it into account, and has taken it into account. God is not going to turn humans made in His own image and likeness into animals living by instinct so that He can cause their natural animal instinct to follow Him. He allows time for those who will never change to prove that they will never ever change.
Perhaps you have some misunderstanding about Universalism. Or at least Christian Universalism.
It's different from Unitarian Universalism.

Christian Universalism takes into account "the reality of individualism" in that each one
will be evaluated and corrected or rewarded for their deeds. There is no escape from answering for your life choices.
There will be an age of restoration to bring everyone into alignment with God.

]

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greatest question to ask of concern during these times should be:

What is the "lie" and who are the "false teachers" foretold to bring "destructive doctrines" into the church causing "strong delusion"--and have I believed them?

Most have.
That's a great question.
Unfortunately, It seems that each tribe brings their own view to the table.
And we end up destroying the Body of Christ with "friendly fire".

Too much finger pointing. "If only they would do it our way!"

]

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Perhaps you have some misunderstanding about Universalism. Or at least Christian Universalism.
It's different from Unitarian Universalism.

Christian Universalism takes into account "the reality of individualism" in that each one
will be evaluated and corrected or rewarded for their deeds. There is no escape from answering for your life choices.
There will be an age of restoration to bring everyone into alignment with God.

]
Does that age of restoration begin before or after the casting of death and hades into the lake of fire and of all individuals whose names were not found in the book of life into the lake of fire, which is also called the second death?

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that age of restoration begin before or after the casting of death and hades into the lake of fire and of all individuals whose names were not found in the book of life into the lake of fire, which is also called the second death?
Good question.
It would begin before all that. And even redefines some of that.

In reference to salvation. Everyone is already saved by the atoning work of Christ.
But the individual relationships still need to be healed. Even for believers.
You are familiar with the wood, hay and stubble that needs to burn?

Anyone who has knees to bow and a tongue to speak, in heaven and on earth and under the earth (in the realm of the dead), will whole-heartedly, and without reservation, acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. No one can say that “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved. Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. (the reason for the bodily resurrection) Scriptural support below.

Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that
he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11 from Strong's Concordance
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Further reading: Isaiah 45:23; Romans 14:11; Revelation 15:4

]

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neither .
i agree with both .
But the second coming paul spoke of what is actual coming to destroy the wicked and to call up those are still alive .
just a friendly reminder .

Paul spoke of the same act as being one act: As life everlasting to those in Christ, and death to those not in Christ...all as the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy, made possible and arranged by Christ, and confirmed by Peter, of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh. Life or death by the same Spirit.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good question.
It would begin before all that. And even redefines some of that.

In reference to salvation. Everyone is already saved by the atoning work of Christ.
But the individual relationships still need to be healed. Even for believers.
You are familiar with the wood, hay and stubble that needs to burn?

Anyone who has knees to bow and a tongue to speak, in heaven and on earth and under the earth (in the realm of the dead), will whole-heartedly, and without reservation, acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. No one can say that “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved. Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. (the reason for the bodily resurrection) Scriptural support below.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that
he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11 from Strong's Concordance
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Further reading: Isaiah 45:23; Romans 14:11; Revelation 15:4

]
IMO It does not mean they will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord before it's too late rather than when it's too late. "Too late" meaning as you say, the age of restoration cannot continue after the day of the "Great White Throne" judgment - and only then, at that time, when this judgment is taking place, does it say that all whose names were not found written in the Book of Life will be thrown into the fire.

IMO there will be no "dead" who's names are not found written in the lamb's Book of Life if your equating of confessing Jesus as Lord with being saved through faith in His justification-blood, is accurate. There would not even be any reason to mention the lake of fire/second death.

Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many (once again it's talking about many, not about all) will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, all of you that work iniquity. -- Matthew 7:21-23.

@St. SteVen I edited this part in: IMO by the time of the Great White Throne judgment ALL will have no option BUT TO acknowledge Him as Lord. It will be too plain and obvious that He IS Lord. Doesn't mean they had believed in time before the age of restoration ended.

I also believe that the age of restoration began when Jesus died and rose again.​

I do not believe this makes the God who has done everything necessary and provided the way for ALL humans to be saved through faith in Christ, harsh. I believe it makes individuals harsh - but on themselves. The harshness is not God's, because He did not predestine Christ to be the Savior of a predestined some, i.e He did not decide before the foundation of the world to saw Adam in two so that one part could be saved by Christ and through faith in Christ by some - He did it for ALL, but though MANY will be saved, MANY will not - and God does not make that decision. The only decision He made was to save ALL. Individuals themselves make that decision themselves. God is not willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance.

So I understand scripture to be telling us that MANY will not perish, MANY will.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO It does not mean they will acknowledge that Jesus is Lord before it's too late rather than when it's too late.
Consider this.
This scripture says EVERY knee and EVERY tongue...
"... in heaven and on earth and under the earth..." (in the realm of the dead)
Basically, everyone everywhere.

]

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a great question.
Unfortunately, It seems that each tribe brings their own view to the table.
And we end up destroying the Body of Christ with "friendly fire".

Too much finger pointing. "If only they would do it our way!"

]

Unfortunately, as it is written: The gentiles (Christians) have been and continue to trample the truth underfoot, as did Israel when they rejected and crucified their promised Messiah.

Now it's our turn, and it's already to late--from the beginning the Church has rejected their own Messiah...in spirit, expecting Him to return visibly and physically as He appeared before ascending--which He said would not occur.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Consider this.

]
Acknowledging Jesus as Lord does not always equate to salvation. The confessing Jesus as lord being equated with salvation which the apostles were talking about in the context of the passages you quoted is also linked to faith (believing) that Jesus is Lord during the age of restoration before being forced to acknowledge He is Lord when they stand powerless before Him when He judges.

The acknowledging Jesus as Lord needs to be accompanied by acknowledging Jesus as the personal Savior of the individual. That's the context of what the apostles were talking about.

Jesus is and will be Lord of all but He is and will be Savior of many: the "whosoever" that Jesus Himself mentioned in John 3:16.

Savior of many. Lord of all.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this.

]

Paul was speaking there of all acknowledging what is actually true, when going before the Lord in the Judgement. At which point, "some" as the scriptures also say rise up to everlasting life, but also "some to everlasting contempt" (meaning an eternal continuance of separation from God based on their own contempt).

Which is not to say that God has not take mercy on "all", but that all have not received it by their own evil. In this way, darkness is not "saved", but rejected and eliminated, by the same measure, by choice.