What Mormons Believe--according to a Former BYU Professor

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I discovered a few things and I have to get rights to the information and other things. Probably self publish.

That’s a pretty big undertaking. I self-published a nonfiction book on education reform years ago. It was much shorter than your book, but it required a lot of research. So, I know how much work goes into it. Kudos for taking it on.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a pretty big undertaking. I self-published a nonfiction book on education reform years ago. It was much shorter than your book, but it required a lot of research. So, I know how much work goes into it. Kudos for taking it on.
Ya it is, July of 1996 to 2015 and a lot of money.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a worthwhile enterprise. I hope that even a few are blessed by your work. I know from what I have read of your postings here that you have something from God to give.
Thank you....I count on you to keep me honest....

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been thinking about truth and how it does my heart good to hear it. I can tell when a Christian has been in God's Word and lets it flow through them because the things they say have this effect on my heart. It's almost a physical feeling of being satisfied. It's similar to how hearing good news blesses the heart. Nothing else affects me this way--not psychology or philosophy or Confucius.... Not anything from man. I really can't exactly put it into words like I would like to, so I'll stop trying. Maybe you can understand what I'm saying.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been thinking about truth and how it does my heart good to hear it. I can tell when a Christian has been in God's Word and lets it flow through them because the things they say have this effect on my heart. It's almost a physical feeling of being satisfied. It's similar to how hearing good news blesses the heart. Nothing else affects me this way--not psychology or philosophy or Confucius.... Not anything from man. I really can't exactly put it into words like I would like to, so I'll stop trying. Maybe you can understand what I'm saying.
You want to be a good person, follow Christ's lead.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting response to what I said about truth. It doesn't seem to go with what I'm saying, but that's okay.
You and I are interested in truth. What better source....not psychology or philosophy or Confucius.... Not anything from man....but we are Man and we are not what we say, but what we do. Truth can reflect back at us, if we live it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an interesting response to what I said about truth. It doesn't seem to go with what I'm saying, but that's okay.
Or in other words....can we learn more by what Christ said, or by what He did? What He did is truth, what we do is truth, truth is reality, the trick is making it good.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or in other words....can we learn more by what Christ said, or by what He did? What He did is truth, what we do is truth, truth is reality, the trick is making it good.
Both. What He said and did. His words and actions were both expressions of who He is.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both. What He said and did. His words and actions were both expressions of who He is.
As you know, there has been debate on the things Christ said. The redundancy of the Gospels ensures most of that. And Christ may have said things as He went along that the Apostles did not understand, and it is harder to remember what you do not understand. For example Christ's actions do not match what Paul said pertaining to women. So it is, as important to note His actions as well as His words. Now if I did not understand what you were saying, feel free to elaborate....

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you know, there has been debate on the things Christ said. The redundancy of the Gospels ensures most of that. And Christ may have said things as He went along that the Apostles did not understand, and it is harder to remember what you do not understand. For example Christ's actions do not match what Paul said pertaining to women. So it is, as important to note His actions as well as His words. Now if I did not understand what you were saying, feel free to elaborate....
Broken record. :rolleyes: