What Need I of Grace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because when we believe in the Cross of Christ, our sins are placed on His shoulders and all of His righteousness and holiness is first imputed, and then imparted, to us.

Just to be clear, His righteousness is now in us so that we are empowered to not sin, right?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to be clear, His righteousness is now in us so that we are empowered to not sin, right?
Yes; however this does not necessarily mean that we will use that power, although we should.

Entire sanctification is a second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

Salvation is indeed still given to many who are not yet circumcised of heart (Romans 2:25-29, Romans 4:11); who do not keep (the spirit of) the law perfectly, having not been wholly sanctified yet. But if they are not progressing towards a deeper and more perfect walk; or at the very least maintaining their current walk (see Philippians 3:16), it ought to be questioned as to whether they are in fact truly born again.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes; however this does not necessarily mean that we will use that power, although we should.

Entire sanctification is a second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24).

Salvation is indeed still given to many who are not yet circumcised of heart (Romans 2:25-29, Romans 4:11); who do not keep (the spirit of) the law perfectly, having not been wholly sanctified yet. But if they are not progressing towards a deeper and more perfect walk; or at the very least maintaining their current walk (see Philippians 3:16), it ought to be questioned as to whether they are in fact truly born again.

First off, thank you, especially, for Philippians 3:16. I've been looking for that scripture on and off for a long time.

Now regarding your first sentence. Maybe we will know that it was wrong to sin when we've been empowered not to when Jesus says to us, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Even though we who have the Spirit to follow and are not under the law, the principle is the same as in Romans 2:
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,

Therefore, if we have been empowered to not sin, and go ahead and willfully sin anyway, why should we be surprised if we wind up having our names being blotted out of the Book of Life? Besides, the apostles have given us plenty of warnings to not sin.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that willful sin is a very negative and detrimental thing if a Christian were to go ahead and commit it.

What I would say to the scriptures that you have presented is that Paul goes down a line of reasoning from Romans 2:12-13 where in the end he reaches a conclusion that is quite the opposite in Romans 3:28.

You can look up the scriptures in question and do a study on the line of reasoning between Romans 2:13 and Romans 3:28 also. By simply reading Romans 2:14-Romans 3:27.

For I am both dispersing and concealing knowledge in my style of exposition (Proverbs 12:23, Proverbs 15:7).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can look up the scriptures in question and do a study on the line of reasoning between Romans 2:13 and Romans 3:28 also. By simply reading Romans 2:14-Romans 3:27.

The context of the teaching is chapter one through chapter eight. It goes from Old Covenant to New Covenant; from the Law to the Spirit.

Have you ever noticed how many doctrines of demons have been made based on the middle chapters, just to have them contradicted in the actual conclusion, or even before that in chapter 6? That is why I find someone who quotes verses from chapters 3 through 5 are trying to justify sin. Not saying you are, just know the perception given that quoting anything from there makes, and expand your teaching to the truth.

Reactions: HARK!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now regarding your first sentence. Maybe we will know that it was wrong to sin when we've been empowered not to when Jesus says to us, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
There is grace and mercy when we unwittingly fail. Jesus said, The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

What matters is the heart; whether it is truly born again or not.

Each person knows the answer to that individually with the Lord.

2Ti 2:19, Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

But there are legitimate believers still living a Romans 7:14-25 lifestyle.

The Lord sees the finished product; not to mention He sees the blood and righteousness of Jesus when He looks at those who are truly His children.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going by what scripture says. There's no condemnation for those who are in Christ. No sin but disbelief is unforgivable.

Maybe this will help:

1 John 2
CLV(i) 1 My little children, these things am I writing to you that you may not be sinning. And if anyone should be sinning, we have an Entreater with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Just." 2 And He is the propitiatory shelter concerned with our sins, yet not concerned with ours only, but concerned with the whole world also." 3 And in this we know that we know Him, if we should be keeping His precepts." 4 He who is saying that "I know Himand is not keeping His precepts, is a liar, and the truth of God is not in this one." 5 Yet whoever may be keeping His word, truly in this one the love of God is perfected. " 6 In this we know that we are in Him: he who is saying that he is remaining in Him ought also himself to be walking according as He walks.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. Jesus said, The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

That is very true. The flesh: our carnal nature is very weak; that is why Jesus said we MUST be born again. Jesus spoke that of the apostles who fell asleep on their last night with Jesus. Though that "flesh" was their body, not just their nature.

Exactly. We must be baptized in the Holy Spirit to have power over the flesh.

But there are legitimate believers still living a Romans 7:14-25 lifestyle.

There are possibly some true Christians who read Romans 7:14-25 but do not relate to it as they have the Holy Spirit in them empowering them so as to not struggle as those who had only the law to guide them. But if someone is actually struggling with their flesh, then I would question if they actually had ever been born again of the Spirit, but maybe unjustly. The truth is those out of the flesh and in the Spirit do not struggle with the flesh, UNLESS they were taught a false doctrine and hadn't learned the truth as yet. That is where your scripture in Philippians comes into play. They sinned unwittingly. So if someone actually believed that Romans 7:14-25 was actually the normal life of a Christian (Not!) then they would not seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going by what scripture says. There's no condemnation for those who are in Christ. No sin but disbelief is unforgivable.

Your Bible only has half the verse. Try NKJV

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The condition is missing in yours.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady,

I believe that there are those who will be even caught up to meet the Lord in the air who will be in that moment living a Romans 7:14-25 lifestyle.

It is not condemnation that will motivate them to graduate to Romans 8 but conscience (see Romans 7:24).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Bible only has half the verse. Try NKJV

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

The condition is missing in yours.
It is not a condition but a definition of those who are truly in Christ Jesus.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NKJV is watered down in some places; the kjv is better: specifically in Colossians 1:22.

Col 1:22 (NKJV), in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—

This can be interpreted to mean that the Lord looks at us through rose-colored glasses and that it does not refer to practical holiness.

The better translation, which preaches a practical holiness:

Col 1:22 (kjv), In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Last edited:

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hallelu YAH!

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they/ shall be to Me for a people.

(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God.

What is sin?

1 John 3:4
“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(CLV) 1Jn 3:9
Everyone who is begotten of God is not doing sin, for His seed is remaining in him, and he can not be sinning, for he is begotten of God.

What is sin?

1 John 3:4
“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”
And, Romans 7:6:

Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, Romans 7:6:

Rom 7:6, But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Did you ever get around to finish reading that chapter?

24 A wretched man am I! What will rescue me out of this body of death? Grace! 25 I thank God, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Consequently, then, I myself, with the mind, indeed, am slaving for God's law, yet with the flesh for Sin's law."

Slaving for God's law....

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a condition but a definition of those who are truly in Christ Jesus.

IN Christ is the key meaning, but the condition is that Christ must also be IN them also. They must walk in the Spirit that is IN them. You seem to realize and are not blind to the fact that there are many Protestants that believe Jesus is their Savior, but live their life with no power. What righteousness they follow they do in their own strength, because the Spirit of Christ is not IN them, and thus they do not belong to Christ. After all, even the demons believe and tremble.

1 John 3:24

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They gloss over them in the churches; even at Bible studies. They can't see past the scales. It's uncanny.

There are too many church goers that never read their Bibles, just choose liberal teachers to tell them what they want to hear.

P.S. You've got mail.