What Need I of Grace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Hark, but the gospel was first and foremost for the fall or rise of Israel, which is why he shunned the Gentile woman. And after Israel it went to the Samaritans through the deacon, Phillip. It wasn't to go to the Gentiles until later. Cornelius was the first Gentile, by Peter.

Sorry CharismaticLady, but Yahshua's words applied when he walked the earth, just as they apply now. He didn't make statements about love that weren't supposed to kick in after he died. He wasn't a hypocrite. He lived the example of his words.

And, yes, we ARE to love our demon possessed neighbor which is why we are given the authority to cast out demons. So there! ;)

If we just show love to our family and church, then what kind of witness are we to save the lost - our enemies?

Believers are not share table fellowship with those who are dining on strangled goats. Sorry, but you cant love the demonic as your brothers in Yahshua.

If you can cast out those demons and win that person to messiah; that's quite a different story, Then you take him into your home. You feed him. You give him clothes. You get him on his feet. He's family.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 7:13, Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

There it is right there.

Pro 18:13, He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

You should have at least looked up the verse that I referenced; if you had, you would have avoided this embarrassment.

The love of the Lord is shed abroad in the heart of the believer via the Holy Ghost (Romans 5:5).

And Romans 13:8-10 shows us that if I love my neighbor as myself, I am not going to murder someone, neither will I violate any of the other commandments.

But my salvation is not through keeping the law, it is through faith, by which I receive the Holy Spirit (Galatians 3:14). Through the Spirit I receive the love of the Lord, which is the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within me (Romans 8:4, Romans 13:8-10).

It means that I will not operate in violation of any just law (Galatians 5:22-23; see also Psalms 94:20).

But not because I am seeking to obey a set of do's and don'ts; no, rather it is because I have faith in Jesus, have received His Spirit; and as a result I bear the fruit of the Spirit: against such there is no (just) law.

Rom 3:21, But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

I can agree to that when you are not excusing sin, but can you see my point and how total disregard to any laws are false doctrines out there that turn the grace of God into lasciviousness?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry CharismaticLady, but Yahshua's words applied when he walked the earth, just as they apply now. He didn't make statements about love that weren't supposed to kick in after he died. He wasn't a hypocrite. He lived the example of his words.

Did you see that the spreading of the gospel was in stages? First Israel, then Samaritans, then the rest of the world?

Matthew 10:5
[ Sending Out the Twelve ] These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can agree to that when you are not excusing sin, but can you see my point and how total disregard to any laws are false doctrines out there that turn the grace of God into lasciviousness?

Where is this false doctrine coming from? I've seen so much of it lately; and I've never seen it like this before.

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see that the spreading of the gospel was in stages? First Israel, then Samaritans, then the rest of the world?

Matthew 10:5
[ Sending Out the Twelve ] These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

I wasn't aware of this understanding until I saw it from you this evening. I'll file this one away; and keep an eye on it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of this understanding until I saw it from you this evening. I'll file this one away; and keep an eye on it.

Just thought of the other verse I wanted to share about this.

Luke 2:34-35
34 Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, “Behold, this Child is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against 35 (yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! It's amazing that it took this long for me to hear of it.

The Reformation started with Luther. Here is a letter he wrote. It's shocking!!!

Martin Luther ("Sin boldly"):
"If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard, for you are quite a sinner."

HARK!

May 17, 2020
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reformation started with Luther.

I was well aware of this.

Here is a letter he wrote. It's shocking!!!

Martin Luther ("Sin boldly"):
"If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard, for you are quite a sinner."

Oh my! This turns my stomach.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a shame is that you aren't taking the holy scriptures at face value. I tell you truly that it may even be to your ultimate damnation.
What I see is a person who thinks he is infallible and is here to judge people.. And I see if you continue this line of reasoning. You will not have many followers.

God resists the proud. You need to heed that warning.

I have been redeemed, Saved Justified by the blood of the lamb of God.

Yu appear to be trying to earn your redemption by your works. If this is true, Your the one who needs warned my friend.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERYONE has sin in them without Christ. THAT is what 1 John 1:8 means. Vs. 9 says, but if you confess your sin, Jesus is faithful and just to forgive you of your sin, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

Verse 10 is the same, with someone saying they were born without sin, therefore have not sinned. And notice it comes after verse 9, thus saying they don't need Jesus; they are righteous enough without God.
Vs 9 proves he is talking to believers. And he is speaking of Literal acts of sin. Because he says if we do sin we have an advocate.

So thank you for showing further proof that john is talking about personal sin.

as for verse ten

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

This takes it even deeper. as saying if we, like the pharisees, claim to have been without sin, we make God a liar and although we may know the words of scripture. His word is actually not in us.

Sadly, like the group of pharisees, many people and groups can quote scripture. But they do not actually understand what it says.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The point is that the means by which we are saved is not by looking to a set of do's and don'ts and by keeping them (Galatians 2:16). If we were going to be saved through that method, we would have to keep the law perfectly (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48).

But we are saved because of the unmerited favour of God through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9); through the divine exchange wherein God the Father poured out all of His wrath against our sin on Jesus Christ; and all of His favour that He has toward His Son on us. Because when we believe in the Cross of Christ, our sins are placed on His shoulders and all of His righteousness and holiness is first imputed, and then imparted, to us.

It is important that we not trust in our works to save us; while at the same time our works are the only real evidence (before man) of a salvation that is true.

Done. It's not there either. At least you're failing consistently.

Funny...

You appear to be trying to earn your redemption by your works.

Not a chance. I am born again because of the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ; and redeemed by the blood of the Lamb; which, when applied, does not only justify: but sanctifies also (Hebrews 13:13, Hebrews 10:29, 1 John 1:7). It cannot do one thing without also doing the other.

The law does not just condemn our behavior

it condemns us,

The law doesn't condemn me. For I am not under it, am dead to it, and am delivered from it (Romans 6:14, Romans 7:4, Galatians 2:19, Romans 7:6; Ephesians 2:15-16, Colossians 2:14, Hebrews 7:18-19).