What or who is the 8th king?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse that you quoted says that the beast is gathered to make war against Jesus

How does he literally gather if know one knows when Jesus will come back?

Obviously its not a literal battle
Stop "Adding" to scripture, something not seen, reality check

Nothing even hints Revelation 19:19 below, that (The Beast) knows the (Day/Hour) of the Second Coming as you suggest

Matthew 24:36KJV
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The beast being gathered with armies dosent event hint that this evil man knows the (Day/Hour) of the Second Coming

Revelation 19:19KJV
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then who gets ruled over if the birds have eaten all people?

This has to be a symbolic description
Your in fairy tale land, adding to scripture again, post a scripture that states "All" the humans are eaten by birds?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question wasn’t answered at the time I wrote this but the answer was proven wrong
In your opinion the question hasn't been answered, you dont like the answer

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your in fairy tale land, adding to scripture again, post a scripture that states "All" the humans are eaten by birds?

Here you go

Revelation 19:17-18
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stop "Adding" to scripture, something not seen, reality check

Nothing even hints Revelation 19:19 below, that (The Beast) knows the (Day/Hour) of the Second Coming as you suggest

Matthew 24:36KJV
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The beast being gathered with armies dosent event hint that this evil man knows the (Day/Hour) of the Second Coming

Revelation 19:19KJV
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

When someone gathers to make war it means that they assemble at a place before the war takes place.

How can you not see this?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When someone gathers to make war it means that they assemble at a place before the war takes place.

Maybe when he allegedly comes he has a hard time finding a war horse, so this gives the Antichrist time to assemble his alleged great army?

Reactions: Marty fox

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 17:9-11
9 “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. 11 The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

So what or who is the 8th king?

Some people see the seven kings as empires and some see them as people who are kings. I see the beast out of the sea as a demon influencing Rome and its leaders in the first century and the seven 7 kings were the first seven Caesars.

If the 8th king is just a person or an empire then how does this 8th king make sense?

How could an empire or person be "once was and now is not"?

How could an empire or person be the 8th king but belong to the seven?

I think that only a demon could fit these descriptions but I also think that there is more to the meaning of the 8th king.

Antoichus Epiphanies was going to be the 11th king but three were uprooted before him and he became the 8th king. Antiochus ravaged Jerusalem and desecrated the temple and stopped the daily sacrifices. Antiochus was also defeating the Jews until the Maccabees revolted against him and took back the city and rededicated the temple and sacrifices. Antiochus was eventually struck down by God.

I think that the meaning of the 8th king in Revelation was also a message to the Jews that a soon coming persecution (the events of 70AD) was coming to Jerusalem but this time there would be no Judas the hammer Maccabees to save them. I think that this demonic beast was eventually defeated and judged as was Rome but not until Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jewish leadership at that time and the temple age were destroyed forever.

This one is hard to figure out. It's like throwing the wiring harness for a modern vehicle down on the ground and then attaching it back in so that the vehicle runs. The 8th king isn't to do with the Old Time Jews, they were of the 5th king, one of the ones that had fallen, been proved false by Jesus' birth, death and resurrection, by the time of 95 AD when John spoke to the angel in Revelation.

The trick is to figure out who the head, the king, wounded by the sword and yet lives is. (Because the other 6 must be something of the same kind). Healed from the wound now. All of them having "blasphemous" names written on them should give a good hint that they have something to do with organized religion, or belief systems gone bad. And the term "fallen", does not always mean dead, think of the phrase: "fallen woman." And so it's also a sensitive discussion as we each can draw a connection to these heads, mountains and kings. Remember that a "king" can also be defined as something preeminent in it's class. Like in the USA, Budweiser is the "king" of beers. I was thinking of this when I heard on the news that the pope was having surgery to remove his left colon. Wounded by the scalpel and yet lives?

Sorry.

But the main thing I'll say is that the 8th king is happening now, it is one of the seven, that started all the way back in the antediluvian time.

The 8th king is Lucifer's theocratic church/state, or religious body politic that we are living in now.

An amazing thing that I notice is that when talking to the Atheists, many of them can quickly align themselves with the Satanists. The discussion can quickly change demeanor, and they'll express an anger toward the God of the Bible, and say things like: "if there is a God, I don't want anything to do with Him, or: "if there is a God, why should I have to do what He says, and even: "I would rather follow Satan as he has killed less people than the God of your Bible.

The reason I'm telling you this is because I also think Armageddon is happening now, the 8th king has already sent his demons to gather the kings of the earth to the great battle of God almighty.

And so I tend to then indicate to the Atheists, how their tone sounds strangely familiar to Elizabeth Kubler Ross's five stages of grief.

How they grieve as those do who have no hope.

Five stages of grief.

1) denial.
2) anger.
3) bargaining.
4) depression.
5) acceptance.

Denial. The Atheist says in their heart that there is no God.

Anger. If there is a God, I want to know why He lets little kids get leukemia.

Bargaining. Tell ya what, show us proof, and WE will be the deciders if God exists.

Depression. Quiet time, the Atheist goes on a break from posting.

Acceptance. When the Atheist reaches acceptance on a global scale, they will seek to kill God. Satan will gather them for that great battle in the valley that is symbolically called Megiddo. When the world is at war with God. Like it is right now.

Like it is right now.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here you go

Revelation 19:17-18
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”
No one word in Revelation 19:17-18 states "All" are eaten by birds as you have claimed

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Once again you add to scripture something not seen, no place in Revelation 19:19 does it even hint that anybody knows the (Day/Hour) of the second coming

Does satan know the scripture below, that clearly shows the gathering of the Nations "Yes" and you know it too, but it dosent give the (Day and Hour) of the second coming

Revelation 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Read Esther, as the example. The enemy was gathered together in every individual place to fight against God's people in every individual place. There was no single place, but many. In the end, it is a global resistance, battle against God and against His anointed ones.

Est_3:14 The copy of the writing for a commandment to be given in every province was published unto all people, that they should be ready against that day.

Est_4:3 And in every province, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, there was great mourning among the Jews, and fasting, and weeping, and wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes.

Est_8:11 Wherein the king granted the Jews which were in every city to gather themselves together, and to stand for their life, to destroy, to slay, and to cause to perish, all the power of the people and province that would assault them, both little ones and women, and to take the spoil of them for a prey,

Est_8:13 The copy of the writing for a commandment to be given in every province was published unto all people, and that the Jews should be ready against that day to avenge themselves on their enemies.
Did you see it? Armageddon (a symbolic name in Revelation, representing a greater anti-type of the battle at Mt Carmel (Mountain of Megiddo) in the days of Elijah, and in other places in scripture) will take place over all the earth. It does not take place in any single location on earth.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the bible speaks for itself, if it was (Four Hundred Ninety Years) it wouldn't be written as (Seventy Weeks) a no brainer

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four Hundred Ninety Years)

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal future weeks or 490 days.

When the call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the Antichrist who stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation starts at this time.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Your ignorance of the biblical languages is truly breathtaking- especially after others try to show you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The term 7 year tribulation doesn't exist in the bible

Those things also happened in the first century and Jesus even referred to it.

Luke 23:23-30
26 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’

The term trinity doesn't appear in the bible either and that is still true! NOr does the term hypostatic union, or automobile. C'mon!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This has to be a symbolic description
Visions are symbolic, fullstop, (period, if you're American).

The term "body of Christ" is symbolic. It describes the collective nature and activity of those under the Headship of Christ.

Likewise the beast from the sea is symbolic of the cumulative energies and efforts of wicked, unregenerate humanity in history acting in opposition to the Will of God.

Then who gets ruled over if the birds have eaten all people?
Those who take part in the first resurrection.
The birds only eat the adversaries of Christ, which come from all walks of life, have taken the mark of the beast and comprise the army which gets slaughtered in the final showdown with Christ.

Read on:

Rev 20:1-6 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. (2) He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; (3) and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. (4) And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (5) But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. (6) Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Read what I said. Did Assyria control Judah, Benjamin and thus the capital Jerusalem? No.
Assyria is included in the beast powers that have troubled God's People:

2Ki 18:13-16 And in the fourteenth year of King Hezekiah, Sennacherib king of Assyria came up against all the fortified cities of Judah and took them. (14) Then Hezekiah king of Judah sent to the king of Assyria at Lachish, saying, "I have done wrong; turn away from me; whatever you impose on me I will pay." And the king of Assyria assessed Hezekiah king of Judah three hundred talents of silver and thirty talents of gold. (15) So Hezekiah gave him all the silver that was found in the house of the LORD and in the treasuries of the king's house. (16) At that time Hezekiah stripped the gold from the doors of the temple of the LORD, and from the pillars which Hezekiah king of Judah had overlaid, and gave it to the king of Assyria.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole book of Revelation concerns what was supposed to happen after John was dead and gone(Rev. 1:19). The entirety of the Rev. 17 mostly concerns the "Christian" church-state combine secular history knows as the "Holy Roman Empire". This is why John was shown the image of a harlot riding this 7 headed beast.

The seven kings are prophetic representations of both the incarnations of this empire throughout history and the men leading them. Dan. 7 shows that these kings were to rise after the little horn(Catholic Church) plucks out the first 3 governments that ruled in Rome(the Vandals, Heruli, and the Ostrogoths) when ancient Rome fell in 476 A.D. These 3 governments marked the transition between the sea beast's head(see Rev. 13) being wounded and healed.

The first head represents the emperor Justinian, who officially resurrected the Roman empire from the dead with help from the Catholic Church in 554 A.D.. It is at this point that Daniel's prophecy in 7 concerning the little horn supplanting the first 3 horns of the 4th beast is fulfilled. Another prophecy fulfilled is Rev. 13:3, where John spoke of the beast's heads being wounded and healed. Another important part of this prophecy is where it says the whole world marveled and followed the beast. The world believes the Roman empire died in 476 A.D., but most of what this world blindly practices or believe comes from what this specific administration enforced as a reincarnated Roman empire.

The second head represents Charlemagne(aka Charles the Great), who became emperor in approximately 774 A.D.

The third head represents Otto the Great, who became emperor in approximately 962 A.D.

The fourth head represents the Hapsburg Dynasty, which started in 1273 A.D. under the rule of King Rudolf and ending with the reign of Charles V. It is under the reign of Charles V that the Protestant Reformation takes place, fulfilling what Rev. 17:5 says about the false church system being a mother to harlot daughter churches.

On a brief side note, Protestants usually scoff at being told this passage concerns their religion, but history and a comparison of the 2 groups' theology shows the Reformers retained many pagan doctrines and traditions of their mother church when they left, one of them being the trinity doctrine and the general contempt for God's commanded festivals and other laws.

The fifth head represents a name many should already be familiar with: Napoleon Bonaparte. It should be mentioned that the first 5 administrations are the ones John refers to in Rev. 17:10 when he wrote "five have fallen".

The sixth head represents the German-Italian Axis that was ultimately led by none other than Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini when they signed a concordat with the Catholic Church around 1929 A.D.. This particular head is the time frame John refers to in Rev. 17:10 where he wrote "one is".

The seventh and final head represents the empire that will exist as a result of 10 authoritarians giving their power to one man who rules over the whole kingdom(Rev. 17:12). This empire and the man leading this empire has yet to be revealed to the world, but bible prophecy and political trends in Europe both indicate that this empire will most definitely consists of the most influential and authoritarian EU member states and will be led by Germany. This is the period John refers to in Rev. 17:10 as the head that hasn't arrived. OT prophecies concerning this regime(ex. Isa. 10:5-7 and Hab. 1:6-8) forecasts that this will be the head that starts the Tribulation and will exist when Christ returns. In other words, it's going to be the 21st century version of Nazi Germany on a far greater scale.

The message John was conveying in Rev. 17:11 is that the last regime is also the eighth because it will emerge into existence as being completely different from the ones that came before it, even though it is still part of the same Roman system that Christ will put a permanent end to once He returns.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ignorance of the biblical languages is truly breathtaking- especially after others try to show you.
Ignorance?

(Seventy Weeks) Means Exactly What Is Written, What Is Ignorant About That Fact

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignorance?

(Seventy Weeks) Means Exactly What Is Written, What Is Ignorant About That Fact
What happened 490 days after the decree went out from Cyrus the Great?

Which nation currently holding Jews captive is going to issue a decree for them to go and rebuild Jerusalem? That would be the start of the 490 days.