What purpose does it serve?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been thinking a lot about the state of affairs in the world. There is so much noise and distraction coming from all directions... elections... pandemics... mass shootings... fallen Christian leaders.

From these forums... I have learned that many people seem to have a poor view upon those who do not pay attention and/or participate in the social/political arena that desires to rule the world.

Those who are not interested in the matters of the world and do not pay attention to what is happening.... are deemed as deceived/cowards/ineffective Christians/not even Christians at all.

It seems Christianity is now being defined as STANDING up for our RIGHTS... when in all reality... Christ laid down His own.

My question to those who have made such NOISE in sounding the alarm regarding the stolen election/"plandemic" is...

How has focusing so much on these topics helped your Christian walk? How has any of what you have tried to "bring to light" ( in your thinking ) helped the cause of Christianity? How has it change one iota of anything?

Other than "clearing your own conscience"... I don't see any benefit to this 'enlightened' knowledge so many seem to desire to bring forth.

I have never lived my life caring what others think... and that has not changed. However... I truly am perplexed at what people are defining as living a Christian life.

I live in peace... I trust... I pray... I am grateful... I worship... and I live my life to the best of my ability according to what is thrown at me. I am a survivor... I am a blessed woman... because the Lord continues to heal and redeem me.

The fact that I refuse to SHOUT that my rights are being taken from me... does not make me any less a Christian.

Christ tells us to meditate on things which are noble... lovely and pure. I choose to live my life in this manner... He also tells us not to go by what we see... and feel. It is this complete trust in God that has allowed me to get through all the trials I have experienced.

I have learned like Solomon that everything outside of Godly matters are frivolous... and I have come to see that even though I do not please many Christians with my views... it is WELL with my soul.

Hi Addy:

Well If you do not pay attention to these things, you are not a coward or apathetic or anything negative. God raises some up to be "watchman on the walls" to see and try to discern how these things can affect the family of believers. Not many are called to that task. Many are just interested in a normal "what's in the news way".

As for as ones walk, it can help or hurt depending on the individual, so IMO don't worry what others think. YOu stand before god yourself and not the slings and arrows of others.

Reactions: marks

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it's important to be interested in the world and what's happening in it, at least moderately. We are called to live in this world, and to completely shut our eyes and ears and disregard it altogether does not help us to be that preserving salt of the earth, which we are called to be. Jesus prayed not to take us out of this evil world, but for us to be protected whilst going about our Christian duty.

That said, I probably pay too much attention to the goings-on of the world with my twitter app. It's easy to get sucked in, and it can be demoralizing, and I'm struck with the illusion of so much knowledge. But if you don't know there's a problem, how can you address it? Christians should boldly stand up for the faith in spite of the world's opposition. That's how we grow and prove our faith. That's how we take others to Christ. We can't do so without exposure in some cases. We need to stand up for our values and protect what we currently have, which evil people are trying their best to get rid of, if we want to secure a brighter future. I don't believe Christ ever called anyone to be a social hermit.

By all means, prioritize that which is spiritual and that which is of eternal value. But don't outright reject to engage with the world you find yourself living in. It's a world we all have to contribute to in some way.

I absolutely respect what you have stated here... You are correct that we must be part of this world...

The fact that I live an ultra quiet and relatively hermit-like life is my choice.... my family is not with me... I am single and I live alone.
I do not attend church... so life is quiet. I am not suggesting my lifestyle choice is ideal or even attractive... I do not feel called to live like
this... I choose to live like this and I quite enjoy it.

I recognize that I see things very differently than most... with regards to boldly standing up for our faith... I don't agree with how many approach this issue. I believe we stand up for our faith by living it.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay. I would just encourage you to really find a home church and get integrated in some way. We need eachother irl as the body of Christ.

Reactions: Wrangler

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been thinking a lot about the state of affairs in the world. There is so much noise and distraction coming from all directions... elections... pandemics... mass shootings... fallen Christian leaders.

From these forums... I have learned that many people seem to have a poor view upon those who do not pay attention and/or participate in the social/political arena that desires to rule the world.

Those who are not interested in the matters of the world and do not pay attention to what is happening.... are deemed as deceived/cowards/ineffective Christians/not even Christians at all.

It seems Christianity is now being defined as STANDING up for our RIGHTS... when in all reality... Christ laid down His own.

My question to those who have made such NOISE in sounding the alarm regarding the stolen election/"plandemic" is...

How has focusing so much on these topics helped your Christian walk? How has any of what you have tried to "bring to light" ( in your thinking ) helped the cause of Christianity? How has it change one iota of anything?

Other than "clearing your own conscience"... I don't see any benefit to this 'enlightened' knowledge so many seem to desire to bring forth.

I have never lived my life caring what others think... and that has not changed. However... I truly am perplexed at what people are defining as living a Christian life.

I live in peace... I trust... I pray... I am grateful... I worship... and I live my life to the best of my ability according to what is thrown at me. I am a survivor... I am a blessed woman... because the Lord continues to heal and redeem me.

The fact that I refuse to SHOUT that my rights are being taken from me... does not make me any less a Christian.

Christ tells us to meditate on things which are noble... lovely and pure. I choose to live my life in this manner... He also tells us not to go by what we see... and feel. It is this complete trust in God that has allowed me to get through all the trials I have experienced.

I have learned like Solomon that everything outside of Godly matters are frivolous... and I have come to see that even though I do not please many Christians with my views... it is WELL with my soul.
History is made up of stories about the struggles between good and evil. God ordains governments, leaders and authorities for a purpose. . He restrains evil through our governments and by His Spirit. Still, God requires man to live righteously but now we are are living in an upside down world, where good is evil and vice versa.
This corruption is not sitting well with everyone.
God blessed this nation and we prospered like no other and it is sad to see it go down. Men died for our freedoms, people didn't just sit home and read their bibles passively.
God is sovereign and so judgment is coming. Still we must continue to particpate, to shine the light on darkness.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From my own perspective, the talk concerning rights and politics has not affected my walk with Christ. Nonetheless, as a citizen of the United States, my constitution is a birthright I share with my fellow countrymen. (and women.) And just like Jacob and Esau, God has forced us to make a decision: will I value my birthright or trade it for a bowl of soup. (so to speak) I am surprised that so many of my fellow countrymen, like Esau, despise the birthright.

But as to your wonderful point, we can learn much from Abraham, who although God promised him the land, never took it by force but waited on God to supply it.

Reactions: NayborBear

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How has focusing so much on these topics helped your Christian walk?

Focus?? Christians??
The blind leading the blind...what happens. Accountability....responsibility....non-affect to the world, or even worse supporting Satan and working against God.
Our Christian walk....is it a solitary walk?
Is abortion merely political? Is drug trafficking and drug pushers chasing after kids is that just political?
Homosexually trying to seduce our children in the gym locker rooms, is that just political?

So here comes Sally Christian...she is going to vote for a demonrat...Now she may do it because her family votes demonrats, or she has always voted for demonrats. Why? Maybe she is old and she thinks the democrats from the 50's are still around. Or she just doesn't pay attention....focus....? Ahhh! Or maybe she is just not interested?

No doubt if the demonrats win....next year....600,000 babies will be murdered.
No doubt if the demonrats win....next year....more drugs will be made legal and more drugs smuggled across the border.
No doubt if the demonrats win....next year....the homosexuals will be further supported and protected...more molestations.

Now Sally Christian steps up to the voting booth and casts her vote for the democrats....and it echo through history and the Great Hall of God! Crucify Him! Crucify Him! Crucify Him! Let His blood be on us and our children!
Did the Jews crucify Christ?
Did Sally Christian murder 600,000 babies?
Did Sally Christian put the needle in that little girl's arm?
Did Sally Christian hold the child while the homosexual took him?

You tell me?
Focus? LOL What is the alternative?

Now maybe Sally's sister did not vote....she just turned her back on all this? Christian of no affect, like she wasn't even there....
Read and heed the parable of the Talent.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

lol....denial, lack of self honesty, a greater opinion of self than is accurate whether conscious or unconscious, immaturity, pride.....the list goes on. All of these contribute to lack of harmony. Pointing it out to the respective participants only becomes as a red flag to a bull. One must soldier on and bear one's cross even when it is laid on by the 'brethren'

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why not apply the converse to yourself? It is you who has a poor view of those who are addressing current issues and bringing to light the massive flood of lies that is overwhelming people.

As a matter of fact you have attacked me PERSONALLY on this forum when I have had absolutely no interaction with you. In fact I did not even know that an Addy-Baddy was hangin' around here. I would have had every right to report you but did not do so.

So take a good hard look yourself before you continue on with your virtue signaling. And think about Noah who was warning people and telling them to flee from the wrath to come.

All the events which have occurred since January 2020 are precursors to the coming of the Antichrist. At the same time everything connected with the bogus pandemic is bogus. People need to know this. And because people did not know that they were being hoaxed, the rate of suicides in America skyrocketed. All the daily fear-mongering by the Leftist media and the unethical public health officials is directly related to this. And to add to this, the sabotage of the HCQ combo pack, Ivermectin, and other treatments by these same liars literally led to the mass murder of hundreds of thousands. But of course, that is of no concern to you.

"Multiple lines of evidence indicate that the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has profound psychological and social effects. The psychological sequelae of the pandemic will probably persist for months and years to come. Studies indicate that the COVID-19 pandemic is associated with distress, anxiety, fear of contagion, depression and insomnia in the general population and among healthcare professionals. Social isolation, anxiety, fear of contagion, uncertainty, chronic stress and economic difficulties may lead to the development or exacerbation of depressive, anxiety, substance use and other psychiatric disorders in vulnerable populations including individuals with pre-existing psychiatric disorders and people who reside in high COVID-19 prevalence areas. Stress-related psychiatric conditions including mood and substance use disorders are associated with suicidal behavior. COVID-19 survivors may also be at elevated suicide risk. The COVID-19 crisis may increase suicide rates during and after the pandemic."
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on suicide rates - PubMed

Now if you wish to know how Christ would have addressed this, that too is found in Scripture, where the Lord has given Christians godly principles to deal with the distress of others (even animals):

If thou meet thine enemy's ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again. If thou see the ass of him that hateth thee lying under his burden, and wouldest forbear to help him, thou shalt surely help with him... Thou shalt not see thy brother's ox or his sheep go astray, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt in any case bring them again unto thy brother. And if thy brother be not nigh unto thee, or if thou know him not, then thou shalt bring it unto thine own house, and it shall be with thee until thy brother seek after it, and thou shalt restore it to him again. In like manner shalt thou do with his ass; and so shalt thou do with his raiment; and with all lost thing of thy brother's, which he hath lost, and thou hast found, shalt thou do likewise: thou mayest not hide thyself. Thou shalt not see thy brother's ass or his ox fall down by the way, and hide thyself from them: thou shalt surely help him to lift them up again. (Exod 23:4,5; Deut 22:1-4)

No Christian may say in good conscience that the principles stated herein have no bearing on Christian actions in the 21st century as they relate to the distress caused by the bogus pandemic.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Yes, a little politics goes a long way with me, but in prayer and intercession I lift up those in authority so that law and order can be maintained according to the Will of God. Christians who have political bees in their bonnets are NOT good company where I'm concerned, but I do my best to serve them in love when they come my way, no matter their alarming opinions.

I'm going with this verse as a spiritual principle:

Lev 26:13 I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why not apply the converse to yourself? It is you who has a poor view of those who are addressing current issues and bringing to light the massive flood of lies that is overwhelming people.

As a matter of fact you have attacked me PERSONALLY on this forum when I have had absolutely no interaction with you. In fact I did not even know that an Addy-Baddy was hangin' around here. I would have had every right to report you but did not do so.

So take a good hard look yourself before you continue on with your virtue signaling.

I did not read past this part of your post... however I wanted to address your complaints against me publicly.

I do NOT have a poor view of others with differences in opinion. The world is made up of all kinds of opinions and I respect the right to have them. I have often reflected this within these forums. There are many who do not share the same views as I do... and we are able to communicate wonderfully.

Addressing current issues is indeed something we need to contend with if we desire to survive in the world. I have admitted that I do not follow what is happening around me... but I have not "boasted" that this is the way anyone should live... nor have I stated I am right. I believe there is a balance to be had for a healthy perspective on any matter.

My issue with you Sir Enoch has been your attitude.... NOT your knowledge and/or opinions. I'm sure you have some wonderful information and it might even be accurate... however... I have chosen not to listen to your reports because I am unable to get past your demeaning and condescending ways.

You could have contributed here in an important manner... but chose to bring MORE of your ATTITUDE with you. I do not have a poor view of those who choose to be well informed... I have a poor view of those who condemn and demean others for not seeing things as they do.

If you desire to report me about how I have communicated with you.... then by all means do so... but don't come onto my thread and attempt to turn the tables on me. If you did not like my content... you had the choice to walk away... I do not post on the threads you begin... and I do not enjoy that you and I have come to this place.... but by golly... I will not sit back and watch you tear others apart simply for not thinking like you or agreeing with you. For months now... I have witnessed you ranting and raving about the topic of the US election and now covid-19. In my opinion.. it's over-kill. Everyone here knows EXACTLY how you feel about both topics.

Since you have made a public accusation towards me... I will supply the last correspondence I had with you a few weeks ago.
I do not go out of my way to look for your content... I wake up very early morning and read all kinds of posts.

I have truly had enough of things with you... I do not find your manner acceptable in the least... but I will ponder placing you on Ignore. Post #63 was also written with you in mind. FYI

Sadly... addressing your bad manners was NOT the first thing I did upon returning. I only did so because your "style" of presentation when speaking to people here is most demeaning.

You do not have a clue what I think or believe about anything except perhaps the fact that I did not think well of Mr. Trump.

You make far too many assumptions about the people you are speaking with Sir Enoch... and this is very unwise.

I love truth... I seek it... but I do not listen to people who CLAIM to be right about absolutely everything. This is not about YOU... and YOU are NOT the ONLY one who knows things.

Your lack of respect to others here on the forums is what I have an issue with... and I will continue to confront this issue. I do not post on threads that YOU begin... as I truly do not have any interest in hearing what you say... However... when you attack others... that is a whole different story.

You have opinions... which is lovely... however...they are NOT more important than others. THAT'S MY POINT!

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grailhunter ... I have read your post... You are another that I am unable to understand or properly communicate with.
That's on me.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From my own perspective, the talk concerning rights and politics has not affected my walk with Christ. Nonetheless, as a citizen of the United States, my constitution is a birthright I share with my fellow countrymen. (and women.) And just like Jacob and Esau, God has forced us to make a decision: will I value my birthright or trade it for a bowl of soup. (so to speak) I am surprised that so many of my fellow countrymen, like Esau, despise the birthright.

But as to your wonderful point, we can learn much from Abraham, who although God promised him the land, never took it by force but waited on God to supply it.

This was absolutely a delight to read. I do think part of my problem in understanding the election was due to my lack of understanding patriotism... It is not like this in Canada ( that I know of ). We also have WAY more government control here... Much of this has to do with where one hails from.
United States and Canada may be neighbours... but we are very different.

Bless you @CadyandZoe

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Addy
I have been reading the interactions, can I say that you are not alone in where you are, what you feel and in what you have conveyed in all your posts here.
Xx
Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm really happy that I took the time to make this post... There have been many good contributions here... and indeed... much food for thought about balancing our Christian walk and our earthly interests.

I think what I have learned is that much of this topic seems to be about perceiving what it means to be a Christian... along with how one should behave as a Christian. Some think it is integral to vote... some do not vote because they believe all government is corrupt. I feel that both answers are equivalent.

As far as the pandemic goes... no one can argue that something very peculiar has happened this last year. I believe that we have all done the very best we can to deal with something we absolutely knew nothing about.. nor were we prepared for....and that includes my government. Mistakes were made... but rather than blame and accuse... I choose to accept that it has happened... and I seek to find the hand of GOD within it.

Personally... I do not have all the answers and maybe I don't have any answers... but as a Christian... I feel it was my duty to support and obey the government mandates out of respect for all the front line workers who have sacrificed their lives so that we can remain safe. I call this simple respect. I am not afraid of covid-19... but many are and although I find it sad... I understand.

I don't believe that the whole world is out to get me... and if they are... then I have paid them no mind. So.... when I state that I do not have sympathy for the pastors and/or any others who have chosen to go against the protocols... it is for this reason... I have not distinguished that this has been against our Christian rights BECAUSE everyone was asked to comply. It's that simple for me.

With the above said... I think @CadyandZoe summed it up best... by stating there is more than one way to be obedient to God... one is in doing... and the other is in waiting... In balance... both are an act of Worship.

Reactions: Rita

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Focus?? Christians??
The blind leading the blind...what happens. Accountability....responsibility....non-affect to the world, or even worse supporting Satan and working against God.
Our Christian walk....is it a solitary walk?
Is abortion merely political? Is drug trafficking and drug pushers chasing after kids is that just political?
Homosexually trying to seduce our children in the gym locker rooms, is that just political?

So here comes Sally Christian...she is going to vote for a demonrat...Now she may do it because her family votes demonrats, or she has always voted for demonrats. Why? Maybe she is old and she thinks the democrats from the 50's are still around. Or she just doesn't pay attention....focus....? Ahhh! Or maybe she is just not interested?

No doubt if the demonrats win....next year....600,000 babies will be murdered.
No doubt if the demonrats win....next year....more drugs will be made legal and more drugs smuggled across the border.
No doubt if the demonrats win....next year....the homosexuals will be further supported and protected...more molestations.

Now Sally Christian steps up to the voting booth and casts her vote for the democrats....and it echo through history and the Great Hall of God! Crucify Him! Crucify Him! Crucify Him! Let His blood be on us and our children!
Did the Jews crucify Christ?
Did Sally Christian murder 600,000 babies?
Did Sally Christian put the needle in that little girl's arm?
Did Sally Christian hold the child while the homosexual took him?

You tell me?
Focus? LOL What is the alternative?

Now maybe Sally's sister did not vote....she just turned her back on all this? Christian of no affect, like she wasn't even there....
Read and heed the parable of the Talent.
Very well stated Brother. We are to be in the world , but not of the world. Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very well stated Brother. We are to be in the world , but not of the world. Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

And there is the issue... What people define as nothing.

Waiting on God... trusting in God... praying for truth to be exposed... all these things in my estimation are far more effective than SHOUTING repetitively about a problem... My question was... How have these repetitive "warnings" given by some changed anything? It hasn't changed one thing... Some people think covid was a hoax... that is their right.... but it is sad that some seem to think if one does not believe in a certain way about social/political issues that they are cowards... blind... and even not even Christians.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Waiting on God... trusting in God... praying for truth to be exposed... all these things in my estimation are far more effective than SHOUTING repetitively about a problem... My question was... How have these repetitive "warnings" given by some changed anything? It hasn't changed one thing... Some people think covid was a hoax... that is their right.... but it is sad that some seem to think if one does not believe in a certain way about social/political issues that they are cowards... blind... and even not even Christians.
I have never called anyone a coward. I also don’t think it’s any of my business whether someone thinks like me. My point is that as a Christian, if I feel passionate about an issue that I see as a moral absolute, I should be allowed to respectfully express what I feel is a biblical truth. I have written letters to the editors of newspapers, and called and left messages to political figures. You are absolutely correct that nothing has changed ie abortion, but that does not mean I can’t call it a barbaric procedure. Will it change in my lifetime, highly doubtful, it’s still wrong.
Again, our views simply differ, just because I can’t change an issue doesn’t mean I have to keep quiet about it. Christians win in the end, and Jesus told us that in this world we will have trouble. This is how I feel.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Everyone has the right to think what they want. And people have the right to disagree...
Everybody has a purpose and a path in life.
We all should be praying, that is a given.
Some of us have ministries....
Some are political....
Some defend us and our country...
Doing something.....Some believe that Christianity is about don't doing things, but is that just part of applying Christianity?
What was Christ talking about when He said, What if the salt loses its flavor?....what if Christians hide their light under a basket?....What does the parable of the Talents mean? What are the ramifications of hiding your talents?
We have to be grateful that Christ did something more than just pray for us. He is our example, He was a doer...He had courage...as should we. Christ sent his disciples out into a world full of wolves. What if His Apostles and disciples said, Hey, live and let live, everyone is entitled to their opinion. What if they would not have taken a stand and just went home and prayed.

but it is sad that some seem to think if one does not believe in a certain way about social/political issues that they are cowards... blind... and even not even Christians.

Now this statement is interesting. Is there anyone here that you think actually believes...you have to believe in a certain way about social/political issues...or your not a Christian? It is above our paygrade to decide who is a Christian or not...who is saved or not.
But there are a lot of different types of Christians out there. It might surprise you to know that a Voodoo priestess is a Christian.
So answer me this....Christians for sure, but answer me this....
What type of Christian supports abortion?
What type of Christian supports drug use?
What type of Christian supports homosexuality?
Do you think these topics are merely social / political topics or issues?
Do you think that morality is like an optional thing for Christians?

Last edited:
Reactions: BobVance

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never called anyone a coward. I also don’t think it’s any of my business whether someone thinks like me. My point is that as a Christian, if I feel passionate about an issue that I see as a moral absolute, I should be allowed to respectfully express what I feel is a biblical truth. I have written letters to the editors of newspapers, and called and left messages to political figures. You are absolutely correct that nothing has changed ie abortion, but that does not mean I can’t call it a barbaric procedure. Will it change in my lifetime, highly doubtful, it’s still wrong.
Again, our views simply differ, just because I can’t change an issue doesn’t mean I have to keep quiet about it. Christians win in the end, and Jesus told us that in this world we will have trouble. This is how I feel.

I will remind you of what you accused me of the other day.... NOT caring for the unborn...
Below is part of the conversation you and I had yesterday. The highlighted part at the bottom is what you said to me.

Addy's response to Bob Vance
Personally I really don't care what you believe... YOU have that right... my issue is the ASSUMPTIONS you are making about others.

and for the record.... you DID accuse me of NOT caring for the unborn because I did not appreciate Mr. Trump.
These were your exact words to me.... NOT cool... Just saying... My opinion of Mr. Trump in no way... shape or form defines what I believe about the UNBORN.

It appears you don’t care about the unborn dear lady!