What purpose does it serve?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For man's glory!

1 Thes 4:
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
For God's glory![/QUOTE]

Ephesians 4:9-10 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? [10] He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right Addy! May I add ...Col 3:2? Focus on the things above and not the things on the earth.
I like you.

Makes me think of Luke 21:25-28 which can be said “see, we don’t fear the virus!” but could also be “we don’t focus constantly every second of every day on distress of nations, perplexity, the seas and waves roaring; looking after those things coming upon the earth, the powers of heaven shaken...instead “look up, lift up your heads; for He draweth near.”

“And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; [26] Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. [27] And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. [28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everyone has the right to think what they want. And people have the right to disagree...
Everybody has a purpose and a path in life.
We all should be praying, that is a given.
Some of us have ministries....
Some are political....
Some defend us and our country...
Doing something.....Some believe that Christianity is about don't doing things, but is that just part of applying Christianity?
What was Christ talking about when He said, What if the salt loses it flavor?....what if Christians hide their light under a basket?....What does the parable of the Talents mean? What are the ramifications of hiding your talents?
We have to be grateful that Christ did something more than just pray for us. He is our example, He was a doer...He had courage...as should we. Christ sent his disciples out into a world full of wolves. What if His Apostles and disciples said, Hey, live and let live, everyone is entitled to their opinion. What if they would not have taken a stand and just went home and prayed.

but it is sad that some seem to think if one does not believe in a certain way about social/political issues that they are cowards... blind... and even not even Christians.

Now this statement is interesting. Is there anyone here that you think actually believes...you have to believe in a certain way about social/political issues...or your not a Christian? It is above our paygrade to decide who is a Christian or not...who is saved or not.
But there are a lot of different types of Christians out there. It might surprise you to know that a Voodoo priestess is a Christian.
So answer me this....Christians for sure, but answer me this....
What type of Christian supports abortion?
What type of Christian supports drug use?
What type of Christian supports homosexuality?
Do you think these topics are merely social / political topics or issues?
Do you think that morality is like an optional thing for Christians?

I have posted a lot of my beliefs on previous threads... I absolutely agree that as Christians we should take the stance of ALL BIBLICAL matters.
This includes abortion, LGBTQ matters, celibacy of all single people, marriage between only a man and woman, and not conforming to any of the agendas these groups try to bring forth. I have also stated that I am against all these things on more than one occasion... inclusive of admitting that I will NEVER refer to anyone outside the confines of male and female. ( here in Canada... It is against the law NOT to address someone according to their preferred pronoun)... If I ever encounter this type of situation... I will have to break the law because it is asking me to go aganist what I believe.

I would assume that the above things are pretty straight forward.
So if any Christian is going against the examples you mentioned.. then... I would not trust their view points.

I do not believe that every Christian voted for Trump.... for their own personal reasons... This does not make them any less a Christian than those who voted for Trump. Both choices made according to good conscience stands before GOD.... and is between God and that person. Suddenly this election became a whole different ball game... Certain people decided Trump was Cyrus and that all Christians must support and vote for him.
Voting is a choice... It is part of the freedoms Americans FIGHT FOR... yet this time... there was no FREEDOM in voting... and it was made MOST OBVIOUS within these forums that "true" Christians MUST vote for Trump. That to me is simply wrong.

I do not believe that Covid-19 is a hoax ( although I do not know exactly what to think of it )... This does not make me any less a Christian than those who believe covid-19 is a hoax. I do not understand the need to go on and on for months on end with article after article trying to cause strife amongst the body of Christ by going on a "SKY is falling" mission to save the world. My question was what difference does all the shouting make???

We are all entitled to opinions and we are all commanded to live according to our good conscience. Suddenly that seems to be a right that has been taken away by Christians. It has become ultimatums and accusations towards one another.

I will always have an issue with poor communication... When someone constantly has the need to demean and belittle others... I have a problem with that... As you can see... I do have several problems... but what I have learned during my time away is that I am NOT a push-over... and one of the things I feel led to do is stand up to the bullies I come across.

Forums present a wonderful opportunity to learn from others... but when they are taken over by dominant personalities who cannot communicate with respect... then they simply become places of strife. That is my humble little opinion... LOL

The purpose of this thread was NOT to argue with ANYONE... sadly... someone decided I needed to be taught a lesson... and so instead of participating in the thread... they chose to come at me. I responded with a defence.

God bless us all... we are all a work in progress... I believe in healthy conversations... honest conversations and open conversations... but without respect... there is nothing. THAT is my POINT.

@Grailhunter... this is NOT meant for you as such... but it is a response to your post.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marriage between only a man and woman,

not to derail your thread because I know it is a touchy subject. Only ask you to consider. I also agree man and woman, male and female in reading the same passages as you. Yet I ask how do I have any right to stand and judge two men or two women saying their union does not display God based off gender ...when my own marriage of gender correctness doesn’t display “Christ and His church” any better? We have the gender right male and female, man and woman; but what of the care of ‘as Christ loves His church and the church loves Christ?’ Which no one wants to speak of that. How can a man and woman married promote they are the example and neglect even liking one another...yet say based solely of being male and female, by the flesh seen that they are the perfect model when all else lacks? Do we even see how male and female, female and male speak and treat one another within the body. As Christ loves His body, as the body loves Christ? are we hypocritical I can’t help but ask, puffed up by being seen as “the model” based solely and only off outward appearances??

Last edited:

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will remind you of what you accused me of the other day.... NOT caring for the unborn...
Below is part of the conversation you and I had yesterday. The highlighted part at the bottom is what you said to me.

Addy's response to Bob Vance
Personally I really don't care what you believe... YOU have that right... my issue is the ASSUMPTIONS you are making about others.

and for the record.... you DID accuse me of NOT caring for the unborn because I did not appreciate Mr. Trump.
These were your exact words to me.... NOT cool... Just saying... My opinion of Mr. Trump in no way... shape or form defines what I believe about the UNBORN.

It appears you don’t care about the unborn dear lady!
Wrong, I stated it appears, that’s how I perceive your ideology. No disrespect intended, for the last time, we have different views on these issues.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yet I ask how do I have any right to stand and judge two men or two woman saying their union does not display God based off gender ...when my own marriage of gender correctness doesn’t display “Christ and His church” any better?

I have had YOU on my heart for a great long time. I tried to message you awhile back but I was not able to do so due to your settings.
I have been praying for you... because I FEEL your turmoil... and I sense your despair. The question you ask is that of hypocrisy... and it is an important one to ask.

My beliefs are taken from the bible... and they do not change according to special circumstances... This is one of the things I love MOST about God is that HE never changes.

I absolutely understand what you have stated... You have done things according to God's plan... and yet the results are not good.
There is so much my heart would love to say to you dear precious broken-hearted lamb... but I have shared them with God... and I have
asked HIM to bring you to a place of JOY for ashes. God sees all... Continue to seek HIS FACE.... A bruised reed HE will not break.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not to derail your thread because I know it is a touchy subject. Only ask you to consider. I also agree man and woman, male and female in reading the same passages as you. Yet I ask how do I have any right to stand and judge two men or two women saying their union does not display God based off gender ...when my own marriage of gender correctness doesn’t display “Christ and His church” any better? We have the gender right male and female, man and woman; but what of the care of ‘as Christ loves His church and the church loves Christ?’ Which no one wants to speak of that. How can a man and woman married promote they are the example and neglect even liking one another...yet say based solely of being male and female, by the flesh seen that they are the perfect model when all else lacks? Do we even see how male and female, female and male speak and treat one another with the body. As Christ loves His body, as the body loves Christ ...are we hypocritical I can’t help but ask in puffed up by being seen as “the model” based solely and only off outward appearances??
Leviticus 18:22 -You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
That is clear enough for anyone to comprehend.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have posted a lot of my beliefs on previous threads... I absolutely agree that as Christians we should take the stance of ALL BIBLICAL matters.
This includes abortion, LGBTQ matters, celibacy of all single people, marriage between only a man and woman, and not conforming to any of the agendas these groups try to bring forth. I have also stated that I am against all these things on more than one occasion... inclusive of admitting that I will NEVER refer to anyone outside the confines of male and female. ( here in Canada... It is against the law NOT to address someone according to their preferred pronoun)... If I ever encounter this type of situation... I will have to break the law because it is asking me to go aganist what I believe.

I would assume that the above things are pretty straight forward.
So if any Christian is going against the examples you mentioned.. then... I would not trust their view points.

I do not believe that every Christian voted for Trump.... for their own personal reasons... This does not make them any less a Christian than those who voted for Trump. Both choices made according to good conscience stands before GOD.... and is between God and that person. Suddenly this election became a whole different ball game... Certain people decided Trump was Cyrus and that all Christians must support and vote for him.
Voting is a choice... It is part of the freedoms Americans FIGHT FOR... yet this time... there was no FREEDOM in voting... and it was made MOST OBVIOUS within these forums that true Christians MUST vote for Trump. That to me is simply wrong.

I do not believe that Covid-19 is a hoax ( although I do not know exactly what to think of it )... This does not make me any less a Christian than those who believe covid-19 is a hoax. I do not understand the need to go on and on for months on end with article after article trying to cause strife amongst the body of Christ by going on a "SKY is falling" mission to save the world. My question was what difference does all the shouting make???

We are all entitled to opinions and we are all commanded to live according to our good conscience. Suddenly that seems to be a right that has been taken away by Christians. It has become ultimatums and accusations towards one another.

I will always have an issue with poor communication... When someone constantly has the need to demean and belittle others... I have a problem with that... As you can see... I do have several problems... but what I have learned during my time away is that I am NOT a push-over... and one of the things I feel led to do is stand up to the bullies I come across.

Forums present a wonderful opportunity to learn from others... but when they are taken over by dominant personalities who cannot communicate with respect... then they simply become places of strife. That is my humble little opinion... LOL

The purpose of this thread was NOT to argue with ANYONE... sadly... someone decided I needed to be taught a lesson... and so instead of participating in the thread... they chose to come at me. I responded with a defence.

God bless us all... we are all a work in progress... I believe in healthy conversations... honest conversations and open conversations... but without respect... there is nothing. THAT is my POINT.

@Grailhunter... this is NOT meant for you as such... but it is a response to your post.

Good response...
I don't think anyone here thinks that Covid-19 is not real. But there is a lot to know about it and there have been those that have used the general ignorance of this to further their agendas. Mostly used to control people....destroy economies....attack Christianity
promote communism. So many lies and it so much invested in communist propaganda machine that went full throttle with nothing but lies. All about converting America to communism.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 18:22 -You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.
That is clear enough for anyone to comprehend.

Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

it is because of the woman a man has the cares of the world...how do you get past that animosity of because of marriage you have the cares of the world?

to hear always this twinge of it from a lot of men speaking of Paul saying how he wished you could be like him and unmarried. Because a married man cares for the things of the world how he may please his wife. The doom of it. Being Put where you don’t want to be but so wish a different path was taken before you learned it is better to be unmarried and able to serve the Lord without distraction. (The woman being that distraction).

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What type of Christian supports abortion?
What type of Christian supports drug use?
What type of Christian supports homosexuality?

As a Christian we should not be supporting these acts but we should be supporting the people who practice them. People who are not born again of the Spirit are living in sin anyway and they are free to make the choices that suit their own purposes. It's a question of Hate the sin but love the sinner. The scriptures tell us that Jesus didn't come to condemn the world so we shouldn't either. And we are also warned not to judge others.

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Matthew 7:1-3
‘Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way as you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
‘Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

it is because of the woman a man has the cares of the world...how do you get past that animosity of because of marriage you have the cares of the world?
Not sure what your point is supposed to be?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had YOU on my heart for a great long time. I tried to message you awhile back but I was not able to do so due to your settings.
I have been praying for you... because I FEEL your turmoil... and I sense your despair. The question you ask is that of hypocrisy... and it is an important one to ask.

My beliefs are taken from the bible... and they do not change according to special circumstances... This is one of the things I love MOST about God is that HE never changes.

I absolutely understand what you have stated... You have done things according to God's plan... and yet the results are not good.
There is so much my heart would love to say to you dear precious broken-hearted lamb... but I have shared them with God... and I have
asked HIM to bring you to a place of JOY for ashes. God sees all... Continue to seek HIS FACE.... A bruised reed HE will not break.

thank you! Yes I struggle.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what your point is supposed to be?

the point is the undertones of being the source of the problem my entire life. Even being taught all my life that being the weaker vessel is a big disgrace.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thank you! Yes I struggle.

I just want you to know that I recognized this a long time ago... after a post you made to someone.
Your words so deeply touched my heart that I was tormented with the need to keep you in prayer.
That had not happened to me in a while... I call it intercession...
So... please know that I am thinking of you sister... God is the God of impossibilities... HE truly is.
Have courage... and continue to place one step in front of the other.

LOL... I said tormented by the need to pray... I guess that sounds really bad... but when it happens to you... it's a nagging... never stopping weight that you carry until you ANSWER...

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
I think Christians need to sort out our own leaders before we try and sort out the government leaders. We are represented by some of the worst people, falwell, ted Haggard, oral roberts, the boston child rape scandel, vatican bank scandel.
We have good leaders at the small local churches but for some reason the leaders at the top are always rotten.
Jesus was the best man ever, what did the church leaders do, the conspired to kill him.
It's always been this way

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think Christians need to sort out our own leaders before we try and sort out the government leaders. We are represented by some of the worst people, falwell, ted Haggard, oral roberts, the boston child rape scandel, vatican bank scandel.
We have good leaders at the small local churches but for some reason the leaders at the top are always rotten.
Jesus was the best man ever, what did the church leaders do, the conspired to kill him.
It's always been this way
That is actually a very good point.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the point is the undertones of being the source of the problem my entire life. Even being taught all my life that being the weaker vessel is a big disgrace.
I don’t see women as weak, God created women to be in partnership with men. Men are to love and respect their spouse.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don’t see women as weak, God created women to be in partnership with men. Men are to love and respect their spouse.
I think the problem is that some men do NOT know what loving their wives as Christ loves the church means... Cases of abuse of Christian men towards their wives is a prevalent phenomenon I believe.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not sure of the full context of your statement but I wanted to give you some encouragement. I watched an outstanding set of video's during a week long seminar on marriage. One day covered the responsibilities of the man. The next day covered the responsibilities of the woman.

The pastor pointed out the undeniable implication of the verse. It does not say women are the weak vessel. It says that women are the weaker vessel. What does this say about men? The humbling answer is that men are also weak.

Hope this helps.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is a good site: Home | Marg Mowczko
And try to read 'Woman the full story' by Michelle Guinness. That really helped me to see my place as a woman of God.