What required for going to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe that a person must be a member of the Roman Catholic Church in order to go to Heaven?

• Total voters

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
----------
williemac: There's nothing in any of my replies that can verify this brutal attack on my character.
----------

Playing the "victim card" again

This, "playing around with all them lusts of the flesh that relentlessly demand attention with an ever growing insatiable appetite", describes sin; wickedness.

I don't know why you feel that was directed at you?

Sin is submission to Satan, instead of submission to God's word.

Sin glorifies Satan, obedience glorifies God.

Sin is the fruit of believing Satan, obedience is the fruit of believing God.

Sin is an act of faith in Satan, obedience is an act of faith in God.

Wickedness is the fruit of walking in the flesh, righteousness is the fruit of walking in the Spirit; submission to the Word of God and reproof of the Holy Spirit.

Obedience is an act of love; wickedness, sin, is an act of hate towards God.

I made no attack on your character, just commenting on what you were boasting about, "invalidating keeping commandments"; which means you're validating sinning.

The statement was about what you're trying to validate.

"invalidating keeping commandments", is by definition, validating breaking commandments, sinning.

Don't try to blame me for what you say.

williemac; "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of salvation and life by way of keeping commandments."

Why do you feel it's derogatory to quote what you say?

Sin is defined by God: breaking God's commandments, God's law, God's word, God's rules.

"And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD ..."

What are you boasting of doing?

williemac; "What I am invalidating is ... keeping commandments."

So, you're attacking God's doctrine, "forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD" by nullifying the words of God, "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of ... keeping commandments."

If you nullify God's definition of sin; you're trying to make it OK to sin.

There will be nothing to say you can't sin after you've nullified God's commandments; your stated goal.

You're attacking Christ's doctrine.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations ... Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you"

Jesus said to teach the whole world to observe all things He commanded.

These are the words of the resurrected Christ; so, no goofy "timeframe" or twisting of Paul's scriptures or ignorance of the Ten Commandments, can invalidate this commandment.

Instead of teaching to "observe", like Jesus says; "What I am invalidating is ... keeping commandments."

You're trying to invalidate Jesus Christ.

All the words of Jesus are law to be observed by Christians.

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

When you say, "What I am invalidating is ... keeping commandments"; you're trying to invalidate ALL the words of Jesus, ALL the words of Jesus are law; "the word that I have spoken ... judge him in the last day".

The word is commandment; but you're trying to invalidate The Word of God.

"Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning." / "What I am invalidating is ... keeping commandments."

You misquote Paul trying to invalidate Paul's doctrine; "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

If you are "invalidating keeping commandments", then you're validating that which Paul says "shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

williemac; "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of salvation and life by way of keeping commandments."

You try to obnubilate things, with " ... salvation and life by way of ... ".

But a person must obey commandments to enter God's plan of Salvation.

These are commandments, not optional, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus Christ, The Word of God, "... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

You're attacking Christ's doctrine!

If there are no commandments, then we can just ignore the whole Bible. Painfully silly stuff.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeMe said:
----------
williemac: There's nothing in any of my replies that can verify this brutal attack on my character.
----------

Playing the "victim card" again

This, "playing around with all them lusts of the flesh that relentlessly demand attention with an ever growing insatiable appetite", describes sin; wickedness.

I don't know why you feel that was directed at you?

The great pretender. The great twister. I point out your personal attack against me and your answer is to say I am personally attacking you by this? Then you simply say..."personal attacks ignored".

Here is a quote of mine that you enjoy pasting on every reply williemac; "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of salvation and life by way of keeping commandments."
Yes, I am saying that we are to keep the commandments, but not for the purpose of getting saved. That is what my quote means.I should think there would be no confusion over the wording. But apparently you like to pretend there is, because no only do you paste this quote, you promptly paste a fragmented version of it in the same reply, which is: "What I am invalidating is ... keeping commandments". That my friend is dirty pool. I never said those words in that way. I never once invalidated the keeping of the commandments. I was speaking of the reason why we keep them as compared to the reason that is no longer in play.

You can dispute this if you wish, but why do you rather play the misquote card to make my words appear to say what I have never said? I have protested this over and over. I have confirmed over and over that I agree with obeying Jesus. But you refuse to allow me this clarification. You continue to lie about my words. And then when I protest, you simply mock me by your suggestion I am playing the victim card.

I ask you, why do you love your wife? Because you have to? Out of obligation? Or because you want to love her? Or because you desire to love her and take enjoyment in loving her? So why are we to love God? In either case, which is the better motivation? Which motivation will your wife appreciate more?

This is my point. It is about our motive for loving and serving God. It has always been my point. Do you think that the only thing that God has in His arsenal of motivation is to threaten us to obey Him? Or do you think maybe He has the power and the ability to inspire our love?

This is the difference between the two covenants. The first one is about threatening sinners to behave themselves. The second one is to pour out God's love in the heart of those who are new creations, to inspire them to love Him through the love of others. There is a greater reason to keep commandments than merely to save one's own skin. I feel sorry for you if you have never understood the difference.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: "The great pretender." : personal attacks ignored
williemac: " The great twister." : personal attacks ignored
williemac: I point out your personal attack against me and your answer is to say I am personally attacking you by this?
I ignore the personal attacks as boring and irrelevant.

You keep trying to play the "victim card" by implying that showing scriptures that refute what you teach, victimizes you.

At least, you now admit what I've been referring to:

williemac; "Yes, I am saying that we are to keep the commandments, but not for the purpose of getting saved." (revised version)

No matter which way I turn it; "invalidating keeping commandments" doesn't mean "keep the commandments" ??? Truth challenged ???

williemac; "Yes, I am saying that we are to keep the commandments, but not for the purpose of getting saved." (revised version)

That's anti-Christ's doctrine.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:"

Part of Jesus's instructions for salvation is; "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded"

You're trying to invalidate the very instructions of Jesus Christ, for Salvation.

williemac; There is a greater reason to keep commandments than merely to save one's own skin. I feel sorry for you if you have never understood the difference.
It's real stupid not to do what God says ... Do you understand that?

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeMe said:
You keep trying to play the "victim card" by implying that showing scriptures that refute what you teach, victimizes you.
Again, you are in your own fantasy world. Here is an example from your own words: (IBEME SAID:) It's quite simple, you're just trying to validate sinning,
Tell me, friend, what scripture did you quote there? That statement was directed at my personal objective. A suggestion about what I am trying to do is aimed at my motive, not my teaching. You are accusing me of wanting sin to be valid.

But as for this statement of yours: " Part of Jesus' instructions for salvation is; "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded""

Again, this proves how you don't understand what goes on in scripture. Yes, this is an instruction. But you added "for salvation". There is no place in that passage that says this. In regards to what to do "for salvation", Jesus had other things to say about that. John 3:16 is just one example. If you apply everything He said to the qualification for salvation, then you are proving you have no idea what you are doing.

On the judgment seat of Christ, our works will be tested with fire. Even if they are burned, the passage promises...." he himself will be saved, yet as through fire" . We are doing what we are instructed, for rewards, but not "for salvation", as you suggest. The qualification for life is a specific subject. It has its own set of parameters. I have quoted appropriate passages over and over that speak specifically to this category of qualification. You just don't get it.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: "Again, you are in your own fantasy world." Personal attacks ignored

----------
williemac: You are accusing me of wanting sin to be valid.
----------

That's what you're boasting about!

Quit trying to blame me for what you say!

"invalidating keeping commandments" is validating breaking commandments; which is God's definition of "sin".

"And if a soul sin, and commit any of these things which are forbidden to be done by the commandments of the LORD ..."

There is no "salvation" without compliance to God's word, commandments.

Commandment: "thou shalt confess with thy mouth"
Commandment: "and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead"
Commandment: "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Salvation = "But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience."

You invalidate "salvation and life" by "invalidating" "keeping commandments", "the word that I have spoken".

All of Jesus's words are commandments.

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

"... man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

If you reject Jesus's words, there is NO "salvation and life"

"invalidating keeping commandments" is trying to invalidate God.

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak."

"invalidating keeping commandments", the words of Jesus, "For I have not spoken of myself" is invalidating "salvation and life".

"And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

See what Jesus says? ... "his commandment is life everlasting"

If you're "invalidating keeping commandments" then you're "invalidating" "life everlasting".

Christ's doctrine; "If ye love me, keep my commandments." ... "For I have not spoken of myself" ... "And I know that his commandment is life everlasting"

You're attacking Christ's doctrine; "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of salvation and life by way of keeping commandments."

williemac; "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of" "keep my commandments".

Jesus Christ is "the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

"What I am invalidating is the doctrine of" "the way, the truth, and the life"

Only through Jesus is "salvation and life"; who's doctrine is "keep my commandments" ... the very thing you say; "I am invalidating"

----------
williemac: If you apply everything He said to the qualification for salvation, then you are proving you have no idea what you are doing.
----------

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." ... But, that's what you're "invalidating".

"... receiveth not my words ... the same shall judge him in the last day." ... But you're invalidating His words, His commandments.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." ... But you're "invalidating ... keeping commandments" for "salvation and life"

"Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning." ... But you're "invalidating ... keeping commandments" for "salvation and life"

----------
williemac: The qualification for life is a specific subject. It has its own set of parameters.
----------

Jesus Christ's doctrine; "qualification parameters for life"; "... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

But you're trying to invalidate Christ's doctrine; "What I am invalidating is the doctrine of salvation and life by way of" "keep the commandments"

No "keep the commandments" = No life.

Paul; "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are."

"Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?"

How can you "invalidate keeping commandments" if you don't even know what the Ten Commandments are? ... There's only ten.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeme said: All of Jesus's words are commandments.

Thanks for confirming what I said that you have no idea what you are talking about. Jesus said many things to many people. Some were parables, some were teachings, others were under differing categories, including prophecy. But there are those who somehow get the idea that everything He said is under the category of "commandment". A sad testimony of the many who fail to grasp the concept.

However, in regards to your quotes regarding the keeping of commandments, I already gave the additional information offered in the bible. It is found in Rom.5:15-19, where we find that Jesus kept that requirement for us on our behalf. It is as though He saw mankind struggling, none being righteous, and came along saying..."step aside, I'll handle this". I have asked you before...What part of ONE MAN do you fail to understand?

The doctrine of Jesus is not merely in red letters. We are told that ALL scripture is inspired of God and is profitable for teaching (doctrine), reproof, and correction, and instruction in righteousness. What good is it for those like yourself who will not take its correction? Included in the bible's warnings is the information that the self righteous (proud) will be resisted, including those who would rather earn the free gift rather than just receive it.

And even more sad is the fact that you conclude that this would therefore be a license to sin. My reply to that is that we are under authority and qualify for rebuke and chastening from our Master. How is that a license? How does that make sin valid? You are mistaken in saying my teaching validates sin. You cunningly demonstrate that conclusion by way of omitting parts of my teaching and quoting other parts out of context...which you also do with Scripture. People like you are a danger to the church at large, enticing others to save their own skin, adding it to grace.

As Paul said, if is by working, it becomes by debt and not grace. You on the other hand preach the two together. I will be away for a few weeks after today. I guess you will have the last word, such as it usually is.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
----------
williemac: IBeme said: All of Jesus's words are commandments.

Thanks for confirming what I said that you have no idea what you are talking about.
----------

Thanks for confirming you just make stuff up instead of going by the scriptures which you seem to know little about.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeMe said:
----------
williemac: IBeme said: All of Jesus's words are commandments.

Thanks for confirming what I said that you have no idea what you are talking about.
----------

Thanks for confirming you just make stuff up instead of going by the scriptures which you seem to know little about.

For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

That prophet, Jesus, said that whoever believes on Him will not perish. He said that the same person will not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life. However, The reason that you surmise that I am going against Jesus is that for whatever reason, you forget that He ended the old covenant at His death, as explained by Paul. And then Paul revealed the conditions of the new covenant, which were kept hidden until after the death of Jesus.

But since when does hearing the prophet translate to remaining in one's pride? Jesus said that he who seeks to save his own life will lose it. Are you not hearing that part? Paul reprimanded the Galatians for attempting to be justified by law. Which law? The moral commandments. He explained that Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us. (Gal.3:13). Which law brings the curse? The same one you are proclaiming the curse with. The curse is death. The wages of sin is death. But the GIFT of God is everlasting life. Jesus also said..."Freely you have received. Freely give".

Jesus said.."Many will come in My name, claiming "I am the Christ". There will be wars and rumors of wars. There will be famines. There will be sorrows. There will be false prophets." I can name dozens of such things Jesus said that were not commandments. But yes, we should hear Him in what He says about these things. How is it you don't know the difference between hearing Jesus and obeying His word concerning salvation? He said many things about the past, present, and future. He revealed the shortcomings of the people in their failure to be righteous. But then, He said in order to have eternal life, one must believe in Him. This is a simple statement that requires expanding upon. It could not be explained in detail until after the sacrifice was made by Jesus. Paul was given the task of revealing all that this entails. In all that Jesus said while on earth, He did not reveal faith entirely, as it was necessary to keep it hidden, lest the people would have refused to kill Him, knowing too much about His real identity and purpose.

Your failure to add this fact into the equation has caused you to remain within the confines of old covenant of works/salvation. Things are yet hidden from you as a result.

nothead

Apr 2, 2014
FAITH

FAITH IN

FAITH IN JESUS

FAITH FOR JESUS

FAITH TO PLEASE JESUS

THIS TO PLEASE HIS GOD

THIS TO ELEVATE GOD

THIS FOR GOD TO BE PLEASED

THIS GOD WHO IS GOOD

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: The reason that you surmise that I am going against Jesus is that ...
What are you talking about? ... It's your stated goal!

You're trying to invalidate salvation and life.

The words of Jesus are salvation and life; "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

"no man cometh unto the Father" but by faith in Jesus (the words of Jesus, The Word of God) ... "every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people."

The words Jesus spoke are "commandment", from God the Father; "what I should say, and what I should speak".

"I know that his commandment is life everlasting:"

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus ..."

A person isn't confessing (to declare faith in or adherence to) that Jesus is their "Lord" unless they acknowledge His sovereignty as The Word of God; "his commandment is life everlasting".

Just believing that Jesus was the Son of God isn't accepting Him as "Lord".

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

Satan knows that Jesus is the Son of God!

We must accept Jesus as our "Lord" to be accepted by God.

"He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

We must accept "The Word of God", Jesus Christ, as our "Lord" to believe on Jesus unto Salvation.

Otherwise, we're no different than devils; "devils also believe, and tremble."

If a person is "invalidating keeping commandments"; then they are rejecting Jesus Christ as "Lord", rejecting "The Word of God" (his commandment is life everlasting) and have reduced their relationship to God to "also believe", but don't submit to.

Rejecting "commandment" is rejecting "life everlasting".

"... every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people."

hear: 'to perceive or apprehend'

"Take heed therefore how ye hear ..."

The devils "hear" and "believe", but reject doing; "the devils also believe, and tremble."

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus ..."

If Jesus is our "Lord" then we "doeth".

Devils "hear" and "believe", but don't "doeth".

Your teaching NOT "doeth".

williemac: ... you forget that He ended the old covenant at His death ...
Anti-Christ's doctrine.

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached"

williemac: And then Paul revealed the conditions of the new covenant, which were kept hidden until after the death of Jesus.
This is so painfully analphabetic of the Bible, that it hurts to have to respond to it.

Thousands of Christians were saved before Paul became a Christian.

And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

Salvation is believe in Jesus, not Paul.

williemac: Paul reprimanded the Galatians for attempting to be justified by law. Which law? The moral commandments.
We can read Galatians and see that you're not telling the truth ... what's the point?

williemac: I can name dozens of such things Jesus said that were not commandments.
Do you mock Jesus?

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

We "live by ... every word ... of God"

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. ... "I am invalidating ... keeping commandments."

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Have these words not proceeded out of the mouth of God?

Mark 12:
28Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?”
29Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

1John 3:23 " And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another as He gave us commandment"

1John 4:20 " If someone says "I love God" and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen" 21 " And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also"

1John 5:1-13
1Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. 2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

6This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 8And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which He has testified of His Son.

10He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. 11And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

13These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

As for this quote from above reply:

williemac: And then Paul revealed the conditions of the new covenant, which were kept hidden until after the death of Jesus.
This is so painfully analphabetic of the Bible, that it hurts to have to respond to it.

Thousands of Christians were saved before Paul became a Christian.

What does that have to do with what I said? I did not say that no one could be saved before Paul. I said that Paul was a teacher of the conditions of the new covenant. Why do you keep reading things into my words that do not apply to my actual words? Peter stood up and preached the gospel on the day of Pentecost. The preaching of salvation by faith was seen on that day.

Jesus had sat them down before His ascension and revealed the meaning of the scripture to them, (Luke 44:45) opening their understanding. Therefore what I said was true, that things were hidden until that time.

However, doctrines have emerged over and over from the beginning that are contrary to the word of God, as we both know. They can be identified and refuted thanks to the scripture , not the least of which was written by Paul. Some of his writings were direct responses to false doctrine.
Paul told us the reason the law was added, explained why salvation and justification was not available through any means which could facilitate boasting, and summed up the way to salvation nicely in Rom.10:9,10. It comes by confessing with the mouth the Lord Jesus and believing in the heart that God has raised Him from the dead. These things are also confirmed in the above references from 1John.

Good day, sir. I am on the road in an hour and will be away for a while.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: 1John 3:23
You're not allowed to use that scripture, it has a "commandment" in it.

You're not allowed to use those scriptures in your doctrine; you're "invalidating" all those scriptures.

How's this thing work? ... You're just "invalidating" the ones you don't like?

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
To be saved a person must become a Christian. Peter preached the salvation message in Acts Chapter 2 using the keys Jesus had given him.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

One should not claim Peter as their "papa" if they do not obey the Acts 2:38 message that Peter preached.

Bro Steve Winter http://biblefolk.com/forum/4

Bro Steve Winter

Apr 12, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
This thread now has 233 opinions on what salvation is

It is sure a good thing the Lord does not.
It is important to look at what God's Word says about salvation and what God says is the plan for all that He will call.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 2:38 is the plan for as many as the Lord our God shall call and opinion will not matter on judgment day,

Bro. Winter

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Bro Steve Winter said:
To be saved a person must become a Christian.
No kidding
Bro Steve Winter said:
One should not claim Peter as their "papa" if they do not obey the Acts 2:38 message that Peter preached.
HUH ???? ... I dont know anybody who calls Peter "papa"
Bro Steve Winter said:
It is important to look at what God's Word says about salvation and what God says is the plan for all that He will call.

Acts 2:38 is the plan for as many as the Lord our God shall call and opinion will not matter on judgment day,

Bro. Winter
Nothing new here .... Acts 2:38 sums up the most basic elementary teaching about Christian salvation .... are you thinking we dont know that ???

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Arnie Manitoba said:
No kidding

Nothing new here .... Acts 2:38 sums up the most basic elementary teaching about Christian salvation .... are you thinking we dont know that ???
Thank you for caring!

Elementary to be baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ"?

Does water baptism save?

Does water baptism only simbolize something, and, etc., and etc.

Baptize in the "name" means?

Old passionately curious Jack

shturt678 said:
No kidding

Thank you for caring!

Elementary to be baptized "in the name of Jesus Christ"?

Does water baptism save?

Does water baptism only simbolize something, and, etc., and etc.

Baptize in the "name" means?

Old passionately curious Jack

Thank you folks again for caring!

Have a fear our our Lord, ie, not me, eg, simply one needs to undergo an "instant of faith" followed by a valid "born again," correct?

Old curious Jack :)

btw upon each's passing, ie, mine is soon due to old age, one will awake in heaven or hell forever and ever. We need to line up our ducks before the passing.

JoJoRoss

Apr 4, 2014
Carlsbad,CA
Whats required for going to Heaven?

Answer:

God was pleased to have all fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself ALL THINGS on earth or in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. (Col.1:19)

In the name of the Savior of ALL THINGS,
JoJo

B

brakelite

There are a number of requirements for entering life.The latest given in scripture do not annul any of the former conditions. For example, belief or faith in Jesus doesn't annul......

Ec 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

And a little later, Micah said the following, which doesn't annul the former either....

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

And there are many many more scriptures throughout the Bible that advise, counsel, admonish, guide, teach, command, and lead us into truth, salvation, and eternal life. Belief and trust or faith in Jesus does not cancel out any of the above, but on the contrary, makes our obedience to them not only possible, but in reality provides the ONLY means by which we may obey God in anything, for without Me ye can do nothing.
It is extrememly dangerous to pin your hopes on just one single aspect of divine revelation. Yes, belief is essential, but to what end? Belief in what?

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
brakelite said:
There are a number of requirements for entering life.The latest given in scripture do not annul any of the former conditions. For example, belief or faith in Jesus doesn't annul......

Ec 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

And a little later, Micah said the following, which doesn't annul the former either....

Mic 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

And there are many many more scriptures throughout the Bible that advise, counsel, admonish, guide, teach, command, and lead us into truth, salvation, and eternal life. Belief and trust or faith in Jesus does not cancel out any of the above, but on the contrary, makes our obedience to them not only possible, but in reality provides the ONLY means by which we may obey God in anything, for without Me ye can do nothing.
It is extrememly dangerous to pin your hopes on just one single aspect of divine revelation. Yes, belief is essential, but to what end? Belief in what?
Thank you again for caring!

Simply, one's instant of faith effected through repentance places one in the Kingdom of God, awaiting a valid water baptism rebirth.

In this way, one turns from the power of sin to the faith instead of just turning to the faith as pervasively done today.

Old Jack's opinion.