What Satan Doesn't Want You to Know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 6 is spiritual. Romans 8:23 is the physical. As long as we are in these sinful Adamic bodies we are corrupt and need to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58.
1 Corinthians 15:22
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

New Living Translation
Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.

English Standard Version
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Berean Standard Bible

We also aren’t in the flesh, were in the Spirit...I’m NOT in Adam , I’m in Christ??

My spirit is in Christ, it’s Alive in the Holy Spirit??......

As you believe you are still in your Adamic bodies, how can you have been birthed in the Spirit?

As soon as we have been birthed in the Spirit, we have been set free from sin....and we know that 100% as the Holy Spirit testifies to our spirit that we are children of God.

If you still believe you are in Adam, then you haven’t been set free from sin.....you must be Born Again to be set free from sin...it’s a supernatural act that only God can do.....it’s a spiritual birth between our spirit and the Holy Spirit, he births our spirit into his...you understand that right?

Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit??

Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to wreck your fun, but the law of Christ (The commandments) is the law of Moses. Jesus simply elevated it and spiritualized it. The law does not save or justify, Romans 3:20. The law (commandments) judges and condemns.
The laws of God are not something you just memorize; they must be written on your heart by God supernaturally when you repent, are cleansed, and the Holy Spirit then can indwell you. Instead of having a sin nature in opposition to God's laws, you now have been given a new nature and the laws are part of that new nature that keeps them naturally, instinctually. Then you are abiding in Christ.

You still have a free will, but a clear conscience is so comfortable you don't want to do anything to feel shame.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cassandra

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6 is spiritual. Romans 8:23 is the physical. As long as we are in these sinful Adamic bodies we are corrupt and need to be changed, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58.
Our body doesn't control our nature, our nature controls our body. It was our nature that sin was taken out of, and our body will be obedient to new impulses that are righteous. Remember. the devil wants you to talk yourself into the opposite of what Jesus did in you. Jesus took away your sin, and there is no sin in Him, 1 John 3:5-9, but the devil wants you to believe you are a sinner. Proverbs 23:7 As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

I am dead to sin, and I reckon myself dead to sin by telling myself the truth of what Jesus did in me. I have a clear conscience. I am part of His Spotless Bride!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our body doesn't control our nature, our nature controls our body. It was our nature that sin was taken out of, and our body will be obedient to new impulses that are righteous. Remember. the devil wants you to talk yourself into the opposite of what Jesus did in you. Jesus took away your sin, and there is no sin in Him, 1 John 3:5-9, but the devil wants you to believe you are a sinner. Proverbs 23:7 As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.

I am dead to sin, and I reckon myself dead to sin by telling myself the truth of what Jesus did in me. I have a clear conscience. I am part of His Spotless Bride!
Spiritually, we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Physically we are still here in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23. John said that you are deceiving yourself, 1 John 1:8.

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually, we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Physically we are still here in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23. John said that you are deceiving yourself, 1 John 1:8.

Romans 8:23 isn't about sin. It is about a dying body.

Even a sinless born again of the Spirit before coming to Christ was a sinner. 1 John 1:8

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:23 isn't about sin. It is about a dying body.

Even a sinless born again of the Spirit before coming to Christ was a sinner. 1 John 1:8
Paul also said, "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

The reason for this is because all are born after Adam, Romans 3:12.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul also said, "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Its all about our nature...we are either the Seed of the Serpent (symbol of Flesh) or the seed of the Woman (Christ). The OP is nonsense.
F2F

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That was first written to the Jews under the law who had to keep the law with their sin nature. They couldn't do it. That is WHY Jesus came to take sin out of our nature so that we can be righteous and children of God, not sinners. 1 John 3:5-9 Paul is using that verse as part of his teaching on the Law vs. Spirit. In other words, between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

Which covenant are you in. It seems you are choosing the Old Covenant.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was first written to the Jews under the law who had to keep the law with their sin nature. They couldn't do it. That is WHY Jesus came to take sin out of our nature so that we can be righteous and children of God, not sinners. 1 John 3:5-9 Paul is using that verse as part of his teaching on the Law vs. Spirit. In other words, between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

Which covenant are you in. It seems you are choosing the Old Covenant.
No, I am a New Covenant Christian that has been justified by faith, apart from the deeds of the law.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is the transgression of God's law, 1 John 3:4. Since there are over 2,000 laws it means that there is none righteous, no, not one, Romans 3:10.
There are no righteous ones--I agree. But the "2000" number you quoted, many ceremonal and many made made. All sin is contained in the 10 commandments. Think of a sin==it is there.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:22

New Living Translation
Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.

English Standard Version
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Berean Standard Bible

We also aren’t in the flesh, were in the Spirit...I’m NOT in Adam , I’m in Christ??

My spirit is in Christ, it’s Alive in the Holy Spirit??......

As you believe you are still in your Adamic bodies, how can you have been birthed in the Spirit?

As soon as we have been birthed in the Spirit, we have been set free from sin....and we know that 100% as the Holy Spirit testifies to our spirit that we are children of God.

If you still believe you are in Adam, then you haven’t been set free from sin.....you must be Born Again to be set free from sin...it’s a supernatural act that only God can do.....it’s a spiritual birth between our spirit and the Holy Spirit, he births our spirit into his...you understand that right?

Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit??

Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

New Living Translation
But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.)

English Standard Version
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
Christians are still in their Adamic bodies and are waiting to be changed, "Even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING for the adoption, the redemption of our body" Romans 8:23. Paul also said, "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality, 1 Corinthians 15:53.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am a New Covenant Christian that has been justified by faith, apart from the deeds of the law.
And why was the law no longer necessary? Jesus came to free us from sin. Don't you think Jesus would have taken sin out of the cause - the sin nature?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why was the law no longer necessary? Jesus came to free us from sin. Don't you think Jesus would have taken sin out of the cause - the sin nature?
The law is no longer necessary because God sees his people as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. We still have our sin nature so that we can reach others with the Gospel. Paul confessed that he was a sinner, Romans 7:7-25.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those whom claim superiority over the nature of the flesh, who do not recognize sin when IT IS SIN have annuled the efficacy of the instruction of the word of God.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,, for correction, for instruction in RIGHTEOUSNESS:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

These also carry on the dissection of his word unto who it is addressed; that in the N.T whether or not it is written to believers but to unbelievers such as this verse below.

1 John 1:7-9
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

IN biblical vernacular, every man / woman will give ACCOUNT of themselves before God !

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is no longer necessary because God sees his people as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. We still have our sin nature so that we can reach others with the Gospel. Paul confessed that he was a sinner, Romans 7:7-25.
What does having a sin nature have to do with reaching others with the Gospel? Paul didn't have a sin nature when he wrote his books. He was born again of the Spirit and free from sin just as he wrote in Romans 6. Start reading Romans 7 at verse 5 and see that Christians are no longer in the flesh just as Romans 8:2-9 says. Romans 7:14-25 pictures a person in the flesh or carnal nature so we know that was the Jews under the law before being made free from sin. Romans 8:2 is Paul saying that "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." He is saying that he is free from the life of Romans 7:14-25 that you want to keep for yourself. I sure don't.

Your denomination may tell you that God is blind to our sin, but He isn't. Jesus came to free us completely from sin at the source - the sin nature leaving us with a human nature with the Holy Spirit inside. Robert that is the truth. Start reading the Word in context.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Christians are still in their Adamic bodies and are waiting to be changed, "Even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING for the adoption, the redemption of our body" Romans 8:23. Paul also said, "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality, 1 Corinthians 15:53.
We need to be Born Again..I’ve already been adopted into God’s family....when “ Spirit gives birth to spirit..

We are Born of God..that is the “ Living “ spiritual birth..

We must be Born Again , the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are his children..( Gods children) ..which is done through the Living Holy Spirit.

John 3

King James Version

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Reactions: amigo de christo