What Satan Doesn't Want You to Know

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The talents had nothing to do with money, but the gifts for ministry of the Spirit. The increase would have been the saved, and the maturing of fruit of the Spirit.

National Israel are not Satan's servants. For the first 3.5 years of the Great Tribulation they are hiding from him and protected by God. And they are becoming saved so all Israel becomes saved. Romans 11:25-26. That angers the Antichrist and he goes after the "rest of her offspring" who are grafted into Israel, the Gentile Church. During the second half of the GT, the Antichrist goes after the whole Church, including the newly saved national Israel. No new Gentiles are saved during the GT; they have a strong delusion on them. There will be many martyrs, and many Philadelphians who endure to the end. Those who "come out" of the GT, were nominal Christians when they went "into" the GT, but had to overcome through testing.

But considering the meaning of the word talents back when Jesus was telling this parable, the "talent" represented a monetary value which was determined by the measured weight of metal that the talent was made from. So, your first sentence ignores the actual context of the parable and attributes a different meaning to the word "talent," used in the parable.

As for your second paragraph, the Great tribulation does not figure in the Parable of the Talents as by this time the man who goes away has returned and the little while period is starting to unfold with the Great Tribulation coming into effect after Satan and his armies begin to encircle Jerusalem. This aspect of the End times during the little while period that follows Satan's imprisonment for 1,000 years does not figure in the Parable of the Talents.

However, the Great Tribulation does in part figure in the parable of the Minas when Satan is released from the Bottomless pit after his 1,000 years of imprisonment.

Now the "fruit" that the "Good and faithful servants" brought before their master when he returned was additional "monetary talents." This is what is recorded in the parable for the first and second servant.

The third servant informed the master that he was not entitled to the harvest, to which the master replied: -

26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has ten talents.​
29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’​

You are spinning a story to suit your narrative of the last age.

You have hidden Satan from view with your understanding of the parable of the Talents.

You have also mixed the Parable of the Minas with the parable of the Talents. You have missed the point of the fruit that the servants brought to Satan when he returned.

Their fruit that they brought was a monetary increase in the assets of Satan.

In comparison the fruit of the servants who go out to help bring in the harvest in another parable are the fruits of the harvest which is representative of the souls saved during the 1,000 years of the harvest. This was the purpose Jesus intended his Saints to undertake.

Your understanding is flawed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You just described a license to sin.

No, i just described How "Christ is the end of the Law, for righteousness, to everyone who Believes".

And you because you dont understand this, you mislabeled the Grace of God, again.

See, you read...The born again are "not under the Law, but under Grace", and you think this is teaching "enjoy your carnality"

So, the issue is not the verses.
The issue is your previous teachers, who taught you to not understand "made righteous" and "in Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Freedom TO sin is a DOCTRINE OF DEMONS. Which means you are probably Calvanist. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Jesus died to take away all desire to sin. He made us a new creation. The Bible doesn't say anywhere that we are free TO sin. It says we are free FROM sin. Romans 6:6-7, 22 Demons teach the opposite of the truth, and those who love sin choose teachers that teach what they want to hear.

That is not what they are teaching..

They are teaching that to be 'made free from sin" is based on not being under the Law that defines you as a sinner.

See, once a person understands WHY they are "made righteous" then they stop trying to do it, and instead rest in this Grace of God, that is to understand what it means to have become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".

You're not there yet, 1stCenturyLady.
You're still in the "trying to do righteousness to be righteous"... stage that is This..

Hebrews 6:1

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, i just described How "Christ is the end of the Law, for righteousness, to everyone who Believes".

And you because you dont understand this, you mislabeled the Grace of God, again.

See, you read...The born again are "not under the Law, but under Grace", and you think this is teaching "enjoy your carnality"

So, the issue is not the verses.
The issue is your previous teachers, who taught you to not understand "made righteous" and "in Christ".
We are one with Christ!.....and in his righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5:21

King James Version

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Right. We are MADE righteous. We do not become righteous. The righteousness of Christ is to our account, reserved for us in heaven, 1 Peter 1:4.

Yes, amen.

The born again... this BELIEVER, the instant they are born again, becomes "the righteousness of God in Christ"

The born again STARTS "made righteous".... from the instant of their New Birth.

The born again "starts finished", in that regard.......as we can't become more Righteous, then God's "GIFT of (imputed) Righteousness".

DaveG

Sep 14, 2023
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What "Satan" doesn't want you to know could be seen as the truths or insights that can help individuals resist negativity and lead a more fulfilling life.

One thing "Satan" doesn't want you to know is the power of self-awareness. When you understand your own weaknesses, fears, and vulnerabilities, you become less susceptible to negative influences. Self-awareness allows you to recognize when you are being tempted or led astray and empowers you to make conscious choices.

Another truth that "Satan" might not want you to realize is the importance of compassion and empathy. These qualities connect us to others and build strong, positive relationships. When we empathize with others, we create a supportive network that can help us resist negativity and overcome challenges.

"Satan" also wouldn't want you to know the significance of gratitude. Gratitude can transform your perspective and help you focus on the positive aspects of life. When you are grateful, you are less likely to be consumed by negativity, envy, or bitterness.

Furthermore, "Satan" might not want you to understand the value of resilience. Life is full of trials and tribulations, and being resilient means bouncing back from adversity. Resilience allows you to face challenges head-on and emerge stronger, which can be a formidable defense against negativity.

Lastly, "Satan" wouldn't want you to know the power of love. Love, whether it's love for oneself, for others, or even a higher power, is a force that can conquer negativity and transform lives. Love promotes kindness, forgiveness, and understanding, making it a formidable weapon against darkness.

In summary, what "Satan" doesn't want you to know are the truths and qualities that empower individuals to resist negativity and lead more meaningful lives. These include self-awareness, compassion, gratitude, resilience, and love. Understanding and embracing these concepts can be a powerful defense against negativity and temptation, leading to a life filled with positivity and purpose.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What "Satan" doesn't want you to know could be seen as the truths or insights that can help individuals resist negativity and lead a more fulfilling life.

One thing "Satan" doesn't want you to know is the power of self-awareness. When you understand your own weaknesses, fears, and vulnerabilities, you become less susceptible to negative influences. Self-awareness allows you to recognize when you are being tempted or led astray and empowers you to make conscious choices.

Another truth that "Satan" might not want you to realize is the importance of compassion and empathy. These qualities connect us to others and build strong, positive relationships. When we empathize with others, we create a supportive network that can help us resist negativity and overcome challenges.

"Satan" also wouldn't want you to know the significance of gratitude. Gratitude can transform your perspective and help you focus on the positive aspects of life. When you are grateful, you are less likely to be consumed by negativity, envy, or bitterness.

Furthermore, "Satan" might not want you to understand the value of resilience. Life is full of trials and tribulations, and being resilient means bouncing back from adversity. Resilience allows you to face challenges head-on and emerge stronger, which can be a formidable defense against negativity.

Lastly, "Satan" wouldn't want you to know the power of love. Love, whether it's love for oneself, for others, or even a higher power, is a force that can conquer negativity and transform lives. Love promotes kindness, forgiveness, and understanding, making it a formidable weapon against darkness.

In summary, what "Satan" doesn't want you to know are the truths and qualities that empower individuals to resist negativity and lead more meaningful lives. These include self-awareness, compassion, gratitude, resilience, and love. Understanding and embracing these concepts can be a powerful defense against negativity and temptation, leading to a life filled with positivity and purpose.
Excellent .....the self awareness is priceless, as are the others, thank you for sharing, God has been speaking to me about “ self awareness “ ...you just reinforced what was already spoken to me, today would you believe through a pastor on YouTube, God’s timing is perfect, no doubt about that, Praise God.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent .....the self awareness is priceless, as are the others, thank you for sharing, God has been speaking to me about “ self awareness “ ...you just reinforced what was already spoken to me, today would you believe through a pastor on YouTube, God’s timing is perfect, no doubt about that, Praise God.
I believe in Christ awareness. We need to go outside of ourselves to someone that is greater than ourselves.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe in Christ awareness. We need to go outside of ourselves to someone that is greater than ourselves.
Go outside of ourselves?

No!!....we are led by the Holy Spirit...Without him who “ indwells “ us..” WE ARE NOTHING “everything that we learn about ourselves comes from him and only him.

So NO...I look within, where the Holy Spirit lives, in the spirit of his children.

We have been birthed in the Spirit...all of his Born Again Children.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

Romans 8:16 Context​

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behold

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go outside of ourselves?

No!!....we are led by the Holy Spirit...Without him who “ indwells “ us..everything that we learn about ourselves comes from him and only him.

So NO...I look within, where the Holy Spirit lives, in the spirit of his children.

We have been birthed in the Spirit...all of his Born Again Children.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit
The biggest enemy of Christianity is subjectivism. Religion is very subjective especially religions like Pentecostalism and Catholicism. The Holy Spirit will not lead you into yourself who is an Adamic sinner. The Holy Spirit always leads us to Christ who is without sin and is our advocate. The Christian has two natures, the nature of Christ and the nature of Adam, who is a sinner. This can cause stress in the Christians life. Paul struggled with sin, Romans 7:7-25. Paul wrote, "The flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would" Galatians 5:17.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biggest enemy of Christianity is subjectivism. Religion is very subjective especially religions like Pentecostalism and Catholicism. The Holy Spirit will not lead you into yourself who is an Adamic sinner. The Holy Spirit always leads us to Christ who is without sin and is our advocate. The Christian has two natures, the nature of Christ and the nature of Adam, who is a sinner. This can cause stress in the Christians life. Paul struggled with sin, Romans 7:7-25. Paul wrote, "The flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would" Galatians 5:17.
The biggest enemy of Christianity is atheism.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve given my reply....I completely disagree with your theology...I am led by the Spirit of God and not by “ human” understanding...which I believe your theology to be.

Therefore, rather that bat the ball back and forth...a Born Again are called NOT to argue....you can believe whatever you like....I can most definitely disagree with it, which I do!

Edit to add...I didn’t say the Holy Spirit leads me into myself...try not to put your “ own “ words into members conversations...obviously you aren’t understanding me.

Have a nice Blessed day...no more conversation from me to you.

Leave you with God’s word?

Romans 8:16 Context​

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
. Paul struggled with sin, Romans 7:7-25. Paul wrote, "The flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would" Galatians 5:17.

There is a false teaching, that you are involved in, that has Paul "struggling with sin", and its based on the verse you quoted, that is taken out of context, by not quoting the next verse that is the solution.

Also, there is Romans 7, where Paul is describing Legalism, that wars against the Spirit.
He kept teaching, and most Christians, stopped reading once they read..."that which i hate i do, and that which i want to do, i cant'"
So, Paul kept teaching, and most Christians stopped reading, and have no idea that He was not describing "Christianity".
He was describing the mental bondage effect of LEGALISM.

You have not noticed that Paul never confesses sin, in any Epistle, and never tells the Born Again to do this..

The Reason is....
He explains, that a person who is having trouble with their mind..... (where the sin lives)(where the confusion lives), ... this is because they have not renewed their mind so that their sin consciousness becomes this..

"Christ always gives me the Victory".

"I can do all things through Christ, which STRENGTHENS me'.

See, its the Devil who wants you to believe that Christianity is..."sin... confess... repeat"... or that its..."struggling against sin, and failing again".

That's the Devil's lie, and Paul never teaches that.... He teaches the exact Opposite., but you have to read ALL of His Teaching.
He Teaches that the "old man of sin is Crucified with Christ", and that we are to see HIM DEAD., as our REAL FAITH.
WE are to understand that we are "made FREE From sin", and "made RIghteous"...and that to """walk in the Spirit, and you will not commit the deeds of the Flesh""

Here is the main thing that most believers do not understand, and if you can SEE this, then this will begin your renewed mind that will cause sin consciousness to fade away.

You have to understand and BELIEVE.... that : """"you are not under the Law, but Under Grace."""
NO MATTER WHAT.
This means that what you did wrong, that the law previously defined as "sin".... is now... "not under the Law but under Grace".

See, the Born again .. exist '"""IN CHRIST""""...."One with God", and there is no sin found there...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Reason is....
He explains, that a person who is having trouble with their mind..... (where the sin lives)(where the confusion lives), ... this is because they have not renewed their mind so that their sin consciousness becomes this..
This all takes time for a believer to grow and understand this knowledge, which can only come from the Holy Spirit, who is the one who gets us to this place of understanding.

Everything comes from God and the Holy Spirit only Glorifies Jesus....we give God every part of our lives and put him first in every situation, we can only go to him...as we get it so very wrong...( in the flesh) .again this has to be learnt as the Holy Spirit teaches us....it’s called growth and maturing in Christ..imo/ belief.

Same as when we become Born Again, it’s the Testifying of the Holy Spirit to our spirit, that how we know that God exists..

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a false teaching, that you are involved in, that has Paul "struggling with sin", and its based on the verse you quoted, that is taken out of context, by not quoting the next verse that is the solution.

Also, there is Romans 7, where Paul is describing Legalism, that wars against the Spirit.
He kept teaching, and most Christians, stopped reading once they read..."that which i hate i do, and that which i want to do, i cant'"
So, Paul kept teaching, and most Christians stopped reading, and have no idea that He was not describing "Christianity".
He was describing the mental bondage effect of LEGALISM.

You have not noticed that Paul never confesses sin, in any Epistle, and never tells the Born Again to do this..

The Reason is....

"Christ always gives me the Victory".

"I can do all things through Christ, which STRENGTHENS me'.

See, its the Devil who wants you to believe that Christianity is..."sin... confess... repeat"... or that its..."struggling against sin, and failing again".

That's the Devil's lie, and Paul never teaches that.... He teaches the exact Opposite., but you have to read ALL of His Teaching.
He Teaches that the "old man of sin is Crucified with Christ", and that we are to see HIM DEAD., as our REAL FAITH.
WE are to understand that we are "made FREE From sin", and "made RIghteous"...and that to """walk in the Spirit, and you will not commit the deeds of the Flesh""

Here is the main thing that most believers do not understand, and if you can SEE this, then this will begin your renewed mind that will cause sin consciousness to fade away.

You have to understand and BELIEVE.... that : """"you are not under the Law, but Under Grace."""
NO MATTER WHAT.
This means that what you did wrong, that the law previously defined as "sin".... is now... "not under the Law but under Grace".

See, the Born again .. exist '"""IN CHRIST""""...."One with God", and there is no sin found there...
I disagree with you.

As long as we are still in these unredeemed Adamic bodies we will struggle with sin, Romans 8:23. Christians are sinners and saints at the same time.

There is the spiritual and then there is the physical. Spiritually we are perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. Physically because of Adam we are sinners, 1 Timothy 1:15.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Online commentary.

He Guides in a Number of Different Ways​

We find the guidance of the Holy Spirit comes in a number of different ways. They include the following.

The Holy Spirit Guides the Believer into Truth​

Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would come and guide the believer into all truth. John records Him saying.

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come (John 16:13 ESV).
God’s Spirit is the Spirit of truth. He will lead us into the truth.

The Holy Spirit Allows Believers to Understand the Things of God​

The Apostle Paul wrote that we are able to know the things of God through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. He put it this way.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God (1 Corinthians 2:12 NKJV).
We can now have a better understanding of the things of God because of the guidance of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

The Holy Spirit Leads People Where to Go​

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit guides the believer in their personal lives. We are told that Philip the evangelist was guided by the Spirit of God to preach the good news to the Ethiopian eunuch.

And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot” (Acts 8:27-29 ESV).
He shows us where we should go.

The Holy Spirit Sets People Apart for Ministry​

The Holy Spirit spoke to the people at church in Antioch. He told them to set apart two men for the ministry. The Book of Acts records the following.

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off. The two of them, sent on their way by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia and sailed from there to Cyprus (Acts 13:2-4 NIV).
Believers have been set apart to do God’s ministry.

The Holy Spirit Sometimes Stops the Plans of Believers​

Later in the Book of Acts, we read of the Holy Spirit actually stopping people from going to Asia. Scripture says.

They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia (Acts 16:6 NASB).
This teaches us that God may sometime stop our plans because He has something better in mind. We must always be aware that this may occur.

The Holy Spirit May Guide into Difficult Circumstances​

We find an example of the Holy Spirit leading the Apostle Paul into suffering and jail. The Book of Acts records it in this manner.

And now, as a captive to the Spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and persecutions are waiting for me (Acts 20:22, 23 NRSV).
Therefore, it is possible that the Holy Spirit, for reasons known only to God, could guide believers into areas where they will suffer and be persecuted.

We know that God’s ways are not our ways. The prophet Isaiah recorded the Lord saying these important words.

“My thoughts are completely different from yours,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT).
God’s ways are different than ours. We must always respect this. Often He will work in ways in which we did not expect or imagine. However, He always knows best.

In sum, we can say that God’s Spirit will guide the believer in Jesus Christ if we allow Him to do so. There are a number of ways in which He does this. Consequently, we need to be aware of the various ways and means by which He will guide us.

God desires us to become more and more mature in His purposes so that we have the joy of “being led by the Holy Spirit” (Romans 8). “Being led by the Spirit” is the evidence that we are the sons and daughters of the Living God. Sons and daughters do what their Heavenly Father wills for them, because He loves and wants the best for His children. When we are being led by the Holy Spirit it demonstrates in us a growing maturity in the purposes of God. The more we can do things God’s way the more we will experience the greater happenings of God in and through our lives. And we can only do that as we are sensitive enough to hear His voice to us, telling us what He wants us to do.

John 10:27-28

King James Version

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Online commentary.

He Guides in a Number of Different Ways​

We find the guidance of the Holy Spirit comes in a number of different ways. They include the following.

The Holy Spirit Guides the Believer into Truth​

Jesus promised the Holy Spirit would come and guide the believer into all truth. John records Him saying.

God’s Spirit is the Spirit of truth. He will lead us into the truth.

The Holy Spirit Allows Believers to Understand the Things of God​

The Apostle Paul wrote that we are able to know the things of God through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. He put it this way.

We can now have a better understanding of the things of God because of the guidance of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

The Holy Spirit Leads People Where to Go​

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit guides the believer in their personal lives. We are told that Philip the evangelist was guided by the Spirit of God to preach the good news to the Ethiopian eunuch.

He shows us where we should go.

The Holy Spirit Sets People Apart for Ministry​

The Holy Spirit spoke to the people at church in Antioch. He told them to set apart two men for the ministry. The Book of Acts records the following.

Believers have been set apart to do God’s ministry.

The Holy Spirit Sometimes Stops the Plans of Believers​

Later in the Book of Acts, we read of the Holy Spirit actually stopping people from going to Asia. Scripture says.

This teaches us that God may sometime stop our plans because He has something better in mind. We must always be aware that this may occur.

The Holy Spirit May Guide into Difficult Circumstances​

We find an example of the Holy Spirit leading the Apostle Paul into suffering and jail. The Book of Acts records it in this manner.

Therefore, it is possible that the Holy Spirit, for reasons known only to God, could guide believers into areas where they will suffer and be persecuted.

We know that God’s ways are not our ways. The prophet Isaiah recorded the Lord saying these important words.

God’s ways are different than ours. We must always respect this. Often He will work in ways in which we did not expect or imagine. However, He always knows best.

In sum, we can say that God’s Spirit will guide the believer in Jesus Christ if we allow Him to do so. There are a number of ways in which He does this. Consequently, we need to be aware of the various ways and means by which He will guide us.

God desires us to become more and more mature in His purposes so that we have the joy of “being led by the Holy Spirit” (Romans 8). “Being led by the Spirit” is the evidence that we are the sons and daughters of the Living God. Sons and daughters do what their Heavenly Father wills for them, because He loves and wants the best for His children. When we are being led by the Holy Spirit it demonstrates in us a growing maturity in the purposes of God. The more we can do things God’s way the more we will experience the greater happenings of God in and through our lives. And we can only do that as we are sensitive enough to hear His voice to us, telling us what He wants us to do.

John 10:27-28​

King James Version​

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Believers only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Spirit, Romans 8:23. The reason for this is to help us get through this life and be a witness for Christ and his Gospel. We have not arrived yet because we still have our old Adamic nature that is prone to sin. The Lord left us here in this condition so that we can reach others for Christ. If we were without sin, we would not be able to relate to the lost.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Believers only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Spirit, Romans 8:23. The reason for this is to help us get through this life and be a witness for Christ and his Gospel. We have not arrived yet because we still have our old Adamic nature that is prone to sin. The Lord left us here in this condition so that we can reach others for Christ. If we were without sin, we would not be able to relate to the lost.
He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.
Ephesians 1:5
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

To redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
Galatians 4:5-7

“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me.”
Matthew 18:5

Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.
1 John 3:2

This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.
Romans 9:8

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
John 1:12

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 John 3:1

For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
Galatians 3:26

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Last edited: